• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
Willz Says:

why would you want to **** me that's ****ing disgusting x1-12 you are a sick sick sick human being

Gantz ak-47

Smash Journeyman
seeing as once again all of OOC are not gonna be acompanying me to this event i am more than happy to organise a day for 2 crews (with a full turn out of course) to crew battle.

OOC are unstopable i want to play crew matches for large sums of money
we would win. BY FAR!

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
If I flake this, it's because I overslept.

Realtalk.

LOL

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Try to get to gants hill for about 12 and give me a text on the way if you want help getting there with me, mitsuki and another guy. Applies to anyone who needs help getting there.

Jack, you are going to be arriving VERY early fo the monthly. You only need to be there for half 1 to 2.

Guys I'm really sorry but I've decided to flake this one. I go to a lot of these Monthlies and they're great, but it costs a lot of money each time and I don't have a full time job at the moment. For the next one I'll try book as cheap as I can and I'll be there for sure.

Alex- could you tell Hoe4u that I'm not coming cos of the costs but will def try and make it up some other time to see him

gm jack

Smash Lord
We're doing a shop at gants hill Tesco first, and because of the pope's visit, we're giving a lot of room for delay. We will likely be at gants hill until 1ish.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Fuzzy
va
prof
Edwin (forfeit)
smakis/j3ly
tamoo/pms
deathgazer/wiggum/swizzy

that's as far as I know, finals were really rushed so they weren't very serious but were def funny to watch,
also huge step up from pms, was very impressed by him vs deathgazer
loved my set vs smakis, was closest my closest EVER set, and cheers for the advice swizzy, def gonna think about that a bit more, I do go for edge an awful lot, you def made me realize that. Enjoyed this a lot, will probs do a short shoutouts when I get home.

Also, so few setups, melée players gonna def hav to step it up there, were getting too complacent

Also huge props to the large number of brawlers that entered melée, bug amount of respect for you guys, I totally sucked at brawl lol

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Hey guys, thanks for helping me improve so much at this event XD Really needed that to help me in my journey on improving, I hope I helped anyone as I am really suprized I got 3rd at this event XD

THAT WILL BE MY LAST POST UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF PROFESSOR FREIND, MY NEXY POST WILL BE A SHOUTOUT AND BACK TO THE MOTHER****ING COCKY EDITION OF PROFESSOR PRO WITH PLENTY OF INSULTS AND ME AIMING STRAIGHT FOR THE PERSON'S FEELINGS TO AIM TO HURT THEM IN ANYWAY POSSIBLE!!!!!!

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I am so glad to see Prof back with the hype.

Makes these boards more enjoyable to read.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
loool Good to be back, you don't realize how much effort it actually takes to me extremely nice lol....I don't know how some people do it just by generally being like that....

Anyway i'm back to my cocky ways (I was actually being normal this event meaning cocky you will see when the videos get uploaded lol and just so people know I was actually being normal at Tamoo's house loool, we just told everyone to lie and say I was being really humble lol :bee: I tried to act like Professor Friend at Tamoo's but it's really flpping hard lol...and within the first minute before even getting to the house I failed without event realising by asking who was at the house and then saying they are getting ***** and Jolteon said 'Well that didn't last very long' loool) but since i've not been cocky for awhile it might spout of a bit violently for the next few days until the cocky equilibrium evens out :urg: loool Sorry guys :D

P.S. *** you Jo3

Wiggum

Smash Journeyman
THAT WILL BE MY LAST POST UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF PROFESSOR FREIND, MY NEXY POST WILL BE A SHOUTOUT AND BACK TO THE MOTHERFUCKING COCKY EDITION OF PROFESSOR PRO WITH PLENTY OF INSULTS AND ME AIMING STRAIGHT FOR THE PERSON'S FEELINGS TO AIM TO HURT THEM IN ANYWAY POSSIBLE!!!!!!
Good **** Prof. Don't forget to change your sig.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Shoutouts:

First of all, had a lot of fun at this, was a huge shame not enough emphasis was put on bringing setups, but was fun regardless so thanks for running this charles and alex :)

