• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Tamoo

Smash Master
Good **** prof

Oh and another thing, people should bring those scart to av socket things, dunno what they are called, but that thing that allows you to plug those three coloured cables into the scart socket. All wiis come with one so no excuses for many there, i think i got two.

/technology noob

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
Tamoo you only played 4 different people at the last bracket? I played 5 and only ended up 9th =¬_¬;= I swear everyone else got byes and I had to fight my way much further. Bring back pools to even that out!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I just watched the match of Tamoo vs Chrisboi.

Tamoo you seriously need to start resting. I saw two BIG opportunties where you could of and Charles was shouting in the background.
When a mart countered right next to you and you were in your sheild, and another opportunity when the marth did a move right next to you and was lagging and all you needed to do is jump and rest.

Seriously you need to start taking these opportunities and be more daring.
Also I think you should be creating these opportunties cos not only do you not take advantage when you get the chance you dont really create them either. I dont mean upthrow rest by creating one btw lol

Tamoo

Smash Master
I knooow man, those two opportunities were ridiculous, I watch back regularly on horror. I stepped it up on battlefield, I was losing horribly on last stock and got a surprise nair rest on him to take the game

And yup, I got one bye, you, Unreal, chrisboi, fuzzy, then chrisboi again, so 5 matches, four different ppl.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Yeah I think it's about time we brought back pools.

Its the way normal tournament are done anyway and it constructs the brackets how they should be bcos it dependant on your placement in the pools and if people have certain opinions of where people are in the community and they arent in that place it could affect the tournament if we did brackets straight away.

So we might aswell do pools just to make things as fair as possible and also let the new people get more games in.

Plus it also drives people to atleast say they placed somewhere in the tournament and got out of pools so dont forget the physicological impact of pools.

chris H

Smash Journeyman
I knooow man, those two opportunities were ridiculous, I watch back regularly on horror. I stepped it up on battlefield, I was losing horribly on last stock and got a surprise nair rest on him to take the game

And yup, I got one bye, you, Unreal, chrisboi, fuzzy, then chrisboi again, so 5 matches, four different ppl.

It was on DL 64 not BF

rustediron

Smash Lord
some questions dont need answers simply put dont doubt the cpt. kimmelman *Would be nice to have doubles for oncestill a shock about the TVs tho wtf 17-20*tamoo MMJJ MMBBill MMFrugs MMFrostbyteMMkman MMKman bros MMprof MMFuzzynessMMVA MMjo3MMi would like to friendly/MM these people - remember to ask me if i forget
The hell am I doing in the MM list? :confused:
Friendly, and teach me some Marth stuff!

LMAO. Who told you?

Tamoo

Smash Master
Nah im pretty sure it was first match of second set, we were just talking about battlefield before the match, and battlefield came up and we kinda smiled at eachother. You wouldnt have died off the side from a rest on 20 on dreamland, regardless of DI lol.
I didnt win on DL64 so it couldnt of been that, except for the very first match, which i didnt do much in, never mind rest lol.

What do you mean hugo?

Tamoo

Smash Master
Tbh, i really dont see why it matters lool

If you say so i guess, dont really care hehe,

still, how the **** did you die that on 25% off the side from the middle of DL??
Thats awful di

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
Lol pools sounds good to me. Generally the more matches people get the better it is and the happier everyone is lol

I will bring my setup the only reason i didn't bring it last time is becuase at the Aug 29th monthly someone stole my memory card.

Pricks >_> lol

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
if anyone lives in north london id appriciate it if i could play some melee games with them asap <_< might enter the melee tourney as well just to see how i match up loool thats if my new disc gets here soon tho...

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
Where abouts in North London you from?

Im from central in the victoria area and i really need someone to play with aswell lol

I added you on msn btw

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
lol well im guessing thats like in the middle of the tube map... my nearest tube station is arnos grov/wood green on the picadilly line. if you want a challenge i suggest contacting jjlinyard, he lives north west( rayners lane on picadilly line) which is like the other side of the tube map lol

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
Lol my nearest is like Victoria/Green park.

You're only like 9/10 stops away which isn't far at all.

jjlinyard is like 14 stops away lol >_>

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
So you lost in your 5th set and get 3rd, I lose in my 5th set and get 9th. Seems... fair? Definitely go back to pools :p (This isn't actually a *****y post, just saying)

And yeah, once you become more confident with rest your jiggz will be terrifying. I'll win one of our sets in the future, just wait :)

C.R.Z

Smash Lord

lol yeah jjlinyard is far!! away, takes me about 1hr 45min O_O
thats kl your close ish, the only prob is we hav no where to play down here :(

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
Lol why did your GC break or something? lol

We can play at mine sometime but its up to you if you wanna travel here.

Or i could come to you a bring a setup....

Tamoo

Smash Master
Dacacia: You seem to misunderstand the bracket system, because chrisboi lost to me in winners, he needed to play an extra match over me to get to losers final. If you go to losers quickly, your bound to have to play more matches, its how it is.

