• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Dopl, you have nothing to apologise for man, you did far better than me in the tourny, if any of us was the weak link its me, lucario is so hard to use in doubles effectively. No offence to Xatm and Harlo but we should have beaten you guys, we had a couple of sds of frigrake and we beat both in singles. Guess you guys work better as a team than we do :/
you lacked buff guys wielding golden swords, that is why you lost

The_Rake

Smash Lord
wtf, theres all this serious stuff with all these random flashes of clips of games thrown in

"NOOOOO WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!! DON'T USE THE SURFACE, YOU'LL SCRATCH IT!!!!!!!!"

Dopl-G

Smash Apprentice
Epic, is it not, Justin sucks at brawl, he mains marth, thats why, no pretty boi shall win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

X1-12

Smash Champion
Just so you know, my hosting is definitely on the 31st July I will have guarenteed 2 set-ups, probably 3

I live like 25 mins, including walking time, from Reading station via bus or train

Confirmed:
Tamoo
Crabman

Probably/Maybe:
L-J
Gm Jack + gf
Jolteon

possibly up to 2 more spaces. Anyone is welcome -

Msn me: Tristan@bunyan.com

J03

Smash Master
Just so yall know THERE IS A MASSIVE TOURNEY in august which anyone who likes smash HAS TO GO TO because its actually the most AWESOME THING UK melee smash has EVER SEEN WITHOUT EXCEPTION since i performed a sextuple knee on Bullet Bens Docs pausing for dramatic effect and it worked very well.

BOOK NOW or at GT3 by giving your money to charles, thats £23 for EVERYTHING INCLUDING A BED AND FOOD or £13 for floor space.

BOOK ASAP BECAUSE MANY PEOPLE ARE INTERESTED so we need everything UK smasher who is interested to book so we can concentrate on european interest which tbh is already very high haha

J03

Smash Master
aw man id be gutted if you cant make it =/

also does anyone still use the phrase 'aw bummer' because it can get really construed out of context these days

EDIT: ONLY 25 DAYS LEFT TO REGISTER/CONFIRM FOR SNY, please book before then otherwise itll be a big pain to sort out =)

Kasper!

Smash Lord
HOSTING ON WEDNESDAY IF ANYONE WANTS TO COME CONTACT ME

RULES
1) NO FUZZYNESS'S
2) HAVE FUN OR YOUR GOING DOWN
3) NO ARGUEING
4) IF SOMEONE IS BEING A DOUCHE IGNORE AND **** EM ASAP

i need one wii and two brawl disks which would make a total of 2 setups

contact me if you need anything else via msn

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Keith I will be attending your fest and I look forward to battling against you on the game super smash bros. melee.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Unfortunatly i cannot attend because i will be at Porffesor Pro's house playing Super Smash Bros Brawl.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
alright, gonna revive this. When do people want the next monthly? Start of September?

It's going to be joint melee + brawl again

Throwing out dates

11th September
18th September
25th September?

Might need a month break from SNY as people will be poor after for a lil bit :p

Run this say..every 1/2 months?

I was enjoying Alex being a solo brawl host, that was a superb monthly :/.

Any of those dates are fine, preferably 18th.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
it was also a superb -£40 in my pocket x2! maybe you'd like to replenish that? ^_^

Sure it was fun and all and ran well but in the bigger picture it was a bad idea, I lost money and splitting up was stupid for the community (not communities, we are a community)

We can still get melee + brawl singles and doubles running as long as we keep it organized

it was also a superb -£40 in my pocket x2! maybe you'd like to replenish that? ^_^
That's your fault, nobody elses.

Sure it was fun and all and ran well but in the bigger picture it was a bad idea, I lost money and splitting up was stupid for the community (not communities, we are a community)
We are seperate communities, and imo, it's better that way. We host regular one week smashfests for brawl now, we are much closer now tbh thanks to that split.

We can still get melee + brawl singles and doubles running as long as we keep it organized
Deja vu? It will simply be blamed on the brawlers for not bringing enough setups, then we/I will be blamed for making every match last 8 minutes/not getting matches done quick enough.

Not a good idea.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
me and alex know we can run both within the time given ^_^" Just cause he used the T.V method properly and it went on time for once you are picking on me for no reason KillerJawz so have a little more respect :s Gonna do it properly at these!

smashfests aren't tournaments, don't compare them. Meeting up at a venue, playing smash all day and competing for the best is where it's at on a UK scale.

It's generally been a bad idea for the split, way too much organization, lack of people coming to events and you call that better? we had like 30-40 brawlers before going to events CONSISTENTLY >_>

and to be fair brawlers not bringing setups is still a valid reason, stop being lazy

I highly doubt that, VERY highly doubt that. I can't recall a single time where we have had everything done within a day. I can count numerous occasions where the final pot has been split due to time constraints, or doubles have not been done at all.

I am not picking on you. You are the tournament organiser, complaints go to you and nobody else.

We hold small tournaments at the smashfests, and get interest from european brawlers (Izaw).

Yes I do call that better actually, and we had that many brawlers a VERY long time ago, that's not bring that up.

At the tourny Alex hosted, I counted 8 brawl set ups, even though there was less people. Surely that tells you something.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
look man, pipe down! me and alex are running these together, it'll run fine stop being so **** negative and pointing out things that are past lol.

Why are you the only person being negative? I'm reviving something and you're like "naw man". You wanna stick to your own local smashfests and play wi-fi all day? >_> calling that better?

I'm also trying to give the community a chance to play both games, the split was so bad >_>

the brawl tournaments have run fine in the past its just the lack of doubles and slow proceeding of the bracket which are solvable using the t.v numbering and keep checking with the bracket.

Bringing setups has nothing to do with alex being the host, its down to you guys

european interest is not my concern, people came to these events anyway randomly from europe :s My concern is to get the strong running events back

I'm the only one replying to this thread, you have not heard other brawlers opinions on this, so please don't say I'm the only one being negative.

I do hope this will work don't get me wrong, it's just, you've been a tournament host for a long time now, with both of the games participating, what exactly are you gonna do differently this time to make sure everything is ran smoothly?

Like you just said, the brackets are running slowly, but isn't it ironic that the bracket was done so early when Alex hosted that we had like 5 hours left for a BUNCH of friendlies/MMs? We had roughly 20 people turn up, that's what we were getting on average with melee/brawl together, so there really was no loss there for us, and we even had more setups, infact, I saw times where set ups wern't even being USED!.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
this has been said previously, its just that we didn't need to do it at the melee bi-weekly due to low numbers.

Alex proceeded to do it at the brawl bi-weekly even with the small numbers

so as long as its done whilst both communities and games are there it should run fine and finish on time/early

alright, gonna revive this. When do people want the next monthly? Start of September?

It's going to be joint melee + brawl again

Throwing out dates

11th September
18th September
25th September?

Might need a month break from SNY as people will be poor after for a lil bit :p

Run this say..every 1/2 months?

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
If it was just singles bracket + doubles with no pools, it would finish on time/before time. Pools take ****ing forever, which is why past monthlies never have the time to do other things. Don't forget that...

I myself prefer monthlies with both games. I have no interest in going to a tourney for 1 game and I'm sure some others think the same as well. So I approve of what Charles is doing and I look forward to the next monthly. =]

That is truthful Willz, but I have been at monthlies where it's been brackets, and doubles hasn't been able to finish.

If we still have the .tio files for the monthlies we could check through them to see it. I recall a monthly where doubles hadn't finished or wasn't started due to time constraints, really not sure which month though tbh.

Top Bottom