• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Confessions

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
no respect for fox or kirby? i understand kirby, but fox???

kirby is gay all the time

fox is only gay if you camp

and you're gay if you camp

/salt

MattNF

Smash Lord
- Have a very hard time beating link
- Think a Kirby/Pikachu banned tournament would be pretty cool
- Think that keyboard is borderline cheating since you can have inhuman DI with minimal effort
- Think that teams takes more skill than 1v1

killa k

Smash Ace
- My original name was ShadowMario which I came up with in like 5 seconds with the thoughts "I play mario, and I use the brown color which is close to black."
- I got the nickname Shade from Ice Kokiri and Nephiros and stuck with it
- Sometimes I think my falcon is better than my fox
- I have very low confidence vs pika/kirby
- I think I have terrible DI at times
- I have more fun playing teams or ffa than 1v1
- I log on to kaillera under alts sometimes (you'll never know though ;))
- I'm...black?

Edit: I also dislike Fox dittos, or most other dittos for that matter v_v

malva00

Smash Master
don't like watching vids of AVERAGE players

lost to CPU level 9 in 2002

when I tell people to join my server chat if they want to p2p with LIVESTREAM, I expect people to say something when they enter my chat without me having to say something first (if they want to play)

I don't like cocky players (might depend on overall personality though)

Nintendude

Smash Hero
As much as I like being the main guy in charge of SSB at Apex, sometimes I really wish someone else could do it instead of me. I always go into my tournament matches not warmed up and barely get to play friendlies / meet people.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
I'm disappointed with my Apex placing. Was hoping for 4th or 5th.
Just curious: is there anyone who placed above you that you think you could/should have beaten?

I think everyone who placed above me is better than me by a good margin.

i have absolutely no respect for fox and kirby players. i like pika's, though, because i think every player uses him a little bit different. some people rely on fsmash/thunder edgeguard and some go out there with kamikaze intentions. some overuse usmash -> thunder and others opt for utilt -> bair.
wtf at pika having variety but not fox

additional confession: as much as i enjoyed apex and meeting and talking to everyone and having fun...some folk really need to brush up on (or in some cases, outright DEVELOP) their social skills.
would you tell me if you were talking about me? :)

don't like watching vids of AVERAGE players
curious what you consider AVERAGE lol

although on this note i gotta admit I like watching my own videos way too much

As much as I like being the main guy in charge of SSB at Apex, sometimes I really wish someone else could do it instead of me. I always go into my tournament matches not warmed up and barely get to play friendlies / meet people.
uh, even besides not being warmed up - how about it is just annoying having a dozen people all trying to get your attention at once?

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
I couldn't handle playing against Kirby as Fox, so I switched to Pikachu.

I only ever play against Kirby. ;_;

meowmeowrainbowkitty

Smash Apprentice
-I still have no idea why I SD so much.

-as falcon, i only ever techchase with shorthop dair because I think it leads to the coolest things. I only manage to pull it off like 10% of the time, now that everyone I play knows this.

-Idk why, but recently, i haven't been able to pull off the dair>utilt as kirby consistently.

-i not-so-secretly think i have great DI. but DI isn't enough when you drop combos left and right.

TANK64

Smash Lord
I'm disappointed with my Apex placing. Was hoping for ***top 15
THIS!!! ////////////wrist

It's cool though! I'M NOT MAD :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

And it's like, my "performance" wasn't "bad," but like, yea, that placing... those ties...

/delayed salt

Just curious: is there anyone who placed above you that you think you could/should have beaten?

I think everyone who placed above me is better than me by a good margin.

Thank you for asking. YES. I would say the 9th place peeps and above are players that are better than me be a measurable margin, and some by a lot, and some are leagues better than me. But from the 13th peeps through the 25th peeps just seems like a jumble of players with a LARGE variance in skill. And don't get me wrong, I don't think I'm better than all of them. I just think I'm better than a lot, and on the same level with a lot. For example I would say you and I are on the same level (you may disagree lol ), but you got 13th and I got 25th... Must be nice lol. But hey you earned it by beating cattle. I just feel like I had a single elimination. I know the system is not perfect but I'm salty. meh.

It's late.

I'm salty.

When I come back, I'm gonna train like cray and be invincible!!! #Apex'14

/shoutouts soon.

@Sheer, also thought you could have done better too. Still strong performance though, just a few spots off. Also lost sets to legit *** peeps (that you totally could have realistically pulled off mind you). You played some of the most entertaining sets/matches of the weekend :)

- I'm...black?
lol xD

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Thank you for asking. YES. I would say the 9th place peeps and above are players that are better than me be a measurable margin, and some by a lot, and some are leagues better than me. But from the 13th peeps through the 25th peeps just seems like a jumble of players with a LARGE variance in skill. And don't get me wrong, I don't think I'm better than all of them. I just think I'm better than a lot, and on the same level with a lot. For example I would say you and I are on the same level (you may disagree lol ), but you got 13th and I got 25th... Must be nice lol. But hey you earned it by beating cattle. I just feel like I had a single elimination. I know the system is not perfect but I'm salty. meh.
When you say 13th through 25th have a large variance in skill, it sounds like you mean they have a wide variety of skill levels. But from the rest of your post it kinda sounds like you think 13th through 25th are all pretty equal in skill. I'm curious how you rank all those people.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Yah I think I could have beaten a bunch of people ahead of me.

