• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Bullet Bitch/Bill - I enjoyed playing you at Alpha Dash house and seeing you play fox....even though your Doc might do better atm, I think potential wise your fox is dramatically better and I think you should definitely look into pursuing that route which obviously you are.
I really appreciated your support during the GF's and it actually helped me relax the comments you were saying so thanks lol.
Hope you enjoyed the time you spent in the company of OoC, you know you have fun at our fests when all of us are there and our trashtalking lol

Zengar - I know you didn't come to the Monthly but I thought I should give you a shoutout anyway....really wanted to play you in singles but never got the chance to lol :(
Anyway you should definitely look into coming to Alpha Dash's house again as we occasionaly host little smashfests here and there so i'll send you a PM or ring you if anything is going on :)

Fuzzyness - Really had fun playing you this tournament and I am really impressed by the strength of your secondaries, all of them are nearly if not on par with your CF which is good to see, GGs and look forward to GT5 and you ****** shiz up at Genesis 2
I'm also happy that the outcome of us is really unexpecting, makes things a bit more interesting at events now.

Smakis/Smaykus - I enjoyed playing you a lot....sorry for playing so gay and not really offering a good solution to get around it lol, it's cos I kind of don't know a solid/reliable way to get around the gay stuff myself, I think it's you just have to outsmart me and take advantage of certain situations and read my approaches, not get pressured and don't get desperate to create situations since when you are limited in creating situations you tend to desperately attempt to create one but this sometimes puts you in a bad position, but those are the only things I can think of since the MU is not in your favour lol.

Unreal - I know you always get disheartned while playing me but it's ok lol...I think you just have to get used to playing me which is good cos you come to Thorton Heath occasionaly and obviously I can play you semi-frequently to help that.
But yeah it's not like I think you're **** which is what you prob think I think of you....I just think you need to work on your mental and consistency game because you do some **** stuff and give me a hard time here and there but it's not consistent enough and that just comes from time.

Alpha Dash - You prob won't see this anyway so i'll just say we're gonna **** in doubles at GT5 :)

JJlinyard - Goob job on beating me that game, was sorta gay lol but good to still know you're playing, time to step up the Arm Wrestling against Alpha Dash though and also playing against him lol, would be really good to play you more often or to see you come one of our OoC fest since you know you're always welcome and it would be sick to see you improve

J3ly - I rarely got to play you this event, in fact im not sure if I actually did get to play you, good job on making Bullet Bill rage though in bracket lol

Sorry if I missed out anyone, if I did it aint that much cos of the turnout lol.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
prof 1st
fuzz 2nd
smakis 3rd
jely 4th
swizzy 5th
bullet bill..5th/6th?
ALPHA DASH
doubles:

smakis + fuzz 1st
prof + alpha dash 2nd
swizzy + j3ly 3rd
clockmire + bullet bill 4th

something like that

it wasnt too serious, but we had a good finals.
correction i placed joint 5th with swizzy

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Of course he did, he doesn't really play anyonelse lol

What happened to you at this event anyway...I thought you were coming since I wanted you to reveal to the community how you've stepped up.

Also im looking forward to commentating DDiz vs GM Jack.

My money is currently on DDiz lol :)

ddiz

Smash Journeyman
my brother could use some tips on ganondorf.....he kinda looks up to swizzy even tho hes never played him

also im BROKE!! i think the next time i can come to london will be may(if theres a monthly then)....tho i aim to play GM jack before that.

@ leffen... :( :( :( :(

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
thanks prof lol, secondaries are fun anyway

tbh im not gonna worry as much with falcon in the US cause they wont know my style like you do, but if I do get ***** I always got my secondaries

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
my brother could use some tips on ganondorf.....he kinda looks up to swizzy even tho hes never played him
Just point him out to me next tourney and I'll definitely give him some pointers.
Always good to see more Ganons ; )

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
prof you coming beast II with us?

flights are £38 return right now :p

GT5 April 23rd? or in May? we can all go to blastzone.. lol >_>

Go Blastzone in April and GT5 in May? :s tho im not feeling travelling to norwich right now

smakis

Smash Ace
LOL

I like 3-0'd Smakis....like each match was 2/3 stock, he won't be winning against me anytime soon, but we still love Smaykus regardless :bee:

I'm gonna do my mini shoutouts in a bit.

