• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

j3ly

Smash Champion
lol good on dujuan
i watched unreal 2 and 3 stock you over and over, get ***** by tescoooo

however none of us can backflip. wat u sayin on the weekend, need to quit weed for this year of college which means not seeing any of my friends for a couple of weeks until i dont crave anymore. plus i wanna get back into improvement like i did when i started smash. loosing interest in the game at this 4th/5th stint.

shoutouts in order of playing

Mitsuki - was good to meet you and play some games. keep training with jack, maybe one day tesco can bring katie and anglelina to a tournament and we can see if ur the best female smasher

Dujuan - we didn't play any 'serious' games, but that doesn't matter anymore. 2 good 4 u leik.

SWIZZZZEH - No chance to cheer for you came up :( it might not matter though, my throat was so ****ed up at SNY it enabled me to make a sound i dont think i could make again. i enjoyed out friendly set, and talking often in the hall.

Dujuan + Warning - bleh, that 1st game took us by surprise - neither me or edwin expected warning to be able to edgeguard so effectively. you 2 worked well as a team for the first game though.

Warning - never played but i watched ur set vs unreal. ur style is cooooooool, but you got lucky that set. 1/2 the luck was down to unreal missing KEY openings and ****ing up VERY important short hops. lol. he should have won that set definatly, but his choke stopped that. next time

Bish + American - Bish you got soooooo much better. good ****! serves me right for thinking u woulden't improve

Tamoo + Smakis - that game on BF where you nearly won, i knew we had it ^_^ IC's suck in teams so much, what was up with that.

VA + Swizzy - i let edwin down in both sets, getting battle fielded 3 times and then SUPER death combo'd from 0% , and getting horribly edge guarded in some other games. watching you made me realise that i need to leave swizzy sometimes, to try and get edwin out of a bad situation vs VA.

Willz - lol ****, if you 3 stocked tamoo 1 game and i 3 stocked you one game, does that means my puff is 9x better than tamoos? nice MM, was fun playing but wash ur hands dude i could smell them from next to you! sandbag FTW one day you will see my true powah..

Kira - ur a reaallly rude human...........

Bish - great game, pleasure to jam as always

Edwin - i like playing against you now that i stand small chance of victory with puff. enjoyed teaming with you, we seriously need to work on tactics though if we are to team again. guaranteed 3rd/2nd every teams though, which is kind of **** with no XP in teams.

Wiggum - pffffffffffffffhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahaaaaa!!! desperation to win much? ^_____________________^ you would have been timed out urself, but i SD'd.

PMS - bigggguuppp da tesco =] shame only 1/2 the elite bros were in attendance, but you represented. 4 games off deathgazer is no mean feat!

Prof - you were one step ahead this set from the information you got last set. i didn't know how to deal with ur clever campy style, and the mario boards need good videos so i didn't want to be really campy myself. i've worked it out now though.

Ddiz - keep playing u'll get good. felt uncomfortable when u grabbed my arms and shook me saying PLAY ME SOME GAMES.

GMjack - i was expecting you to be really bad at smash, but you must have improved from when i heard that you were bad at smash. last game you said something and i asked what you said and got the cold reply 'you clearly heard what i said.'
to this day, i still wonder WTF you said... :'(
anyway keep playing and i'm sure you will get good,

Fuzz - it was a good tournament. must have been hell sorting out so many brackets, and im sure you were very grateful to JOLTEON for taking so much of his personal time to help the running of the tournament.

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
Willz - lol ****, if you 3 stocked tamoo 1 game and i 3 stocked you one game, does that means my puff is 9x better than tamoos? nice MM, was fun playing but wash ur hands dude i could smell them from next to you! sandbag FTW one day you will see my true powah..
Willz Says:

loool i aint even gonna lie my palms get mad sweaty, might have a problem or some **** cuz i had to keep going toilet to wash them every so often

and tamoos jiggs is better atm but yours isn't too far off of his. just train it and you'll be a lot better than him cuz tamoo sucks anyway.