I beat Nangoku more than he beat me in our long session of friendlies.

I didn't lose to Kefit's Pikachu with my Yoshi once all weekend. And we played that match up at least 6-7 times.

Sensei beat me fair and square 2-1. But on the hyrule match I just kept running into the tent and paid for it. Need to be more patient. And on my 2nd or 3rd stock on game 3 I suicided at 0 which pretty much doomed me. Don't get me wrong I think Sensei can certainly beat me, but I think I can beat him too.

Vs Jaime my neutral game was actually pretty on point. I just missed literally edge guard I had vs him which pwned me. And I suicided at like 0 vs him too game 1. Again, I think he can beat me but I can also beat him.

Ruoka I dunno. I had two extremely close matches vs his DK but that's all I played vs him. My confidence says I had a shot at beating him too.

So yah there you go. I'm not saying the people above me weren't worthy of their placing, just saying I know I have the potential to beat any of them. :)

Goes the other way too though, banze certainly could have beaten me. Could have been different if we had a 2nd set.

TANK64

Smash Lord
When you say 13th through 25th have a large variance in skill, it sounds like you mean they have a wide variety of skill levels. But from the rest of your post it kinda sounds like you think 13th through 25th are all pretty equal in skill. I'm curious how you rank all those people.
Yeah. I mean variety lol. And no I won't fall into your trap (post who I def think I'm better than), but there's people on different levels scattered everywhere like I was saying. Obv the results are not going to be perfect with a bracket, I'm just more whining than anything.

From your post it sounds like you think the results where an accurate representation of the entrants' skill levels?

Kero lost to Isai and BRex.

I lost to Kikoushi and BRex.

Kero got 17th.

I got 25th.

-----> This has nothing to do with Kero/me. I'm just using this as an example.

Ceasar

Banned via Warnings
-I've played Smash 64 competitively for only three and a half months before Apex.

-I've been playing Brawl for almost 3 years, and surprisingly did better at the 64 tournament at Apex. I think I'm liking 64 more than Brawl. Although, I do not agree with my placing.

-I am Kerokeroppi's Smash 64 protege, since the start of my training. He's the one who introduced me to competitive play and trained me, and he improved his skills greatly through my improvement.

-Since the start of my training, I still do not own an N64 console and controller, and haven't experienced online play yet.

-The only way I trained alone was by watching Isai's videos and playing Smash 64 on the Wii with a gamecube controller.

-I honestly believed I had a chance against YBOMBB and Nintendude in tournament play. Although, I was a little disappointed from that random, accidental pause-and-quit that costed me a stock against Nintendude (lol). Regardless of my loss, great games!

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
ya'll misunderstood me about fox. i feel like i always see the same stuff happen with him in matches and it gets really irritating on kaillera when people play the same way all the time (camping, yeah, but also not going for the variance...choosing to stay locked into one style of a character is bleh).

everyone has potential for variance, and every player is different - but fox and kirby players seem to show the least, in my experience.

also, ballin, you're chill, no worries. but nah i wouldn't tell you you were socially inept if i thought so...that'd be mad rude

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Nintendude, just have a bunch of people help you out with it next time. I helped, and was willing to help a lot more.

If I happen to go next year I'll help you out as much as you want. Just find a group of 5-6 trustworthy people who can all switch off manning the desk, calling matches, and entering results.

Me, you, chain-ace, and I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find a couple more who are willing.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Yeah. I mean variety lol. And no I won't fall into your trap (post who I def think I'm better than), but there's people on different levels scattered everywhere like I was saying. Obv the results are not going to be perfect with a bracket, I'm just more whining than anything.

From your post it sounds like you think the results where an accurate representation of the entrants' skill levels?

Kero lost to Isai and BRex.

I lost to Kikoushi and BRex.

Kero got 17th.

I got 25th.

