• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Direct on April 8th, 3pm PST!!

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Okay does that handmotion that he does mean something? When at the end he says "the director" he does this thing with his hands, and I noticed he did it in other places too.

Kef

Smash Apprentice
I just wanted to give my own opinion on the whole Ridley scenario that we have now. Even though in my book the character is almost guaranteed to be a Stage Hazard at this point (99% or so), I still believe there's some thin strings Ridley believers can hold on to that have not been mentioned before (only showing shadow, trophy quiz theory etc.). I think we should pay a little more attention to Ridley's behavior in the trailer.

[Couldn't show everything with the 5 sec. limit on MakeAGIF]

My point here is, Ridley is not shown attacking anyone. Ridley simply flies in with the same animation he leaves to the left side of the screen, waits a long time in it's idle animation and proceeds to exit the screen once again. There is no trigger of a player being nearby it because we see Pikachu walk really close to him at one point. After leaving the screen, he almost immediately turns back (in what appears to be a more "shaky" animation). I see no point in showing Ridley strolling from one place to another peacefully seeing how Pyrosphere is large enough for the Smash team to make him wreck the field. So, is Ridley a really large character? Time limit flight mechanic? Was Ridley shown in his size after eating a Super Mushroom (lol)? Who knows, believe what you want to believe.

Counter arguments to this? Yes, and many.

Ridley was never a lunatic boss fight in Brawl (like more bosses really). In Brawl, Ridley will stay in his idle animation for as long as 3 seconds (not even performing his roar animation or nothing) before attacking or switching directions on the field. It makes sense for him to be a somewhat passive visitor on Pyrosphere. The last animation shown in the GIF can easily be attached to an attack animation. Everything said about Ridley in the past just painfully hinted at it being a stage hazard.

TL;DR: Ridley's movement is odd and is among the last strings Ridley fans hold onto. Ridley is pretty much deconfirmed as a playable character and is hard to believe otherwise.

Wanna dig deeper? Say Ridley was potentially shown in the same plane as Pikachu, which would look weird for him to pass in the middle of the platforms of Pyrosphere or something. Good luck out there.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Okay does that handmotion that he does mean something? When at the end he says "the director" he does this thing with his hands, and I noticed he did it in other places too.
He's making fun of Iwata. Iwata does that everytime he says the word ''direct"or ''directly."

Probably Ninja'd but whatever.

EDIT; WHOA. SURPRISINGLY NOT GRENINJA'D.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Is there any other character with dragon like wings and a stinger in other M?

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
He's making fun of Iwata. Whenever Iwata says direct, he makes that pose.

Dott

Smash Ace
Hi guys, this is my first post here.

I noticed people were commenting on the small scene with what was a hint towards Ridley - I managed to get a screenshot of the "Wing" or "Tail" people are talking about. I can't quite make out what it is, but it is the best screenshot I can get. I paused about 100 times to get this somewhat clear shot.

Make what you will of it. It seems too thin to be a wing, but if it's his tail - I think we can confirm that he won't be playable, considering that only his tail is taking up such a big part of the screen.

It's
Too
Big.
If i could i would like this 100 times.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
TL;DR: Ridley's movement is odd and is among the last strings Ridley fans hold onto. Ridley is pretty much deconfirmed as a playable character and is hard to believe otherwise.

Wanna dig deeper? Say Ridley was potentially shown in the same plane as Pikachu, which would look weird for him to pass in the middle of the platforms of Pyrosphere or something. Good luck out there.
The only thing I will say is that as Sakurai and I have been saying before, things that you see now may be subject to change in the final product. My only logical idea is that idle animation was probably created specifically for this direct as a teaser to show a tiny spoiler of a 2nd example of bosses on stages, but is by no means complete, which is also why Ridley did not attack Pika (beta stage perhaps?). Yellow Devil, however, probably is the only complete one so far.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The game is coming out at the latest probably August. How would they not have Ridley a boss element complete? That sounds...unreal to me.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Pyrosphere is Wii U stage.
While true that'd be two months at most after the 3DS version. I'm not going to pretend to know game development but it'd seem like a boss wouldn't take nearly as long to implement as something more fleshed out like a playable character, etc.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
While true that'd be two months at most after the 3DS version. I'm not going to pretend to know game development but it'd seem like a boss wouldn't take nearly as long to implement as something more fleshed out like a playable character, etc.
Wii U version is said to be relesed this Winter. I see you need to watch the Direct.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Wait.... Am I hearing things cause I SWEAR I hear Klonoa's theme in the direct. or at least a theme from klonoa.

