• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

VA

Smash Hero
You won the fox ditto set 3-1 as well. The first ones I made quite a few mistakes and wasn't very pleased with, but the last set was way more fun although I think you weren't playing as well maybe.

But I wasn't really trying to win I wanted to draw it out for entertainment, if I wanted to win I wouldn't have gone marth dreamland xD

FlyCondor

Smash Cadet
Cool vids Bish.

Alrighty, those interested so far in a Minihfest at my house on the 6th of March:

Myself
Bishkin
Jolteon (aka TC aka Alex right?)
jjlinyard
Deathgazer

Maybe:

Fandemz.

I probably wont bother if I dont get at least 10 confirmed (of which you can guaranty 2 wil drop out lol), so sign up and confirm your interest people. Location is Putney, Southwest London. Game: Melee.

J03

Smash Master
watched va vs pro.

pro looked like he just got more comfortable and more clean in the 2nd match. might have been a gg if robby hadnt sd'd like a champion =P. although aaron i dont see a point in Shine-ooS if you dont follow it up, especially when you get it so consistantly as you do.

robby: never seen a peach approach with the upair much, hope it works out for ya. seems pretty nice when it hits and it aint got much lag so its all good. in the first match you seemed to stay away and not do much at all. like no camping turnips just standing there, i dunno if it was a serious match like.

VA

Smash Hero
there is point in OoS shine, it totally interrupts the other player on frame 1? You don't have to waveshine out of it and hit them. It's still really good to just move yourself away.

they were only semi serious and I tend to just watch the other player someties xD

J03

Smash Master
=o sorry robby i didnt iterate myself properly. obv SooS is great for breaking pressure i just meant becasue he is so consistant at SooS and staying on the floor he should work on following it up with WD w/e. i saw a few situations where SooS without following it up wasnt particaularly useful compared to say upsmash-ooS.

im just splitting hairs i guess but tbh im just tryna help =)

EDIT: robby jump on msn if you get a sec, wanna talk about your peach lots ^_^

Retroking2000

Smash Master
gazer doing the bombsoldier dair 2 good

@ flycondor
how far is your house from putney ?

@ VA always a pleasure to watch your peach.

@ Prof your fox got more consistent oos is amazing how fast you link it.

Nice videos guys

why doesnt no one talk to me about smash lol ?

FlyCondor

Smash Cadet
gazer doing the bombsoldier dair 2 good

@ flycondor
how far is your house from putney ?

@ VA always a pleasure to watch your peach.

@ Prof your fox got more consistent oos is amazing how fast you link it.

Nice videos guys

why doesnt no one talk to me about smash lol ?
Its in Putney, about 15 minutes walk from East Putney and 10 minutes from the overland Putney station (walking). Clarendon Drive if you want to look it up.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
watched va vs pro.

pro looked like he just got more comfortable and more clean in the 2nd match. might have been a gg if robby hadnt sd'd like a champion =P. although aaron i dont see a point in Shine-ooS if you dont follow it up, especially when you get it so consistantly as you do.
When I was Shining OOS and I didn't follow it up it was never on purpose lol.
Everytime I did it it was just a failure tech skill error on my behalf. I would never do it and not follow it up with anything on purpose lol.

I think it was partially nerves cos im usually very consistent in it.

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
prof when you Shiine OOS do you alternate between the 2 shield buttons e.g. R to sheild then L to wavedash? cos i swear my right fingers as they never use R feel sooo akward haha :(

Aiko

Smash Champion
JJ watched your vids!! was pretty impressed. looked like a real fox, rather than the scrubby HSAM stuff i was expecting!!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
prof when you Shiine OOS do you alternate between the 2 shield buttons e.g. R to sheild then L to wavedash? cos i swear my right fingers as they never use R feel sooo akward haha :(
Nope I use L for EVERYTHING and I literally never even touch the R button lol.

So yeah it is VERY possible to sheild with L and then wavedash with L...you just press it twice lol and you don't even have to press it at some mega fast speed cos if you can wavedash out of sheild with L then you should be able to shine out of sheild and wavedash with L with just a bit of practice.

j3ly

Smash Champion
i just watched every vid, i looks forward to ****** the shiz outta JJL and smashysmashy
adrian you pum what a way to represent team tesco, those matches were the worst ive ever seen u play! your style of play was never totally reading and counter based but cmon man those matches were stuuuupid

alpha dash commin in strong with the IC's, shame your falcon got ***** ill show you how to do it when we next meet. hint = grab

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
JJ watched your vids!! was pretty impressed. looked like a real fox, rather than the scrubby HSAM stuff i was expecting!!
thanks man trynna step it up, the whole crew is getting better was gonna get some vids done between us but my step dad broke my equipment :( waiting on the replacement.

Nope I use L for EVERYTHING and I literally never even touch the R button lol.

