• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

VA

Smash Hero
this was a great event, really well played to everyone especially prof. you really swung the momentum back in your favour. you're a great player. I think counterpicking let me down. I think after this performance I can really start getting over my nerves. who knew my peach was any good?

unlucky for choking frost.

An awesome fest Fuzzy, they get better every time ;o.

Kay shoutouts =3.

Jihad - You've improved ALOT since the last tournament, beating out Aura was definatly something to be proud of.

Ixis - ****ing awesome Bowser, the matches were sooo close ;.;. Samus just can't KO.

Auroreon - Seriously wicked Yoshi, don't get discouraged for your placement or our friendlies, you were clearly having a bad day, I can see your much better then your placement =3.

Kira! - Epic Falco, I did far better then I thought I would :3. Good games man.

Cong - Well, I almost beat you this time, but your still just to good for me, awesome games, we need more friendlies.

P3 - Your zero suit is just awesome, SAMUS FTW. I like your use of grabs, seriously to good, we need to play more, was awesome to meet you.

Trio3 - A real shame we didn't get to play, I wanted my revenge =3. Your a cool guy to talk to xD, your Marth looked ****ing scary ;.;.

v26 - Awesome Ganon and Wolf, your like the UK version of Koskinator xD. Seriously that Wolf of yours gave me a run for my money.

Harlex - Pro Lucas.

fourguyswhoididntknowthenamesof - Fun ffas.

If I missed anyone, I apologise.

NessySmashBros

Smash Apprentice
GGs to everyone I played. I had a great time ^_^ Even if I did do crap, but looks like I gotta lot of work to do to keep up with the rest.

Beast - Great matches, really close and intense. But then you srewed me over on FoD :(

Dash - Gaaah, I hate ICs. But they were pretty sweet ^_^

Unreal - Either your Falco has improved alot or my Fox has got worse, shame I didn't get a chance to get back a victory :p

Metroidfan09 - You just suck

JJFox - Good old JJ, had some good friendlies and doubles. GGs Even if you did own us in doubles

Anyone else I played - :D

Also I got some vids that I will upload now or tomorrow morning, I shall post them here. I wasn't able to record more because my card was full...v_v But I got some Fuzzyness vs Prof and Mango Tamoo vs VA.

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
Deep event lets do some shoutouts

Nessy - I see you're still improving nicely you need to get more d-air shines in and generally more air combos, very nice matches ;)

MetroidFan09 - Your Samus was definitely better than last time but you make too many mistakes and suicide alot. :(

Dash - Didn't even play you today lol but i saw you giving out quite alot of ****.

The Lust (lol) - Liked our matches alot, crazy Falcon with nice grab mind games and the knees were not nice. :(

Deathgazer - Stop moving so fast man lol

Bishkin - You have the skill to do better stuff but you have no consistency with L cancelling and you definitely need to learn to pressure the sheild.

Tamoo

Smash Master
step it up london!

This tournament was ****.

Top four for brawl was something like:
1) kira
2) fuzzy
3) Trio
4) calzorz

****ing hell fuzzy why is your jiggs soo good

And **** you fuzzy I came 4th!!!!

Top 8 for melee:

1) Fuzzyness
2) Professor Pro
3) Vanity Angel
4) Tamoo
5) Frostbyte
5) Chrisboi
7) Deathgazer
7) Kman

-BlAz3-

Smash Apprentice
Yes ****ing London

Fuzzy And Kira Holding That **** Down *****aaaaa

London Is Back On Top Yehhhhhhh Boyyyyyyyyy

we are the ****ing master race.

cong

Smash Journeyman
Fun event as usual, thanks for organizeing them charles :)

was good to see all the regulars and the people from last month returning xD

also Welcome to all the new people, hope to see you guys again new year =P

and thanks for all them friendlies calzor and kira,

But brawlers gotta bring more set ups, there was only 4?, so next time bring some more guys.

EDIT: oh yeah, didnt someone forget something at the venue? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
step it up london!
This tournament was ****.

Top four for brawl was something like:
1) kira
2) fuzzy
3) Trio
4) calzorz

****ing hell fuzzy why is your jiggs soo good

And **** you fuzzy I came 4th!!!!

Top 8 for melee:

1) Fuzzyness
2) Professor Pro
3) Vanity Angel
4) Tamoo
5) Frostbyte
5) Chrisboi
7) Deathgazer
7) Kman
....????? Both top two in both events are London people lol.

I got some of you Vs prof, I think a match and a half, then I ran out of memory on my card. But someone else (Sorry idk your name) was recording it too, and I think they got it all.
The guy who recorded everything was Bishkin, I might speak to him later about potentially uploaded the matches as I wanna see my comeback.

Yes ****ing London

Fuzzy And Kira Holding That **** Down *****aaaaa

London Is Back On Top Yehhhhhhh Boyyyyyyyyy

we are the ****ing master race.
I agree lol.

Highlights

- Tamoo beats Chrisboi 2-0 and knocks him out the tournament. He rests him in some gay way at the end of both games and Chrisboi CONTINOUSLY johns im my ear after it saying he has no exp against jiggs and john this john that but I just agreed cos i'm a nice person and wanted to shut him up but it was **** anyway

- VA beats Chrisboi 2-1 losers brackets and VA counterpicks Poke Floats and Chrisboi ridiculously spams like 4 F smash and for some reaosn they are actually working but VA wins

- VA beats Frostbyte 3-1 in loser semis or brackets and it was **** cos frostbyte was playing like a waste

- Fuzzyness has come to the understanding that he can't big me with his CF so had decided to cop out and go jiggs. Apprently his jiggs and falco ain't his main but me and TC we're saying to him that they are cos he brings them out when he feels pressured, that is practically your main.

