• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Direct on April 8th, 3pm PST!!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
2 words: No C-stick.

No C-stick = bad controller for Smash.
I just map Smash attacks to the D-Pad.

Anyway, I suggest all controller talk be taken elsewhere, as it really has nothing to do with the Direct.

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
Wii U Pro Controller will make for a suitable replacement for the Gamecube controller, but there's adapters you can get on Amazon that let you use GC controllers anyway.
Yeah, but they suffer from fairly significant input lag. Poor choice for Smash Bros. Check out the reviews of the GameCube adapters. It's a shame, but I pretty much love the Pro anyway.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The length of a Nintendo Direct is never shown before hand, though normally a global Nintendo Direct is at least 30 minutes. More minor ones are shorter, like about 15 minutes.
Well they usually do show the length like... the hour/half-hour before the Direct iirc, but yeah, we won't know until pretty close to it starting.

And considering this is a special Direct, there's a chance it won't even follow that convention.

ActionHankBeard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ActionHankBeard
Aside from my, uh, controversial desire :troll:, I'd also like to see Sakurai detail the music in the game. Will we be able to add our own music? How many Brawl, Melee, and even Smash 64 tracks are gonna return? What's the ratio between remixes and direct music rios gonna be?

Man I wanna add my own music. Without hacking, too. Like, you get an MP3 file on the SD card, the game reads it, and you can choose how loud it is and where the track loops.
I'd really like some remixed Smash 64 music.

D

Deleted member

I can play Smash easily without the C-Stick. No C-Stick = bad for inexperienced players.

On Topic: WOOHOO! Direct in less than two days! ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN! CHOO-CHOOOOOOOO!

All I can guarantee is Yoshi's confirmation. I have nothing else to say, so leave it to Alfonzo.:p

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622

Sooo... it basically sucks. >.>
I'd rather play with my friends with Wiimotes than not being able to play with them at all...and...a lack of C-Stick a bad controller does not make, you can still do everything just fine :v I mean, if people hate the Wiimote so much, then don't ****ing use it, there's a reason they give like 100 controller options.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
At least this thread has acted as an effective quarantine hype zone so far. Now we just have to make sure it doesn't spill out everywhere come Tuesday...
It won't.

It'll be all over the character discussion forum.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
42 hours until Mii is unveiled :troll:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'd rather play with my friends with Wiimotes than not being able to play with them at all...and...a lack of C-Stick a bad controller does not make, you can still do everything just fine :v I mean, if people hate the Wiimote so much, then don't ****ing use it, there's a reason they give like 100 controller options.
I'll gladly explain why it's a bad controller in the general discussion thread but otherwise we're derailing.

I got 99 options

but GC ain't one.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I hope they announce Wii Balance Board control options for Smash 4. :troll:

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Makes me wonder...when will be the best time to reveal Miis? I mean, we all hate them, so I guess the earlier the better to get all of the hatred out of our systems. That being said, Miis would be ok to reveal at this direct. ONLY if it is balanced by another highly popular newcomer (Mewtwo, Palutena, whoever).

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
Makes me wonder...when will be the best time to reveal Miis? I mean, we all hate them, so I guess the earlier the better to get all of the hatred out of our systems. That being said, Miis would be ok to reveal at this direct. ONLY if it is balanced by another highly popular newcomer (Mewtwo, Palutena, whoever).
Anything but Mii's. Why people want them in the game is beyond me.

D

Deleted member

Is there really any other reason to assume Miis are in other than the E3 leak which is questionable as hell anyway, and their relevance to last gen? Because otherwise I'm not seeing any.

Last edited by a moderator:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I think the GC controller not being an option is fine. That means every controller will have roughly the same amount of input lag and there won't be a controller that is obviously above that.

Basically, since there aren't any wired controllers this time, everyone's on equal ground, except for Wiimote users obviously.

Anyway, can someone link to a thread that's suitable for controller talk? I don't wanna derail the thread that's about...uh...just general hype, I guess?

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Miis could have their own unique moveset or they could also be used as customizable characters. That being said, I think there should be a major limit on move sets and whatnot, but besides that, I see nothing wrong with Miis.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
42 hours until Mii is unveiled :troll:

expect the worst and you will be pleasantly surprised
Mii would be a huge buzzkill because 1. it's miserably predictable and 2. it's overwhelmingly favored by the casual crowd. It's coming eventually but what I'm really hoping is that it's an unlockable character and not revealed until the game comes out as not to rain on this upcoming Direct and E3. I've made peace with Miis being freakishly likely a long time ago but few things would make my hype train crash and burn faster than them being revealed before release.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Is there really any other reason to assume Miis are in other than the E3 leak which is questionable as hell anyway?
I think they are pretty much for sure in due to major relevance, stages confirmed centered around Miis, customization options/sports moveset, they have a ton of games/high selling games, etc.

