• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash O'Clock hosted by PSFM - Geneva, IL

ORLY

Smash Master
just think if jeff had fallen down the stairs instead

someone would try and host a memorial sheik ditto tournament at genesis 2 but no one knows who he is nor subject themselves to a sheik ditto tournament

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
just think if jeff had fallen down the stairs instead

someone would try and host a memorial sheik ditto tournament at genesis 2 but no one knows who he is nor subject themselves to a sheik ditto tournament
sigh....
I'm never drinking again

ORLY

Smash Master
i've been thinking about developing my mewtwo, sheik, marth, falco.. god, who else? everyone

i like playing everyone

mostly falcon, mewtwo, fox, and marth

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Seriously, every character in Melee is fun. I think I'm gonna stick to Marth and maybe Sheik or Falco for now though. No more Peach. She's the only character I enjoy playing in Brawl, and playing her in both makes my Brawl Peach worse.

ORLY

Smash Master
can we make a pact to abolish the practice of speaking aloud "bair" "fair" "nair" and "dair"? saying them IRL makes you sound like a ****ing tool

except for "nairplane". i actually like that one

ORLY

Smash Master
"forward/back/down/up-air" work just as well

and no one's restricting you from naming your moves!

luigi has names for everything, thanks to me

ORLY

Smash Master
luigi's downtilt is crab kick, downair is gumdrop kick, upB is SHOOOOOORYUKEN, dash attack is the pain train..

the list goes on

ORLY

Smash Master
you had to stretch to make that work, rofl

i can't be the only one who cringes every time a commentator says "OH MAN BAIR TO DAIR TO FAIR SICKKKKK"

it sounds stupid

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Sounds fine to me....

edit- i think its because of our generation needing to say things as fast as possible. Too many syllables in "forward air" so we say "fair". Just like I say "bee are bee" or ASAP or other short hand speech.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Sup melee cats, not sure if chris has asked yet, but we have 2-3 extra seats in the car to go to SiiS5 in Ohio this weekend. I'm already driving Kels, Orly, Dbag Dave, Arty (maybe), and myself. My car seats 8, but its kind of an ocean liner so it guzzles gas, it'll be nice to split gas with a lot of people.

It's a 2 day tournament, we're planning on staying a hotel for Fri and Sat night, then leaving sunday night after the tournament is over. The hotel room is like $60 a night, gas will probably be $120-$150, maybe less.

Anyone interested? Here's the tourney thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=271256&page=512 , just let me know if you can make it and we'll fit you in.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Sup melee cats, not sure if chris has asked yet, but we have 2-3 extra seats in the car to go to SiiS5 in Ohio this weekend. I'm already driving Kels, Orly, Dbag Dave, Arty (maybe), and myself. My car seats 8, but its kind of an ocean liner so it guzzles gas, it'll be nice to split gas with a lot of people.

It's a 2 day tournament, we're planning on staying a hotel for Fri and Sat night, then leaving sunday night after the tournament is over. The hotel room is like $60 a night, gas will probably be $120-$150, maybe less.

Anyone interested? Here's the tourney thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=271256&page=512 , just let me know if you can make it and we'll fit you in.
So if we get 8 that is like $18 gas and around $15 for the hotel per person worst case scenario?

ORLY

Smash Master
Does anyone else say "irl" in real life?
When the occasion calls for it! Same with "lol", "rofl", "brb", etc. Strangely, I don't find the internet anagrams as detestable as aerial abbreviations.

@John: and don't you forget it! We can also play Ganon and Fox and Global Thermonuclear War and THE PRESIDENT.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
So if we get 8 that is like $18 gas and around $15 for the hotel per person worst case scenario?
sounds about right. Probably a bit more for the hotel after tax, and gas is a really rough estimate... but yeah that sounds pretty close.

And BTW the hotel we're staying at is the same hotel that most smashers are staying at. Partyin partyin yeah.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Lol we stayed there last year iirc. The waffle maker was a little hyped but I think the danishes was where it was at. Plus the free coffee wasn't trash.

ORLY

Smash Master
man i'm gonna be tweakin' the **** out on that free coffee

and smuggling like 30 danishes out for my day's food

ORLY

Smash Master
i'm actually trying to learn peach

and i have no idea how you people do it

she is nonsense

Top Bottom