• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

SilverTortoise

Smash Rookie
is this tournament still happening?

hey, i'm looking to find tournaments/communities to play smash bros with (ideally melee). are you guys still doing this tournament?

Retroking2000

Smash Master
you need a group of people to play ddiz and you will get better .

learning the game is pretty easy now melee been out like forever you could literally copy a pros style and **** cause the metagame just that developed

ddiz

Smash Journeyman
indeed! which is why after showing up to 12 monthlies i wont be getting 4 stocked by mario again >_>

the reason i said 12 is because i can see myself keeping up with u guys in one years time

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
18th September Brawl & Melee Full Results

Brawl Singles

1st: Calzorz
2nd: Kasper
3rd: Anaky
4th: Doplghost
5th: Shlurpie
5th: C.R.Z
7th: Fuzzyness
7th: J.Miller
9th: Retroking
9th: Pafos
9th: Cong
9th: Ixis
13th: Hoe4u
13th: Teran
13th: Willz
13th: Minh
17th: Tamoo
17th: G.P
17th: Marni
17th: Baronmack
17th: Jihad
17th: DNE
17th: StarShadowX
17th: MTR

Brawl Doubles

1st: Anaky & Kasper
2nd: Calzorz & Cong
3rd: Willz & C.R.Z
4th: Fuzzy & Retroking
5th: Ixis & Hoe4u
5th: Dopl & MTR
7th: Baronmack & G.P

Melee Singles

1st: Fuzzyness
2nd: VA
3rd: Prof
4th: Retroking
5th: J3ly
5th: Smakis
7th: Tamoo
7th: PMS
9th: Alpha Dash
9th: Swizzy
9th: Wiggum
9th: Deathgazer
13th: Clockmire
13th: Willz
13th: Frugs
13th: Jolteon
17th: Kasper
17th: Sox
17th: Unreal
17th: Mitsuki
17th: Dabishazah
17th: Warning
17th: Beast
17th: Marni
25th: Trio3
25th: MTR
25th: DDiz
25th: GMJACK
25th: NKD
25th: Shlurpie
25th: Cong
25th: Doplghost
33rd: Rajesh

Melee Doubles

1st: Fuzz & Prof
2nd: VA & Swizzy
3rd: J3ly & Retroking
4th: Smakis & Tamoo
5th: ANAKY & KASPER
5th: Dabishwizah & Sox
7th: AlphaDash & Warning
7th: Hugo & Dave
9th: Mitsuki & JM Jack
9th: Willz & Marni

Dopl-G

Smash Apprentice
Man o man my game with Kieth was too close........................................................................

X1-12

Smash Champion
You can use it to shine OoS raptor boost too, you can do auto shDI by just holding the direction, instead of tapping, but its less effective

ddiz

Smash Journeyman
i wish to apologise for my behaviour during this tournament
i am aware that i interrupted quite a few people during their tournament games (willz, professor pro, j3ly, smakis, and fuzzyness)..... i acknowledge that my behaviour was appalling but please try to understand that i was just eager to play some games with them, but yes i was totally oblivious, and for that i am truly sorry!
I ASSURE YOU ALL THAT THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
You can use it to shine OoS raptor boost too, you can do auto shDI by just holding the direction, instead of tapping, but its less effective
I was under the impression that shield ASDI didn't work vs raptor boost/knee/stomp and that you needed to shield SDI for that.

Kasper!

Smash Lord
i am aware that i interrupted quite a few people during their tournament games (willz, professor pro, j3ly, smakis, and fuzzyness)..... I acknowledge that my behaviour was appalling but please try to understand that i was just eager to play some games with them, but yes i was totally oblivious, and for that i am truly sorry!
I assure you all that this will not happen again
woah!!!!!!!!!!! Interupting peoples games? Wtf

X1-12

Smash Champion
I was under the impression that shield ASDI didn't work vs raptor boost/knee/stomp and that you needed to shield SDI for that.
For raptor boost it depends on things like how big your shield is etc, if its very large, falcon's raptor boost activates earlier and farther away from you meaning you have to shield SDI instead of ASDI

j3ly

Smash Champion
uhhh fuzz i was 1 step ahead for 80% of my tournament games. mans didn't waste any time atall, i actually looked at the laptop and got several people to play their sets o__o

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
you dont need a regular group just training mode and dedication
Maybe that works in brawl, but that doesn't work in melee AT ALL!!!!
He doesn't have experience with humans (good humans), he needs it.

i am aware that i interrupted quite a few people during their tournament games (willz, professor pro, j3ly, smakis, and fuzzyness)..... i acknowledge that my behaviour was appalling but please try to understand that i was just eager to play some games with them, but yes i was totally oblivious, and for that i am truly sorry!
I ASSURE YOU ALL THAT THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN
Yesssss please don't do that again lol....I do accept your apology as I don't hold grudges against people but you were pulling my hair while I was playing a tournament doubles set which ain't kl.

