• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
It isn't a big thing to yourself because your expected to pass pools. In any sense of fairness for other players surely you are intelligent enough to see how it would lead to given cerain players unfavourable advantage?

Pools are there to ensure that the best players get into the bracket. Therefore, absolute fairness is key.

Im not indicating that you are using the matches to warm up for brackets. Im saying that for e.g. you have player 1,2,3,4,5 in a pool. Player 1 sits on one system and plays players 2,3,4 in a row. Player 5 then sits down. Player 5 may or may not have played a match depending on how many systems per pool. It is obvious from this eample one player is better prepared for their match.

In your reply you stated that brackets were restricted in time due to people walking about. If you start the tournament by designating a pool runner per pool then you shouldn't have this issue. I never have. You simply tell people to play their matches and you ensure its done in a fair order. You tell them that your running the pool and not to wander off. Its the tone you use.

However, your loud on the boards and a shy bairn in person so I understand why people walking of is an issue *embarassing face*

;)
loool Who's shy in person. You've seen me once where I barely spoketo you cos you weren't where I was in the room mostly yet you seem to think I am some quiet person and shy who never say anything lol. If you know me then you wouldn't defintely know I am not shy or quiet but nice attempt on your comment. If you see below my sig I am handing out effort points for people trying to become the best fox but in this case I can hand some out to you.

But anyway back to what you were saying i'm still gonna play all my games straight. I know you are 'Mr Tournament Man' and you run loads of stuff but I don't care and I will still play all my games first lol and whoever wants to do it iswell is open to do it the pool which I am in.
And I am sure most people aren't too bothered about the whole advantge and if the are they can do it the normal way which is what i said in the beggining.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lool Theres nothing to lose or win. I'm still gonna go to the event and do things my way. He put in his opinion and I read it he tried to turn it into somethingelse personal to hurt my feelings for whatever reason lol but it didnt really work cos I know myself and I know he don't know me from the one time he saw me and didn't speak to me lol.
I can still give him the effort points though. I say about 15 points which is pretty good as some people are still on like 7.

king_NDj247

Smash Ace
Bare ppl r coming 2 this =] This tournament has a huge impact on the community ppl frm all around the country r comming 2 this didn't knw that London had such a huge influence.

Btw ppl in my group sorry if I deliver 2 much **** but I'm aiming 4 top 8 so... Prof, Fuzz n chrisboi I'm gonna ring u when my exams r done so I can visit u guys n get sum training =]

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Bare ppl r coming 2 this =] This tournament has a huge impact on the community ppl frm all around the country r comming 2 this didn't knw that London had such a huge influence.

Btw ppl in my group sorry if I deliver 2 much **** but I'm aiming 4 top 8 so... Prof, Fuzz n chrisboi I'm gonna ring u when my exams r done so I can visit u guys n get sum training =]
Yeah the event practically has a tournament amount of attendance and I think nearly everyone who attended last time will be attneding this one and more.

lol Yeah you prob will be given that unique type of **** and making a new sexy definition for it when I play you. I don't mind playing with you a bit for the training.
We can go to the stupidly cheap chicken place. Black person heaven imo lol.
Your house has everything too local lol.

king_NDj247

Smash Ace
That's y I like My house =]. 3 chicken shops. PMS shld b there hopefully coz he finished uni last week. Hopefully my links gotten better last time u knw it was semi dwn 2 the pad n r that makes u jump instead of shieldin lol. Every1s welcome max 5 no setups required got 2 n shld b able 2 get other non LCD tv. This will probably b week of 22nd June.

I'll give directions nearer the time.

(4 those of u who r confused I hve 2 houses mums n dads. Mums is in London walthamstow, dads in hatfield both fairly easy 2 get 2 but mainly host at mums)

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
That's y I like My house =]. 3 chicken shops. PMS shld b there hopefully coz he finished uni last week. Hopefully my links gotten better last time u knw it was semi dwn 2 the pad n r that makes u jump instead of shieldin lol. Every1s welcome max 5 no setups required got 2 n shld b able 2 get other non LCD tv. This will probably b week of 22nd June.

