• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Direct on April 8th, 3pm PST!!

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
What if the trophies he revealed are the order of the next reveals?

Ike/Chrom -> Ganondorf -> Palutena -> Ridley

But by now that is just mere speculation. If the next reveal turns out to be Ike or Chrom then I will believe it myself xD.
I completely agree with this. I personally don't really care for Ridley...but when I went to the character discussion section about possible characters, all the topics average like 20000 views until you see Ridley..which is close to 500000. I was so surprised by how many people are supporting Ridley. I personally think he was potentially confirmed as a boss, but Sakurai is a master troll so you can never be too sure; just look at his stunt with ZSS lol. I think he would need to include Ridley to simply avoid the massive amount of backlash he will receive if he is not included. Same with King K, whom I also dont really care for.

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
For those who still think that Sakurai didn't troll with the mewtwo-greninja thing:
The difference between those fingers is really big.

peachy!

super princess
For those who still think that Sakurai didn't troll with the mewtwo-greninja thing:
Wow.

Maybe that’s what the Nintendo employee’s tweet was all about. I feel like a conspiracy theorist talking about the Illuminati whenever I try to break down the Smash Bros. Direct.

There are so many subliminal messages in that video. The trophies, the substitute doll, etc. And now that I take a closer look at Greninja’s fingers, the reveal trailer might also be providing some hints. It’s hugely about Pokémon, so Mewtwo being hinted at isn’t really out of the question.

Thanks for the pic, man.

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Yeah, im excited for the Final Destination mode too. I hated Brawl's Final destination cause its the only damn map people wanted to play and I grew so weary of the music on it, and I love my music. It will be epic being able to fight final-destination style with Ballad of the Goddess, Dr. Wily's Castle, Star Wolf, etc.

Edit; double post:

Yeah I noticed the fingers on Greninja fooled me too. Its the first thing I noticed, obviously expecting Mewtwo from the start, and when I saw who it was I wondered where his webbed fingers went.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
any chance that the pokemon in the cave at the start IS actually Mewtwo, and Greninja just pops out of somewhere else? The fingers are pretty blatant...

gamer8

Smash Lord
any chance that the pokemon in the cave at the start IS actually Mewtwo, and Greninja just pops out of somewhere else? The fingers are pretty blatant...
Well, his other hand has webbing on it. Just the one closest to the camera doesn't, so I guess Sakurai was really just trying to fool us there.

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Ok so the 3ds version is coming out in May? And the Wii u version in November?

might as well get the 3ds version i can't wait that long and mario kart 8 isn't gonna calm my thirst for battle for 4 or 5 months. Damn you Skaurai.

*The Sensus Crustulum*

Smash Journeyman
Wow.

Maybe that’s what the Nintendo employee’s tweet was all about. I feel like a conspiracy theorist talking about the Illuminati whenever I try to break down the Smash Bros. Direct.

There are so many subliminal messages in that video. The trophies, the substitute doll, etc. And now that I take a closer look at Greninja’s fingers, the reveal trailer might also be providing some hints. It’s hugely about Pokémon, so Mewtwo being hinted at isn’t really out of the question.

Thanks for the pic, man.
Now, now, I think Sakurai is a massive troll.

...ly not Mewtwo's either.

Mewtwo can't learn Water Shuriken, and his fingers have little bulges at the ends.
They removed the webbing from his hands in one shot and showed this ambiguous three fingered hand charging an energy ball. It doesn't become a Water Shuriken until the cut back to him again. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's blatantly not Mewtwo. Nearly everyone thought it was Mewtwo at first.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
They removed the webbing from his hands in one shot and showed this ambiguous three fingered hand charging an energy ball. It doesn't become a Water Shuriken until the cut back to him again. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's blatantly not Mewtwo. Nearly everyone thought it was Mewtwo at first.
It was pretty confusing, but you could tell it wasn't from the fact that it was (iir) pretty clearly a water or water-like attack, as opposed to the gaseous-looking Shadow Ball.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Am I really one of the few that knew that was Greninja as soon as I saw him? I mean he made a freaking ninja hand sign....while upside down...while making a spinning water shuriken :ohwell:

