• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Direct on April 8th, 3pm PST!!

MrGamer419

Smash Cadet
Does anyone notice that they use diddys brawl artwork rather then his new one

Last edited:

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Thought on Mega Charizard and Lucario.... People keep saying that the lack of a Final Smash glow means they can't be final smashes...

But when they showed Giga Mac, after the transformation finished, Giga Mac wasn't glowing, and the background returned to normal lighting.

http://youtu.be/7xUWnQu2Grs?t=27m23s

So we can't rule out the possibility of them being final smashes.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
So are Mii's still a thing? I think the direct disconfirmed them. I hope so.

HeroOfClocktown

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HeroOfClocktown
After seeing that tweet saying that we missed a lot of stuff, I decided I'll watch the whole direct and try and pause in between sudden moments to see if I catch anything.
I'm 2 minutes in and so far I have gotten this;
pyro.jpg

Samurai Goroh (Thank you to Staarih) from the F-zero series, appears to be an assist trophy.
Apologies if anybody else has gotten this.
I will continue to edit and update this post everytime I find something new.

Update:
Luma is Red instead of her standard yellow(Pause at 2:51 of the direct).You will be able to change her colour, it seems.

It also seems I cannot add more than one image to threads, so I won't be able to provide anymore photo's. Although, I will continue to post what time to pause & what else to see.

Another update:
Okay seriously, I've gone through this entire video and I've found squat in terms of clues. That twitter account is either trolling or they're actually hiding something.
I have found nothing entirely interesting, other than the fact many characters have 2-3 different moves from Brawl, but that's stated in the direct anyway. So I really don't know what else.

If you pause at 37:04 you can see the other Pokemon that will most likely be pokeball Pokemon, not playable characters. This has been stated like 100 times though.

I also froze frame every single time there was the Pyrosphere stage to see if I could make out any Ridley clues, and found nothing at all. Looked for shadows/lighting, I even downloaded the video from YouTube, put it in slowmo, paused every 0.5-1 seconds, and still found nothing in terms of Ridley.

There's about 20-30 times the stage appears, and I can guarantee you I thoroughly checked through there, and there was no sign of Ridley emerging from anywhere - Although, there are loads of cracks/holes in the walls of that stage, plus a big door right behind the stage that seems to flash & change colours from time to time. Maybe he could emerge from there, who knows.

Somebody else try to make an attempt at this.. Spent so long playing and pausing and got hardly anything.

Last edited:

CrimsonVallier

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KipVallier
3DS FC
3866-8291-8606
Have you guys noted that only 3 items from Brawl havent been shown yet???
1.fan
2.party ball
3.cracker launcher
other than that there is a LOT of items...
I'm so happy:joyful:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Have you guys noted that only 3 items from Brawl havent been shown yet???
1.fan
2.party ball
3.cracker launcher
other than that there is a LOT of items...
I'm so happy:joyful:
So happy too!

Last edited:

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
it says smash releases in winter 2014 that only leaves dec 21-31 since winter dont start till then

D

Deleted member

it says smash releases in winter 2014 that only leaves dec 21-31 since winter dont start till then
I don't think they mean "winter" literally, they probably just mean "sometime in the winter timeframe", which can stretch into November in some cases.
You people need to have a bit of patience I swear to god.

Last edited by a moderator:

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
It's a smart business move. Sucks for us who wanted to experience the game on Wii U but instead have to settle for the 3DS. We'll know the roster before it comes out :(

This is the first time I've come back to this thread and no one has posted in it sense it was made.

Anyway, did anyone ever figure out what that Nintendo employee was tweeting about? The only thing I could figure is maybe we're looking in the wrong spot. Maybe it's not in the gameplay, but when the camera is on Sakurai. He has a lot of toys and figurines out. Maybe there is a secret there. Or maybe the shot of the Namco building.

Or the Nintendo employee could have been trying to get us to watch the Direct over and over again.

HeroOfClocktown

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HeroOfClocktown
This is the first time I've come back to this thread and no one has posted in it sense it was made.

Anyway, did anyone ever figure out what that Nintendo employee was tweeting about? The only thing I could figure is maybe we're looking in the wrong spot. Maybe it's not in the gameplay, but when the camera is on Sakurai. He has a lot of toys and figurines out. Maybe there is a secret there. Or maybe the shot of the Namco building.

Or the Nintendo employee could have been trying to get us to watch the Direct over and over again.
I figured the exact same thing. I've watched thoroughly through every second of that direct, pausing and observing, and I found nothing. Maybe that employee didn't notice the stuff we've pointed out? It could be that way too, lol.

After paying attention to the non-gameplay sections of the Direct there were two things I noticed:

Sakurai randomly turning into a Substitute after talking about Arceus. It didn't even register the first time I watched it. That's actually pretty funny.

