• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

j3ly

Smash Champion
Prof I think you are the best smasher in history, I have always thought of this since day 1 when I started playing smash but i was too stubborn to admit it, Now i have built up enough courage to admit this.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
where we went to there was **** all to do

there was like.. a carnival, and a pub.. lol. also a place that looked like a brothel but I didnt want to check lmao

/e omg ****ing birthday party on sat I can't make Connor's gdsbgjsdkgsdgvnkjbdsigjbsdkg

j3ly

Smash Champion
dude i set that to sean the daaaay after u left it at mine. came with a zut on the side too :)
you guys are comming GT2 right? you guys team, and me and deathgazer are teaming. The 2 Tesco Teams wana wana

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
lol it's not my fault that people host both bdays and smashfests on sat :(

besides last time I flaked was because I couldnt find the house >.>

j3ly

Smash Champion
no pro, i fbraped deathgazer :D

Shoutouts to Bishkin and Deathgazer for comming to my smashfest

Bishkin - either you or smashysmashy gets the award for most improved. Your starting to look like a proper falco now, clearly spent the hours practising alone in the dark :o it shows though, i think you could have a chance at upsetting a few good players in brackets. Less fsmash!! the roll reads are good but i feel you throw too many of these out at shields, a fatal mistake near the edge against people like me who are gnna backthrow and try to read your jump.

Deathgazer - Some technical falco as always, i feel that your recovery lets you down alot. if your opp is at the edge you allllways jump and side B onto the platform above, admittedly i didnt punish well enough often enough, but towards the latter part of the evening you were loosing at least 1 stock from fsmashing my shield near the edge per game, and getting gimped shortly afterwards

Unreal - you didnt come, but thankyou for donating your dazzle until GT2! many good hours of play will be recorded on that between now and then, good **** thankyou.

Vids on the way, i have free time on wednesday, but ill probably be seeing my friends then so ill have to see. At any rate id like them up by the end of the week, there were some awesome clips.

j3ly > deathgazer

j3ly 4 pres

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Deathgazer recovery has always been predictable and it's pretty annoying to see, he just overestimates the safety of doing a forward B cos it isn't safe at all, esp when you do it all the time.

VA

Smash Hero
Forward B is not very usable. It's scary unsafe most of the time, up B at certain distances is very very good. You can close the options on it though but at least that makes your opponent be really decent. The control in the Up B is often underestimated too.

VA

Smash Hero
ufail. period. but no, you're right. I have a massive issue with falco's recovery. I think it's atrocious.

FlyCondor

Smash Cadet
Alrighty hope you guys are still up for this saturday, details and attendees so far:

Date: 6th of March:
Location: South west London, Putney (Stations: East Putney on District Line, Putney on Overland)
Host number: FlyCondor AKA Conor: 07957111652
Game: Melee

Confirmed

Myself
Bishkin
jjlinyard
Deathgazer
j3ly

Maybe:
Fandemz
Retroking2000 (Sephiroth right?)

Less then I hoped, but oh well.

Bishkin

Smash Apprentice
Cheers for the respect j3ly, as long as you upload the match where I whipped out those 2 clinical pillar combos on deathgazer on FD I will be happy lol.

But yeh we had some good games, thanks for having me over man. Fun times

j3ly

Smash Champion
im going to be up for atleast another 2 hours doing this work =/ gdammit my drive to play smash, allbeit on a laggy TV instead of keeping to coursework deadlines!

FlyCondor

Smash Cadet
Flycondor - I would be going to this if you didn't do it on the exact date I was going to Southampton to play Bullet Bill lol.

Ben - Speaking american loool :confused:
Its cool, bad timing on my behalf.

I'll probably do more of these so you'll get to see Casa Condor eventually.

@ Retro Edwin TOS blah blah too many names that I remember from my old account.

j3ly

Smash Champion
i want play melee :(

tv brothers room in :(

to be done has to coursework :(

until up probably 3 :(

want upload to smashfest from vids :(

.... must.... complete.... work.... total.... freedom.... imminent.... want to go out.... so much.... smoke and smash.... guarenteed.... lift back to my.... house... :(

aaaarghhh!! :(

Top Bottom