• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

king_NDj247

Smash Ace
Videos from the tournament

IT WATS WAT YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR THE FINALS OF THE LONDON MONTHLIES 27TH JUNE 09 VIDEOS ARE HERE.

BELOW YOU WILL FIND THE LINKS TO THE PLAYLISTS WHICH CONTAIN ALL THE MATCHES COMMENT ON THE VIDS, RATE THEM, DO WAT EVER ENJOY EVERYONE :chuckle::):bee::laugh:!!!!

Winners Final
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=3BE67E9C6A957C27

Losers Final
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=4DDEFAD328C950C3

Grand Final Set 1
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=EA95718D4A699C9C

Grand Final Set 2
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=BDC04FAB96B1B648

craiigg

Smash Lord
nice work king, =D

sorry to whoever was commenting think it was ben and some others but, it was mad boring and kinda annoying :/

honestly i dont think there's anyone in the UK who would be good for commentary.. LOL joe and prolly some other northener maybe

us south have boring voices, and maybe im speaking for myself but commentary is solely for banter. i dont wana hear lame opinions on whats going on or who could of done what where. the commentators that are usually the most annoying in smash matches are usualll always the ones that think they know whats best for the players. when really the best reason is for HYPEEE >_>

nice of you guys to give it a shot though, =)

PS. king you have a sick taste in DnB, mate of mine is a DnB/House/Dubstep DJ if you ever want some recommendations :p

Kone

Smash Master
i cant imagine u commentating robby x_X'...im not entirely sure why it just doesn't fit right in me head like.

But i agree with craig. Commentating should be about addign excitement to the match with a pinch of seriousness. As such it shoudl also be largely out of the ear shot of the players.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
loool The match commentary was just bare hype. It wasn't anyone trying to speak technical about the match except for the rare occasion which is the reason why it was soooo jokes. I dunno what you are talking about Craiigg with the Northern thing and south people shouldn't do it lol.
You obviously haven't heard the jokes people that are down here to think that. Anyone who was there would know how jokes the commentary was.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
next one will either be..

23/24th July
Any other weekday.. before/after superlion

Saturdays

19th August
Next week venue is booked already, so I can;t use it
1st August (not too sure if i can)
15th August
Opinions please people
I can't do the 18th, there's a UK melee tournament... I need opinions

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
nice work king, =D

sorry to whoever was commenting think it was ben and some others but, it was mad boring and kinda annoying :/

honestly i dont think there's anyone in the UK who would be good for commentary.. LOL joe and prolly some other northener maybe

us south have boring voices, and maybe im speaking for myself but commentary is solely for banter. i dont wana hear lame opinions on whats going on or who could of done what where. the commentators that are usually the most annoying in smash matches are usualll always the ones that think they know whats best for the players. when really the best reason is for HYPEEE >_>

nice of you guys to give it a shot though, =)

PS. king you have a sick taste in DnB, mate of mine is a DnB/House/Dubstep DJ if you ever want some recommendations :p
Craiigg- why are you nitpicking my commentary for? I don't care what you want to hear or not mate, commentators generally have to comment on the match incase you didn't know. Btw there was plenty of hype but it was before king's laptop overheated and lead to all the previous commentary being lost which was kinda depressing as it was epic commentary. Pro will back me up on this. Seriously shut up

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Craiigg- why are you nitpicking my commentary for? I don't care what you want to hear or not mate, commentators generally have to comment on the match incase you didn't know. Btw there was plenty of hype but it was before king's laptop overheated and lead to all the previous commentary being lost which was kinda depressing as it was epic commentary. Pro will back me up on this. Seriously shut up
This is very true, which is why I didn't care if any of the commentary was lost except for the Fuzzyness vs Edwin one lol.

craiigg

Smash Lord
rofl!!!!!

so offended, serious chill both of u

i have an opinion, i'm allowed to express it. if u don't like my opinion then take it with a pinch of salt
nothing i said was personal to anyone, like i said commentary is a good idea and it was nice of u guys to give it a try

PERSONALLY i felt the commentary was a bit stale. i know londoners have equal if not more hyped up trashtalk banter than the rest of the UK. i said nothin bad about that lol. if u didn't notice im southern just like u are.

i dont know y u gotta take everything people say that involves u personally ben, jeez dude chill the **** out

i gave my opinion, which i felt was just an observation on how commentary can improve for further tournaments, dont take it as an attack cause it wasnt there's no need for me to do that..
like i said, i couldn't do a better job than u, and cool u wanted to give it a try thats fair mate

but dont tell me uve never watched a vid of a fighter with commentary and thought, this commentary would be better if so & so etc etc

it's like you giving other players advice on their gameplay, sure they might not want to hear what ur saying. but you give your opinion nonetheless do you not? it's their choice whether they want to take that the bad way thinking ur saying they're ****. or helping them along making better decisions.

