• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Barkingside is honestly the closest walking wise, but in terms of getting on a bus that takes you directly there Gants hill would be easier

Venue is always the same

j3ly

Smash Champion
just thought i'd let everyone know who went to bishkins that tesco crew is STILL IN SESSION, havent stopped since saturday.

4 smashfests in 4 days now, i had alot of people over. my mum thought some of the random ones stole our sat nav xD but it was in the car. she was adamant that one of my friends stole it, i showed no interest in that theory atall

and the smashfest goes ON, ON until 2mo then a little break... then tesco will vacate themselves to walthamstow, ready for the tournament. i went home to sleep, goin back to our tescofest <3

VA

Smash Hero
Good luck to everyone for this. I hope you all do your best and get the positions you deserve.

Sorry I can't be there :( I have been in secret smash training for some time now, I will emerge after the summer as something new. When I next attend a UK event, you'd better be worried...

VA

Smash Hero
What? I thought you quit already. It's not a silly comment because after I'm back from this summer people will need to watch out. Duh.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
can everyone please bring setups on saturday, if you have one just bring it! no excuses cause we got enough t.vs :D

If not im definitely gonna cringe

VA

Smash Hero
hes painfully singling me out for singling him out, its painful
Try to look less into what I'm saying as things aimed at doing stuff. I just made a passing comment there that needed no response from you. And you said painful twice in your post, lern maor vocabz.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I've got PAL Brawl now so I can bring that as well if it would help
How would bringing brawl to a melee tournament help at all stupid benny boy.
That's like bringing a black member to the KKK and then saying 'does that help'

Bring melee or bring nothing.

You're so dumb.

Try to look less into what I'm saying as things aimed at doing stuff. I just made a passing comment there that needed no response from you. And you said painful twice in your post, lern maor vocabz.
looool

The response of a hurt feeling.

VA

Smash Hero
eurghhh whatever joe. ask yourself who got into this, and who's not listening to who.

simple fact is it was fine until you said something silly about charles, which you tried to turn into something innocent and friendly. if you'd said, yeah it was a bit outrageous that to say charles could beat mango, then we'd all have moved on. regardless it's nothing to quit over. I said what I needed to say in order to defend my point, if you think I've made a bad point then tell me. doesn't need all this emotion over getting called stupid (which I never did, I said what you were saying was based on bad logic).

J03

Smash Master
Ok .

EDIT: robby just drop it please, i want to and i hope you do too. if your going to have a problem with everything i post then thats your right but i have no real problems with you with i care to publically discuss...anymore =P

flamekid

Smash Cadet
so whos coming to this? any outside londoners coming? :D aside southampton lol, leicester?
Fuzzy, I'm hoping to attend the Brawl Tournament in July and I'm travelling from Dorset. :ohwell:
Hopefully the train journey isn't too long.. I don't even know which train to take yet lol.

J03

Smash Master
my gf parents lives in dorset so when we go see her folks we travel through london to see them. Just grab the train heading Southampton way, its like a straight line to London lol.

i would REALLLLLLYYYY recommend booking in advance because its just sooo much cheaper, like £50 on the day compared with a tenner in advance lol, once in London grab the tube towards towards Barkingside (if its at Charles venue) which is £4 w/o an oyster card or about £3 with one

EDIT: if you wanna play smash you gotta learn to travel

VA

Smash Hero
he sounds willing to travel but inexperienced in it. welcome to smash, the travel is part of the experience, it's sort of fun.

VA

Smash Hero
well all of it is true except for the fun part. I like that smash involves travelling, I don't think it would be the same otherwise. I do resent the 9 hours car journeys and 6 hour train trips alone I've made to get to tournaments, but it wouldn't be the same if it were just round the corner. I dunno. It adds something for me.

But yeah it's totally **** on the other hand too xD

Tamoo

Smash Master
anybody in london possibly able to house me sat night (and maybe poss friday night? although not necessary)?

Also charles, do you have any spare gcubes floating around? If so, dyou reckon i could borrow one until gt3 and return it then? Really have no way to practice anymore :(

Top Bottom