I'll give directions nearer the time.

(4 those of u who r confused I hve 2 houses mums n dads. Mums is in London walthamstow, dads in hatfield both fairly easy 2 get 2 but mainly host at mums)
hey are you going to be in Hatfield alot after your exams or are mainly in London?

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
God theres gonna be alotta ppl then, OK i'll see if i have some spare change, its abit gay cuz theres Willz fest the 13th, then Manchester the 21st, then this the 27th.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Well this will prob be the biggest event in terms of attendance but it's your choice really. If you do come down here you would be playing new people though so keep that in mind lol.

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
Willz do you go to uni/ which uni do you go to?
because hopefully I'll get in Loughborough uni in sept/oct to study mechanical engineering and il probably attend events in leicestershire.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Who are you responding to Trio3 lol?

Your last two posts seemed like you were responding to someone and i was confused when I read them lol.

Edit: Don't worry lol.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
OK i'll quote in future, u seem to like 'lol' dont you pro, at the end of every one of those sentences youve put lol, this must be a habbit.

Tamoo

Smash Master
About the whole people walking away from their pool thing u were mentioning prof, there shouldnt be a problem as long as we don't play the brawl pools and melee pools simultaneously. Last time, i found myself walking between two different TVs confused about which one to play on next. The only problem with this is that we'll have to change the setups halfway through to switch between brawl and melee :s

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
OK i'll quote in future, u seem to like 'lol' dont you pro, at the end of every one of those sentences youve put lol, this must be a habbit.
I laugh alot and find things humourous lol.
Am I banned from that :(?

About the whole people walking away from their pool thing u were mentioning prof, there shouldnt be a problem as long as we don't play the brawl pools and melee pools simultaneously. Last time, i found myself walking between two different TVs confused about which one to play on next. The only problem with this is that we'll have to change the setups halfway through to switch between brawl and melee :s
Yeah you did it which is good. Not everyone did lol.
I still wanna get my games out the way so I can help out around the ranbat. Thats what I did last time and I actually helped out quite a bit with peoples game and I don't think the tournament would have been completed without it cos we were REALLY behind.
We will see how it goes there anyway.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
I'm the smexiest 15 year old on here yerrrr.

And you seem to have a sexy Falco Death. I wanna play you so I can 4stock you.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
think I might actually be comig to this?!?!?! London is ridiculous I mean the amount of players in Lonon and the amount of players in the UK- there must be something like 80% of smashers live in London or something.

I'll get the rest of my guys to post up or w/e as I can't remember if they said they can or can't come

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Deathgazer whats your youtube account again?

Bullet Bill: lool Yeah I know the majortiy is London people. You will prob see smashers that are good that you have never even seen or heard of down hear lol.
YOU BETTER COME ISWELL! It will be good fun if you do lol.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Yeah his falco is really technical even thouh he isn't that smart cos he hasn't played anyone to know any different. But he will be trained up lol.
I am a perfect example of tech skill combined with smartness, even though I do do the odd really dumb thing but it's mostly done on purpose lol.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
what type of technical are we talking? i know a few techy falcos but all in different waysss
He is technical in a way that he is good at putting pressure on people with the speed of his falco with lasers and the usual dumb falco pressure stuff but he is really fast. I didn't get to see how his platform work with falco is though and he is pretty fast and consistent with his Shine Bairs (even though we all know shine bairs are easy he does do them pretty fast lol) but he is very inconsistent in punishing people for their mistakes and actually creating mistakes since he is too used to beasting random people with pressure. He also makes a WHOLE lot of mistakes lol.
But I would prob say that he has the fastest falco in the UK atm but he defintely isn't one of the best falcos yet, he is prob on Daves Gays level if you have any level what they are on lol.
But he could become one of the best if someone was to show him his mistakes and stuff.
We need to get a match of him record so we don't have to describe to people what he is like lol. And I will play him since we are both tech but there will be a difference in smartness lol.:bee:

Top Bottom