I hate them almost as much as Toon Link, but I can't deny their prominence.

But they're just so damn ugly! Ugh, why can't they have actual limbs and not floating circles for hands, why Nintendo? Like, if they are supposed to represent actual people, make their bloody limbs attach!

Sorry, I'm rambling.

EDIT: Actually, them being unlockable instead of being announced and ruining my hype? Sounds good to me!

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
They should announce the Wii Vitality Sensor as a control option.
It would be funny if the game sassed you based on your controller inputs.

"Shields don't last forever, you know."

"Really? There's more than one button."

"Did you know that if you press the A button and the analog stick at the same time, and hit your opponent with it, in rapid succession, you perform a sequence known as a combo?"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think they are pretty much for sure in due to major relevance, stages confirmed centered around Miis, customization options/sports moveset, they have a ton of games/high selling games, etc.

But they're just so damn ugly! Ugh, why can't they have actual limbs and not floating circles for hands, why Nintendo? Like, if they are supposed to represent actual people, make their bloody limbs attach!

Sorry, I'm rambling.
OKAY FIRST OFF DON'T YOU DARE **** ON TOON LINK
Secondly I doubt they're in just because of stages and customization options, plus customizable movesets would wreak havoc on the balance of the game, something that they seem to be treating more delicately than previous games. Plus if we're talking relevance, they would've been in Brawl.

Last edited by a moderator:

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
Miis could have their own unique moveset or they could also be used as customizable characters. That being said, I think there should be a major limit on move sets and whatnot, but besides that, I see nothing wrong with Miis.
Opening up customization would only result in the cherrypicking of the best moves for competitive play, and no items, Mii only, Final Destination gameplay. I'd much prefer a general balancing of the others, and no customizable character whatsoever. If Mii's were given their own moveset they'd be far more justifiable, though they're still not my cup of tea. Still, if some people are fond of them I guess I see the desire.

D

Deleted member

Anything but Mii's. Why people want them in the game is beyond me.
I would be indifferent if they were confirmed. Something about them seems fitting in Mario Kart Wii-8, but not in Smash Bros. I guess I never cared for controlling a cartoonish avatar of myself in a fighting game.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Secondly I doubt they're in just because of stages and customization options. Plus if we're talking relevance, they would've been in Brawl.
Sorry, I just hate Toon Link so much because he was brought back as a bloody clone (And the only clone so far at that). If he had an original moveset, I'd welcome him with open arms.

As for Brawl, I think they weren't included because they were still gaining publicity and whatnot. They had all these new games centered around them since then.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This Direct is possible, but I hope they save them for E3 when it's much likelier we get more than one newcomer.

andimidna

Smash Master

Sorry, I'm rambling.

EDIT: Actually, them being unlockable instead of being announced and ruining my hype? Sounds good to me!
I like your opinions. Say more things.

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
I would be indifferent if they were confirmed. Something about them seems fitting in Mario Kart Wii-8, but not in Smash Bros. I guess I never cared for controlling a cartoonish avatar of myself in a fighting game.
They'd need to be given opposable joints to begin with, and they are just so damn ugly it'd be a shame to see them alongside the beautifully redesigned characters. If they make it I have no doubt they'll go unused by me.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I think the hype for this is reaching critical levels.

I just got a text from my friend who said that one of his profs is canceling their Tuesday class because the prof wants to watch the Smash Bros. direct and it airs when they have class.

I think it's hilarious in hindsight because he was asking me if he should skip class to see the presentation earlier today. :p

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ugh, why can't they have actual limbs and not floating circles for hands, why Nintendo? Like, if they are supposed to represent actual people, make their bloody limbs attach!

Mii have limbs most of the time.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Secondly I doubt they're in just because of stages and customization options, plus customizable movesets would wreak havoc on the balance of the game, something that they seem to be treating more delicately than previous games. Plus if we're talking relevance, they would've been in Brawl.
Eh, 2 years doesnt seem like a long time to become too relevant, but its been 8 years, so I think Miis have a strong place in Nintendo now

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I think the hype for this is reaching critical levels.

I just got a text from my friend who said that one of his profs is canceling their Tuesday class because the prof wants to watch the Smash Bros. direct and it airs when they have class.

I think it's hilarious in hindsight because he was asking me if he should skip class to see the presentation earlier today. :p

They should watch the direct in class on a giant projector or something, watch the prof freak out when a hype worthy character is confirmed. Heh.

Top Bottom