• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Gadokan

Smash Cadet
Thanks for replying, yeah should be no problem bringing my own pad, I know how sometimes some could break etc, I want to participate in the Brawl tournament, I might bring a friend, but I won't know for sure, have to update you on that, for now just me :3

Tamoo

Smash Master
You can even bring a friend if you want to and he doesn't have to fully clarify on smashboards that he is coming.
Not strictly true, remember there are signups this time and for the tournament to run smoothly, make sure you come back to the thread in june to make sure we get you down for the tournament

otherwise, nice post prof :laugh:

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
King: Thanks baby that was really touching lol

This is in less then a month. Lets get the hype lol.
I am going to place first at this one and I am defo winning money no matter what.
And it's prob gonna be nice KFC money cos I am black lol.

ANY PEOPLE OUTSIDE OF LONDON COMING TO THIS. WITH THE ATTENDANCE IT IS PRACTICALLY A TOURNAMENT SO WHO'S INTERSTED AND WHO'S THINKING ABOUT COMING!!!!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Isit likely you will?
Last time it had an attendance of around 40/50 people so it was practically a tournament and this time we're playing for a small amount of money so it would be good if you did come.

Almas

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'll be coming unless something unforeseen happens. It'll be interesting navigating the city, though.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
haha I'll try and get passed the pools next time LOL
You better make it through pools this time lol.
I dunno what happened last time through your pools but it better not happen again lol.

Yeah, I'll be coming unless something unforeseen happens. It'll be interesting navigating the city, though.
What about are you from?
It would be good for you to come and just get a travel card (takes you everywhere on he buses and trains in london) which will be about £2 if you look under 15 lol and £7 if you dont I THINK. It's pretty easy to go through london with that and a underground map but have someones number just incase of something.
Whats the likeliness of you coming?

falco players think alike ;)
And they all die alike with a nice shine spike.

Read This Please!

When we are doing pools it would be ideal for one person to stay on and get most of there games out the way first. Preferably top seeds get there games out the way FIRST so they can help around after with other people.
This is because we do not want to run overtime like last time by people going off and getting a new set of people on every match so in my pool I will face everyone first and then make sure everyone is getting there games done.
We understand some people don't want to play all of their games as soon as you come on which is understandable but if you don't mind then do it to help out the tourn please.

Tamoo

Smash Master
I think the argument against this system last time was that whoever had their matches all in a row had the distinct advantage of always being warmed up for their match. I personally prefer one person getting their matches out the way but i know of people who dislike it. Also, as long as we do small pools and get all the brawl pool matches out the way and then all the melee pool matches done, it should go much quicker. Also preregistration should mean this tournament runs much smoother

Almas

Smash Lord
I'm from Peterborough - it's like an hour on the train away.

I can't really be certain at the moment what the chance of me coming is. It's definitely my main plan to attend for the moment, but it's also around the time where my friends will be doing something every weekend (the end of school, in months leading up to university = lots of free time).

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I think the argument against this system last time was that whoever had their matches all in a row had the distinct advantage of always being warmed up for their match. I personally prefer one person getting their matches out the way but i know of people who dislike it. Also, as long as we do small pools and get all the brawl pool matches out the way and then all the melee pool matches done, it should go much quicker. Also preregistration should mean this tournament runs much smoother
Well like I said if people don't mind doing it the 'stay on for all your games' way then those peole who don't mind can do it and those who do mind don't do it lol.
As long as the games get done quick and if someone doesn't wanna stay on then the people who are playing next better be standing next to the cube in preparation to play, cos i'm gonna get annoyed if I call people and they are doing something they shouldn't be doing like last time.
If it gets to a point where we can't progress pass pools then there matches will be counted as losses.

Yes but the same applies to fox players (or any char).

The real question is what if a fox main says that to you lool
lol Then i'm going to say something like 'I AM PROFESSOR PRO AND I WILL GO PROFESSOR PRO ON YOU' since no1 can beat that no1 can say anything.

PinkishBruno

Smash Rookie
If your idea of 'interesting' is getting stabbed day in and out, be my guest.