In general I don't like people pulling my hair anyway lol so yeah I know you weren't purposefully trying to do anything which would annoy people but please just refrain from doing that in the future lol.

But obviously still attempt and ask people to play games with them as you were, but just try to be more aware of what they are doing at that time and ask someone near if they are playing a tournament game.

I wanna do my shoutouts but i'm still feeling lazy lol....I will prob do them 2moro.

Deathgazer

Smash Ace

Yesssss please don't do that again lol....I do accept your apology as I don't hold grudges ................................... doing at that time and ask someone near if they are playing a tournament game.

I wanna do my shoutouts but i'm still feeling lazy lol....I will prob do them 2moro.
was that professor pro or professor friend?

Kasper!

Smash Lord
maybe that works in brawl, but that doesn't work in melee at all!!!!

Yesssss please don't do that again lol....i do accept your apology as i don't hold grudges against people but you were pulling my hair while i was playing a tournament doubles set which ain't kl.

In general i don't like people pulling my hair anyway lol so yeah i know you weren't purposefully trying to do anything which would annoy people but please just refrain from doing that in the future lol.

But obviously still attempt and ask people to play games with them as you were, but just try to be more aware of what they are doing at that time and ask someone near if they are playing a tournament game.

I wanna do my shoutouts but i'm still feeling lazy lol....i will prob do them 2moro.
loooool wat? He was pulling your hair

random much?!?!

smakis

Smash Ace

this is kinda what I have been doing the whole time I have been playing melee lol (the training mode part, oh god having a group of people to play would be so awesome)

and prof, your hair kinda provokes.....must pull feelings in practically everyone <3

mini shoutouts

tamoo for awesome housing, awesome friendlies and nervewrecking tourney matches even though i was cleeearly winning the whole time

fuzzy yet again for hosting the tournament, good stuff

prof for finally giving up that stupidly obvious friendly attitude of his and actually making his posts worth reading again (yes, i skipped all his prof friend posts <3), and fun games of course

stan/ddiz no worries man, i apologize for being a bit unfriendly at times, you caught me at bad moments (like being stupidly tired after the monthly rofl). You are definitely better than you were at sny though, keep it up.

jolteon, minus points for cp brinstar against ic, totally not cool, bonus points for almost making it backfire on you (I could hear your heart flip when I rolled out instead of rest after that lava hit =P)

alpha dash, why would you want to ban blizzobbling? learn it and **** monkey**** all over the uk faces! was a bit lame counterpicking peach but ic dittos are way too random for my tastes (corneria, seriously, wtf)

edwin, stop beating me while having arm cramps -.-, living in london would be cool, most likely wont happen though =P

wiggum, back to training mode when it comes to that sonic game roflmao

gm jack

Smash Lord
And that came off as more than slightly creepy.

Shoutouts.

Tamoo - thanks for the advice, I'll get working on less dsmash and more jab -> fair
Unreal - You've got better than when I last played you. Enjoyed the set.
Beast - Good to play another sheik. I needed the practice at the ditto
Ddiz - You've got a lot better than at sny, but you really need to focus on how you approach, because when the stuff you relies on didn't worked, you panicked and got scared.
Alpha Dash - answering a phone call and having it mid match is a pretty legitimate john. Don't worry.
Deathgazer - Enjoyed playing you again. One day I'll learn to powershield consistently...
Swizzy - Gutted I didn't get to play you. I'll try and grab you for a friendly when I next see you.
Frugs - Good to see you again. Only played you for a bit, but you've got a decent amount better over the holiday.
Jolteon - Only played you for a bit, but learned a decent amount again. Thanks a lot.

I think that's it. If I forgot anyone, sorry.

Sox

Smash Journeyman
I had a lot of fun at this. Thanks rustediron for picking me up a controller, I really appreciate that. Also, dabish(right?)- teams was a lot of fun, I feel like we got a lot better with teamwork as the day went on. Hopefully we can team again some other time. And the only other person I'll directly mention is Prof. Pro- Thanks for destroying me in my first ever tourney match in the UK. I should have asked you there, but do you have any recommendations for net time?I was that shiek you played first round.

Oh, and its Sox. I'm not sure where sockz came from. Hopefully I can make the next one as well

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
shoutouts

Fuzzy- your good
VA- your good
Pro- your pants
Edwin- your ok
J3ly/Smakis- your ok
Tamoo/Swizzy- your ok
Alpha Dash- you destroy me its unbelieveable, I definitely dont want you in a bracket you might send me to losers bracket again!!! :urg:
All else- you suck
ahhh J03 im flattered

Top Bottom