2-2-1 stock :3

<3 you baby

edit: also expect either fuzzy or prof to die before the next event. 7th > 5th > 4th > 3rd > x, (or they will just lose, but them dying is more fun/interesting =D)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol srsly this hyping up random bad players is really pathetic.
LOL Why....it's just for interest and helps motivate lower people, hype can't always be reserved for the best players, and when there's trashtalk on the boards and rivalries are created it's funny regardless when you're watching it IRL and seeing it play out.

prof you coming beast II with us?

flights are £38 return right now :p

GT5 April 23rd? or in May? we can all go to blastzone.. lol >_>

Go Blastzone in April and GT5 in May? :s tho im not feeling travelling to norwich right now
LOL Well that sounds great but until I get my passport I can't really say yes to anything yet.
BTW I think you should do Gt5 in April....May is too soon :/

who's us? I'm up for beast 2.

BUT I QUIT.

but I still want to go
LOL At still riding with this quit gimmick, yes we know you have....now please comeback and get destroyed at GT5 or go forever :)

2-2-1 stock :3

<3 you baby

edit: also expect either fuzzy or prof to die before the next event. 7th > 5th > 4th > 3rd > x, (or they will just lose, but them dying is more fun/interesting =D)
One match I 3 stocked you....I can't remember which one is was but GG's anyway

And you and your theory of getting closer to the top lol....guarantee next event that pattern will cease since it's a National and you'll drop down in rank....not even stay the same, but drop......love you baby though <3

smakis

Smash Ace
don't be scared prof, everyone will die, some just sooner than later =)

I wonder what the life expectancy for dwarfs is?

Degree

Smash Apprentice
If GT5 is in April I'll definitely be there, if it's in May then I definitely won't.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Norfolk Charles it's in Norfolk :p

It's a shame if people don't go tho as people have made the effort to travel around everywhere in the past but usually its to somewhere more accessible like Birmingham etc.

So yeah maybe focusing the tournament on a single game like Brawl would be the way to go but it'd be a shame

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Bullet Bitch/Bill - I enjoyed playing you at Alpha Dash house and seeing you play fox....even though your Doc might do better atm, I think potential wise your fox is dramatically better and I think you should definitely look into pursuing that route which obviously you are.
I really appreciated your support during the GF's and it actually helped me relax the comments you were saying so thanks lol.
Hope you enjoyed the time you spent in the company of OoC, you know you have fun at our fests when all of us are there and our trashtalking lol

Sorry if I missed out anyone, if I did it aint that much cos of the turnout lol.

bwahahaha I wasn't really raging at j3ly, I was just getting wrecked pretty bad with falco and not enjoying it ;).

Also- no problem for the grand finals thing. I think I understood where you were mentally so I just reassured you so you could keep going to you got that win.

J3ly- I have to hand it to you, that was a very good falco indeed. It's really good to see players in the UK improving so hopefully you can keep going. I'll try and get some more games of my fox vs your falco next time for practice (as I wasn't too happy with how those matches went lol). Remember to keep going though. Beating Fuzzy/ Prof/ VA should be your next targets.

Fuzzy- I feel very bad for you at having lost that much money from the turnout. Though the melee turnout was bad, I have to agree with you that the brawl turnout was unbelieveable and very disappointing as so many of the London brawl players should have been able to make it. I really think next time you should charge more, maybe £6 as prof said, because this sort of thing really isn't fair on you considering how much you do for the community.

