• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash to the Future on hiatus for the summer!

ORLY

Smash Master
oro lost to tink on juggleguy stadium game 3,1 stock ,fox (oro) tink (falcon)

results will not be a surprise

-hindawg

ORLY

Smash Master
since there were very few teams entered, we did a singles pancake tournament

results were tink, kels, orly

ORLY

Smash Master
that was only a $1 random character tournament

i beat him in winners (he'll john about it but i ****ed him up)

regular singles results: kels, dart, tink

sanchaz

Smash Lord
regular singles results: kels, dart, tink
no way!!!! I didn't see this coming, like at all!

This makes me :mad:. My next tourney in chicago I want to beat these guys, including the one that plays fox.

samizdat

Smash Cadet
hey guys,

kyle here a.k.a. scribble (decided to drop the r) wondering if there's anyone I met last night, or maybe even didn't meet, who actually lives in the city of Chicago and is looking for a regular practice partner. I live in Logan Square and would be willing to travel to your place of residence (creepy!).

great tourney last night, shoutouts for there being an amateur bracket. that kinda thing will keep new people coming back.

anyway, if any of you are interested, let me know via PM or whatnot.

Quaz

Smash Master
soo I think Results were like...

1 Kels
2 Dart
3 Tink
4 Rat
5 Scythe and Arty
7 Metroid and Good Doctor
9 Was Chris George Bzoo and Hindawg
13 was Quaz Smash Daddy Alcheato and Looshkin

Im soo good at memorizing results, get on my level. (I might have a couple of those wrong though, lmao)

metroid1117

Smash Master
soo I think Results were like...

1 Kels
2 Dart
3 Tink
4 Rat
5 Scythe and Arty
7 Metroid and Good Doctor
9 Was Chris George Bzoo and Hindawg
13 was Quaz Smash Daddy Alcheato and Looshkin

Im soo good at memorizing results, get on my level. (I might have a couple of those wrong though, lmao)
Dang, good stuff Quaz, from what I remember that looks right. I'm still pretty surprised to see that Chris placed so low, he must've been playing off or something.

Shoutouts will come later once an official thread gets posted!

alcheato

Smash Ace
hey guys,

kyle here a.k.a. scribble (decided to drop the r) wondering if there's anyone I met last night, or maybe even didn't meet, who actually lives in the city of Chicago and is looking for a regular practice partner. I live in Logan Square and would be willing to travel to your place of residence (creepy!).

great tourney last night, shoutouts for there being an amateur bracket. that kinda thing will keep new people coming back.

anyway, if any of you are interested, let me know via PM or whatnot.
You're a Falco player, right? I live in Avondale/Logan Square and me and Smash Daddy play once in a while. I'll send you a PM later and we'll have to figure something out.

ORLY

Smash Master
I had no sleep the night before which was why I was getting cranky TOing stuff and I don't know what happened with my performance. I got a quad knee on Arty and I still lost. Hah.

Good games to everyone. Samus really is the meta knight of Melee.

Kels88

Smash Lord
I had no sleep the night before which was why I was getting cranky TOing stuff and I don't know what happened with my performance. I got a quad knee on Arty and I still lost. Hah.

Good games to everyone. Samus really is the meta knight of Melee.
no sleep johns. I won with honestly no sleep at all.

hmmm still no worthy rivals for me. I'm waitin Chicago. lolololololololololololol

ORLY

Smash Master
no sleep johns. I won with honestly no sleep at all.

hmmm still no worthy rivals for me. I'm waitin Chicago. lolololololololololololol
Better take a nap and work on your reading comprehension. I simply said I was cranky due to my lack of sleep, not that I played poorly because of it.

Tink

Smash Hero
roflll...kels doesnt know what the term rival means....he apprently wants someone that only beats him...gary oak stylein in a car with b itches.

this tournament was fun, but ppl need to bring setups, its ridic how few we get.

the most fun of the day was obv the pancake tournament...just so fun to play the most wonky matchups and trying to persevere....i say we make it a regular and if we get alot of random results, maybe increase it to 2$ to make it more hype.

we need videos! these past 2 Sg have had amazing matches

ORLY

Smash Master
Yes thank you to everyone who brought set-ups. I'd like two per pool, but more is always nice.

If we don't get 8 next time, I might have to start charging venue.

Lol @ Mewtwo vs DK

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Serious post:

Don't mistreat other peoples stuff. Whether it's tvs/Wiis/computers(no one should probably be touching it without Chris' permission) or even controllers, it is not yours. My tv is on the fritz now. Not sure if it has anything to do with people mistreating it at tourneys, or just wear and tear, but the fact that it crapped out after Dart hit the table means something. I am pretty hesitant with bringing setups anymore because I don't want my stuff to be treated like ****. I was really damn worried when my Wii almost got punched after a set (2 times I saw)

If it is really that hard to contain your emotions, then you should take the money you would use to enter a tournament and go to ****ing anger management. Other than the hassle of bringing a setup everywhere, now I feel there is even less incentive for me of going out of my way to ensure events run faster. If I see people mistreating someone else's possessions at a tournament I run, I WILL kick you the **** out.

