• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash to the Future on hiatus for the summer!

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
i also got trained by the good players down here

edit: down there, forgot i'm back

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
wow, lot of interest brewing. i hope the johns don't flow in last minute tho.

can't wait to see the improvement fellas. something tells me it'll be a good tourny

Kels88

Smash Lord
i also got trained by the good players down here

edit: down there, forgot i'm back
I look forward to see what you've learned while down there. And honestly i might lose this. lol i think some people's drive to beat me is stronger than my drive to win. So i might slip up on this one. But it would be amazing if Big D vs. Ray was GF

Kels88

Smash Lord
its definitely possible. i don't have the drive to get better that i used to have. once i started winning the game became less fun because i always feel like i have to win.

alcheato

Smash Ace
Holy ****in hype! Ray Chun and The Big Dizzle are going?! Can't wait to see how you guys play now.

slomo431

Smash Ace
wow, lot of interest brewing. i hope the johns don't flow in last minute tho.

can't wait to see the improvement fellas. something tells me it'll be a good tourny
Yo Ray you more free the weekend of the 21st or 28th? I was thinking I might come back the 28th weekend instead now that I know there's a tournament and I figure you probably want that first weekend with your family anyway. How long are you in the country?

I don't think I've played since like the last time you came back but my fox will be ready for ya.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Ray we should switch residencies. I wouldn't mind living in korea and practicing sc2 on the KR ladder, hanging out with HuK, IdrA and NaNi and going down the the Seoul studio every day to watch the GSL live

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
you would love it. these dudes are nuts about SC and they take it really seriously.

i'm both glad and disappointed in smash out here. i have a lot on my plate right now and smash is waaay down on the priorities , as it should be since it's just a game. and i'm the best smasher out here for now.

but it sucks, cuz melee isn't nearly as fun as it used to be. i miss learning stuff about the game.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
How long you planning on living there? In a few years I might just visit. Already started learning the language ^^

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Well I don't see myself getting there before late 2013 or 2014 at the earliest. Once im out of college and hopefully makin' the big bucks.

Tink

Smash Hero
lolll....mw doesnt suck 0_o....if kelly woudlve went to that, he woudlve done very well.....javi didnt do anything i havnt seen kels do in his sleep :/(skill wise).

alcheato

Smash Ace
lolll....mw doesnt suck 0_o....if kelly woudlve went to that, he woudlve done very well.....javi didnt do anything i havnt seen kels do in his sleep :/(skill wise).
lol Javi's waaaay better than any Midwest Fox. I <3 MW Smash and all but our top players rarely travel to nationals and don't usually place anywhere near top 10 when they do. Kels did great at Pound 5 but that's pretty much it.

Tink

Smash Hero
thats around the time kels got national level good tho.....just because he hasnt gone to another national, doesnt mean that placement wouldnt happen again.

also, really? javi wasss good, dont get me wrong, but he wouldnt win in the MW with all our pros....his tech skill was impressive, but his mindgames were less then impressive :/. mw is more of a mindgame region then anything else....we have alottt of char that would be plentyyy foreign to a fox.....go look at who he had to play(impressive players), but all very standard top tier.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
i'm with tink, i think javi got a bit lucky and that he wouldn't run thru MW that easily.

shroomed seems like the scary one. he lost to 1st and 2nd and somehow got 7th.

Tink

Smash Hero
ya, i mean, im not saying javi isnt amazing or anything....but the facts are the facts....he got a decent bracket for his skill set...if u watched the hungrybox matches, he got totally outclassed in obv ways :/....

also, ftr, MW is greatttt in skill....we just choke any opportunity we have and thats part of the game....if i had to say anything, it would be, MW has the biggest choke artists :/.

Kels88

Smash Lord
ya, i mean, im not saying javi isnt amazing or anything....but the facts are the facts....he got a decent bracket for his skill set...if u watched the hungrybox matches, he got totally outclassed in obv ways :/....

also, ftr, MW is greatttt in skill....we just choke any opportunity we have and thats part of the game....if i had to say anything, it would be, MW has the biggest choke artists :/.
lol yeah like me.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Javi is also lucky in the fact that hes the best in his country and this is his first time traveling. Simply believing that you can beat someone makes it so much more possible. Anyone else would be like "**** thats Dr. PP, hes like the best player in the country" but Javi just thinks of him as an equal and can play better because of it.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Sveet and Tink = wrong and wrong

Sveet: Javi knew EXACTLY who he was going up against when he faced PP. Why do you think he was so damn excited even after winning the first game, pumping his fists in the air and celebrating with his travel buddy? It was even more pronounced after he won the set. Javi didn't behave that way at all after beating other great players like KoreanDJ and Hax, but he clearly knew who PP was... you can't make an argument otherwise. It is true that being the best in his country definitely could have battle-hardened Javi's mindset, though.

Tink: You really cannot judge skill based on vids, I learned that big time at Apex. This transfers over to friendlies and moneymatches too. I was taking Javi down to last stock consistently in hotel friendlies on Thursday, and I remember thinking to myself, this guy might not be bracket material, he's got some bad habits. But I realized later that Javi simply wasn't being PUSHED to his potential at the time... obviously that eventually happened over the course of the weekend. The biggest thing lost in vids is consistency in pressuring and controlling opponents into a stock loss after landing a solid hit. Javi did that really well throughout bracket.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I'm not saying he wasn't happy or didn't know who PP was, all im saying is that his unique mindset allowed him to not be afraid in situations where he should have been afraid.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
huge over rate of mw skill going on

anyone that goes deep and beats pp is better than the midwest. factssss

freaking kage is better than everyone in MW cept kels LOL

we suck 4 life

'Fro

Smash Lord
I'm not saying he wasn't happy or didn't know who PP was, all im saying is that his unique mindset allowed him to not be afraid in situations where he should have been afraid.
Should have been afraid? Really? Why should any self- respecting player with aspirations of doing well be afraid and shoot themselves in the foot? You can John up that mindset stuff all you want, but that is just wrong.

:phone:

Top Bottom