• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
pretty much ^ because there was no time to do doubles with the organization, I tried once on one of the early ones but I returned everyones money. It was the one where blaze was there lol. We did doubles + singles and finished before too >.> but it could be run much better

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
This is WAY off topic but i wanna ask you guys something. I really would like to come over to yalls country(this time next summer) and i wanted to know what all do i need to do to get that done. Obviously i would be coming for smash and maybe some site-seeing(if time permits).

pretty much ^ because there was no time to do doubles with the organization, I tried once on one of the early ones but I returned everyones money.
See whilst that is all well and good, people like Calzorz and Anaky are paying good money to come down to these monthlies just to help out the scene, but if they are being denied doubles matches to at least cover their travel costs, what is the point of them even attending?

@Xyro, please do come. PLEASE, I would be happy to show you around :3
and destroy you, of course :3

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
lmao whats a bad mentality, its like me saying im gonna go to france and pay for my costs before even going

Armada went to france and didnt even win back his money from travelling coming 1st place in both

A lot of people travel and know they're not going to win, why do people try seclude themselves with their egos and statuses? Going to tournaments is fun, you try and win, if you win you get prizes but don't EXPECT to win and for the tournament to be perfect for your pockets lol

How much you spend on travel is not my concern and nothing to do with the prize pot, people are willing to only pay a certain amount to enter a tournament if this is going to be frequent therefore it has to be limited and fair for those people. Whether certain people who have a more likely chance of winning, apparently attending makes you "help the community" where as they are doing the same as everyone else..don't win enough to cover their travels is not my concern. They will have to find a cheaper way to travel, or persuade everyone else to pay higher tournament fees

Xyro77

@Xyro, please do come. PLEASE, I would be happy to show you around :3
and destroy you, of course :3
LOL destroying me will not happen(i dont lose samus dittos....ever) but i would like to meet/play the people of your country and see some things that i read about in history books.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
See whilst that is all well and good, people like Calzorz and Anaky are paying good money to come down to these monthlies just to help out the scene, but if they are being denied doubles matches to at least cover their travel costs, what is the point of them even attending?

@Xyro, please do come. PLEASE.
I havent read everything u guys have been talking about, but personally i dont care what happens, as long as Brawl Singles and Doubles is ran, i will always bring my laptop down and Me/Alex can do the brawl brackets and seeds.

Also about the doubles thing KJ u just pointed out, in my opinion we shouldnt have to rely on winning money for our travel cost, yeah were payng alot more than 90% of the ppl, but the tourney host decides what they wanna do, Fuzz can change his mind as much as he wants, it shouldnt matter to us, hes making the effort so we shouldnt complain about Entry Fees or Doubles.

lmao whats a bad mentality, its like me saying im gonna go to france and pay for my costs before even going

Armada went to france and didnt even win back his money from travelling coming 1st place in both

A lot of people travel and know they're not going to win, why do people try seclude themselves with their egos and statuses? Going to tournaments is fun, you try and win, if you win you get prizes but don't EXPECT to win and for the tournament to be perfect for your pockets lol
Whilst that is true, we are not talking on a international level here, we are talking about a UK monthly, where not everybody has the intention of just having fun at these things, but actually paying for their return + some extra.

I don't care what Armada does, or the tournaments he goes to. We =/= Armada.

LOL destroying me will not happen(i dont lose samus dittos....ever) but i would like to meet/play the people of your country and see some things that i read about in history books.
We'll see <3.

Also London is quite underwhelming, don't come here expecting to see something amazing, I assure you, that won't be the case.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
OH EM GEEE XYRO IS COMIN OOOOOOOOOOOMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG MY FAVOURITE SAMUS MAINER OMGGGG

ZAIRZAIRZAIRZAIRZAIR!!!!!!!!

*EXCITEMENT EXPLOSION*

k

anyway, people shouldn't play smash solely for money. If you do, you suck!

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I think running singles+doubles for both games is possible, unless we do pools.

Xyro77

Also London is quite underwhelming, don't come here expecting to see something amazing, I assure you, that won't be the case.
TBH ive always wanted to play smashers from another country. japan/germany/england/mars....ect and on top of that it doesnt really matter to me if i won the event or got dead last. The EXPERIENCE is what i want the most(meeting new people/seeing new things) and of course playing smash is the MAIN reason why i would want to come over there to you guys. Here is the thing though..............passport. Im pretty sure i need one and im not sure where to get one or how much it costs. Also, how long is a flight from Tx to London(for example).

OH EM GEEE XYRO IS COMIN OOOOOOOOOOOMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG MY FAVOURITE SAMUS MAINER OMGGGG

ZAIRZAIRZAIRZAIRZAIR!!!!!!!!

*EXCITEMENT EXPLOSION*
Wether you are serious or just goofin' around. THANK YOU. I gurantee you guys will not think of samus as low tier once you are done playing me. Every where i go i change peoples mind about her. Im really excited to play/meet you guys!

Jolteon

If I'm thinking straight this means half of people will only player 3 tourney matches, and 1/4 of people will only play 2

:/
Yes, a lot of people who typically drown in pools will get less matches in bracket. On the flip side, waaaaaaaaaaay more friendlies. Last time we had about 5-6 hours of friendlies etc for the brawl monthly.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I think running singles+doubles for both games is possible, unless we do pools.
We have to do pools though.....pools is what really shows who has gotten better and who hasn't.
If you lose and then lose again it is classed as you still placing, pools is the only way to show true improvement within the community.

And as much as I don't like it, Charles arguement and point is ALOT stronger then KillerJawz, he was very inconsiderate to Charles losing money and suggested in should be continued despite it costing Charels £40 per venue out his own pocket.....unless people are willing to pay a tripled venue price then I guess the two events have to be joined.

