• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

smash camp, October. malvern hills, birmingham.

Kone

Smash Master
After the success of sny I am jumping straight into hosting another event. I like to point that I have also booked sny2 for next year (keeping the name sny).

Anyway I really enjoyed the setup of sny ie nice venue, beds and food served. I just felt that the event was so large I couldn't enjoy peoples company or play smash.

Saying that I have found a different venur 30 mins from where I live. It is a much smaller venue than sny and only has twenty beds.

Therefore this event is going to have more emphasis on being a camp to hang out together and emphasis on crews.

There will be limited numbers so I'm thinking sdb, iddy, tams crew and maybe tesco/occ we could have more as people are able to camp at the venue.

As with sny therell be loads of tvs, projector and screen.

It'll be 4. QUID A NIGHT AND TWO NIGHTS OVER A WEEKEND.

Kone

Smash Master
I'm not sure I would call. This a national its more like sdb, lc and tams lot and a few others. There are only twenty beds. I'm thinking 3 way crew tourney and singles and doubles. The three crews could do it semi regularly iam thinking tri natuon like I.e. south africa, australia and new zealand.

The only way we could add more crews to this (five nations?! Occ/tesco) or potentially a uk national is if people are prepared to camp. I have some tents and asda sell them cheap!

Rang place up! Price change. 8 a night and 3.50 camping a night. We get a ten percent discount if we have a large group so it'll be cheaper. I stilp think its worth it.

sounds good ed

maybe you can hold nationals, and I hold monthlies? ^_^

also melee only or brawl + melee?

Will Savage

Smash Cadet
Wow this sounds exciting, hope I can join this 'LC' crew (Leicester City?) before this. Would be really great fun if I was allowed to come to this with them!

I hope both Super Smash Bros. games are there as well!

j3ly

Smash Champion
if ur a mod there is a little computer icon next to the post #. so long as the mod has power over those threads, its sooo easy to tell.

besides willz, join tesco crew once you become a seed :)

this is an expellement idea. lets thing about this from a london pov:

train prices: £8-£16 depending on time booked
additional fees: £2 getting to euson, £2 returning home, £4 cabs to venue both ways inc.
2 nights stay: £7 - £16
expendables: £4 - £20
money retuned in MM's: £5 (lol)

so thats a minimum £23 for the whole weekend (wow thats alot less then i would spend anyway)
or a much more probable £35-£40-£50 (depending on train tickets and cab prices etc)

thats not toooo bad all things considered.. ill come if king or pms or unreal can come, and if we can get a date asap so the trains are not so expensive. distance from longbridge - venue?

Will Savage

Smash Cadet
besides willz, join tesco crew once you become a seed :)

this is an expellement idea. lets thing about this from a london pov:
I'm sure Willz would of considered joining Tesco crew, but I think he's quit smash after getting banned from this website! :urg:

Also, is expellement even a word??? :dizzy:

Will Savage

Smash Cadet
I bet that person will be really good when he comes back though! Especially considering he's going to be playing with the likes of Armada and Calle W!

GEEZ LOUISE!!!

Yeniths

East Midlands!
You wish, I have switched to Falco to btw, it'll take some getting used to, but it'll be better then my Fox in time, I'll use fox for Jiggs and them stupid matchups still tho lol.

Not sure if I'll be at Willz this sat to sorry :S. Maybe going to London with Colette

Brado

Smash Lord
I'd recommend sticking with Falco for Jiggs Yen, but its obviously best you use whatever your comfortable with haha

Make Willz saturday d00d! I'm working a crappy shift so I can play smash :p

Will Savage

Smash Cadet
Yeniths just asked me on msn if I could host a 'festival' on Thursday! O_O

I'll have to ask my parents about that!

X1-12

Smash Champion
Kone I just saw this and there's no words for how cool this would be. I'd gladly help out or w/e with anything that needs doing. I'll see about travel prices too now

do you know when there'll be a confirmed date?

ddiz

Smash Journeyman
Cant believe Mr otter is goin.......
i really hope i can make this but gotta get into a crew
Any1 willing to recruit the worse player in the UK? ^^

X1-12

Smash Champion
ddiz you are not the worst, lol also just play people and you will get better so much faster, also practise stuff like short hop lasers and things

ddiz

Smash Journeyman
still gota find a crew willing to take a falco player that doesnt use lasers

mmm "smash cadet"...progress

VA

Smash Hero
Agreed, if you can´t powershield you suck xD

I´ll be coming to any event I can get my smash starved mitts on when I get back.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Kone, Any news? on when/who

btw I am part of Tam and Georges crew :p our name is SATiRe if that helps you remember:laugh:

Top Bottom