• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brothers tournament Aug 20th!! Columbus Ohio! Cash Payout!

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
I would come to this if it weren't on the same day I'll probably be at Matsuricon.

We'll see how my plans work out. T^T

Battlecow

Play to Win
Hi guys-

Just checking:

You'll be using the 64 BR Ruleset, yes?

And there's a guaranteed $100 first place prize for 64?

If so, I'll probably be coming and accepting Money matches in 64.

Gamers2pro

Smash Cadet
If you have questions about the rules call and ask for Matt at the store. 614-889-6991. All of these games WILL be played on the LCD TV'S, we will allow only about four personal setups, you must come early to setup. We will not be letting guys setup in tournament hours.

Yes 100$ payout for each 1st place winner for each game. Total of 300$ guaranteed cash payout. Spread the word boys!! Lets show NOS we are serious gamers!

Battlecow

Play to Win
How much?

Normally I'd be down for however much you wanted to lose, but I haven't played on controller for years, so...

IDK. I'll still probably be down for however much you want to lose lol

Best of five, shall we say?

Also Ugh @ the LCD TV's. Owell though, I'll bring a setup...

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
Do these tv lag? I swear if we come all the way there to play on laggy *** TVs I'll be pissed. And why only four personal setups? What if a million people show up? I dont like where this is going..

:phone:

Battlecow

Play to Win
@Carroll- Yes, the TV's will lag. Yes, it sucks donkeyballs. I'm going to try to play on my own setup as much as possible.

Hey Gio- since you're so confident, what do you say to $50? Or were you thinking more?

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
Ohhhhhh girl.. Gio bout to get that free money :yeahboi: Looooooool

And I can't wait to get there and be in a tourney where only the four personal setups will be used because no one will play on the LCDs. No friendlies for me..

:phone:

Battlecow

Play to Win
I think the brawl people will play on the LCD's, right? Isn't brawl, like, so slow that delay doesn't matter?

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
enh... I don't think the TVs will lag unless they are HDTVs, if they are, this tourney will be unplayable since you won't let people bring setups.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Do LCD's not lag at all? Like, 0 frames?

*confused*

Whatever, there's a $100 pot so I'd play on a microwave if I had to lol

only $50? are you some kind of *****?

I hope your keyboard-using kaillera fake "smash" skills translate at least a little bit to console, I want things to be a bit entertaining for me.

:yeahboi:

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
2 tournaments the same day within an hour of each other...

WTF

Decisions decisions

Battlecow

Play to Win
only $50? are you some kind of *****?

I hope your keyboard-using kaillera fake "smash" skills translate at least a little bit to console, I want things to be a bit entertaining for me.

:yeahboi:
You wanna do more?

And I get about a tenth of my total skills on console. Maybe a bit less. More than enough to beat your inbred noob-playing ***.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Lolz. This kid ain't even on the 64 boards, and he already promised not to use kirby, the only character that could possibly give a nub like him an outside shot at me. How's he supposed to beat me?

Prediction: 3 5-stocks in a row (assuming we're playing Bo5)

Maybe a JV 6 in there. IDK how good he is.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Just called this Matt guy- they are using the BR ruleset for 64, although they're changing up the number of games to a set (still double elimination though). Seems like good rules, in other words (Yay!)

FlipX

Smash Ace
So I take it this is the columbus tourny people are going to for melee? PA homies get at me with that confirmation so we all go to the same place haha

Top Bottom