Oh well.....bigger pot lol :)

Jolteon

We have to do pools though.....pools is what really shows who has gotten better and who hasn't.
If you lose and then lose again it is classed as you still placing, pools is the only way to show true improvement within the community.

And as much as I don't like it, Charles arguement and point is ALOT stronger then KillerJawz, he was very inconsiderate to Charles losing money and suggested in should be continued despite it costing Charels £40 per venue out his own pocket.....unless people are willing to pay a tripled venue price then I guess the two events have to be joined.

Oh well.....bigger pot lol :)
Since we can't run one game (due to charles losing money), we have to choose between pools OR doubles. tbh I think doubles is as big as singles (and bigger for some people), and therefore should have priority over pools.

if people want to show their improvement, they should have more money matches.

Tamoo

Smash Master
well, tbh, money matches don't really tell anyone anything imo but that's just me

and in general, doubles > pools but pools would be cool, guess it's not a perfect world :/

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
since we can't run one game (due to charles losing money), we have to choose between pools or doubles. Tbh i think doubles is as big as singles (and bigger for some people), and therefore should have priority over pools.

If people want to show their improvement, they should have more money matches.
WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE......I'M TOTALLY THINKING UNBLACK.......I'M A DISGRACE........DOUBLES IS MORE MONEY FOR ME........RUN THE DOUBLES

I'm sorry community for my previous post of unblackness, won't be done again :(

Jolteon

WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE......I'M TOTALLY THINKING UNBLACK.......I'M A DISGRACE........DOUBLES IS MORE MONEY FOR ME........RUN THE DOUBLES

I'm sorry community for my previous post of unblackness, won't be done again :(
Go buy some kfc and redeem yourself.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
prof if your nippin KFC bring us back a bucket

EDIT: prof are you teaming with fuzz or Swizzy at gt3?
Fuzzyness....I decided I was teaming with Fuzzy officially quite awhile ago due to us having to team fro SNY and we both need the practice

But speaking of Swizzy and teaming.....

VANITY ANGEL TOLD ME LIKE 3 DAYS AGO HE ACTUALLY CAN'T MAKE THIS AND SOMETHING ABOUT HIM NOT ATTENDING ANYMORE TOURNAMENT AND HIM ALSO FEELING SLIGHTLY DEMOTIVATED BY THE EUROPEANS BEING ON HIM AND BEING GAY AND STUFF

The reason for him not being able to make GT3 was because he said he needs guaranteed money and GT3 for him is not guaranteed money so he needs to do his job thing....(which basically means he doubted his ability to take out Fuzzy like he said he was 100% sure he was gonna do lol :chuckle:) so yeah he won't be coming to this which is gay...

And no....you're not black enough to go to KFC or eat it's content.....go Burger King where you belong :mad:

J03

Smash Master
VANITY ANGEL TOLD ME LIKE 3 DAYS AGO HE ACTUALLY CAN'T MAKE THIS AND SOMETHING ABOUT HIM NOT ATTENDING ANYMORE TOURNAMENT AND HIM ALSO FEELING SLIGHTLY DEMOTIVATED BY THE EUROPEANS BEING ON HIM AND BEING GAY AND STUFF
i always had my suspicions =P

And no....you're not black enough to go to KFC or eat it's content.....go Burger King where you belong :mad:
this made me loool

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
Fuzzyness....I decided I was teaming with Fuzzy officially quite awhile ago due to us having to team fro SNY and we both need the practice
First I've heard of this... a little warning next time would be nice prof.
I can only make it for doubles anyway, so without a partner I probably won't be attending this.

J03

Smash Master
I can only make it for doubles anyway, so without a partner I probably won't be attending this.
wow thats mega gay prof, mega mega gay.

Swizzy, im supposed to be teaming with Edwin but IF he's ok with it and you come then i will happily team with you... as long as i get a few smiles thrown my way

Edwin: what do you think? its only if its the difference between swizzy coming or not. its fine either way with me

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
HUHHHHH..........How can you say that lol.
I decided to team with Fuzzy when you decided not to team with me anymore since you said precisely on the 8th June at 12:32 on facebook saying

'Just to warn you man, if GT3 does move back a weekend I'll be teaming with VA - I have a little thing called loyalty, something Fuzz needs to learn about ;)'

And VA said he was coming ALLLLL the way up to the other day which just made me think that I was teaming with Fuzzy and then me and Fuzzy started getting set to team together from when you said this so we've been mentally ready to prepare for the last month.

I've even said this on the boards quite a few times when I said that Me and Fuzz are going to get revenge on You and VA but you haven't been on to read it.....

So I didn't actually say nothing, I just kinda thought you knew since I was also talking with VA about it.

X1-12

Smash Champion
in terms of pools vs doubles, perhaps every other tourney we do pools, and the other one we do doubles? just an idea so everyone's happyish

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Well we can see how with the new numbering TV's system works with just brackets this time....and see if it finishes early then we will know that we have enough time for pools or not next time.....I dunno.

But yeah we could do pools one time and doubles next...

Kasper!

Smash Lord
hmmmm

The fuzzy who doesn't care about brawl and mocks it wants the scenes to return back together because it is hurting his pockets eh?

Mada Mada Dane

The_Rake

Smash Lord
The one thing that really pisses me off about both running simultaniously is the trolling brawlers get from the melee players. Sure it's all very polite and such at the event but when we all get back on line theres trolling again about how brawl needs to sort itself out n such at the tourney and how brawl is messing up times for melee blah blah

Top Bottom