Wiggum: Was great fun having you round my place for a week, probs wouldve been hella boring otherwise. It was actually quite funny seeing how much your playstyle changed over the week into a more effective and defensive fox compared to the all guns blazing style you came to my house with. Guess that's what a week with a jiggs main does to ya. If you can adapt your style so quickly and effectively in a week and produce a good tournament result, only good things are possible in the future, def keep it up. Was sooo hard to concentrate on my match with smakis knowing that you were totally beasting j3ly on what we were practicing, so funny that it paid off! And get better at sonic bosses, the fact that you can be IWBTG is negligible compared to struggling in sonic lol

GM Jack: Lol smashdebater? Anyway, you seriously need to start taking advice if you want to improve, watch when jolteon plays, his style is very effective and is def a great example to take from. Dsmash is NOT THAT GOOD, any top level shiek main will tell you that that is def not the move worth using the most. You used it at times when it was effective, but more often than not, it wasn't, and was not the optimal option at the time. For example, jabbing jiggs when i try to shield grab you does not mean mash down smash. Look for the arial instead. Just find out when dsmash is useful by watching top level players and try to incorporate it into your style.

Warning: I really like your falcon, couple of things though, had i been a brave jiggs player (which i am most certainly am not), our matches had the potential to be like four stocks, seriously, whenever i got into a position that made falcon uncomfortable, you would always roll through and i barely punished it with anything more than a jab or dash attack cos my reactions are piss poor and something i obv need to work on but you need to find different methods of escaping pressure. Not too sure what cos i don't really use falcon but def get some advice/watch what the pros do in said situations

VA: lol im so bad against shiek :/ I really shouldn't be considering how gay jiggs should be. Also sorry bout mute, i play to win :)

Swizzy: Man ganon is a tank, took me sooo long to cotton on to the full hop dair to alternative arial, but even then, it occured to me that you could do any arial from it so i was def having a hard time countering that. Would usually give advice in shoutouts but i know jack **** bout ganon lol. Def a hard matchup that for ganon, despite what ppl may say cos of kage lol.

Smakis: I was in DISBELIEF when i lost that last stock on that last match lol! **** was sooooo tense, we're soooo incredibly level in skill its crazy, why are our matches always so closely contested. Mark my words i will get the better of you next time. One bit of advice, get rid of nana at the start of the match, your sopo is so much better! And yeah, i don't know how to help you practice blizzobbling in pressured situations, maybe just do what j3ly does and pretend your family is gonna die if you mess it up in training ;) lol

hugo: despite you admitting you didn't really have to work that hard for your good placement, you def deserve it, im really surprised by how much you've improved actually, i can honestly say i thought you'd languish in mediocrity forever ;) but good ****, something happenend in japan so i def wanna go there and see for myself what the level is like over there. And you've given me so much food for thought on how i can make jiggs so much gayer than she already is, almost on the verge of brokenness, maybe i shouldn't experiment with her powershield game, could def make her broken :/

VA, fuzzy and prof: Thanks for the thoroughly entertaining non serious finals, kinda nice to see ppl take finals not too seriously and just have fun on gay stages lol.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
fuzzy
va
prof
edwin (forfeit)
smakis/j3ly
tamoo/pms
deathgazer/wiggum/swizzy/ you effing forgot me!

that's as far as i know, finals were really rushed so they weren't very serious but were def funny to watch,
also huge step up from pms, was very impressed by him vs deathgazer
loved my set vs smakis, was closest my closest ever set, and cheers for the advice swizzy, def gonna think about that a bit more, i do go for edge an awful lot, you def made me realize that. Enjoyed this a lot, will probs do a short shoutouts when i get home.

Also, so few setups, melée players gonna def hav to step it up there, were getting too complacent

also huge props to the large number of brawlers that entered melée, bug amount of respect for you guys, i totally sucked at brawl lol

read above tamoo

Retroking2000

Smash Master
lol prof nice to have you back

i went to the doctors today and found out i have a small cases of CIDP they gave me quine pills. They work but they tend to give me headaches

shoutouts later on*

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Shoutouts:

VA, fuzzy and prof: Thanks for the thoroughly entertaining non serious finals, kinda nice to see ppl take finals not too seriously and just have fun on gay stages lol.
Derp, I play to win so I took it quite seriously, even counter picking pokefloats like a prick :) just proving that these stages should not be on

