• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Confessions

Battlecow

Play to Win
This is a thread in which we come out of our macho shells and humbly confess all the terrible, awful things we do in smash. You all have some. I'll start.

--I'm secretly proud when I beat your ****ty secondaries

--I never practice anything in training mode

--I can't fthrow->falcon punch on controller

TANK64

Smash Lord
-- I've been working on a combo vid for like a year and haven't finished it lol. Not really my fault, but I feel guilty anyways.

--I post on Smashboards more than I play these days.

--I don't know the Pika match up...with anyone

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
--I never practice anything in training mode
This^

I also troll the hell out of my friends with the most OP moves (utilt or doug hug's range). I just bait them and go to town, using only that single move for a minute or two. It drives them crazy that all I have to do is space them enough and they wreck face.

Yobolight

Smash Lord
- I have watched every Youtube video featuring Firo, Peek, and Nangoku multiple times.

- Still can't SHDL consistently

- I get real salty whenever I lose in this game even if I don't act like it.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I lost to my noob friend who doesnt play nearly as much as me. I'm ashamed

EDIT: Sorry about double post, I left my account open and my friend posted this and the last one lol (not true btw)

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
- I try to main Link so I feel better about when I lose and can blame it on the tiers, vice-versa when i win

b-rex

Smash Apprentice
-I cant DJC for *****
-Sometimes I wish I was more like Han Solo and able to break shields with Fox's shine
-Im self-conscious of having <100 posts on smashboards

Battlecow

Play to Win
Um... I love u
I always knew you felt the same way!

Shhhh... you don't need to hide any more. I'm here.

B-rex, two more baby! Try it out, respond to this post saying "lol (tenchar)" or "Kirby is gay"

You'll be there in no time!

Confessions part II: I put the question mark above my post by accident and it seems easier to edit this in than to take that off because I'd have to "go advanced" and I hate that.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
So close b-rex!

-I'm really bad vs ness. Like he's 5th best against me bad
-I can't beat MATTS!. No, I haven't even done it once :(

kys

Smash Ace
- I have the worst Fox and Yoshi on kaillera. I cannot SHDL, have only ever pulled it off ONCE.
- I get really pissed when I'm finally beating someone really good and the game DS's.
- I get great pleasure from making someone ragequit or complain about my style.

clubba, you shouldn't feel bad. MATTS! has gotten a lot better. He cut out the constant rolling and he DI's now.

TANK64

Smash Lord
^^Holy **** 0____(o)

Peeps are really letting it all out in this thread. I'm liking this lol.

--I over use "lol."

lol

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
- I can beat everyone with any character
- If I lose it's because of legit johns
- So that means I'm the best in the world

Accept it.

mariguas

Smash Apprentice
I was more than a year without playing with anyone, just doing combos in training and fighting a lvl 9 cp. Sometimes consumed some drugs and spent your days without sleep and still play.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Um... this is really hard to think of stuff. Good thread though. Battlecow always has the best thread ideas.

-I drop games vs LD in Fox dittos
-I fear platform camping
-Some random noobs (and I mean the level of people who, like, don't z-cancel and stuff) get way too many first hits on me, often with dumb things like Kirby FSmash spam
-I kind of think Hyrule should be banned now
-When I sandbag, I try to make it really obvious and hope that my opponent gets that I'm sandbagging because I'm vain and don't want my opponent to think I'm worse than I actually am

cmu6eh

Banned via Warnings
I like (J) better than (U). I think Smasherx74 is a pretty nice guy and has never been nothing but nice to me. I taunt on purpose at a bad times cause I think it is funny when someone gets hit while they are taunting.

kys

Smash Ace
I gave Smasher the benefit of the doubt back in the day. I was even nice back to him. But eventually he just digresses into acting like he always does. It's not worth your time.

tacos

Smash Journeyman
-I kick people whos names i dont' like
-I dont' actually eat tacos
-Yoshi was my first character(and only character for over a year since i started)
-I love campy games.
-congo for neutral
-hate fighting a good ness
-mint is my favorite smasher

Froski

Boss of Bosses
- Play worse in tournament like matches
- Despise keyboard players
- Play better at night
- Can't beat my brother
- Tend to lose more to people I respect (Not playing as hard as I could)

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
i have server reset powers for galaxy chicago (THANKS FIRO)

i appreciate the server too much, but not enough to give firo CASH for it (WTF srsly HOW)

im salty for not playing fox dittos with ballin tank or sheer on console when i had the chance

i didn't do enough prep for video recording at apex (seriously, **** SSD's + Hibernation then switching to HDD on laptops...)

if i try to get better, i can, but prefer to have fun laughing and messing around in game. play to enjoy yourself mentality

dont know how to camp well

still can't shine jab(working on it everytime i play from now on)

going to make and try to sell 3 over clocked consoles that will far surpass the ones i brought to apex in quality

think spacing sentences like so^ gets to be an eyesore after SO. MANY. LINES.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Confessions? I only respect fox / falcon players. Wheter I've beaten or lost to you and you use any other character, chances are I think very little of you as a player. Because you don't have the SKEELZ.

Sigh of relief.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Confessions? I only respect fox / falcon players. Wheter I've beaten or lost to you and you use any other character, chances are I think very little of you as a player. Because you don't have the SKEELZ.

Sigh of relief.
i like it. even though i'm simultaneously loling at falcon requiring SKEELZ.

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
I hate spacing for too long. The more time I spend spacing the more I get frustrated and feel like I'm playing too defensively. Gotta go fast

I go into training mode every now and then.

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
I like playing my secondaries against people that aren't as good as me, but I get salty and use my mains if I lose.

I get a sense of satisfaction when I help people lose faith in their character.

I have a hard time using drill moves for some reason.

I sometimes consider myself better than the people who play online without actually ever playing online myself for no good reason.

I have a Japanese version of smash bros but haven't gotten an adapter yet.

please forgive me, father

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Hmmm.

I probably dislike losing to Killer the most. Part of me acknowledges that he's really good these days but the other part just thinks he wins because of his keyboard.

I drop games to LD too. Embarrassing. But not Yoshi, I'm like 200-0 against him with Yoshi.

I'm disappointed with my Apex placing. Was hoping for 4th or 5th.

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
Good thread

- I dont play as good as I should in tournaments due to stress
- I play better when I get alot of sleep and at night time
- I dont like to play defensively to much and that ends up killing me in the end
- I go to training mode sometimes but feel its no help at all

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i have absolutely no respect for fox and kirby players. i like pika's, though, because i think every player uses him a little bit different. some people rely on fsmash/thunder edgeguard and some go out there with kamikaze intentions. some overuse usmash -> thunder and others opt for utilt -> bair.

but dair fair utilt nair bairing kirbies? or dair utilt bair laser camping foxes?

nah.

unless you're playing the two in a different way that isn't totally wack, no respek.

also, getting silenced for saying ***/****** on kaillera just makes me shake my head.

additional confession: as much as i enjoyed apex and meeting and talking to everyone and having fun...some folk really need to brush up on (or in some cases, outright DEVELOP) their social skills.

Top Bottom