and AD i'm ill atm so i'm off college anyway lol

ddiz

Smash Journeyman
im sorry j3ly i was an over eager little sh*t, i was in a rush to play more people cuz i wanted to leave early, fuzzy agreed to house me on short notice which was very kind of him......thank you fuzzy :')

j3ly thank you for the games and im sorry i grabbed you! its not in my nature..... thank u for 4 stocking me with mario but im sory thats the last time ull do that...thx for the props btw ^_^

prof pro once again i apologise for pulling your hair, especially during your tournament match...no harm was intended..but ur hair is almost unresistable to touch )': as for the game we played, ur just way too fast for me, cant think of how to approach you...how does fuzzy do it >_>

calzorz, i finally got to meet u in person ^_^....fighting ur snake was like fighting 3 people at the same time, everywere i go i take damage..scary!

deathgazer, ur ability to play falco the way u do shocks me beyond belief...i look forward to the day we can play on equal terms.....which is gona take some time...ALOT of time

the samus player (dont know ur tag T_T) a noob like me giving u props may be pointless but that samus of yours is the best ive seen......im just glad u didnt 4 stock me the way u did at sny.....i want u to remember the "knee through the missle" i pulled of on you for a long time to come ^_^

mitsuki, playing doubles with u will never get boring...looking forward to playing against u and jack again.
keep up the blending ^_^

jack, im lot letting ur falcon beat mine again ^_^ but nice meeting u again...ur still taller than me T_T

jolteon and tamoo, i didnt get a chance to play either of u but im soryy for my behaviour.

FUZZY!!!!!!!! thanks for housing me, thx for the pizza, thanks for all the games!! thank you for all the advice... again im sorry for my poor behaviour

smakis

Smash Ace
I wouldn't say ICs are THAT bad in teams, I was having pretty fun infiniting stuff (lolprof) while tamoo was walling everything ;D

just that marth + doc aren't really the best matchup for ic + jiggs /giggle

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
Right shoutouts.

Prof- didnt get to play against you much and didnt even have our MM due to not enough setups and everyone wanting to you play as usual lol. but next time lol.

Fuzz- didnt get to play against you but i have to say I was impressed at you an Jolteon for organising with only 5 setups. good stuff.

VA- only had like 2 games with you and you did some pretty insane combos with your fox (waveshine off platform => nair when I was knocked off the platform) or some crazy **** like that lol.
Brackets:

PMS: went ganon against you cos i thought i could do it again but how wrong I was lol. youve stepped up alot and ive always had trouble with your mindgames. dont think i used enough F tilts and uairs but yeh def loooking forward to when i start uni so you and unreal can come jam.

Cong- I didnt feel confident enough after i lost the first game with falco cos Ive always been wierd with that falco- jiggs matchup so I went pika cos of the elite Usmash lol. youre pretty good considering that was the first melee tournament youve entered.

Beast- Youve stepped up a bit. to deal with lasers, you just have to approach and when falcos close enough trade the laser hit with a F tilt => grab, it works pretty well and Jolteon used it a few times against me.

Jolteon- it was pretty gay to play two sheiks in a row in my brackets lol. But yeh i can see youve improved rapidly in the last 2 months and you have alot of potential. we had some pretty close games although I had no idea how to play on brinstar lol.

----

ddiz- good games, try sticking to one character to main and get used to combos against different characters/ things you can do, that way youl be able to improve and not kinda get messed up with different playing styles. If you have no one to play against, just watch videos but make sure you understand whats happening, watch them over and over again and even take notes if you need to. Its kinda like learning the theory side of playing and remember setups/ things you need to do against certain characters. even if its noticing one or two mistakes people make in a game, if you adapt and learn to counter if, theyl have problems and start struggling.

Bishwiz- ggs your falco has gone more technical lol. What ive started doing is using tech skill to pressure them into making mistakes or it gets them to play more aggressivly which will let their defense down a bit. practice chasing people into getting a finishing move in because falco can easily combo to a high percentage but you need to learn to stop comboing at a certain point and a well placed Dsmash/ Fsmash would take the stock. Thats one of the main problems I had before lol.

AD- I remember i still owe you £1.50 lol. Il pay you back next event, we had some good friendlies and i think wel have some good matches if we played in tournament.

Tescos- well done on the placings 5th, 7th, 9th, 13th looking forward to when we have our week long smashfests again lol

j3ly

Smash Champion
smakis - amazing with the pummel blizz pummel blizz!

ofc, ill be able to do it in about 20 minutes, but still well done for getting it down just after discovery :)

gm jack

Smash Lord
@ddiz

Definitely not letting your falcon beat mine.