And your always quite close to me, taking games and **** so just keep up the improvement man

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Enfield? My Uncle lives their and I'll be coming down to Enfield to stay at his place on the 23rd-25th. Maybe we could play? =]

jjlinyard

Smash Ace

lol yeah jjlinyard is far!! away, takes me about 1hr 45min O_O
thats kl your close ish, the only prob is we hav no where to play down here :(
you guys ust be taking some long *** route to get here, i suggest if you ever plan on coming to play us stay away from piccadily and get your *** on the metro asap lol makes it soooooo much quicker :)

Yeah I think it's about time we brought back pools.

Its the way normal tournament are done anyway and it constructs the brackets how they should be bcos it dependant on your placement in the pools and if people have certain opinions of where people are in the community and they arent in that place it could affect the tournament if we did brackets straight away.

So we might aswell do pools just to make things as fair as possible and also let the new people get more games in.

Plus it also drives people to atleast say they placed somewhere in the tournament and got out of pools so dont forget the physicological impact of pools.
its the way normal tournaments are done when the tunrout exceeds a straight bracket format (usually 32)
also the need for opinoins can become useless in tio bracket seeding if data is used from other tournaments, seriously the programme its genius does everything for you!!!

but yeah i suggest if the turnout is 32+ do pools as this eliminates byes and other gay ****!

king_NDj247

Smash Ace
remember jjl im comin 2 this 1 hopefully if i sort out my train tickets this week n u knw how it goes wit my link vs fox although im out of practise :p

anyway this shld b gd hvent seen u guys in ages n yes i was miss it n u guys anyway shld c u guys soon

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
he's right tamoo, I remember me and hugo were talking at the end of the match about how bad chris di'd that rest to die early on DL64 lol

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
ok unreal we shall see if we can arange somthing soon, and dizard you should come along since you live so close :p
willz we should meet up then for a few games XD

jjlinyard: yeah i no i just clocked the other day loool weve bin taking a long *** route for no reason

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Chosen new melee stage rules

First game is random, so make sure the random stages are correct!

Brawl Specific notes: [LRB6]

Stage Rulings

Random/Neutral Stages

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counterpick Stages:

Castle Siege
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

All Random and Neutrals can also be picked, but Counterpick Final Destination is godtier. All stages not listed are BANNED
Melee Specific notes: [LRB7]

Quote:
Stage Rulings:

Random/Neutral Stages

Pokemon Stadium
Final Destination
Dreamland 64

Counterpick Stages:

Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi's Story
Battlefield
Kongo Jungle N64
Brinstar
Mute City
Green Greens
Corneria
Rainbow Ride
Poke Floats

All Random stages can be used as counterpick as well
Everything else is BANNED

HURRICANE REV

Smash Ace
Hey, i'm up for afew games whenever :) i'm up in Enfield closest overground is Brimsdown and underground tottenhamhale
I would be happy to play some games with you. I live in walthamstow. It takes me an hour to get to enfield. What games do you play?

King: it would be really good to to see you again at next smash monthlies. :)

king_NDj247

Smash Ace
i swear u never get out 2 these things hurricane coz ive never seen u turn up 2 an event except 4 that 1 smashfest at mine not meaning 2 sd offencive but yea man wld b gd 2 c u u stop playin melee all 2gether n just focusin on the brawl on u still tryin play both?

HURRICANE REV

Smash Ace
i swear u never get out 2 these things hurricane coz ive never seen u turn up 2 an event except 4 that 1 smashfest at mine not meaning 2 sd offencive but yea man wld b gd 2 c u u stop playin melee all 2gether n just focusin on the brawl on u still tryin play both?
Before, i was really busy because i had exams to do. So, I could not go to any smashfest. But now, I can go to some smashfest. Right now, I am trying to get good at Brawl again because I have lost some of my techniques. :laugh:

j3ly

Smash Champion
unreal - there is a player, Alpha Dash on this site - he trains with prof i think, lives just next to the station.. ive been trying to remember what its called for a while.. durwood? durham, not durrham, oh well ask fuzz. really annoyin me, anyway he lives real close to you and theres no barrier at his stop.. seems like a real nice guy drop him a pm

j3ly

Smash Champion
I think for pools, you should have groups of 8 or more, best out of 3 and have 2 setups to each group so we could get through it quicker. Then after that itl pretty much be straight forward. or would the pools take too long?
while SO unfortunatly unpractical, i wish it was done like this too - would reduce the chance of being fluked by a lesser player due to nerves

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Chosen new melee stage rules

First game is random, so make sure the random stages are correct!
Finall you changed them and made them how they are suppposed to be.

ANOTHER IMPORTANT WARNING - This one actually pisses me off. If someone bans a stage that is on random, DONT TAKE IT OFF OF RANDOM. If the stage comes up just exit it. I saw people doing this and they said they would change it back but when I went on the cube after they forgot to put it back on random.

SERIOUSLY JUST PRESS L+R+A+Start and dont turn off the stage on random!!!

I'm looking forward to this anyway, mainly cos im guaranteed to win it :).

OUT OF LONDON PEOPLE - Im curious who is coming from outside of London for this, brawl and melee. no matter what level you are I still want to know.
So can you say if you're coming to this.
Esp. AmcD, VA and Jo3.

Top Bottom