I fox ditto'd VA cause I knew his fox was rusty

anyway the reason why we ran late was cause I was relying on gary to get his computer set up and he never did, we wasted a whole hour >_>

and other people wasting time in bracket like J3ly

anyway I look forward to VA's smashfest =D

Wiggum

Smash Journeyman
shoutouts

Swizzy: next time I'm taking 2 games off you

VA: good to see you again

Hugo: A mans gotta' do what mans gotta' do

Jely: I WILL be taking you back to poke floats

Wiggum: Good **** man, you *****. ;)

and last but not least (quite the opposite in fact)

Tamoo: It was awesome living with you for a week. next time you have a free house gimmie' a call and I'll start packing my bags. Thanks for the food, the fun, the entry fee and thanks for giving me the ability to play the way I do today. Hope to see you soon. :)

P.s Sorry about not saying bye before I left, I was maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad hungry.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
loool Good to be back, you don't realize how much effort it actually takes to me extremely nice lol....I don't know how some people do it just by generally being like that....

Anyway i'm back to my cocky ways (I was actually being normal this event meaning cocky you will see when the videos get uploaded lol and just so people know I was actually being normal at Tamoo's house loool, we just told everyone to lie and say I was being really humble lol :bee: I tried to act like Professor Friend at Tamoo's but it's really flpping hard lol...and within the first minute before even getting to the house I failed without event realising by asking who was at the house and then saying they are getting ***** and Jolteon said 'Well that didn't last very long' loool) but since i've not been cocky for awhile it might spout of a bit violently for the next few days until the cocky equilibrium evens out :urg: loool Sorry guys :D

P.S. *** you Jo3
you were trying really hard :laugh: bull****. You were actually more of a prick to me at that smashfest than you usually are

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well despite how poorly i performed this tournament, i would like to say i really, really enjoyed being there, seeing its the first tournament ive been to since march.

regardless, shoutouts:
Teh-Shlurpie: as ma bestest brawl buddy, i'm absolutely stunned by your amazing placements this tournament and frankly, kudos to you for beating miller to put him into loser's it just proved the pools are your bane XD
baron-mack: well after about 10 minutes of running about tiptree cresent and getting asked by a shady guy in a car if i was after some 'stuff' i finally found you walknig around the graveyard XD regardless it was good fun teaming with you and you could become a really good player with some more work on your diddy
DNE: although i know you dont come on here, it was interesting having you with me. buuut its obvious you aren't planning on coming again
MTR: epic money match mike, its was good to win my first ever money match and im sorry for banning frigate, but i really dont want to let you go there XD regardless unlucky with your bracket, it was even worse than mine, those ic mains XD
hoe4u: what the hell is up with that pikachu, it destroys lives XD well played on beating me, to be perfectly honest i was thinknig i could win after fighting you in doubles and seemingly fare well, but obviously i was wrong XD
keith: bloody falco, why of all people did i have to get YOU in singles
dopl: epic friendlies, its good to see that-despite the horrible matchup-i can fare well vs. great olimars
miller: remember, use r.o.b vs. ice climbers, seriously you need to work on that matchup XD but still you are the true random main of the UK XD
willz: hope you enjoyed taking mnoey from me, it wasnt very nice losing it XD but seriously that falcon is legit, why have i never seen it before
fuzzy vs. tamoo: this aint melee
ixis: i never knew bowser could plank

gm jack

Smash Lord
Cheers tamoo. I have been learning a lot from jolteon etc., and I've got better in most match ups. Jiggs is so different, it still throws me off. Need to practice against you more. I'll watch my d smashing and learn the jab to fair for next time though.

Will do proper shout outs later.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
sheiks dsmash sucks, it's only good in situations where you can use it to cover a load of options at once (basically for tech chasing, when they're landing sometimes and specific edgeguards). apart from that its just laggy and begs to be punished

rustediron

Smash Lord
Ummm, shoutouts I guess

Falco Players: I lol'd.

Prof: Shame I couldn't play more games with you, I will destroy you at VA's fest though and send you back crying to your alter ego :p

VA: Just for the record, I'd like to mention I 'felt tight and nervous throughout the entire match' and... well got absolutely destroyed by your fox on FD :laugh:
I'll try and play a bit better next week, so SD more against me and it might actually be close, yeah? :D

Fuzz: Gratz on winning... again. lol. I lol'd at the up-b edgeguard on sheik though xD

Edwin: I wanted to play you but you left! Coach me dem marth skills, I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing against a lot of characters :S

Wiggum: ARRRGH.

Smakis: shame I didn't really play you at all, was jokes having you around though lol.