So yeah it is VERY possible to sheild with L and then wavedash with L...you just press it twice lol and you don't even have to press it at some mega fast speed cos if you can wavedash out of sheild with L then you should be able to shine out of sheild and wavedash with L with just a bit of practice.
ahhhh whenever i tried wavedash out of shield with L it was odd found it much easier with R however when am i ever gonna naturally think to press R to shield in a match when i do everything normally with L :S oh well ill work on it :)

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
JJlinyard- I can wavedash out of sheild easily. the way I do it is to sheild with L but then when you have to wavedash press the L button the rest of the way down. this should still do a wavedash

j3ly

Smash Champion
hold on lets break this down
you wouldent have said aaaanything had i not mentioned anything, you are a convicted troll, the fact that you are putting me down denotes you think im atleast OK because there would be no need otherwise. SO this leads me to believe that YOU do not hold any confidence in the statements you just produced.

regardless, i have absolute confidence in my own abilities as usual, and understand that for you to see the inevitable truth you will need to see me bombard through this fool with your own eyes

and excuuuuse me, j3ly > deathgazer for a loong time dude. literally from day! sorry to post that online where everybody can see it which im not about, but yeah its the actual truth.

MM jjl?

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
although i must admit when thinking about a match between us i would have to first look upon the fact i have little to no experience in the match-up and with the likelieness of my character being played in a tournament i expect you to know the match-up better than your own balls, so this leaves me expecting you to be able to win however your confidence in your own ability leads me to believe you are left too blind to realised your competitior's ability. This added to my own confindence in my rate of improvement and ability at the moment leads me to the conclusion that no matter what, I will F*ck you up, without consent..... how much we talking tho cos real talk i be broke and man needs some P lol

j3ly

Smash Champion
Marth ditto id take you on for any amount of money its up to you, or does you *** still hurt after last time

fox mario / fox falcon, id be cool with a 5er i guess

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
hold on lets break this down
you wouldent have said aaaanything had i not mentioned anything, you are a convicted troll, the fact that you are putting me down denotes you think im atleast OK because there would be no need otherwise. SO this leads me to believe that YOU do not hold any confidence in the statements you just produced.

regardless, i have absolute confidence in my own abilities as usual, and understand that for you to see the inevitable truth you will need to see me bombard through this fool with your own eyes

and excuuuuse me, j3ly > deathgazer for a loong time dude. literally from day! sorry to post that online where everybody can see it which im not about, but yeah its the actual truth.

MM jjl?
Awww silly Mario player getting upset from a few '>' signs looool.

My work here is done.

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
lol i hate marth dittos :( truth tho that was **** in that very competitive friendly :)
your falcon would get *****. your best bet is mario if u wanna keep your money, ill leave the choice to you , you know keep me on my toes init :p but kl ill put my next £5 to a side just for you.

j3ly

Smash Champion
Awww silly Mario player getting upset from a few '>' signs looool.

My work here is done.
when you say something the scrubs tend to take it as golden fact, whereas i know your word (online) is worth about as much as one of those fresh, warm, smoking turds my dog squeezes out every morning.

j3ly

Smash Champion
jj, we shall see, we shall see.
if you think that was me playing competitive.. again dude we shall see, we shall have to see :) your simple *** fox is naught

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
when you say something the scrubs tend to take it as golden fact, whereas i know your word (online) is worth about as much as one of those fresh, warm, smoking turds my dog squeezes out every morning.
lol Awww being worried about the scrubs, I guess people get worried about what their kind think of them :confused:

And did you take the description of your Mario and pin it on me :confused:

j3ly

Smash Champion
seeee

everything you say is a false statement

and noooo the only reason i started posting was to spruce up the boards a little, get some melee trashtalkin HYPe11

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I'm better then you, and you're never get far or even close to my level using a crap character like Mario.

I just thought I would add some sheer reality in there, mainly for the lulz here and there.

j3ly

Smash Champion
fuzzy beats you with mario
ive seen it
not comparing myself to fuzzy or anything
didnt even need to see it to believe it myself

but not only can it be done, it has been done, and will be done
/time to sleep dude end of trolling

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
looool The scrubs are really out tonight aren't they.
You gotta love their comments.

You sure have a bad insight on this game, it's pretty obvious that the knowledge and information you think you have about this game

you don't.

But noobs don't listen, comes along with being a noob in the first place I guess :confused: and the delluded ones are the worst :urg:

So enjoy delludedville until you realize the truth, the road you are going on now is one of the happiest moments so treasure it while you're not at the reality phase.

Gantz ak-47

Smash Journeyman
I'm better then you, and you're never get far or even close to my level using a crap character like Mario.

I just thought I would add some sheer reality in there, mainly for the lulz here and there.
rude.. nice matches by the way prof.

VA

Smash Hero
A while ago that would have not been so much, but now it's nearly £200. Nice work Charles, remember when you thought people called you the pound? No one ever did but we could start now....lol

Mario is equal with fox on some stages I heard, but he's still ****.

Top Bottom