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
To be honest I think they made Greninja's hand like that not to hint at Mewtwo but to make things a bit more ambiguous in general as to build up the surprise more for when he was "revealed" later in the trailer.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
To be honest I think they made Greninja's hand like that not to hint at Mewtwo but to make things a bit more ambiguous in general as to build up the surprise more for when he was "revealed" later in the trailer.
Exactly. The fingers don't look like Greninja's but they most certainly don't look like Mewtwo's either. Frankly, Greninja's actual fingers look more like Mewtwo's than the ambiguous shadowy ones.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
The better question: Why was he shadowed so much? He was standing on a branch on the side of a canyon wall in the middle of broad daylight, not some cave. =P

Hitzel

Smash Ace
The better question: Why was he shadowed so much? He was standing on a branch on the side of a canyon wall in the middle of broad daylight, not some cave. =P
I don't know, but it definitely has nothing to do with him being a Dark-Type Pokemon.

Last edited:

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
Probaly people already discussed that but which month you think the wii u version will launch?

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Probaly people already discussed that but which month you think the wii u version will launch?
Late November
Please Sakurai...

I think Tomodachi Life nearly guarantees a spot for Miis. I don't have a 3DS, but I found the WJT moments very amusing.

It also bolsters the chances for Reggii.

Last edited by a moderator:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Rewatched the direct, I feel at 17:28 right before he shows Samus in pyrosphere theres a quick flash of an image before it focuses on Samus...
I can't get it to pause on it.
Then after he says "did you catch it?"
... I'm thinking too deep into this

Last edited:

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Rewatched the direct, I feel at 17:28 right before he shows Samus in pyrosphere theres a quick flash of an image before it focuses on Samus...
Yea there is something there. A time stamp appears in the bottom right.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

Last edited:

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
It shows a full shot of Pyroshere, with Mario, Fox and MM screwing around waiting to get blasted before rapidly zooming in on Samus. Is that what you're talking about?
Off the top of my head, Samus still has a tether grab,

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
That's weird, does it match the time of the video?

Last edited:

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
I keep seeing people saying that Miis are out now.... did I miss something?

HeroOfClocktown

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HeroOfClocktown
After paying attention to the non-gameplay sections of the Direct there were two things I noticed:

Sakurai randomly turning into a Substitute after talking about Arceus. It didn't even register the first time I watched it. That's actually pretty funny.

The other one is he has Pit behind him when he talks about other characters in the game. It's kind of weird that they went out of their way to move all the other figures and place Pit there by himself. He's not the only one who changed, and he's not even the first one they talk about (it's Kirby) I don't think it's some hidden message or anything, it just struck me as odd that at one point they paused the feed, moved all the figures, and place Pit there all by himself.
Interesting & cool points, but I don't think it's anything more than that.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
Good spotting!
Generally, when dealing with mathematical proportions, a colon in between numbers is a way of saying "is to"
For example if I were to write x:11: :: 6:2, it's read as "x is to 11 as 6 is to two". The following equation: (x/11 = 6/2) comes from this.

Never in my Aeronautics class have I come across a number with 4 colons in between them, so the best I can figure out is 01 is to 08 as 55 is to 16. 1/8 = 55/16.

Knowing that this clearly means nothing in terms of mathematical equations, it's possible that this is some sort of countdown timer. Although that also wouldn't make any sense, considering that if it were 1 month, 8 days, 55 hours doesn't fit. Because.. they'd just write 2 extra days, instead of 55 hours.

I feel like some sort of conspiracy nut trying to figure this out. Is it possible it's just some kind of IP address? Maybe a glitch/mistake?
To the person who snapped this photo, did you realize the number start to change at all while taking the quick snap? If so, it's definitely a countdown timer. If not, it means something else.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
The find mii stage has a mii in it.

However, I don't buy it.
Yeah, I don't see that as a reason to say they're not in. It's even less valid that Toon Link on the train meaning Toon Link couldn't be in, because Miis are all unique. It's not like there's only one Mii. =P

Top Bottom