• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash on the Rocks - Date under Plans (Rocky Mount, NC)

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
lol get off my nuts.

and how many people need to john for yay, i just did it, the rest of u can chill out.

doesn't really play falco? ***** he beat u
:smug:
and i beat him so i **** basically

lmaoooooo godddd pp ur soooooooooo scared of my puff. she's growin sooooo much faster than ur ****ty white *** chars ever did. god, just switch to falco the best ****in character in the game cuz u couldn't do it with marth, p*ssy.

nair.
Ridin ur nuts cuz i like dat

I like johnning for other people. Don't see people johnnin for me when I lose though, ya bits. =p

O ya good shiz inui baby.

White>Cam

My Marth will **** ur puff

my fox will **** ur puff

my falcon will scrape grape **** bape shape mutilape ur puff

my mario will take a dump on ur puff

ur puff is bad

ur falco is good

butthole

nair

Now I am probably gonna try hard to come to this gah you guys are gay lol. <3

PS: Yay's emoness secretly makes me feel bad.

secretly

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
@kevin: like i said: i'll beat ur mario by only using rest. u were just too scared to accept the mm cuz ur a little b*tch. so grow some balls patty mayonnaise.

@yay: MM? my falco/puff ur fox, $5.50?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
@kevin: like i said: i'll beat ur mario by only using rest. u were just too scared to accept the mm cuz ur a little b*tch. so grow some balls patty mayonnaise.

@yay: MM? my falco/puff ur fox, $5.50?
When did you challenge me to that? I'd have accepted so fast.

You wussed out of the sheik vs puff one so I don't wanna hear it scrub.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
pp, stfu u were like "ok fine", then u were like "no that's dumb" which is the same as like "hey look im a gaping vaj". so quit flip floppin.... john kerry *** *****.

i'd still MM ur sheik, there were just better things to do at the time... like challenge myself at something :laugh: [grapes]

@maria: sup bayb

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
pp, stfu u were like "ok fine", then u were like "no that's dumb" which is the same as like "hey look im a gaping vaj". so quit flip floppin.... john kerry *** *****.

i'd still MM ur sheik, there were just better things to do at the time... like challenge myself at something :laugh: [grapes]

@maria: sup bayb
I was like okay then I was like okay then I was like wow you wussed out good stuff being a rep for players looking to you for inspiration.

My vaj will eat you btw.

And when I **** you with Sheik you'll quit puff in shame. Guess what? I never play sheik. Never. And I will scrape your slightly acceptable only when high puff.

scrubby puff.

aint good.

nair'in

S!!!!

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
lolllll wtf was all that nonsense?

and puff is the best in the game: only reason why i play her

so why would i quit lol

stingers

Smash Obsessed
axes pika > his falco because he could play whoever he wants and **** *****es. he chose to put a lot more time into pika cuz he's not a tier ***** like kevin "mario" nanney

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
It's all the rage in the DR - To post someone's avatar.

I think it's annoying, personally.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
axes pika > his falco because he could play whoever he wants and **** *****es. he chose to put a lot more time into pika cuz he's not a tier ***** like kevin "mario" nanney
A few things:

1. Characters feel intuitive to people so the amount of time he spent learning Pika might have made him better overall than had he put that into his Fox. At this point in time, he plays more Falco than Pika(said so himself) and yet his Pika is better.

2. I wasn't willing to put in that time because I wanted to stop splitting my time between 3 characters. I wanted a main that I felt confident in, and even if I could have done it with Mario, I wouldn't have liked how long results would have taken to appear.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
I was like okay then I was like okay then I was like wow you wussed out good stuff being a rep for players looking to you for inspiration.

My vaj will eat you btw.

And when I **** you with Sheik you'll quit puff in shame. Guess what? I never play sheik. Never. And I will scrape your slightly acceptable only when high puff.

scrubby puff.

aint good.

nair'in

S!!!!
Did anyone else notice that Kevin has started to post like some hybrid of Adam and Mango?

**** is awesome.

Mariabattleaxe

Smash Ace
A few things:

1. Characters feel intuitive to people so the amount of time he spent learning Pika might have made him better overall than had he put that into his Fox. At this point in time, he plays more Falco than Pika(said so himself) and yet his Pika is better.
I picked up Pika and got better over all :)
My Marth got better even though I play more Pika.
Plus, I have not really had the motivation to get good until I decided I wanted to make my Pikachu really good!

Basically, I luff pikachu :D
:025:

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
I picked up Pika and got better over all :)
My Marth got better even though I play more Pika.
Plus, I have not really had the motivation to get good until I decided I wanted to make my Pikachu really good!

Basically, I luff pikachu :D
:025:
Yeah, for some reason people don't understand that learning learning other characters makes you better faster overall because it teaches you about different aspects of the game/characters/match ups, and forces you to learn skills which your main might not be so intensive on.

This brings me to something that I've been meaning to talk about here lately anyway:

This is why I think EVERYONE should learn how to play Fox/Falco/Falcon, to some degree. Last night, my roommate Matt asked me a question while he was watching me goof around with Falco: "What exactly does the shine do?"

It took me 10-15 minutes to fully explain its functionality as a kill move (fox's vs falco's), a combo tool (starting vs ending), shield pressure (pillaring, shine grabs, double shine), a movement tool (shine turnarounds, wavelands, ledge options etc), a stall (momentum alternation, dropping into aerials etc), a defensive option (OoS), a safe approach (SH -> shine -> waveland onto a platform) and probably more.

Just by learning, performing and applying JUST shine stuff, you learn a whole new dimension of the game and you fundamentally understand two of the most common (yet most poorly played) match ups for any character. Couple that with having to learn to SHFFL perfectly (since you tend to get punished SO hard for every missed L cancel), which means reacting to whether your aerial hits them, hits their shield, or whiffs (all of which have different L cancel timings, especially Fox's Dair). There's infinitely more to be learned from them as well, but that would take all day so I'll move on.

And then Falcon teaches you tech chasing probably better than any other character. Falcon's run speed is top notch (which accomodates for a lack luster grab range, compared to Marth/Sheik/Jiggs) but has to react faster/predict more accurately than Fox in order to really get those essential tech chases. Falcon has TONS of different things he can do during tech chases (stomp, knee, raptor boost, regrab etc) that lead to combos which can be death, but if you make an error, a good spacie will shine you into their own combo very quickly. Falcon's entire game against fast fallers is so tech chase intensive that you will develope reaction skills and keep a mental tally of techs more adamantly than you likely ever have before. All his movements need to be so precise (read: Nair spacing is TOO important) overall that it's going to make you a better player.

Kevin: I would like your feedback on this and possibly request this conversation to make it over to HLS, the topic essentially being something like "Overall improvement by diversifying your character selection."

K, back to work.

Top Bottom