@4:25

can someone tell me what it really is?

EDIT: it's probably something from Animal Crossing isn't it. Goddamit.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Wii U version is said to be relesed this Winter. I see you need to watch the Direct.
I see you need to cut out the sass.

Summer 2014 = May, June, July, August
Fall 2014: October, September
Winter 2014: November, December.

If the game comes out August for 3DS which I suspect. The Wii U version will have TWO months extra time to be developed at the earliest and 3 at the latest.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice

If the game comes out August for 3DS which I suspect. The Wii U version will have TWO months extra time to be developed at the earliest and 3 at the latest.
Fall has two months? Cool

It could just as easily be 5 months. The only thing we can say for certain is that Wii U is coming out before Christmas.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion

But by that logic it can also be 5 months wait, almost half a year. So, yeah. It can also be released in June, or July. We have no idea, and no evidence other than no May release because Mario Kart comes out May 30th and it won't come out that close to it. Besides, it can be finished in 2 months.
Also Winter includes January and Febuary. I see it will most likely be released on holidays, but just a note.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
But by that logic it can also be 5 months wait, almost half a year. So, yeah. It can also be released in June, or July. We have no idea, and no evidence other than no May release because Mario Kart comes out May 30th and it won't come out that close to it. Besides, it can be finished in 2 months.
Also Winter includes January and Febuary. I see it will most likely be released on holidays, but just a note.
Early June is E3. Unless they do a massive dump of information there then it's not coming out in June.

July is a possibility, but August just seems more...right.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Early June is E3. Unless they do a massive dump of information there then it's not coming out in June.

July is a possibility, but August just seems more...right.
Pretty sure Smash will get tons of info. It is the savior of the Wii U [hopefully].
Right....that's flawed reasoning as feeling right is opinion but okay whatever.
Like I said it shouldn't take too long to fix Ridley.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Anyone have any idea what songs are playing at these times in the Direct Video?:

@4:24 - Animal Crossing?
@5:26 - Zelda?
@13:06 - Original?
@18:45 - Zelda?
@27:52 - Animal Crossing KK Slider?
@29:23 - Wii Fit?

yahyakun

Smash Cadet
this people are so OP that Im not sure which is the next "metaknight".
But i vote for megaman... that downsmash lol

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Anyone have any idea what songs are playing at these times in the Direct Video?:

1. Island Mini-game theme from ACNL
2. Ballad of the Goddess(?) from Skyward Sword- new arrangement for Smash Bros.
3. No clue- maybe an original or Tomodachi? Can't say.
4. New Arrangement of the Fairy Fountain theme or taken from Skyward Sword.
5. Yeah, like 2AM in Brawl, this is a new remix. It's the new song Kapp'n sings when sailing to the island.
6. Yup. I think that's the one of the music before the start of an activity in the game on Wii Fit U.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Would it be too outlandish to say that I think Black Shadow's chances have increased since the direct.

My assumptions may be slightly far fetched, but here's what I think.
Samurai Goroh was shown as an AT, thus eliminating him from the contention of a second F-Zero rep.
The next popular character in line for a spot is Black Shadow.
Ganondorf hasn't been shown yet either, maybe he's had a big redesign with magic and a sword. Which is being saved for a reveal at a later date.
Also villain characters really been shown yet, minus a few exceptions.
Maybe E3 will have a villains taking over theme?
King K. Rool, Ridley, Mewtwo, Metaknight, Black Shadow, Wolf, Wario?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
so I want to know I see some people saying that a 6th mario rep is more likely but why? I didn't notice anything unusual about about mario as a paper mario supporter, this sounds weird so can anyone explain this to me?

