• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
I still use X for everything, including multishine as I found my own way of doing it

um.. But I use L for shielding tho cause its easier to wavedash outa shield using L and X+R to wavedash

j3ly

Smash Champion
so do any fox mains have any problem waveshining outta shield?

i got that down before tamoo started ****** chrisboi :s

also who jumps after a shine? i dont see why you would want to jump outta it unless your opp is consistently downcanceling the shine and smashing you

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
claw helps, or just be like me and change your hand position for certain situations..get used to it over time

like how I do u airs sometimes with falcon lol, or the weird **** I do with fox

J03

Smash Master
you jump out of shines that you dont expect to hit or sometimes against shields, like against peach coz she loves to nair lol.

for the most part its a bad habit imo

I use Z to cancel everything, its the ****, **** the shoulder buttons there for whimps, i dont even LIKE sheilding anyway!

j3ly

Smash Champion
fuzzy u do claw with uairs for falcon right? all the speed of the control stick without risking that 2nd jump. 0 momentum to full momentum suupah fast

VA

Smash Hero
so do any fox mains have any problem waveshining outta shield?

i got that down before tamoo started ****** chrisboi :s

also who jumps after a shine? i dont see why you would want to jump outta it unless your opp is consistently downcanceling the shine and smashing you
ever watched a fox player called Silent Wolf.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
j3ly fuzzy does that n64 stuff with his falcon ( mario requires those gay upairs learn from him )

i used to claw when i started i remember frozenwave saying come look at this guy
i still can claw till this day but it looks ******** and ppl laugh at me XD
my fox was pretty amazing lies lol

fuzzy once did jab jab jab upair knee to me

little did he know i poured some blueberry on his controller

VA : do you have msn now ?

Tamoo

Smash Master
You live anywhere in particular in Europe?

And i believe the next one is actually Smash GT2 which is a national, unless VA cooks something up in brighton or something :/

VA

Smash Hero
Lame I know since I've banged on about it for ages but here's the actual definition of 50/50.

The ideal definition of a solid tactic is a 50/50 mixup wherein both options are equally damaging, equally safe, favorable to your position over the opponent’s, and designed such that no single defensive maneuver counters both options. There aren’t many perfect examples out there, but three characters immediately come to mind: ST Vega, CvS1 Nakoruru, and MvC2 Magneto.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Robby that seems like it's defining an ideal tactic (where the 50/50 has equal rewards), not what the 50/50 itself is.

Jolteon

I dunno, the way it's worded makes me think it's defining a solid tactic.

Lame I know since I've banged on about it for ages but here's the actual definition of 50/50.

The ideal definition of a solid tactic is a 50/50 mixup wherein (i.e., to differentiate between a normal 50/50) both options are equally damaging, equally safe, favorable to your position over the opponent’s, and designed such that no single defensive maneuver counters both options. There aren’t many perfect examples out there, but three characters immediately come to mind: ST Vega, CvS1 Nakoruru, and MvC2 Magneto.

j3ly

Smash Champion
in which case this whole argument has been totally pointless cos everybody was defining 50/50 in a different way! The kind that fuzz was referring to was you have a 50% chance of hitting the opponent, with the worst outcome being 0%

that shudda been kinda obvious :/

VA

Smash Hero
The normal 50/50 is not ideal because in actuality there are more than 50/50 options. You have to force your opponent into the situation where it becomes a 50/50, definitely not applicable to Falcon's recovery where whoever is edgeguarding has many more options and will not be put into the 50/50 situation.

I said how I was defining 50/50 on numerous occasions! Depsite the fact that basically I was referring to mixup 50/50 and everyone else was referring in a sort of mixed up way to a normal 50/50.

Anyway, let's just leave it now? I have it in my mind how it works and I'm certain Falcon can't put any characters in a 50/50 when they are on stage and he's not xD

Jolteon

Well, me and robby had a chat about it on MSN and clarified it. I don't see what was wrong with the discussion tbh Ben.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
It's gay, long and useless and all started from Charles saying some bull**** like

'I was doing 50/50 and 30/30/30 recoveries so it was hard for VA to edgeguard me' when really it was just VA edgeguarding bad and not covering alot of options or takin advantage of the opporuinites he got.

Take it to msn and finish it on msn :).

VA

Smash Hero
it's Gay, Long And Useless And All Started From Charles Saying Some Bull**** Like

'i Was Doing 50/50 And 30/30/30 Recoveries So It Was Hard For Va To Edgeguard Him' When Really It Was Just Va Edgeguarding Bad And Not Covering Alot Of Options Or Takin Advantage Of The Opporuinites He Got.
Qft .

J03

Smash Master
okies, where all tired of this 50/50 shiz so hopefully this can get sorted concisely =P

Some of the platform **** massively reduces your opponents options. i.e. if i upthrow a fox (in a ditto) onto a platform, then its surely a 30/30/30. I DO NOT MEAN a 50/50 in the same way as in other gamse where its a perfect situation as smash always has to account fro human error anyways.

anyway, there about to land. They can either tech, or not tech. If they dont tech they can either getup/attack quickly or wait and then do it.

i can either guess that they will tech and get on the platform with them and grab/smash (count it as just one option)
OR
guess that they will NOT tech and get up attack and double jump and fall on them
OR
outwait a getupattack/getup and wait beneath them.

Jolteon

It's different from what Robby was saying.

A normal 50/50 is when you have 2 options to choose and depending on what your opponent guesses, you either get punished or you don't. Regardless of which, you get out of it (which is the key difference).

The "mix-up 50/50" that VA described to me that was using the Claw example is different. They still have to guess which option you will take, but the difference is that if they guess incorrectly, the situation is reset back into the 50/50 mix-up (hence why he was calling it the "ideal tactic"). If your opponent guesses correctly, he still escapes though.

Joe, your example isn't quite what Robby was saying. If you guess correctly you merely tack on percent (and therefore have to work to get the opponent back into a bad position again), with a 30/30/30 mix-up you will reset them back into a bad position for guessing correctly, meaning that you can theoretically do this until death (it also means that it requires no effort at all to get them in a bad situation again after guessing correctly).

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I don't wanna add on to this boring discussion but throwing someone onto a platform isn't 30/30/30.

Cos it depends on your positioning of the character AND which way the opponent DI's and surely if it was gonna be a percentage (which it ain't) it would be 25/25/25/25 due to you not teching, teching in the same spot, or tech right or left.
And even in that case it isn't 25/25/25/25 cos there are tooooo many variables in smash to bring it down to that.

DONE!

VA

Smash Hero
i Don't Wanna Add On To This Boring Discussion But Throwing Someone Onto A Platform Isn't 30/30/30.

Cos It Depends On Your Positioning Of The Character And Which Way The Opponent Di's And Surely If It Was Gonna Be A Percentage (which It Ain't) It Would Be 25/25/25/25 Due To You Not Teching, Teching In The Same Spot, Or Tech Right Or Left.
And Even In That Case It Isn't 25/25/25/25 Cos There Are Tooooo Many Variables In Smash To Bring It Down To That.

Done!
Qft !

Top Bottom