• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash or Die VII: Melee and Brawl! June 14th Flag Day! Georgia!

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Would anyone like to team with me? I forgot this was the day after Pokemon Regionals, but I'm going to try and make it back that night so I can make this. I'd like to team for Melee and Brawl.
I'll team with you if I can make it.

DarkStar27

Smash Rookie
Hmm...I dunno about this Sensei Eugene.....Should We Allow Wii-Chucks? I'll be odd and probably a lil bit time consuming if we have to Link Wii-Motes

Eugenio

Smash Lord
When I posted no wireless controllers I meant no wireless game cube controllers, sorry bout that.

Unless some one gives me a very good reason why wii chucks should not be allowed....

I declare Wii-Motes and Wii-Chucks legal!

there now you can come

why does this start so early
don't people know i like to sleep in
how inconsiderate
jk but really :(
I wasn't aware 1:00 in the afternoon was "early", c'mon don't a florida player about it.

f.y.i. florida player = b*tch

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
rofl something is terribly wrong here

i know desu is lazy but

eugene telling someone about laziness?
come on now.

also if you seriously think it's technical to get a grab then mash A and downsmash please watch someone perform a basic motion in mvc or something
gawd. it's brawl so the winner of the tournament will use either
mk
snake

that's it. or PT if reflex shows up. brawl isn't this magical new game where tiers don't matter and skill can overcome every obstacle. it's still a broken platforming fighting-type game.

smithspot

Smash Journeyman
What fighting game is broken...or any multiplayer game at that...

Just wait til that TNMT smash rip off comes out, it won't be broken. LOL...

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
Wiimotes/nunchucks are usually banned in tournament because they freak out sometimes when other people are in matches (for those of you who were at IC2, you may remember....) People will finish their matches, think they turned their wiimotes/nunchucks off (or forget to), and stuff it in their bag and walk off. Then when someone else is trying to play a match, some controller is freaking out and won't let them play and nobody knows why and the whole room has to be all like "WHO THE FRICK HAS THAT WIIMOTE TURN IT OFF GOSH".

Just FYI.

Personally I don't care if somebody uses a wiimote, and he's probably used to having that issue looming over his head. But yea, for those of you who didn't know, that's why they're usually banned. Big tourneys don't wanna have to deal with that potential problem.

In other news, Tong and I are going to win EVERYTHING. So you may just wanna give us your money now.

SleepyK

right, and who always comes out at the top of those broken fighters?

sentinel
magneto
storm
cable
cyclops

fox
marth
sheik

mk
snake

wait, is there a pattern here or am i just throwing together accurate statistics of the top placing characters in fighting games?

my b. next time i'll look at "heart" and other things that make yu gi oh a great show

smithspot

Smash Journeyman
Since we this is a much smaller tourney than the hugh one you spoke of then we should just make sure he removes the battery after each match to assure the disconnection from the system...or something like that???

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
@Smith - Uhh maybe? If he put them back in before he played another match the wiimote might sync back up to that same wii and freak out, so he might have to just keep his batteries out of his wiimote when he's not playing, then put them in and sync them up to whichever wii he's playing at....sounds like a big ol' pain in the butt to me, but if it's worth it to play with a wiimote, that might be what has to be done. He probably knows a little more on the gritty details of it, all I know is that IC2 lost a TV for like an hour because a wiimote mysteriously would not shut up.

@Sleepy - YES HE IS - hey guys i can predict whether your tiger shot is gonna be high or low i'm not cheating or anything

DarkStar27

Smash Rookie
rofl something is terribly wrong here

i know desu is lazy but

eugene telling someone about laziness?
come on now.

also if you seriously think it's technical to get a grab then mash A and downsmash please watch someone perform a basic motion in mvc or something
gawd. it's brawl so the winner of the tournament will use either
mk
snake

that's it. or PT if reflex shows up. brawl isn't this magical new game where tiers don't matter and skill can overcome every obstacle. it's still a broken platforming fighting-type game.
Thats because ppl only feel like there chance at winning is by using Meta Knight...We know meta knight is good along with snake but personally they can suck one. I apologize that ppl dont wanna step out of that box cause there scared of losing...I dare anyone to challenge me with that Charizard BS.....They wont be happy afterwards...As a matta of fact this would be there face:ohwell: follwed by:confused: Its trash talk talk now but it'll be all love afterwards no homo

DarkStar27

Smash Rookie
Oh yeah as far as Wii Mote thing goes...If you jus plug in a gamecube controller the same port as the wii mote the gamecube controller will cancel it out

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
Dude...darkstar...you dont know anything lol. No one cares about your elitist Im not gonna play unfair characters attitude. The people that dont give a **** are the ones taking your money and respect home.

Also: Reflex will make you look like the biggest ******* ever with charizard. Hes an exceptional player, get over it.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad there's people looking to win.

If we lose, we lose our pride.

But when you lose, you can't quit. You just have to realize you need to improve.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Dude...darkstar...you dont know anything lol. No one cares about your elitist Im not gonna play unfair characters attitude. The people that dont give a **** are the ones taking your money and respect home.