Jolteon: Good to see you again, less good seeing that sheik again xD

Tamoo: You suck, quit jiggs, quit smash.

Jack and Mitsuki: Good to see you again, hopefully we can get more games in Cambridge this year, and nice to mee you mitsuki :)
Definitely go to Japan at some point, it's an awesome place (though don't go for 3 months like I did, you WILL get bored xD)

Warning: →, ←, →, ← (repeat as necessary) y+z , ↓, y, ****ING KNEE THAT ROUND BALL OF PINK FLUFF HOW HARD COULD IT BE

Willz: was going to ask for an mm, but you obviously suck so I thought it would be rude so I didn't :laugh:

AD: I still want to play you, give me a heads up next time you host an OOC fest :D

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
ggs everyone. I didnt do too bad considering Ive only played smash once against humans since SNY so i was pretty out of practice, and the other times just playing level 1 CPUs and writing down notes from videos lol. Congrats to PMS for beating me TWICE in brackets lol. and I realised my abilities improve so much more after I smoke.

will do shoutouts later.

was kinda weird i had to play PMS twice, play against two sheiks straight after each other (Jolteon & Beast)and a jiggs player aswel (cong)

and yeh we definately need moar setups.

rustediron

Smash Lord
ggs everyone. I didnt do too bad considering Ive only played smash once against humans since SNY so i was pretty out of practice, and the other times just playing level 1 CPUs and writing down notes from videos lol. Congrats to PMS for beating me TWICE in brackets lol. and I realised my abilities improve so much more after I smoke.

will do shoutouts later.

was kinda weird i had to play PMS twice, play against two sheiks straight after each other (Jolteon & Beast)and a jiggs player aswel (cong)

and yeh we definately need moar setups.
LOOOOOL, that sounds well gay, you have my sympathy xD

gm jack

Smash Lord
sheiks dsmash sucks, it's only good in situations where you can use it to cover a load of options at once (basically for tech chasing, when they're landing sometimes and specific edgeguards). apart from that its just laggy and begs to be punished
I know. Tamoo pointing it out has made me realise it's a panic button to me, so I need to focus on not doing it.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
after playing brawl properly in about a year almost i really want to take it seriously again and beat cal :p

Jolteon : good seeing you again . good job on staffing this event

professor pro : LOL being nice just isnt you really nice fox haha DD waveland charged upsmash crazy lol

VA : i can definitely see improvments in your style very nice man :) good seeing you again i wanna go to your fest lol

Fuzzy : beat me in both games what can i say lol

wiggum fsmash on falcon is nasty lol good seeing you again

Calzorz : your gameplay is totally digusting you leave little openings for anyone to react too nice seeing you again though

kira : saw some of your doubles matches a little bit of your anaky match nice gameplay good to see you

anaky : nice seeing you again anaky why didnt you team with calzorz ?

cong : haha always good to talk to you / play you

CRZ : all fox :p go MK theres no justice hahaha

swizzy : nice playing with you swizzy in the tournament set i would just suggest using more tilts vs marth though + you could CC alot more of my hits then follow up other than that i like your ganondorf haha

jely : you need to get you jigglypuff to become your main character you should have went jigglypuff in doubles who cares if we would have lost earlier :p

gary : looooooooool just play smash again

unreal : good seeing you again you should have brought a energy drink loool. but why did you go falco

Hugo : saw your matches vs wiggum very nice marth play. you need to work on stuff oos but its very nice you might overtake chris / frost soon

Tamoo : good seeing you again thanks for allowing smakis to come play us. also props on recording stuff for this event

smakis : sorry about the arm camps was really slowing down the tournament but it was so strange i had it in both hands and couldnt move my index finger i had to go to the bathroom like every 10 mins lol. so painfull.but thanks for waiting and tolerating it. come move to london lol

alpha dash : good seeing you again you almost had us in teams lol

warning : haha i love the DD moonwalk tech chase you play so exciting

slurpie / the falco i played in tournament im sorry : i dont know what your name was but i would suggest that you just watch marths space between you and falco you outspeed most of my attacks.

blinky & rocky : lol in spirit

chris & frost : fate finished them

deathgazer : your so good on pokemon lol good playing you again

that lucario i played in singles : very nice playing with you

doplghost sorry i dont know your name : very close games i like your olimar haha

loool at prof vs calzorz wish i watched that

Top Bottom