• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

FanDemZ

Smash Apprentice
@Yen Yea I haven't had a chance to meet up with Zunari as i've had way too much work on. I will do though as i know he's good. Can't make the 1st as im not finished exams til 4th!

@Prof Sounds sik, i'll shout at him on the fone tomoz to get those vids up. Na i've not played bishkin in over a month and I know he's gotten better even in that short time. I do tend to do very well against him but I think thats partly because i know how he plays and also because he hates playing jiggz. I am a little worried that he's starting to get good with peach though... Thing is, I don't really strive to be the best, I just love beating Bishkin so him getting better just forces me to adapt and improve my game!!!

VA

Smash Hero
Wow I can't wait for vids.

Just to let everyone know beast is getting actually good now. He's consistent which was his biggest problem before.

I find it difficult to accept that Bishkin has stepped up loads, so I look forward to playing him soon. And good to hear prof practicing :)

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Understanding competitive play in his case (From one of the best in the world at Mario Kart DS/Wii to Smash) doesn't help that much imo lol.
But yeah they have taken my route of getting good, which was just get really good a tech skill and then just pick up things really easily from there....and it seems to be working for them, very well lol.

I dunno.....where does that put you lol, have you play Bishkin lately out of curiousity?

I had some REALLLLLY good games with Swizzy which got recorded....quite alot of matches got recorded.
I went falco against Swizzy in two sets and the matches were actually REALLY good, looking forward to seeing them...and there was one REALLY jokes one on the third set where I went fox and J3ly and Alpha Dash were commentating and were arguing with each other lol....it's to hard to explain, it's just one of them things you have to hear

Edit - Oh yeah and of course I won every set lol :).....but the quality of games is the important thing and Me vs Swizzy tbh were prob some of the most interesting sets that day........
what fest was this?

Tamoo

Smash Master
Fandemz, don't worry about peach seriously, if i go up to loughborough next year, i will teach you that matchup cos it's soooo easy.

and judging from recent vids ive seen, bishkin and unreal really have stepped up in recent months, can't wait to play them again actually.

bishkin and unreal, £1 mm my anything but jiggs vs ur anything?

Also fuzzy low tier mm!? We've always planned to do it but never get round to it and i wanna show how scrubby that yoshi really is!

Bishkin

Smash Apprentice
I'll accept that Tamoo, this time I'll probably go all falco though. Maybe peach if I need to cop out lol.

First few vids up, more are on the way:

J3ly vs Alpha Dash:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSuMwu0KgC4

Bishkin vs Prof (personal favourite lol):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsMmQBmlNwY

Swizzy vs Prof p1 (pure commentary gold):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO9eJJFj0jc
Also sweet turnout yesterday, cheers for coming everyone. Was crucial for me what with the tourney around the corner!

lol that was meant to be an edit

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Understanding competitive play in his case (From one of the best in the world at Mario Kart DS/Wii to Smash) doesn't help that much imo lol.
But yeah they have taken my route of getting good, which was just get really good a tech skill and then just pick up things really easily from there....and it seems to be working for them, very well lol.
This is true.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Don't be toooo happy at Me vs You Bishkin loool.

I was actually incredibly tired as it was like 12am and wasn't paying attention......but next time I will play you to show you how the result would REALLLY go lol....either way you have improved though.

Bishkin

Smash Apprentice
Don't be toooo happy at Me vs You Bishkin loool.

I was actually incredibly tired as it was like 12am and wasn't paying attention......but next time I will play you to show you how the result would REALLLY go lol....either way you have improved though.
I'm not making any outrageous claims that I'm as good as you cos I took a couple of games, I'm just happy that I was able to keep up and not **** up too much.

And I was tired too mate, remember we'd both been playing for like 8 hours straight! So no excuse there really lol.
Just face the fact that you just couldnt handle me at points, and tired or not you are supposed to be Professor Pro of the UK! You should be able to 4 stock me with your eyes closed!

So in conclusion I am better than Prof :O

Prof Pro vs Swizzy 3 p2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dwIEUderIM

Btw I was in fact taking the piss in the above statement(s) ^^

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
looool YHHHH YHHHH YHHHH....I know you played good and you've improved anyway so I really do congratulate you on that lol.......

But a '*** you' from me has to always be added in there somewhere lol :bee:

J03

Smash Master
my god alpha dash on the mic is toooooooo funny, blates has to commentate events. his banter with j3ly and co was hilarious times.

where is the cloud now pro, WHERE IS THE CLOUD >=O

lol

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
lol those vids are too good

prof you should main falco :/

also swizzy good ****!

j3ly + alpha dash commentary XD

"fuzz don't count he's a cyborg" ahaha

VA

Smash Hero
Prof could be one of those cool players that mains fox and falco. I always wanted to be one of them :(

Gantz ak-47

Smash Journeyman
prof could be one of those cool players that mains fox and falco. I always wanted to be one of them :(
that falco is garbage!!!! Once u grab it, it falls apart. And alpha crap dash what the hell was u doing in those matche's. Man u guys are wastes!! Why is it that im always surrunded by idiots!!!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
that falco is garbage!!!! Once u grab it, it falls apart. And alpha crap dash what the hell was u doing in those matche's. Man u guys are wastes!! Why is it that im always surrunded by idiots!!!
WHATTTT.....What is this fantasy world you live in. I destroy you every time I play you and then I looked into your eyes and say 'NO IMPROVEMENT' cos that's what I see FROM YOU!!!

And I might THINK about taken up Falco as a more serious secondary since I would never really take him out in a tournament but let's just see lol.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
BTW Bishkin, any chance you can help advise us where to get an easy cap or whatever equipment you are recording with.

JUst cos me and Alpha Dash play kinda regularly and it would just be nice to get some stuff recording since toooo many good stuff happens which is missed.

And thanks for uploading all the videos, I hope me labelling the matches when they got recorded made it alot easier for you lol

Tamoo

Smash Master
ive been working and revising quite a bit, but will be back in full swing in july

will be going to the tournament next week though

recently, well the last two times i played smash was with george and they were actually pretty awesome matches and some of it got recorded but never really upped :/ Im probs a bit stale now

Bishkin

Smash Apprentice
BTW Bishkin, any chance you can help advise us where to get an easy cap or whatever equipment you are recording with.

JUst cos me and Alpha Dash play kinda regularly and it would just be nice to get some stuff recording since toooo many good stuff happens which is missed.

And thanks for uploading all the videos, I hope me labelling the matches when they got recorded made it alot easier for you lol
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EzCAP-116-eas...ting_Software_Software_SR&hash=item19bca642cc

+ you need a splitter, this is pretty much the 1 I got:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2M-AV-AUDIO-C...uting_CablesConnectors_RL&hash=item4cef32c04d

Bishkin

Smash Apprentice
I don't think I got it from that particular distributor but as long as it comes with or you can get hold of the driver then thats all you need. Then you just download VirtualDub for free and you're good to go

I think mine came with a dodgy disc so I could install the driver but couldn't install the software that comes with it, but VirtualDub works perfectly. Doesn't get the weird thing that happens with Dazzle where you need 2 programs to get the signal through, and you can set to capture sound either from the ezcap or a microphone, tis sweet :)

Oh yeh VirtualDub is like 4mb, downloads ridiculously quickly from download.com

flamekid

Smash Cadet
Hey, I need to ask something.
Firstly, is the venue always the same? (TipTree Community Hall)
And Secondly, what train station is the closest to the venue? because i'll most likely have to travel by train to get there.
I'm planning on coming for the Brawl element in July, so I just want to be over-prepared for every outcome. lol.

Top Bottom