@jely

I was stuck at the **** stage plateau until about 2 weeks ago. Only just starting to see real improvement. But I have no idea I even said that. Must have been in the trash talking zone.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
im sorry j3ly i was an over eager little sh*t, i was in a rush to play more people cuz i wanted to leave early, fuzzy agreed to house me on short notice which was very kind of him......thank you fuzzy :')

j3ly thank you for the games and im sorry i grabbed you! its not in my nature..... thank u for 4 stocking me with mario but im sory thats the last time ull do that...thx for the props btw ^_^

prof pro once again i apologise for pulling your hair, especially during your tournament match...no harm was intended..but ur hair is almost unresistable to touch )': as for the game we played, ur just way too fast for me, cant think of how to approach you...how does fuzzy do it >_>

calzorz, i finally got to meet u in person ^_^....fighting ur snake was like fighting 3 people at the same time, everywere i go i take damage..scary!

deathgazer, ur ability to play falco the way u do shocks me beyond belief...i look forward to the day we can play on equal terms.....which is gona take some time...ALOT of time

the samus player (dont know ur tag T_T) a noob like me giving u props may be pointless but that samus of yours is the best ive seen......im just glad u didnt 4 stock me the way u did at sny.....i want u to remember the "knee through the missle" i pulled of on you for a long time to come ^_^

mitsuki, playing doubles with u will never get boring...looking forward to playing against u and jack again.
keep up the blending ^_^

jack, im lot letting ur falcon beat mine again ^_^ but nice meeting u again...ur still taller than me T_T

jolteon and tamoo, i didnt get a chance to play either of u but im soryy for my behaviour.

FUZZY!!!!!!!! thanks for housing me, thx for the pizza, thanks for all the games!! thank you for all the advice... again im sorry for my poor behaviour
OMG the legend posts!

Dopl-G

Smash Apprentice
**** THE MELEE SHOUTOUTS< GET WIT DAH TIM'S SON and SONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heres my shoutouts to people who matter!!!!!

Anaky: Too pro, never faced you in bracket but one look in those dashing eyes told me you were ready to take on the world, but then Kasper was in losers finals and his sight disgusted you so much that you chose to forfight.

Calzorz: STOP WINNING, first you trash G.P's brother at smash and now this, lieing about your prediction, I know you have quantuanous amounts of skill, but man, your snake is too pro for the UK, TOO PRO, 3 STOCK M2K since your so GODLY.

StarShadow: you probably had the most unfortunate bracket matching I have ever seen, two olimar mains in a row, not winning any of them (Pafos and Myself) even though I used Mario, is was good to see you stepping it up like a PRO, beating all these older people and getting the young people in with the funky smash bros with Sonic the blue one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pafos: OK, Now I am CONVINCED you cannot compare our Olimars, cause I still dont get how you can seem to trash me 3 times in a row in friendlys ( even though I 2 stocked you once ater those 3 loses) and yet I seem to place higher in tourny results, we have oposite olimars and people can really notice when we have dittos, as I do tend to break the golden rule that people seem to remember about playing olimar and apparantly there is little jumping or aproaching. even though i did learn and put to some used your camping expertise on more of my matches and especaily in doubles.

M.T.R: ***** can drive son, man, we did not win any of our double matches, but we still did a HELL OF A LOT BETTER THEN LAST TIME, shame a certain SOMEONE would not be polite about denying our money match I was going to offer 100 grand, but after that, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (not really 100 pounds) thanks for the lift like always, it is far easier for me really.

Ixis: Finally got to play your Bowser, and even though you lost the tourny round, I wont lie in saying you did put me in a uncomfortable possition, never in the wold would I thought bowser would give me so much trouble, I AM DEAD SERIOUS did you not hear me wigging out, you were pressureing me to play traditional Olimar, if you made any mistakes it wa unfortunate, but i did not notice myself. you can win man, just go for it and you can.

Hoe4U: Pika Power bring the quick attacks techs like a pro, your Pika has setped its game up from the last time I remember, and i got to show you my glass beads too, so you have a good idea of what you were asking for. unfortunatly I cannot remember the name of the man who gave these to me. try googleing african beads i guess. but if I do catch the name of the buisness or a buisness who takes commitions, i will be sure to let you know man.

Cong: Throwin those Nanas and getting his fight money like a pro but in smash. i only played one set with you before we left the vennue, but you seem o know how to dealwith my grab and throw technique that stops your banana game, looks like I MIGHT HAVE TO RETHINK MY DIDDY STRATAGY.