-Professor Pro ALMOST LOSES 3-0 to VANITY ANGEL. In the winners bracket I beat VA's fox 2-0, first match 2 stock second match 1 stock I think.
Then when I got sent to the losers by missing the easiest shine spike against Fuzzyness. VA went ALL peach this time due to the last matches and was 2-0 up and had 2 stocks and a lower percentage them me on battlefield while I was on 1 STOCK!!! He literally was going to win, but then I looked into my TC's eyes and my crew members and realized I AM OOC then I won the match, then he took me Brinstar and I won, and then he took me FoD and I won.
They were really close matches though, too intense for my liking lol.
Was really good playing you VA.

I can't wait to see the vids, BISHKIN!!! lol
UPLOADED THEM.

Except for Grand Finals. :)

Bishkin

Smash Apprentice
easssssssy, first of all thanks fuzzy for hosting this event, I had a fun time losing to pretty much everyone I played! How else does one learn....

I got some vids on the upload now, they're gonna take a while so I'll leave them overnight. The matches I got (please correct any mistakes) were:

Tamoo vs VA (losers semi)
Prof vs VA (losers final)
Prof vs Fuzzy (grand final)

I was recording the winners final but my phone randomly failed half way through and didn't save it :(

Respect to everyone I played, I'm terrible at remembering names. Cheers in particular to the fox player (glasses, awsome tech chasing + chain grabbing) who pinpointed some of my areas I need to improve.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Winners Finals, isn't that important anyway, you got all the matches people care about lol.
Make sure you upload the Me vs VA one cos thats the one which is most interesting, I just wanna see my comeback lol.

THANKS ALOT for that btw, you practically saved the event by recording it.

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
(glasses, awsome tech chasing + chain grabbing) .
think thats L-J. lol

yer was very good today, got a fair amount of friendlies so pretty happy.
and i didnt expect to get joint 7th, think i just got lucky with people i played and most of the tournament matches were against Foxes and falcos and im alright with that match-up. il go my shououts tomorw.

thanks to Fuzzy for organising this

The Last Dragon

Smash Apprentice
Raaaaaape!!!!!! Yes Well Done Everyone. Prof, Why Were You Fighting For Ur Life? U Better Not Of Used My Tag U While Losing Coz Thats Not What Im About *****!! Wheres The Lust And Dash? They Ain't In Top Seven!!! I Shud Of Went Ooc Training... Im So Soooory Guys :( I Accidentely Trained Tamoo And Deathgazer And Made Them Come Higher Due To Playing Me Looooool. Upload Those Matchessssssssss! Super Ooc Baby!!!!!

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
Shoutouts:

Unreal:
Sorry about 4stocking you on both matches lol dont worry though, I still get 4 stocked by Prof. you have improved alot recently and your shield pressuring is coming on. just try not to tech roll in a predictable way and dont always stick to the same patterns when reacting to something. Like everytime I Dthrow you, you would always roll to the open space and i would follow it up with a dsmash lol, learn to spot tech or use the rising attack here and there. and when you KO someone, try not to leave yourself open by showing off tech skills as much; go onto a platform and lightshield or try to run away from the opponent.

JJL:
we had some pretty close matches but I think i got a lucky win. watch out for bairs/nairs out of shields. looking forward to having more fox/falco matches.

Kira
your falco is pretty sweet and you shouldve stayed as falco for the second match, whereabouts in london do you live?

VA
no suprises i lost to you lol. was really impressed with the shine => bair on the ground or whatever it was with your fox.

Kman
we had a good session practicing tech skills lol your falcos coming on quite well so keep practicing those tech skills!.

Synapse
your shield pressuring is really good and i was stuck in my shield for most of it lol. Learn to shine grab after pressuring a bit so it adds even more pressure on the other person lol.

Tamoo
didnt get to play you today but we had quite alot of matches at J3lys

The Lust
your tech chasing is really good, but apply more pressure by keeping close and dont leave open spaces for falcos or they will laser the **** out of you lol. like everytime i lasered you, you just got approached lasered into nairs/dairs or sheilded for me to approach and grab lol. I found it hard to read you/ tech chase you after smashes or Dthrows. lol

Dash
YOUR NANA DOES ALL THE WORK loool. dont always rely on Ice climbers, you should train your falco aswel.

J3ly
PokeFloats FTW lol. losing to you was actually my mindgame, so i wouldnt have to play Fuzzy and Kman afterwards haha. lol jokes. yer i really do have to look out for your: grabs, nair/ bair OOS, fsmash and cape lols.

Prof
Sorry for making you go Falco but i would have deinately lost against your fox lol. congrats for 2nd place

KING
interesting falco playing style, only had one game with you which was a shame.

Dave/Soha/Beast/Dacacia/Bishkin
Nice seeing/meeting you guys

Thanks to everyone that went there, I had a really good time lol

oooh yer one more thing: sorry to all those fox players that I chain Bthrowed like 20 times haha

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
lol step it up east mid. I went expo and won their brawl tourney n 32 pounds. So im not bothered about missin this.

Top Bottom