Jokes, it's a nice place really. Too bad everything is so darn expensive. You might wanna bring a surgical face mask though.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Can some1 Link me to a site for coaches, i dont wanna go by train as it costs like £60, i can get a coach from sheffield but i want some more info if im gonna come to this and prove myself of best MELEE player of uk. NO JOKES lol.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
If your idea of 'interesting' is getting stabbed day in and out, be my guest.

Jokes, it's a nice place really. Too bad everything is so darn expensive. You might wanna bring a surgical face mask though.
lool Central London ain't like that it's only South and North and East and even it ain't that bad lol.
News makes it sound worse then it is lol.

Trio3: loool Are you from EM and how do you do against Yeniths in melee lol?
Fuzzyness knows good websites for coaches, I am really bad with that kinda stuff so just wait for him to reposnd and if he takes to long ask him directly.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Can some1 Link me to a site for coaches, i dont wanna go by train as it costs like £60, i can get a coach from sheffield but i want some more info if im gonna come to this and prove myself of best MELEE player of uk. NO JOKES lol.
just type either megabus or national express into google, find which one of them two are cheaper

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
OK i will do, and im from NW not EM, i quit EM cuz they had a sucky player called willz, and he was an embaressment to the Crew, and also Calzorz, hes always getting last at tourneys and im getting fed up of him losing.

Edit: what date is it Pro?

Kone

Smash Master
You should never allow one player to sit on a system in pools and play their matches in a row. It gives them a glaring distinct advantage in terms of being warmed up and relaxing them for their next match. Takes a way part of the pressure of pool matches. Furthermore, its even worse allowing the seeds to do this. Even though it is normally perceived they will win their matches thus getting theirs 'out of the way' seems a good idea it pretty much puts the scales even further in their balance. They will usually be more experienced in terms of playing the game competitively/in tournaments.

Just ensure you have one person in charge of each pool that can raise their voice and knows what their doing. It really aint hard to tell your pool players that they aint going no where till there done :/

www.nationalexpress.com
www.megabus.com

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Edit: what date is it Pro?
It says on the the title of the thread lool. But it is June 27th.

You should never allow one player to sit on a system in pools and play their matches in a row. It gives them a glaring distinct advantage in terms of being warmed up and relaxing them for their next match. Takes a way part of the pressure of pool matches. Furthermore, its even worse allowing the seeds to do this. Even though it is normally perceived they will win their matches thus getting theirs 'out of the way' seems a good idea it pretty much puts the scales even further in their balance. They will usually be more experienced in terms of playing the game competitively/in tournaments.
lol It's just to get the games over and done with. Due to last time people walking about and taking long for their games the games in the brackets got reduce to best out of 1 instead of 3 because people were being long with who they were playing. It's not being used as a tactic for us too warm up or anything and I don't think it is a big thing. If people don't wanna do it they don't have to as I said earlier but I wanna get my games out the way so I can sort out everythingelse and hopefully other people do so we can get through pools quick enough.

Kone

Smash Master
It isn't a big thing to yourself because your expected to pass pools. In any sense of fairness for other players surely you are intelligent enough to see how it would lead to given cerain players unfavourable advantage?

Pools are there to ensure that the best players get into the bracket. Therefore, absolute fairness is key.

Im not indicating that you are using the matches to warm up for brackets. Im saying that for e.g. you have player 1,2,3,4,5 in a pool. Player 1 sits on one system and plays players 2,3,4 in a row. Player 5 then sits down. Player 5 may or may not have played a match depending on how many systems per pool. It is obvious from this eample one player is better prepared for their match.

In your reply you stated that brackets were restricted in time due to people walking about. If you start the tournament by designating a pool runner per pool then you shouldn't have this issue. I never have. You simply tell people to play their matches and you ensure its done in a fair order. You tell them that your running the pool and not to wander off. Its the tone you use.

However, your loud on the boards and a shy bairn in person so I understand why people walking of is an issue *embarassing face*

;)

Top Bottom