Minh: A pair of Ice'es that stured a bit of commotion cause he came out of nowere, kind of like me, but more pro with your cap and such, I DID PLAY YOU IN BRACKET and on round two, you made one too many mistakes against my Olimar and his mad offence. oh, and pro dudley is pro, but my Hakan is too oily to U, my Adon and Zangief toooooooooo. you got skills. keep up the practice.

G.P: You Ike is better then everyone elses, sept at this points, thats what i felt when I was playing you, you knew what you were doing with Ike, ad you know his limitations, that can carry you far, I can hope. your Rob is pretty good aswell, beating my Moonwalking MARIO LIKE THE PRO YOU ARE G.P STANDS FOR GRAND PRO, CLEARLY, great to see you again man ,shae mwe did not talk much during the tourny.

Slurps: Congrats on getting 5th place man, you were probably the one I was the most impressed wih a the tourny, although you did pretty much give me the set at times, you grabed me like 15 times and you had it going at times, but unfortunally could not get the KO with it, at least thats what I remember. From what i hear you were ill, although I did not notice myself, probably due to the atmospere. GGs man.

J.Miller: Payback for gay goal in strikers and 3stock loss last tourny. still a tough Luigi, and probably played smarter against you I think personally, I was not carelussly challenging you in the air, as this can be hard for both my characters (Olimar and Wario) Luigi out prioritise's in the air. but yeah a good set overall. variaty is the spice of life, and the interview went well, ofcourse its up to you wherever it gets posted or not.:p

THATS EVERYONE I THINK, MY EDIT LATER IF I FORGOT ANYONE!!!!!!!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
SHOUTOUT

Swizzy + VA (Teams) - Best team in the UK???
That was ****, I don't even think that's debatable anymore if you're better then us, Swizzy is the weaker teammate and he is just punish material, plus he also a bait machine which means he is very easy to bait to make a mistake.
The only reason why you won last time (and I actually knew this) is because we were getting thrown off by Ganon, that wasn't the case AT ALL this time which is why the **** commences, please don't make statements like you being better then us like that ever again and go back to the drawing board

VA - The destruction which I will serve to you at the next Monthly which will be important (as it's ranking thingy and this one wasn't as important) will be sooo immense that my mind is currently attempting to forget about it as containing this much **** is harmful to my body
All that practice in America and other places and that much improvement??? QUIT SMASH, quit it forever and play another game which will suit you better like this since smash is not for you!

Smakis - I heard that out of the top people you want to take me out cos i'm fox and you feel it will be easiest.
I think it's safe to say that your target for that has gone STRAIGHT out the window after the **** I supplied to you...GET A NEW AIM, but anything that involves me and you winning has the exact same chance of Tamoo having an interesting play style.
TAKE YOUR AIM'S ELSEWHERE!!!!

Fuzzyness - Look at your name, that is enough to know that the next time we play you will be getting *****, you used to be a threat, you are no longer that, I will not be going my main when I play you because you are not deserving enough.
Enjoyed ****** everyone on teams though lol :bee:

J3ly - HAHAHA That was ****, please fix the bracket next tournament so we don't play, I don't want to do that to anyone again.

Edwin - You had the real fear in your heart of my fox from when you left the venue as soon as you had to play me, I can understand that though, since the videos were getting recorded and you know that destruction would have been publicized, nice hand cramp johns to avoid the ****.

JOLTEON - Where the *** is my appreciation for assisting in running the bracket and speeding things up, I walked around stopping people from doing stupidness and getting people to do their bracket matches a lot more then other people did, I demand my recognition and appreciation NOW!

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
Willz Says:

here's some melee shoutouts:

Anaky: you suck bro you were so EASY LOOOOOL

Kasper: okay your Peach is quite good but not Calzum level MORE DSMASH PLZ

j3ly: you suck man I haven't got any Jiggs training in ages if I did I would have destroyed you and your ****ty jiggs real talk

Mitsuki: you're a really good Peach and you must keep training and maybe one day you can reach the skill level of Calzum

Swizzy: your ganon is sexy but i will defeat you next tourney (srs bidniz)

frugs: you didn't mm me cuz you know you would of got wrecked. you and clockmire suck, if me and marni had more exp partnering together we would of won the set (tbh you were lucky to beat us in the 2nd/3rd game w.e)

clockmire: ^^^

professor pro: you're my favourite small black man

lust: haha you flaked so you didn't get *****!!!!!!

ddiz: don't annoy me during tourney/mms please (this happened on 3 occasions), but nice seeing you again

AD: you actually suck, you didn't mm me either (tbh i think you were scared about losing). i didnt wear any lyle and scott to this so you couldnt bully me about it as well :'(

fuzzyness: thanks for the tourney Charles and letting us stay at yours before the tourney started

frozenwave: lol sup man was nice seeing you again

Jolteon: thanks for the hospitality Alex. the breakfast your mum made us was great and the journey back with you, marni and teran was jokes lool

i hate you all <3

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Shout outs:

Wiggum: Good ****; glad you came. l2 pokefloats and mix in those bairs!!