Also: Reflex will make you look like the biggest ******* ever with charizard. Hes an exceptional player, get over it.
I miss mars =[

DarkStar27

Smash Rookie

I dont know anything...Hmm...If you say so...I know ppl dont care about the whole i play with unfair characters...It goes back to the whole street fighter and MvC thing but i guess whatever works..Im not saying that i wont use an unfair person but its out there and ppl will pick um.....And you can get off of Reflex's pubes now...Im pretty sure that guy can speak for himself

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
Wiimotes/nunchucks are usually banned in tournament because they freak out sometimes when other people are in matches (for those of you who were at IC2, you may remember....) People will finish their matches, think they turned their wiimotes/nunchucks off (or forget to), and stuff it in their bag and walk off. Then when someone else is trying to play a match, some controller is freaking out and won't let them play and nobody knows why and the whole room has to be all like "WHO THE FRICK HAS THAT WIIMOTE TURN IT OFF GOSH".

Just FYI.

Personally I don't care if somebody uses a wiimote, and he's probably used to having that issue looming over his head. But yea, for those of you who didn't know, that's why they're usually banned. Big tourneys don't wanna have to deal with that potential problem.

In other news, Tong and I are going to win EVERYTHING. So you may just wanna give us your money now.
YEAH ITS WINNING TIME I'M ENTERINT EVERYTHING

WHO WANTS TO TEAM WITH ME IN MELEE I AM LEGENDARY STATUS TEAMM8t

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
Thats because ppl only feel like there chance at winning is by using Meta Knight...We know meta knight is good along with snake but personally they can suck one. I apologize that ppl dont wanna step out of that box cause there scared of losing...I dare anyone to challenge me with that Charizard BS.....They wont be happy afterwards...As a matta of fact this would be there face:ohwell: follwed by:confused: Its trash talk talk now but it'll be all love afterwards no homo
I WILL **** YOUR FACE WITH CHARIZARD YOU BETTER

1st place - Thomas (major with Lucas)
2nd place - Keem (major with multiple)
3rd place - Roy (major with Ness)
4th place - me ( major with Sonic and Ness)
5th place - Darius (major with multiple)
6th place - Will (major with Kirby)
MORE LIEK MAJOR WITH HIGH SCHOOL SPIRIT look JUST cause it's summer and you don't have any more TRIFOLD BOARDS to decorate doesn't mean you aren
GAY

SleepyK

so you're against your entire argument, then?
also lol @ "people won't leave their box because they're scared of losing" perhaps they picked the character in the first place because they liked them or like how they played. you're even more stuck in a box than the people who "can suck one" for choosing top tier characters.

So you're saying that if you were to be playing, say, MvC2, you would money match bananas with a team of bottom tier characters and expect to do well?

also, how is giving you an example of a player who will definitely take your money with charizard "getting on his pubes?" by that logic you should probably get off lucas' pubes, since he's underage and that would be illegal. please stop with pointless, shallow insults. the matter at hand is that you winning with lucas only proves that there are no good players at the tournaments. regardless of how good you are with lucas, he doesn't win tournaments and you know it, which you agreed to.

DarkStar27

Smash Rookie
I said im not Lucas user...I said that i know one....Your right i did agree with you but the person that won that mini tourney we know him personally and we beat the **** outta him all the time...That mini tourney wasnt anything serious..Lucas don't win torneys but yall are acting like this is a world tourney...Sleepy I agree with you 100% but this whole Charizard thing??? Maybe its something i just gotta see for myself...And to all ppl who are that confident in there Charizard use him in the tourney..

smithspot

Smash Journeyman
And the hate on Lucas continues...

If anyone took the time to master Lucas or anyone else...I think you could win with anyone. Personally I like to play with the underdogs. That's why I play with Sonic, Ness, and Lucas...it makes it that much more enjoyable to win/beat someone with someone of the sort. But that's just me... :)

bigman40

Smash Master
Not to be mean, but I've played a few that were really good with Lucas, and I still beat them. Granted that anyone with excellent skill and overcome his weaknesses, but you have to agree the fact that his weaknesses are the main reason he's not that good. It's the same for Yoshi, and all the other low tiers.

DarkStar27

Smash Rookie
Not to be mean, but I've played a few that were really good with Lucas, and I still beat them. Granted that anyone with excellent skill and overcome his weaknesses, but you have to agree the fact that his weaknesses are the main reason he's not that good. It's the same for Yoshi, and all the other low tiers.
I completely agree with you...You basically said what i was trying to say...

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
i know nobody takes tong's posts seriously but he will seriously MM you with PT....just fyi

now continuing to stay out of argument.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
I said im not Lucas user...I said that i know one....Your right i did agree with you but the person that won that mini tourney we know him personally and we beat the **** outta him all the time...That mini tourney wasnt anything serious..Lucas don't win torneys but yall are acting like this is a world tourney...Sleepy I agree with you 100% but this whole Charizard thing??? Maybe its something i just gotta see for myself...And to all ppl who are that confident in there Charizard use him in the tourney..
In all seriousness i know Reflex doesn't like people on his jock or anything but his PT is really something. I understand you having to see it to beleive it, but really his placings speak for themselves.

SleepyK

no argument. we are correct.
darkstar agrees

once again i cite that there is no magical heart of the cards stuff going on here

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
Um, Charizard ACTUALLY HAS an infinite grab-release chain grab combo on Ness and Lucas. Simply grab them and attack them until they break free... then you grab them again and repeat the process. It's as simple as that. It's not complicated or anything, try it for yourself against a CPU.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
ALL PEOPLE (that i am quoting) WHO ARE NOT CONFIDENT IN MY CHARIZARD MONEY MATCH AGAINST ME

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
Not with marth, he still has a chaingrab and tipper dsmash though, it's just running rather than standing.

Top Bottom