• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash or Die VII: Melee and Brawl! June 14th Flag Day! Georgia!

Prac352

Smash Lord
Yeah. I'm officially confirmed and I'm bringing Tsunami and possibly Datman.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Dude this **** is going to be -awesome-. It's going to be like a Smash reunion, only serious business shall ensue.

GOD!

Smash Ace
Do you guys need any more set-ups?
I could bring at least one melee setup for friendlies or something.

Eugenio

Smash Lord
Read This

In the past these tournaments have taken a very long time to end, and that was back when when it was just melee. The reason for this is a lot of unnecessary delays created by tournament entrants not acknowledging the fact that they have a tournament match or simply leaving the venue altogether to get something to eat, which sometimes takes over an our. That is very inconsiderate to every one who paid good money to enter this competition, and would like it to run smoothly.

With that said I would like every one to know that this tournament will be run much stricter than in the past. If there is an empty TV and your match is called out to play on it the next set of names will be called to play on it and etc. Now, if your match is called and there is no one else there to play their match on that TV, then you will have about 5 minutes to respond or you automatically forfeit you're match(unless you entered both tournaments and you already have a match in progress in one of them, your opponent will have to wait). Which also means that if you are in the winner's bracket you will be put in the loser's and if you're in the loser's bracket already then you are automatically disqualified from the tournament.

However if you let whom ever is in charge of monitoring the bracket and calling out the matches know that you have an emergency. For example if you have to use the bathroom or are about to get a parking ticket(there is a police station directly across the street from the venue) then you may be given a few more minutes according to your situation.

Also, the tournament will begin at 1:00 pm. If you think you're going to be late call gamers xperience, they may delay the tournament for a few minutes until your arrival. However, if only a small amount of entrants arrive by 1:00pm the tournament will be delayed until there is a decent amount of players, but those are the only acceptions.

No one is exempt from these rules not even myself. So please take these rules seriously, especially if you're coming in from out of state.

thank you for reading this obnoxiously long post :)

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
Hecks yea

I will gladly MM anyone in this state,
minus: Reflex (he's GA technically), Kismet, BigLou, Zom-B
I'm lookin at you Timmy Tim ^_~

smithspot

Smash Journeyman
is that a teams challenge i smell
$$$?
me and elliot

if it's not a teams challenge then just generic
$$$
me
or elliot(i guess)

No its not a team challenge...plus I don't money match, I just enter tourneys. I'm not balling enough to put money on matches between tourneys, ya know :urg:.

Friendlies all day here :laugh:

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
No its not a team challenge...plus I don't money match, I just enter tourneys. I'm not balling enough to put money on matches between tourneys, ya know :urg:.

Friendlies all day here :laugh:
no money matches initially seems like a good idea
but if you're serious about the game, no money matches is kind of a pansy thing to do!
money matches recreates the serious scenario found in tournament matches. the more mms you play, the faster you'll improve since it's basically more tournament play

$1 mms do the job just fine since smashers are pennypinchers anyway.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Elliot. I'm crawling all over that MM challenge. ZOM~B and I will challenge you and Tong to a teams MM all day long.

And I'll MM you and Tong all day at the same time

/cocky post.

smithspot

Smash Journeyman
no money matches initially seems like a good idea
but if you're serious about the game, no money matches is kind of a pansy thing to do!
money matches recreates the serious scenario found in tournament matches. the more mms you play, the faster you'll improve since it's basically more tournament play

$1 mms do the job just fine since smashers are pennypinchers anyway.

I mainly play for fun and challenges...not for money. I may enter in some tourneys :ohwell:.

If you have to play for money to make the game interesting/fun then you don't really enjoy the game, you just play because you found a way to make a easy buck. Whenever I play against someone its always a serious scenario, ya know...but that's just me.

Also $1 matches are 99 cent too much for me :laugh:.

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
Elliot. I'm crawling all over that MM challenge. ZOM~B and I will challenge you and Tong to a teams MM all day long.

And I'll MM you and Tong all day at the same time

/cocky post.
yea boy you think i give a crap about lucario? well i got news for you:

I DON'T

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
I mainly play for fun and challenges...not for money. I may enter in some tourneys :ohwell:.

If you have to play for money to make the game interesting/fun then you don't really enjoy the game, you just play because you found a way to make a easy buck. Whenever I play against someone its always a serious scenario, ya know...but that's just me.

you sir have obv. never played in a tournament OR aren't any good
pick 1

SleepyK

Banned via Administration

there is some flawed logic here

course we play the game for fun but we also play for the competitive aspect. lots of people who are considerably better than you find that they don't have to try at all to beat you, so the purpose of putting money on the line is to serious them up so you can learn the most from your asswhooping or prove you can beat them when they're serious.
if you seriously played just for fun... what's the most fun way to enjoy smash? at a party, with alcohol involved, with smashballs, silly items, and silly stages. that's when it's an absolute blast. The reason people go to tournaments and play with tournament standard rules is because they enjoy the competitive aspect and have a desire to prove themselves against other players.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
there is some flawed logic here

course we play the game for fun but we also play for the competitive aspect. lots of people who are considerably better than you find that they don't have to try at all to beat you, so the purpose of putting money on the line is to serious them up so you can learn the most from your asswhooping or prove you can beat them when they're serious.
if you seriously played just for fun... what's the most fun way to enjoy smash? at a party, with alcohol involved, with smashballs, silly items, and silly stages. that's when it's an absolute blast. The reason people go to tournaments and play with tournament standard rules is because they enjoy the competitive aspect and have a desire to prove themselves against other players.
on this topic, it has been scientifically proven that 64 and brawl >>>>>>>> melee @ alcohol bros

melee sux @ alcohol bros

smithspot

Smash Journeyman
you sir have obv. never played in a tournament OR aren't any good
pick 1
No I haven't entered in any smash tourneys however I have in other games and won some and made finals in most. Winning a $100+ in a couple of tourneys didn't make me want to get in more. It didn't make the challenges tougher/more interesting. The tourney atmosphere TO ME wasn't any different from playing others without money on the line, ya know...

Again that just me...

But don't get it wrong, I don't mind getting in some tourneys I just don't like money matching. I'm actually considering contributing to the pot by getting in this tourney :confused:.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
No I haven't entered in any smash tourneys however I have in other games and won some and made finals in most. Winning a $100+ in a couple of tourneys didn't make me want to get in more. It didn't make the challenges tougher/more interesting. The tourney atmosphere TO ME wasn't any different from playing others without money on the line, ya know...

Again that just me...

But don't get it wrong, I don't mind getting in some tourneys I just don't like money matching. I'm actually considering contributing to the pot by getting in this tourney :confused:.
my guess is then that you are the latter .. 'not very good'

smithspot

Smash Journeyman
my guess is then that you are the latter .. 'not very good'
Wow, I didn't know the rule was you have to play for money to be good and to have fun. I'll keep that in mind...

Anyone plan on showing up for some friendlies this weekend??? A couple of people that don't post on here would like to know...

GOD!

Smash Ace
Wow, I didn't know the rule was you have to play for money to be good and to have fun. I'll keep that in mind...

Anyone plan on showing up for some friendlies this weekend??? A couple of people that don't post on here would like to know...
melee or brawl?

Edit: I might actually just play brawl for the fun of it even though I don't know how to play.

Top Bottom