GM Jack: Would be really cool if you got good, don't give up and do your homework.

VA: I loved our friendlies hahaha, I learn so much when playing you and it's fun to screw around in friendlies with you. The way your Fox edgeguards Sheik is really cool.

Swizzy: Team friendlies were fun, Ganon/Sheik is invincible and you pulled off a lot of manly edgeguards.

Smakis: Haha, just be glad I couldn't take you to Rainbow Cruise. :) Nice set, unlucky with Jiggs though. Awesome name, btw. ;)

Hugo: C'mooon, everyone loves Sheik. <3 Was cool seeing you again, I actually like your style a lot now lol, it's hilarious and it also shows signs of improvement/potential, learn to be more consistent with combos/edgeguards though.

Andy: Nice to see you again, good job in doubles. :D

fuzz: **** lol, I owe you £5. :X

b. mac: keep the Mac legacy alive

MTR: Man uppppp vs Ice Climbers

Kasper: Never forget the power of down smash.

Dopl: Thanks a lot in KFC, I appreciate it and one day I'll return the favour. :)

Willz: loool the journey home was amazing, it's always cool to have you around.

marni: Was cool meeting you, hopefully you didn't feel too interrogated by my mum lol.

tamoo: thanks a lot for housing me 2 weekends in a row, I really appreciate it. I enjoyed ToV, though we didn't play much. :)

prof: shut up, footstool.

Edwin: You did so well vs charles, keep it up dude. Nice to see you again.

AD: Kinda gutted that my miscommunication stopped us from teaming, you and Warning did well though, good ****.

Deathgazer: I really enjoyed our set, good job and I love your pressure game.

Calzorz: Unlucky on 5th place, hopefully you guys can beat MTR one day.

j3ly: fu :( nah gj though xD

Froooooooooooooooooooozenwave: I love you baby why the **** did you leave so soon!

Chris&Frost: Halo Reach lovers.

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
13th: Willz
13th: Frugs

how did you get 13th? you suck LOL

also i'm above you, cuz i'm better ahahahaha

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
lol good on dujuan
i watched unreal 2 and 3 stock you over and over, get ***** by tescoooo

however none of us can backflip. wat u sayin on the weekend, need to quit weed for this year of college which means not seeing any of my friends for a couple of weeks until i dont crave anymore. plus i wanna get back into improvement like i did when i started smash. loosing interest in the game at this 4th/5th stint.

Dujuan - we didn't play any 'serious' games, but that doesn't matter anymore. 2 good 4 u leik.
whaaaat who was i playing as THAT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN TO MY ICS, YOU COULDNT EVEN DO THAT TO MY ICS YOU MUST HAVE BEEN HIGH AGAIN!!!! all your secondaries are garbage I told you i only play peoperly when your either mario or if we face each other in a bracket... other than that put that fox, jiggz, falco, doc, marth, cf, ICs and pichu away... they suck major ***

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Fuzzyness also plays Brawl yet you gave him a shoutout?
And the shoutout mostly consisted of disrepect but here's your shoutout

Trio3 - £1 MM Brawl and then straight after £1 MM Melee???

Ddiz - It's nothing big, still try and play people but just don't so abruptly interrupt them and try to figure out if they are doing something before, that's all lol.

I actually don't mind playing all levels of people so just ask to play everyone but just be weary.

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
Andy you should let prof win the brawl mm cuz I know he stands no chance of defeating you in melee!

smakis

Smash Ace
of course I aim for you prof, gotta start at the very muddy bottom, then work my way up =) (gonna be though though, such a huge gap to the next one, not to mention I have to bend down and squint my eyes to even see you)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I actually don't mind playing all levels of people so just ask to play everyone but just be weary.
i might take you up on that, prepare to get a melee challenge from an overgel'd brawler XD

Top Bottom