• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Tamoo

Smash Master
lol it was intentinal LJ, and my fox days are over ever since i learnt to shdl and actually got worse with fox :confused:. And this isnt marth being a secondary, im maining marth now, jiggs is just too limited and my fox, marth, doc and falco have all been more successful in friendlies with my friends than my jiggs,

And **** ur link is too good, i need revenge for the last time we played way back at yates, i was a total scrub back then, dont expect an easy win this time :)

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
So you've given up on jiggz and are maining Marth, just like everyone else in the world. Good work.

Also, Calum and I are now seriously considering Lyon - should be booking plane tickets tomorrow, so it's even more gutting that we can't make it to this to practice. *sigh*

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
goood news tamoo then, no more stupid *** resting :) and i like playing marth's soo the next time we play watch yourself (I WANT REVENGE >.>)

auroreon

Smash Ace
So much character diversity in Melee...
Out of curiosity, does anyone here (besides king, your awesome) actually use a character in serious competetive play that isn't Fox, Falco, Marth, Falcon, Shiek, Jiggz, Peach or Ganon? I don't mean in friendlys I mean in actual matches.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Oh OK.

BTW your signature is highly debatable if not arguable at best. ;)
DEBATABLE LOOOL!!!
Who are you and have you been in the scene to know my fox ability.

Mr Pro- you've probably forgotten but we were gonna have a mm for 20p fox ditto best of 3 stadium only. You still up for that?

lol Yeah I remember that but I don't remember the stadium only bit lol. But I am up for that though.

Pros got a pretty solid fox :laugh:
Yeah it is amazingly solid but it's mostly to do withmy amazing name lol.

(btw seriously don't play marth as a secondary play FOX the best character Pro back me up here plz k thanx lol)
loool Yeah he is defo the best character in the game. He can destry every character in the game without a doubt.

so much marths :(
But one marth destroyer (me lol)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Out of curiosity, does anyone here (besides king, your awesome) actually use a character in serious competetive play that isn't Fox, Falco, Marth, Falcon, Shiek, Jiggz, Peach or Ganon? I don't mean in friendlys I mean in actual matches.
Theres a few ICs players and samus, docs, yoshi and young link.
Quite alot of players.

VA

Smash Hero
Owna mains Yoshi, Coey mains Luigi, Frostbyte used to beat me with Pikachu in tournament.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Which means no1 can talk about melee not having a diverse rooster in tournament play. Of course alot of people play the top people but thats what you do when you want the advantage and I actually have more fun playing as fox. It's nothing to do with his brokeness even though he isn't broken lol.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
lol melee and brawl have like 25- 30 something characters, diversity isn't a problem. although tto be fair, there aren't many non-high tier players.

Pro- I like Pokemon stadium XD

xatm092

Smash Apprentice
Lol. My Doc is full of dash attacks and grabs. Probably why I suck with him xD

But anyway I'm really there for Brawl, but I don't mind wasting a bit of money on Melee since it's enjoyable to see people squirm to deal with really gay Peach tactics.

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
I can use mario, and maybe mewtwo properly but i dont really use them that much cos i stand more chance with my mains (falco.)

auroreon

Smash Ace
I actually don't like low tier tournaments, despite being a low tier main... It feels like competing in the special olympics.
I don't mean to cause any offence to anyone with a disability.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Ive been watching you from within the shadows... Mr Pro...
loool So how come you didn't say anything since you been around since March lol.
Are you coming to any event soonish so you can play my fox to compete with your 'challenging for the best fox in the UK' Fox lol?

Prof's mindset is like scrubs come and go like stocks vs edwin
loool What are you talking about with the come an go like stocks vs Edwin. I ***** Edwin, he doesn't even want the evidence to be visally shown to the public (Youtube lol)

I found Ross
LOOOOOOOOOOOOL WHYYYY???? WHAT IS THE POINT???? YOU'RE SUCH A PRICK!!!!
I was laughing soooo hard when I saw this on here looool.

I can use mario, and maybe mewtwo properly but i dont really use them that much cos i stand more chance with my mains (falco.)
lool Yeah but you would never use them in tournament which was what he was asking basically lol.

Tamoo

Smash Master
If the next tournament is best of 3 matches, ill probs chuck zelda into the first of all my matches

cos im gay like that

beating ppl with lower tiers is where i get my kicks lol

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
It's fun beating people when your a high tier and they are a low tier. I get a kick out of it. It's fun beating people with a high tier when they are a high tier. I get a kick out of it.
It's fun beating people with my fox. I get a kick out of it.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Well thats with most things in life whether it's tennis, football, basketball or anything.
But it's the individuals choice if he wants to progress enough to become part of the top 8 or even be on top.

Gadokan

Smash Cadet
Kinda new to Smash Boards, long time reader, first time poster, I want to join this tournament, not sure if its just anyone can enter, need some special status etc, only tourny-like environment I ever been to was the MCM Expo so kinda of a noob in the whole social aspect :[

So I just say I wish to come and just bring whatever it is I need to bring?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Kinda new to Smash Boards, long time reader, first time poster, I want to join this tournament, not sure if its just anyone can enter, need some special status etc, only tourny-like environment I ever been to was the MCM Expo so kinda of a noob in the whole social aspect :[

So I just say I wish to come and just bring whatever it is I need to bring?
Hi and welcome to smashboards.
ANYONE can come to this tournament. You can even bring a friend if you want to and he doesn't have to fully clarify on smashboards that he is coming. We just ask you to tell us who you bring so it makes the outcome of the tournament more predictable so we know how much people we are going to handle.
You don't have to bring anything except for your own controller which is quite important. If it comes down to it and you don't get one i'm sure some random person will just give you one. If you can it would be helpful to bring a cube/wii but it is your first time coming if you do so we undersand if you don't.

What game are you here to play anyway, there is alot of people in both melee and brawl so you will be happy anywhere you go and you can play in both if you choose to.

If you have any other questions whether they are minor or major don't be afraid to ask.

Kasper!

Smash Lord
Hi and welcome to smashboards.
ANYONE can come to this tournament. You can even bring a friend if you want to and he doesn't have to fully clarify on smashboards that he is coming. We just ask you to tell us who you bring so it makes the outcome of the tournament more predictable so we know how much people we are going to handle.
You don't have to bring anything except for your own controller which is quite important. If it comes down to it and you don't get one i'm sure some random person will just give you one. If you can it would be helpful to bring a cube/wii but it is your first time coming if you do so we undersand if you don't.

What game are you here to play anyway, there is alot of people in both melee and brawl so you will be happy anywhere you go and you can play in both if you choose to.

If you have any other questions whether they are minor or major don't be afraid to ask.
and also look on the first posts on the tounament threads you are looking to attend fo rules etc

AND ALSO BRING MONEY FOR THE TOURNAMENT FEE!!!!

Top Bottom