• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
There is a UK ranking list, that should help with seeding also.

The monthly in Birmingham should not take away anything from BZ as it's just a monthly and nothing compared to BZ but simply create more hype for BZ :D
awesome, well seeingas ive spammed every social in the uk with a post about it, the only extra thing i can think of would be to give out fliers at other tournaments, however seeing as im not going to any other uk events untill BZ. i have no way of doing this unless i can print out some and send to people...
also gonna make a page on aib, ill link to it when i make it

Tamoo

Smash Master
Ben: Does there need to be that much of a discussion? Surely top ppl like charles and aaron can see who I seed where and see if there's anything grossly wrong with it, but in general, discussion will prove pointless when we have no idea who's going to turn up yet. Top 8 is fairly obvious presuming top 8 attend, which is unlikely and the next 8 is open to a bit more fluctuation but I have a pretty good gist of how good ppl are thanks to attending a lot of events.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Excuse me....but why should Fuzz 1st Seed and me 2nd Seed

I won the last UK National (which according to the UK is the important thing) 7-1 and then Charles won the London Monthly after that 7-3 and then I just won the Last London Monthly 7-1....

I didn't know being 2nd is based on winning the most recent event and the most recent National....I guess I will try to lose more often to increase my seed placing at future events.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Aaron: Seeds haven't even been decided yet lol, they'd probs have to be done on the day considering the potential variation in the entrants pool.

Being first or second seed /might/ not even have that big an impact should VA not enter, I've not really paid attention to his recent posts so not sure if he's coming or not

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I don't care about VA or not, it's the principal :)

And I know Seeds haven't been decided yet, this was stopping any future plans which GP was on the course of doing of putting Fuzz 1st Seed.

rustediron

Smash Lord
SNY2 IS OFFICIALLY CANCELLED

Seems like Kone followed through with his 'im upset everyone wants to play smash in this smash community and not go out together to clubs with random people you don't know' thing and officially called it off.

And it was proudly & honourably initiated by yours turly, Professor Pro :)
Lol! I would love to go to like Tiger Tiger with all you mofos. That would be ****ing epic.
Though we'd never get in, sadly :(

EDIT: Prof you sound like VA complaining about not bing second seed :laugh:
Though he did get that (and deserved it) in the end, to be fair

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
LOL Well me personally, I wouldn't really want to go to a 'get together' for a person i've NEVER seen in my life or spoke to in anyway with people i've only seen like 3/4 times at different smashfests/tournaments in the space of like 2 years.

It would be a lot more comfortable to go out with people I know personally, gonig out with you wouldn't bother me obv cos i've seen you a lot and know what you're like....and I think the difference with VA's situation was the fact that he missed various events...making his point of being second seed less valid.

gm jack

Smash Lord
I agreed. With some of the people I know better, it could be pretty good, but I barely know most people there. Pub before/during/after a fest/tourney would be interesting though.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Im free on Wednesday so let the destruction commence, Dujuans what's your opinion about the SNY2 incident since I have no idea and would randomly like to hear you share it on smashboards lol :)
prof your bad you know coz you know if I get started on this topic people in the community will hate me more than what they already do lol. I'll get all sorts of infractions and hate mail. Would you still like my opinions to commence?

let's get one thing straight, I never intended to quit, it was first written as a joke then I was like lol why not. It really is nothing more than that, and I hate Peach and I always have.
thought so. I still need al the help I can get though

Lol! I would love to go to like Tiger Tiger with all you mofos. That would be ****ing epic.
Though we'd never get in, sadly :(
course everyone (of age) will get in, shirt shoes jeans and your good to go. But if this is what it takes to get SNY2 back you guys need to start planning from now then don't ya!

j3ly

Smash Champion
yea i support this notion tesco could get in, if thats what it takes then dammit show him wat a community we are

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
yeah i'll be back this summer prob but i have no gamecube or pads to train with

/

best advert of all time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w04xmH2SOLA
LOL Yeah it would be sick if you played, you could always come to mine since you literally live like 2 minutes walking distance, but I would have to get another pad.

Also that advert is epic, BTW Jaydean is still attempting to make beats :)
Man give up.

prof your bad you know coz you know if I get started on this topic people in the community will hate me more than what they already do lol. I'll get all sorts of infractions and hate mail. Would you still like my opinions to commence?
:bee: Well now that SNY2 isn't on I would love to see you say what the eff you want because there's no repocussions of it not going on lol.
Please commence

yea i support this notion tesco could get in, if thats what it takes then dammit show him wat a community we are
That wouldn't change anything, his decision is final and it wasn't really going clubbing which he wanted us to do.
Basically it was initiated when I said in the Birmingham thread that I would rather get housed by Yeniths because at Yens I would be actually playing smash, and if I went to Kones he already stated that they wouldn't be and they were doing some get together for that American GAWes who I don't know (and Kone wasn't even going to the tournament anyway) and when Kone saw me post about that he got all upset and said the community isn't what it used to be blah blah blah and people just want to play smash and called SNY2 off.

rustediron

Smash Lord
course everyone (of age) will get in, shirt shoes jeans and your good to go. But if this is what it takes to get SNY2 back you guys need to start planning from now then don't ya!
Kinda meant getting in as a bunch of only dudes, though I have managed to get in with a group of 8 guys before :S
I guess they don't mind so much on student nights? I've only been there 3 maybe 4 times so I don't really know how that works

Either way this definitely needs kicking around, sounds ****ing hilarious

That wouldn't change anything, his decision is final and it wasn't really going clubbing which he wanted us to do.
Yeah, but it would seem like we've misunderstood him in a rather sad and ironic way
Besides, I want to see dem legendary dance moves

gm jack

Smash Lord
I suspects that's more the straw that broke the camel's back than the sole cause of it.

