• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Confessions

TANK64

Smash Lord
Confession I never thought I'd make that exists so far in my deep dark subconscious that I've never even really admitted to myself that I think it:

I'm afraid that everyone will start playing pika 'cause he's so much better than everyone else and then all matches will be pika dittos and things will SUCK
This is literally the sole reason I can't sleep at night.

EDIT: and yeah this is what you, and like everyone else at Apex did/has been doing lol.

Maybe we need Isai to balance out this community after all, lol.

Also,

--I rotate on people 'cause I like playing different chars, but secretly I also don't want to give peeps the chance to get used to me lol.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
I'm afraid that everyone will start playing pika 'cause he's so much better than everyone else and then all matches will be pika dittos and things will SUCK
I think Pika should be banned. And Kirby. Really.

Fascinating. Battlecow's deepest fear is that people will be like him.
lol

--I rotate on people 'cause I like playing different chars, but secretly I also don't want to give peeps the chance to get used to me lol.
sorta related - i get mildly irritated in friendlies when people wait for me to pick character and then counterpick me, yet I enjoy it when I get to do the same. (although some of it is me trying to avoid matchups I don't enjoy rather than me counterpicking explicitly to win the friendly. but still)

MattNF

Smash Lord
Confession I never thought I'd make that exists so far in my deep dark subconscious that I've never even really admitted to myself that I think it:

PS prisonchild I don't get it are you saying I run away 'cause I was pretty AGGRO at apex since no one took me to HIDERULE
If this game had a really big (brawl or melee sized at least) tourney scene and more people "played to win", pikachu would probably be used more than metaknight in brawl.

M!nt

Smash Champion
I doubt that, and I still don't believe pikachu is THAT much better than the others.

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
I'm disappointed with my Apex placing. Was hoping for 4th or 5th.
THIS!!! ////////////wrist

It's cool though! I'M NOT MAD :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

And it's like, my "performance" wasn't "bad," but like, yea, that placing... those ties...

/delayed salt
13 to 49th had alot of good even matches with some players. But it all comes down to who was playing the best at the time and how well they know that match up. Even im not happy with my performance and placing as I got 9th last year but 49th this year. I think I was alot more on my game last year and not as stressed. But I still had alot of fun playing games with everyone :)

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yeah... Pika's not metaknight. Falcon on DL is like 55:45 for falcon IMO. And other chars can do it too.

but pika is SO GOOD

and SO FUN in non-ditto MU's

and even in dittos

for a while

Olikus

Smash Champion
instead of bashing high tiers, we should have more low tier tourneys =)

The Star King

Smash Hero
Mario is a tier above, but it's silly because he definitely belongs more in Yoshi's tier than the higher one. Yoshi is close enough to actually arguably be a better character than Mario (inb4 hate... point is, he's close at least), so yeah.

And yeah low tier tournament have generally had Yoshi allowed (but not Mario...). Maybe they sbould be called mid tier tournaments? lol. Well, "B tier tournaments" would be the best way I guess :)

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
I dunno man, I feel like Mario deserves a higher placing because he can handle Pika/Fox/Kirby/Falcon much better than Yoshi can, IMO

The Star King

Smash Hero
Yeah but your opinion is wrong :troll:

Yoshi is def better vs Pikachu and Fox. On the fence about Kirby, but feels around the same (Kirby beating both fairly hard)? Mario is slightly better vs Falcon but that's pretty much it

Pooncahontas

Smash Apprentice
- 95% of the time I play, I'm high.

I used to do it 'cause I could use it as Johns.
Now I just think I've done it so much that I am legitimately better after smoking.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I think mario does way better against kirby than yoshi does

I think yoshi does a fair bit better against pika

I feel like mario does better against fox

mario > yoshi IMO unless you value the pika MU super duper highly

RERAILMENT

Battlecow confession round IV:

I know that trying to impress girls with smash is the most counterproductive endeavor imaginable but I try it ALL THE TIME

The Star King

Smash Hero
Do you even play Yoshi/Mario/Kirby/Fox much? If you don't IDK how to take your opinion on any of those MUs other than Pikachu (because you play him). Just saying.

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
confessions: I feel as if no one is ever good enough online, so I rarely use high tiers compared to my other characters.