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer

0:00 - 0:30 Super Smash Bros. 4 Theme
1:55 - 2:28 Super Smash Bros. Melee - Menu 2
2:31 - 3:08 Super Smash Bros. Melee - How to Play
3:09 - 3:49 Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Battlefield Ver. 2
3:55 - 4:23 Kid Icarus: Uprising - Dark Pit's Theme
4:24 - 4:56 Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Daytime Minigame (Arrangement)
4:57 - 4:25 Super Mario Galaxy - Good Egg Galaxy
4:26 - 6:09 Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Ballad of the Goddess (Arrangement)
6:10 - 7:28 Mega Man 2 - Title Screen
7:32 - 7:36 Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Boss Battle
7:37 - 4:40 Fire Emblem: Awakening - Id (Purpose)
4:40 - 4:47 Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Victory Theme (Marth, Ike)
7:56 - 8:36 Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Menu Theme
8:37 - 9:45 Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Boss Battle (again)
9:52 - 10:05 Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Melee Opening
10:26 - 10:41 Super Smash Bros. 4 Theme
12:13 - 12:58 Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Waiting Room
13:05 - 14:04 Donkey Kong Country Returns/Tropical Freeze - Rocket Barrel Theme
14:08 - 14:11 Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Boss Battle (again)
14:12 - 14:16 Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Ballad of the Goddess (Original)
14:17 - 14:24 Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Victory Theme (Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Toon Link)
14:38 - 15:44 Star Fox 64 - Area 6 (Arrangement)
16:21 - 17:19 Super Smash Bros. Melee - Pokemon Stadium
17:33 - 18:01 Metroid - Brinstar (Melee version)
18:16 - 18:44 Metroid - Super Metroid Theme
18:45 - 19:18 Zelda's Lullaby (Arrangement)
19:19 - 19:44 Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Gerudo Valley
19:45 - 20:28 Kirby - Green Greens (think it's new but not sure)
20:29 - 21:03 SSBM - Pokefloats
21:04 - 22:04 Pikmin 2? - World Map (Arrangement)
22:05 - 22:45 Kid Icarus Uprising - Boss Theme 1 (Original)
22:53 - 23:25 Yoshi - The Flower Garden (Sounds new)
23:32 - 23:41 Kid Icarus - Underworld (Brawl Version)
23:50 - 24:33 Super Mario Galaxy - The Comet Observatory (Arrangement)
24:37 - 25:18 Super Mario Galaxy - Gusty Gardens
25:19 - 26:18 Punch Out!! - Main Theme (Arrangement)
26:19 - 27:18 Punch Out!! - Jogging Theme (Arrangement)
27:19 - 27:35 Punch Out!! - Get Up Little Mac/Main Theme (Arrangement)
27:36 - 27:51 Punch Out!! - Get Up Little Mac!
27:52 - 28:34 Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Kapp'n's Song (Arrangement)
28:34 - 29:18 Mega Man ? - ???
29:23 - 30:20 Wii Fit - Hula Hoop
30:21 - 30:53 Super Smash Bros. 4 - Main Theme
30:58 - 31:01 Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Boss Battle
31:01 - 31:04 Metroid: Other M - Ridley Theme
31:05 - 31:10 Super Smash Bros. BrawlSBB - Victory Theme (Samus, Zero Suit Samus)
31:27 - 33:41 Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Battlefield
33:42 - 34:32 Super Smas Bros. 4 - Main Theme
34:33 - 36:42 Super Smash Bros. 64 - Credits (Arrangement)
36:50 - 37:04 Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Pokemon Main Theme
37:09 - End Pokemon X/Y - Trainer Battle (Arrangement)

Mentioned:
Ballad of the Goddess (Arrangement) (4:26 - 6:09)
Ballad of the Goddess (Original)
Main Theme (Arrangement)
Ocarina of Time Medley (Arrangement)
Saria's Song (Arrangement)
Not sure what your use for this is but might as well list these all out. Missing a MM song b/c I haven't played them all
yet

thanks to @ Starbound Starbound and @relaxedexcorcist

Last edited:

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
What information on grabs/throws were we given? We saw WFT's Uthrow, Greninja's (GN's? Frage's?) grab (whirlpool) and Uthrow and we saw MM's Uthrow, and possible confirmation that he has GW-style throws.

Anything else?

Last edited:

VhatDeHel

Smash Apprentice
What information on grabs/throws were we given? We saw WFT's Uthrow, Greninja's (GN's? Frage's?) grab (whirlpool) and Uthrow and we saw MM's Uthrow, and possible confirmation that he has GW-style throws.

Anything else?
We saw WFT's down throw on Link, which looks kinda like Diddy's down throw but launches people more vertically

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
He's making fun of Iwata. Iwata does that everytime he says the word ''direct"or ''directly."

Probably Ninja'd but whatever.

EDIT; WHOA. SURPRISINGLY NOT GRENINJA'D.
Ohhhh!!! That was what Sakurai was doing the whole time? I thought he was absorbing the butthurt fanboy tears to relieve himself from pain caused by calcific tendonitis... he is a master troll because he needs the negative energy. :troll:

Top Bottom