• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Direct on April 8th, 3pm PST!!

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Interesting & cool points, but I don't think it's anything more than that.

Good spotting!
Generally, when dealing with mathematical proportions, a colon in between numbers is a way of saying "is to"
For example if I were to write x:11: :: 6:2, it's read as "x is to 11 as 6 is to two". The following equation: (x/11 = 6/2) comes from this.

Never in my Aeronautics class have I come across a number with 4 colons in between them, so the best I can figure out is 01 is to 08 as 55 is to 16. 1/8 = 55/16.

Knowing that this clearly means nothing in terms of mathematical equations, it's possible that this is some sort of countdown timer. Although that also wouldn't make any sense, considering that if it were 1 month, 8 days, 55 hours doesn't fit. Because.. they'd just write 2 extra days, instead of 55 hours.

I feel like some sort of conspiracy nut trying to figure this out. Is it possible it's just some kind of IP address? Maybe a glitch/mistake?
To the person who snapped this photo, did you realize the number start to change at all while taking the quick snap? If so, it's definitely a countdown timer. If not, it means something else.
It's only on one frame, so no countdown. It's probably just something the video editor just left in by accident. Unless the video editor is Sakurai in which case nothing is an accident ever because he is master troll.

Last edited:

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I really can't believe how many people thought it was Mewtwo. I really wanted him back but even I didn't set myself up for that.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
new comers is better.

I think we have figured out the Sakurai code

Last edited:

Super_Queijo

Smash Apprentice
Yeah it's too much of a coincidence, it could either mean:
A - Everyone from brawl, including Squirtle, IvySaur and Snake, are back, which is plausible because nobody has been officially disconfirmed right? Why waste already made movesets right?
B - There are Melee characters in there, Mewtwo, Roy, maybe Doctor Mario or Pichu

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Holy crap that's one conspiracy theory I wish I would've thought of!

That's certainly an interesting idea that I doubt many would oppose.

Basically it'd come down to Squirtle + Ivysaur vs. Mewtwo + Roy imo. Maybe Doc considering he was planned for Brawl but not to the extent of the other two.

Trami Nguyen

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6947-5372-3303
Warning Received
:kirby2::kirbymelee::kirby64:My SSB4 main is Kirby . My SSBM main is Kirby. My SSBB main is Kirby. My SSB4 main is Kirby.

:kirby2:My Project M main is Kirby.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
I think there's a good chance that frame was a mistake.

Though 55 characters and 16 newcomers, August 1 release sounds great I won't get my hopes up.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I think there's a good chance that frame was a mistake.

Though 55 characters and 16 newcomers, August 1 release sounds great I won't get my hopes up.
August is a Fall month. There are 3 months per season.

Winter: December, January, Feburary

Spring: March, April, May

Summer, J
Thanks, that makes more sense. August would be great, gives me time to air out MK8, but thats my personal preference.
I would personally prefer the 3DS version to come out in July, that way I don't have to wait as long.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

Summer, J

I would personally prefer the 3DS version to come out in July, that way I don't have to wait as long.
Summer is June, July and August....
Anyway, I prefer it as late as possible because I wanna play some Mario Kart 8 too

Trami Nguyen

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6947-5372-3303

Summer, J

Are you sure release dates?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Anyway, I prefer it as late as possible because I wanna play some Mario Kart 8 too
I understand your position. The only reason I want the game out in July is because, that way, I will have something to do and I won't have to want as long for the game to come out.

My College Semester ends in May and having the game come out in July would be ideal for me.

Edit: I forgot to add the Summer months.

Last edited:

Trami Nguyen

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6947-5372-3303
I understand your position. The only reason I want the game out in July is because, that way, I will have something to do and I won't have to want as long for the game to come out.

My College Semester ends in May and having the game come out in July would be ideal for me.
Sounds good to me!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Summer, J

What the hell are you talking about? August is not a fall month

Even if you continue the list YOU made

December January February - Winter

March April May - Spring

June July August - Summer

September October November - Fall

Fall doesn't start until September 20th or so anyway. That's quite a bit from August

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
What the hell are you talking about? August is not a fall month

Even if you continue the list YOU made

December January February - Winter

March April May - Spring

June July August - Summer

September October November - Fall

Fall doesn't start until September 20th or so anyway. That's quite a bit from August
I had three months per season, meaning that August would have been under the Summer months, not Fall.

D

Deleted member

I forgot about that stupid text, I meant September with that post.

So that was the mistake.
It's still technically Summer for most of September. Fall doesn't really start until September 22nd.

Last edited by a moderator:

kataridragon

Smash Ace
Winter for me = Black Friday onward
Summer for me = School Out (Mid-May) onward.

I expect the 3ds version out in July. (Good month with the Independence Day, swimming, and barbecues)

The Wii U version I expect in late November for the pre holiday sales!

Last edited:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
It's been a few days and Venus just posted his ENORMOUS rap up for the week so I've unstickied this thread :)

Top Bottom