-----> This has nothing to do with Kero/me. I'm just using this as an example.
i wouldn't say it's 100% accurate at all. the way the bracket is set up has a big impact on the results.

is there anyone you think you're worse than in that grouping? or all pretty even?

see i'd say that the 13th-25th range is fairly even but you seem to be saying that there is a wider variety of skill levels there (that's why i was confused before).

ya'll misunderstood me about fox. i feel like i always see the same stuff happen with him in matches and it gets really irritating on kaillera when people play the same way all the time (camping, yeah, but also not going for the variance...choosing to stay locked into one style of a character is bleh).

everyone has potential for variance, and every player is different - but fox and kirby players seem to show the least, in my experience.
i think there's a big difference in style between, say, my fox, sheer's fox, solo's fox, and tank's fox. that's all i'm saying i guess.

also, ballin, you're chill, no worries. but nah i wouldn't tell you you were socially inept if i thought so...that'd be mad rude
idk if i were horribly socially inept i'd rather know than not know hehe

prisonchild

Smash Ace
- i don't have a main
- i need to improve my finger dexterity, not so much coordination but mostly speed
- i'm nervous to enter my first tourney
- sometimes i go to training mode and put the dummy on 'evade' and pretend i'm playing battlecow

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
The Star King said:
-When I sandbag, I try to make it really obvious and hope that my opponent gets that I'm sandbagging because I'm vain and don't want my opponent to think I'm worse than I actually am
I do that too, except then your opponent goes on and on about how great they are and you think "HOW DO YOU NOT GET I'M NOT TRYING; I'M APPROACHING YOU WITH FALCON PUNCH

And

- I practice the same few combos over and over in training mode because I'm not creative.

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
One of my worst flaws is I get grabbed way too much, always has been.

2 year break gives me a fresh start mentally in this game thank god, ima break this bad habit :)

Also I like battles that are extreme uphill fights, even if I lose. I feel I learn more that way. Guess I'm masochistic.

The Star King

Smash Hero
- sometimes i go to training mode and put the dummy on 'evade' and pretend i'm playing battlecow
lmao

also @_@ at the people who are using this thread to get their opinions out there, that they would normally say anyways... not really "confessions"

-MATTS! catches me all the time with his stupid neutral B anti-edgeguard (if you've played him you know what I'm talking about)
-I thought that I could beat Jaime in MATTS! tourneys in singles, because I think I can do anything Sheer can

@cobr_evolution Fox has to be one of the most variant characters in this game...

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman
I do that too, except then your opponent goes on and on about how great they are and you think "HOW DO YOU NOT GET I'M NOT TRYING; I'M APPROACHING YOU WITH FALCON PUNCH
'Tis the story of my life, except that it doesn't bother me if people know how good/bad I really am at Smash.

:cool:

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
even though i have 1 year exp in this game i feel i should play a lot better

my mindeset can turn sour at times, often irreparable(have to stop playing 5 mins to not feel ****ty and play bad)

Tom Bombadil

Smash Journeyman
@cobr_evolution Fox has to be one of the most variant characters in this game...
I agree that Fox has a ridiculous amount of options and when I watch videos I see a bunch of different play styles.

On the other hand, I agree with cobr_evolution in that, when I play online, I see MANY Fox players playing nearly the exact same way. It makes me wonder if there's a video I haven't seen that tells you percent by percent how to play Fox on Kaillera.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Same goes for every character though. Average competitive players probably have the least amount of playstyle variance of any skill level. Cuz they have an established metagame to conform to, while noobs haven't really gotten a good grasp of the competitive metagame yet and high level players are more creative/maybe play more to their own personal strengths (or just straight up choose better options than the most people do).

Plus that's just a consequence of being the most frequently played character on Kaillera along with Falcon.

TANK64

Smash Lord
is there anyone you think you're worse than in that grouping? or all pretty even?

see i'd say that the 13th-25th range is fairly even but you seem to be saying that there is a wider variety of skill levels there (that's why i was confused before).

i think there's a big difference in style between, say, my fox, sheer's fox, solo's fox, and tank's fox. that's all i'm saying i guess.
I would say everyone there is def good, but there are two groups of a measurable difference in skill.

I would say 8 peeps or so on my level and the rest not quite.

With the one exception being Banze.

I would put Banze above me (and obv everyone else in that grouping).

--Also yea, I agree about fox, but at the same time everyone online plays exactly the same lmao xDDDDDDDDDDDDD (so maybe that's what he's talking about).

also @_@ at the people who are using this thread to get their opinions out there, that they would normally say anyways... not really "confessions"
wut

I already did my "confessions" BRO. Just trying to have a CONVERSATION.

****in' mods...

Battlecow

Play to Win
Confession I never thought I'd make that exists so far in my deep dark subconscious that I've never even really admitted to myself that I think it:

I'm afraid that everyone will start playing pika 'cause he's so much better than everyone else and then all matches will be pika dittos and things will SUCK

PS prisonchild I don't get it are you saying I run away 'cause I was pretty AGGRO at apex since no one took me to HIDERULE

killa k

Smash Ace
Confession I never thought I'd make that exists so far in my deep dark subconscious that I've never even really admitted to myself that I think it:

I'm afraid that everyone will start playing pika 'cause he's so much better than everyone else and then all matches will be pika dittos and things will SUCK
I won't. I find pika boring for the most part.

Olikus

Smash Champion
Ive actually gone from pika only main, too having 3 mains. I like that better =)

weedwack

Smash Journeyman
Fascinating. Battlecow's deepest fear is that people will be like him.

Top Bottom