OOC- awesome crew :cool:. Was great playing all of you especially Ricardo. Alpha dash, your peach is looking good but like me, you need to not be tempted so much to switch to ICs. Also, when you play falco please stop chargihng those terrible fsmashes near the ledge. your too good to be doing stuff like that.

Smakis- what the hell? You were sooo rude to me. 'I'm gonna make you get fined for your child travel card' 'I'm not a crap player like ......... bullet bill' but it's all ok ofc. You following prof around and looming over him was really funny as well :awesome:.

Unreal- Don't get discouraged. By the looks of things your fox is improving loads but thats not enough. You have to make sure that that improvement wins you matches which is a much harder thing to learn. I'm sure you'll get there soon but don't forget about bad habbits and playing anti different playstyles. If you don't do these you can get beaten no matter how technical and good you are.

Tam- I tried to play fox as much as I can, but I did end up playing doc on a few occasions.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
cmon guys dont be like that all the trouble gp put into booking the venue and all sorts

its his first tourney srsly dont be like that

gt5 in may cmon lol

oh wow didnt know ben came to this xD

X1-12

Smash Champion
Yeah we should do GT5 in May imo, make the effort and now and we've got a new solid tourney host, or don't go and let it go back to fuzz being the only melee host ever

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Can you do your London coach to Norfolk business? or is it out of the question. I'll still be going and I hope others will to. Just to say Hi to Smudge if nothing else lol

both 7th and 14th of May are good for me :D

Tamoo

Smash Master
Yeah it would def be a shame if people didn't go to blastzone imo, we're always asking people to step up with hosting and then when they do, kind of discourage them from it.

Talking of which, has anyone found a way to thetford cheaper than £20 by coach? That's the lowest I can find national express doing it for anyway.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
well im looking at coaches they're like £16-20 return each :/

so im thinking the melee turnout wont be great for blastzone..like 10-20 max, is it even worth doing melee there?

I found a method by train..

07:30 London Liverpool Street [LST] Thetford [TTF] 10:12 2:42
£64 - 8 people = £8 each

23:30 Thetford [TTF] London Liverpool Street [LST] 06:05 6:35

£64 - 8 people = £8 each

COACHES RETURN JOURNEY

17th April 17:10 8 people coach = £60 = £7.50 each

18th April 05:40 8 people coach = £55 = £6.88 each

18th April 10:30 8 people coach = £56 = £7 each

18th April 14:05 8 people coach = £47 = £5.88 each

j3ly

Smash Champion
cmon guys dont be like that all the trouble gp put into booking the venue and all sorts

its his first tourney srsly dont be like that

gt5 in may cmon lol

oh wow didnt know ben came to this xD
im probably not going cos i dont like the host, but im still gnna re-post this once a day hoping the message gets through. you want more nationals, attend this one and make it a success.

oh yeh, one more thing..

this tournament i learned how to..

Double Shine consistently against a shield -> aerial -> double shine

j3ly

Smash Champion
i did this **** thing with shiek, i cant remember who against tho

stall -> reverse needle cancel -> fair
to edgeguard either falcon or shiek or somethin.. it was pretty **** tho

heheheehe

AC is aite!
I find it impossible to take him seriously in matches though. When it does eventually come to a tournament match i'll play properly, but i cant help but rush the **** out of someone when they spam a really punishable move

I think he has potential, big potential - potentially the most out of all the newbies but i also get this feeling he will never make it anywhere. Just my 2p on this AC character

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
Fuzzy beg you sort it out and ill ask my crew, but depends on costs cos like having a national so close like makes it awkward and pointless in a sense.....

but let me know how many you got interested and price and ill let you know I mean the experience will help with my 'stepping up' and all that shiz.

Oh yeah, way too lazy to do shoutouts to people but good **** everyone who turned up enjoyed all my games loads and need to get more games in with you people (you know who you are) hit me up for smashfests and ill do likewise.

Also that one brawl trooper who attended well done bro for making it I know you got a nice lil feel for melee with that little taste learn how to l-cancel and wavedash and I bet you love it even more.

Top Bottom