ur choice, take it positive or take it as an attack i couldn't give a **** either way

dont tell me to shut up either, if u wana try put me in my place do it to my face or don't try at all, its embarassing

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
rofl!!!!!

so offended, serious chill both of u

i have an opinion, i'm allowed to express it. if u don't like my opinion then take it with a pinch of salt
nothing i said was personal to anyone, like i said commentary is a good idea and it was nice of u guys to give it a try

PERSONALLY i felt the commentary was a bit stale. i know londoners have equal if not more hyped up trashtalk banter than the rest of the UK. i said nothin bad about that lol. if u didn't notice im southern just like u are.

i dont know y u gotta take everything people say that involves u personally ben, jeez dude chill the **** out

i gave my opinion, which i felt was just an observation on how commentary can improve for further tournaments, dont take it as an attack cause it wasnt there's no need for me to do that..
like i said, i couldn't do a better job than u, and cool u wanted to give it a try thats fair mate

but dont tell me uve never watched a vid of a fighter with commentary and thought, this commentary would be better if so & so etc etc

it's like you giving other players advice on their gameplay, sure they might not want to hear what ur saying. but you give your opinion nonetheless do you not? it's their choice whether they want to take that the bad way thinking ur saying they're ****. or helping them along making better decisions.

ur choice, take it positive or take it as an attack i couldn't give a **** either way

dont tell me to shut up either, if u wana try put me in my place do it to my face or don't try at all, its embarassing
maybe you should have took what I said with 'a pinch of salt' lol. I was pissed off cos I was rly gutted to have all the rlg good commentary disapear and then you go on and lecture me about how I should be commentating?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lool I was chilled I just thought your opinion on people in the south shouldn't do commentary and it should only be northern people should only do it was stupid.

I understand why you thought the commentary was dull though cos only Ben was on the mic in the set with Me vs Fuzzyness along with 4stock who was just saying the occasional thing like '****' lol and he wasn't saying much and even I found those sets there wasn't too much said on commentary.

But I was simply just stating that the matches with the ACTUAL good commentary when I was on the mic with Ben and everyone who was there just jumping on the mic were really good and bareee hype and was just jokes lol.
I wanna actually be on the mic next time when it is guranateed to work.

craiigg

Smash Lord
erm, ben i didn't lecture you or anyone. i never told u how to commentate lol

and pro nah i get you dude, what i said about north better than south was just jokin. lol i just cant imagine many people from our community giving really enjoyable commentary rofl

im done with this anyway, would of liked to hear the commentary that got corrupted or whatever tho

JJfox

Smash Cadet
Prof: "I wanna actually be on the mic next time when it is guranateed to work."
Well since you're usually in the finals, you either have to only commentate on the finals you're not in, lose so other people are in the final, or maybe even commentate on your own match, while you play?
Which one will it be huh?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
loool Well I am usually in the finals but I did commentate last time when it was losers finals between Edwin and Fuzzyness, so I can still be in the finals lol.
The majortiy of events I have been to in my career I have been in the finals lol.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
loool Ok.
Just don't get upset when you get ***** by someone who is younger then you lol.
Tbh the same result will come out when I play you next time. I will prob just 4 stock you with less percent and if I feel like it I might JV 5 stock you.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
loool I'm only joking.
I know the younger thing gets to Rafiu though lol.
You did good in the ranbat and prvoed you are one of the top in the London community and you will soon prove you are one of the top in the UK:)

You should be proud you are beating people and placing like you are when you still got loads of room to improve lol.

king_NDj247

Smash Ace
If 4 sum random reason we do hve 2 record again on the laptop I'll test the mic 4 a good couple of hours record sum friendlies wit commentary btw we dnt really need a mic coz that laptop mic records pads clicking when there's a semi silent room so nxt time if we just put the speaker close 2 the laptop it will record fine.

Plus nxt time I'm gonna **** so hardcorely no lie I'm gonna try n host tonnes of smashfest mayb 2 days worth at 1 time most likely about 5 over 2 weeks btw when's the nxt event en of July I'm hoping plz

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
anyone who played me or watched me, any llittle bit of advice on how to improve will be helpful please, seeing as i dont get to play the better people much :( when you lot do smash fests be sure to holla at me either through here of y2jj1@hotmail.com (msn yeah)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I think it was LJ who I played at this even and he had a pretty good and technical fox lol. I forgot to put him in my shoutout but he was pretty good, keep it up.
Good enough to make it out of pools even though I think you didn't for some reason lol.

JJlinyard - Invite me to one of youe next events earlier and I will try to make time to come to it, sorry about the last time I didn't come to it, that was my fault due to me being banned and not getting your messages lol.

Top Bottom