/rant

On a less serious note, tourney was fun. Didn't perform well but had fun playing the whole day. See everyone at the next one.

Kels and Tink teaming ruins any teams hype, especially when it costs 10$

Kels88

Smash Lord
Better take a nap and work on your reading comprehension. I simply said I was cranky due to my lack of sleep, not that I played poorly because of it.
yes i know that. I fully understood it. I'm just saying you can't let your lack of sleep have a negative effect on the way you treat others.

And yeah tink and i teaming is pretty automatic. It's nice to know the results of a tournament before it even starts. lol
Singles: 1. Kels
Doubles: 1. The Guardians

Tink

Smash Hero
i like the hateful rant oro, but bro....13 inch Tvs are like, 15 bux these days 0_0....its not a HARD lose...just saying....but ppl SHOULD be mindful if its not theirs.

and its johnful for teams....ima be ranked like, 5th on the new power ranking, and im too good to team with kels? thats johns. ppl just need to step it up and learn teams better is all. get at our teamwork

i say we replace 10$ teams, with 5$ pancake =D! go go go!

Hindawg

Smash Journeyman
Too much rage at this tourny. Some rage is good, but not like what I saw on Saturday. I admit I overreacted to losing to Arty, I was mad because I've had to play Arty the last 3 tournies he has been to, and then I come to this one and lose to him in pools and that really annoying game 3 nonsense in bracket. I'm over that now though, and I think that last game I played vs Arty finally pushed me over the mental wall I could never break, which is basically accepting the whole "playing to win" concept, so I am thankful for that.

As for the venue, I would recommend a $5 venue fee with several ways of getting that fee waived.

Bring setup (TV + Cube, MC, etc)
Bring two or more chairs
Remove air from Kel's tires before he leaves his house

It might also be a good idea to require people to register no later than x days before a tournament and have each person list what they plan on bringing. This would be a free online registration and there could be a checkmark for confirmed/not confirmed/maybe confirmed etc. A $5 fee could be charged to anyone who does not register but still shows up to play. I think something like this would make it a lot easier to organize equipment requirements.

Great tourny, I learned a lot as always.

Kels88

Smash Lord
lol Tink@5th place. Don't think that's gonna happen. You only lose to Dart and I. And Dart you gotta keep your cool man. I know you don't mean any harm by hitting the tables but when it starts to effect other people's stuff it's not cool.

metroid1117

Smash Master
I don't know about $5, that seems pretty high considering that entire sets hinge on luck and you can only pancake once per set. I'd be willing to do $2 though, I had a lot of fun doing this; Zelda vs. ICs on Yoshi's was one of the highlights of my day!

ORLY

Smash Master
I do like pancakes, but I can't see it replacing doubles.

EDIT: I fully support the third of Hindawg's suggestions for waiving venue fee.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
i like the hateful rant oro, but bro....13 inch Tvs are like, 15 bux these days 0_0....its not a HARD lose...just saying....but ppl SHOULD be mindful if its not theirs.

and its johnful for teams....ima be ranked like, 5th on the new power ranking, and im too good to team with kels? thats johns. ppl just need to step it up and learn teams better is all. get at our teamwork

Not worried about a ****ty TV, I'm more worried about the 200$ Wii+Melee disc+SD card. Price shouldn't matter regardless, I'm just saying.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
As for the venue, I would recommend a $5 venue fee with several ways of getting that fee waived.

Bring setup (TV + Cube, MC, etc)
Bring two or more chairs
Remove air from Kel's tires before he leaves his house
LOL

Like ChrisRLY, I fully endorse this idea

:phone:

BIG C

Smash Master
Serious post:

Don't mistreat other peoples stuff. Whether it's tvs/Wiis/computers(no one should probably be touching it without Chris' permission) or even controllers, it is not yours. My tv is on the fritz now. Not sure if it has anything to do with people mistreating it at tourneys, or just wear and tear, but the fact that it crapped out after Dart hit the table means something. I am pretty hesitant with bringing setups anymore because I don't want my stuff to be treated like ****. I was really damn worried when my Wii almost got punched after a set (2 times I saw)

If it is really that hard to contain your emotions, then you should take the money you would use to enter a tournament and go to ****ing anger management. Other than the hassle of bringing a setup everywhere, now I feel there is even less incentive for me of going out of my way to ensure events run faster. If I see people mistreating someone else's possessions at a tournament I run, I WILL kick you the **** out.

/rant

On a less serious note, tourney was fun. Didn't perform well but had fun playing the whole day. See everyone at the next one.

Kels and Tink teaming ruins any teams hype, especially when it costs 10$
Just saying, if you feel this way you should probably stop bringing your stuff cuz good luck on getting people to control their emotions when money and pride is on the line. I know if someone even threatened to kick me out of a tournament when i was angry a lot more would happen than what would happen if you just ignored it and laughed cuz of my overreaction.

Top Bottom