I almost always have cold johns when playing. Always cold here >_>

been thinking about changing my main for a long time

pikachu dittos are fun

Battlecow

Play to Win
Do you even play Yoshi/Mario/Kirby/Fox much? If you don't IDK how to take your opinion on any of those MUs other than Pikachu (because you play him). Just saying.
I play a fair bit of kirby (falcon counterpick WUT I know you're not gonna try to keep up this +0 fantasy of yours after the legendary KIKOUSHI SCREWATTACK interview)

I'm basing the vs fox stuff on matches I've watched

which is not as credible as knowing the matchup yourself so yeah

The Star King

Smash Hero
+0? wtf. I said it was +2 on Dreamland and you were adamant it was at least +3. Nobody thinks it's even.

You need to stop calling me out inaccurately lol (in the Social thread, you thinking I said I would like Melee more, when it was actually asianaussie...)

anyways if you only play Kirby against Falcon, that's still not really playing the MUs we're talking about (Mario and Yoshi)

and yeah

Battlecow

Play to Win
well I mean I play kirby vs everyone

to learn to play the char you can't just play one MU

at least I can't

you learn stuff that helps kirby v doug by playing other MU's

and you and A$ were pretty RADICAL about that STUFF talking about maybe COUNTERPICKING kirby with falcon

B Link

Smash Lord
If this game had a really big (brawl or melee sized at least) tourney scene and more people "played to win", pikachu would probably be used more than metaknight in brawl.
I don't think it would be used more than metaknight in brawl but it would be used a lot more.

I've pondered a bit about whether pikachu is the best character for any player, regardless of who their current main is. I'm slightly leaning towards yes, even though they might suck with pikachu initially, because I feel like anyone who decides to main pikachu will get that to be their best overall character.

On the other hand, some people are just naturally inclined towards one character, maybe for the better.

Confession 2: I don't have the patience to JV6 noobs.

MattNF

Smash Lord
I don't think it would be used more than metaknight in brawl but it would be used a lot more.

I've pondered a bit about whether pikachu is the best character for any player, regardless of who their current main is. I'm slightly leaning towards yes, even though they might suck with pikachu initially, because I feel like anyone who decides to main pikachu will get that to be their best overall character.

On the other hand, some people are just naturally inclined towards one character, maybe for the better.

Confession 2: I don't have the patience to JV6 noobs.
I almost never use pikachu yet I still do almost as good with him as my mains. :(

ballin4life

Smash Hero
instead of bashing high tiers, we should have more low tier tourneys =)
I think all tourneys should be low tier. Where "low tier" means everybody except Pika/Kirby

This is the current tier list as far as I know

http://i.imgur.com/5y2Xo.png
I don't think that tier list does a good job of separating the tiers. It gets the ORDER of the characters just fine, but there was really no debate on partitioning that ordering of characters into tiers.

Just because everyone puts Samus last doesn't mean they all think Samus is clearly in a separate tier from Link/Luigi for example.

IMO given that ordering I'd separate it more like this:

SS:
Pika

S:
Kirby

A:
Fox
Falcon

B:
Mario
Yoshi

C:
DK
Jiggs
Ness

D:
Link/Luigi
Samus

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I'm obviously biased but IMO Yoshi is definitely better vs Fox than Mario. From my experience/observations anyway.

Not sure about Falcon/Pika/Kirby though. I never play Mario so I'm not educated enough to comment.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I think all tourneys should be low tier. Where "low tier" means everybody except Pika/Kirby
says the falcon/fox player LOL

non pika/kirby tournies would be much, much less diverse WRT character. Falcon/fox ball much harder on mid tiers than pika/kirby do on fox/falcon

Channighan

Smash Ace
-I think I'm actually pretty *** at this game.

-I lose to random Kirby players all the time.

-I can't play Kirby against any other character that ISN'T a Kirby.

-I just started playing Ness and I feel like he's my best character :|

:phone:

Kabutox

Smash Apprentice
-I secretly hate this game and use it as a substitute for melee.

-I'm almost never on smashboards.

-I think 90% of the people on 64-smashboards don't know who I am, while I probably know who they are.

-I think I'm really bad at this game, and that everyone I beat easily has a mental disorder.

-I get annoyed quickly playing on galaxy since I have a lot of delay. Especially when I'm about to 5 stock a bad kirby, and I kill myself because of delay and they taunt. Yes I'm looking at you, 99% of galaxy.

-I think alot of american smashers look funny in real life.

-I like tacos.

-I hate it when the next poster always has some dumb remark about your post, completely irrelevant to the topic.

Battlecow

Play to Win
FAYS

wow europe is honestly so garbage it makes my head spin

except for like olikus and king funk

Froski

Boss of Bosses
-I think I'm really bad at this game, and that everyone I beat easily has a mental disorder.

I am glad you've never beaten me.:awesome:

[Confession # 2]
- Lose easily to non-aggresive playstyles
- Enjoy playing horrible matchups

Top Bottom