The other one is he has Pit behind him when he talks about other characters in the game. It's kind of weird that they went out of their way to move all the other figures and place Pit there by himself. He's not the only one who changed, and he's not even the first one they talk about (it's Kirby) I don't think it's some hidden message or anything, it just struck me as odd that at one point they paused the feed, moved all the figures, and place Pit there all by himself.

Last edited:

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
After paying attention to the non-gameplay sections of the Direct there were two things I noticed:

Sakurai randomly turning into a Substitute after talking about Arceus. It didn't even register the first time I watched it. That's actually pretty funny.

The other one is he has Pit behind him when he talks about other characters in the game. It's kind of weird that they went out of their way to move all the other figures and place Pit there by himself. He's not the only one who changed, and he's not even the first one they talk about (it's Kirby) I don't think it's some hidden message or anything, it just struck me as odd that at one point they paused the feed, moved all the figures, and place Pit there all by himself.
I noticed the substitute my second time watching too. It made me lol and my friends didn't catch it and thought I was laughing for no reason. =p

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I noticed the substitute my second time watching too. It made me lol and my friends didn't catch it and thought I was laughing for no reason. =p
The funny thing is that substitute doll is the exact same one Greninja uses. It was foreshadowing and we didn't even see it.

Also, that info about the Pit figure is interesting. I have a pretty strong feeling Palutena is a newcomer. Not really news, but all signs seem to point to her.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
What if the trophies he revealed are the order of the next reveals?

Ike/Chrom -> Ganondorf -> Palutena -> Ridley

But by now that is just mere speculation. If the next reveal turns out to be Ike or Chrom then I will believe it myself xD.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Could someone link me to the Smash Bros Direct in Japanese? If it's like the Developers Direct, you will be able to hear the Music/sound effects and the awesome voice of Sakurai much better in that one.

But, I can't find it, for whatever reason. D:

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
What if the trophies he revealed are the order of the next reveals?

Ike/Chrom -> Ganondorf -> Palutena -> Ridley

But by now that is just mere speculation. If the next reveal turns out to be Ike or Chrom then I will believe it myself xD.
I was thinking much the same thing, but I was a bit greedier. I'm sure Ganondorf is a shoe-in, but I'm hoping Fi was hinting at the inclusion of Demon Lord Ghirahim. =p He would be an utterly FABULOUS addition to Smash Brother. =p

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
That's something I'm wondering, are we supposed to find something that can be seen in the trailer, or something hidden that we have to deduce?
Well, the Nintendo employee only says that we 'missed something', so it's hard to say. The only Think I can thik of are the random trophies. Unless he meant the return of the Kremlings, but I doubt anyone would miss those. ^^

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Maybe what we missed was the the Mii models from the Direct are new - and made for this game. Why would Sakurai spend time creating a new Mii model...

:troll:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
lol, seeing how there's a Mii in the Cage, but no Mii in the Cage in the first screen, kinda hints at "When Mii is in Play, the Cage is empty. I mean, how else would the Mii battle?"

Ah. When Mii is in Play, Kellam takes his Place. Kellam: wait, there is he..?

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I feel like there was so much shown, much of which wasn't emphasized (blue shell, dragoon parts, Kremlings, etc etc) that "Lol you guys missed stuff" is an extremely easy thing to say.

I highly doubt Nintendo is monitoring us.

Side note, anybody else feel that Sakurai + Namco is trying very hard to appease the casual AND tournament crowds? they've talked about balance more in the development of this game than I remember ever seeing for Melee or Brawl. Then they're building in the No Items - FD - Fox only mode for a random player online mode...
Also, the customized moveset thing is VERY interesting. I'm wondering if that will work with like clickable options, or sliders, or number values, or etc.... Seems like they could be implementing a "balance it yourself" option with this, which would be HUGE.

(also, I can't really explain this, but watching the footage, it honestly is like they have seen some things they liked from P:M)

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
lol @ hardwick nerding out, then forgetting Charizard was playable in Brawl.
Oh well, it's nice to see it get some airtime. That show is usually pretty funny, btw.

VhatDeHel

Smash Apprentice
Something I've noticed in addition to the smoke trail that now follows a character who has just been hit and seems to go away after hitstun has worn off is the colored trails. Sakurai has mentioned them before as being colored trails that show up to signify who will get credit for the kill if the character gets KO'd, but I notice these colored trails mostly show up after a big hit, and I haven't seen any characters airdodge or attack out of a hit denoted by a colored trail. Maybe this could be a compromise of sorts in terms of hitstun. Little hits denoted by white puffclouds that you can shortly airdodge out of after the clouds go away, and then big hits denoted by a long colored trail that you cannot immediately airdodge out of. Thoughts?

Top Bottom