And to get in, we just need to to get Mitsuki and Zunari (sp?) to come along too. Easily balance the rest of the smash community.

gm jack

Smash Lord
TO's shouldn't touch the pot without talking to the people winning money first. If nobody else, it really messed with Armada who was relying on getting the money, especially as he already has got G2 plane tickets.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Actually Armada is one of the least affected people afaik, since his travel expenses were generously paid by the smash community through a fund, but he was hoping to pay the people back with his winnings which must be pretty gay for him

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Yeah, but it would seem like we've misunderstood him in a rather sad and ironic way
Besides, I want to see dem legendary dance moves
I have understood why he did it, I just think what he suspected/wanted from a game community and his reasons for stopping it were silly....he wanted people to put socialness before the game (which he said) which isn't going to happen in a gaming community with people who don't know each other well.
It's his choice anyway

GM Jack - I know my post wasn't the sole reason for it happening, I just said I initiated it.

Anyone seen the pound 5 scandal? That **** is kinda ****ed up

Who'd wanna be a TO now eh
....What happened with this Pound 5 Scandal....thread or post please lol?

Tamoo

Smash Master
Basically, Plank lost a ton of money cos of pound 5 cos of people cramming into rooms so booking less rooms, and lots of people not turning up last minute, so he had to use all of the pot to pay off the hotel.

The (arguably) worst part is he's now disappeared off of smashboards and defriended loads of ppl on facebook to avoid facing the issue again I presume so it doesn't look like any of it's gonna get resolved any time soon.

Brado

Smash Lord
Prof your posts are dumb and miss- informing the community, your making it sound like you got sny called off, when it had nothing to do with you

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Basically, Plank lost a ton of money cos of pound 5 cos of people cramming into rooms so booking less rooms, and lots of people not turning up last minute, so he had to use all of the pot to pay off the hotel.

The (arguably) worst part is he's now disappeared off of smashboards and defriended loads of ppl on facebook to avoid facing the issue again I presume so it doesn't look like any of it's gonna get resolved any time soon.
LOL Niceeeeee take pot and hide.

And yeah, that's quite gay....but I don't know much about the issue so I can't say much but lul at it anyway and deleting people on facebook.

Prof your posts are dumb and miss- informing the community, your making it sound like you got sny called off, when it had nothing to do with you
Fuck you Brado, I stated it was initiated by my post of not wanting to go to Kone's house which it was, I did not say it was the sole reason behind it nor that there wasn't a build up on Kone's behalf...if you're dumb enough to interpret that SNY2 got cancelled solely because I choose to not get housed by Kone and instead Yeniths, then that's a dumbness you will live with for the rest of your life.

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
..if you're dumb enough to interpret that SNY2 got cancelled solely because I choose to not get housed by Kone and instead Yeniths, then that's a dumbness you will live with for the rest of your life.

Loool, man you just get more jokes every post you make.

So gay SNY2 got cancelled though, ****ing professor pro LOL

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Ben: Does there need to be that much of a discussion? Surely top ppl like charles and aaron can see who I seed where and see if there's anything grossly wrong with it, but in general, discussion will prove pointless when we have no idea who's going to turn up yet. Top 8 is fairly obvious presuming top 8 attend, which is unlikely and the next 8 is open to a bit more fluctuation but I have a pretty good gist of how good ppl are thanks to attending a lot of events.
there should be a discussion to make sure that the seeds are as good as they can be imo. Just you deciding the melee seeds is not good enough

j3ly

Smash Champion
that awkward moment you realise that GMjacks post is fundamentally inaccurate..

*birds tweeting, ambient sound*

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
2 things:

1. I wanna go to Dujuan's tomorrow.

2. Friday is happening, but people can't sleep over.

Interested:

Aaron
JJ
Dujuan

Who else?

j3ly

Smash Champion
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12317182#post12317182
epic justice to the creator of planking.

epic justice to the creator of planking.

seriously though, i am on planks side - legally no formal contract was signed, everybody gave him their money in good faith. turns out that **** hit the fan, and thank god (for plank) nobody signed anything.

i'm a law student - granted a uk law student, but if people in the payout bracket were that intent on a payout, they should have gotten plank to sign something. just saying - i dont think anyone can do jack **** legally and plank has the moral high ground (imo) too, because that money was given to him in good faith. dunno if you guys use that term over in the states.

pissed for PPMD/M2K, i hope they didn't spend alot of money on plane tickets. if that were the case, plank should give them money over time to pay reparations on a personal level. dont bother flaming me, i am sure as **** never going to be able to find this thread again nor bother to check. if you were effected by this on a huge personal level, you learned a little something about contract law

ps to the douche**** above me - you are a douche****.
pps to my account, sorry dude but frankly i stopped caring a long time ago about you

8-)
thats what i just posted, last paragraph should throw a little spanner into the works.. teh douche**** in question is very angry and thinks that plank stole from smashers.

Pierce7d - if you are in the habit of searching ur name, u are a douche****. that is all

Top Bottom