• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Canon Tournament! (Mario Vs. ????) - 06/14/10

PowerBomb

Smash Master
The internet's like that, isn't it?

What about Pokemon that stand on the ground yet are still unaffected by Earthquake, such as Staraptor and Honchkrow.

Falcon88

Smash Ace

What about Pokemon that stand on the ground yet are still unaffected by Earthquake, such as Staraptor and Honchkrow.
I guess the assumption is that they hover briefly using their wings when the attack happens. I mean, you can't see it in game, but handheld PKMN games hardly have animations at all for the PKMN themselves.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I guess the assumption is that they hover briefly using their wings when the attack happens. I mean, you can't see it in game, but handheld PKMN games hardly have animations at all for the PKMN themselves.
The 3-D games show Starly on the ground as EQ is used, but EQ still fails.

_clinton

Smash Master

Funny...I can sort of compare them to how Lucas clearly shows that he would have no trouble using PK Fire, freeze, and thunder...yet people make a big deal out of it and say canon wise he wouldn't have them...even though the proof shows him not using them is because he is filling in for some "role" for his battle system...

Oh and one more time...Lucas>Star Rod Bowser/Samus ^_^

PowerBomb

Smash Master
There's actually a reason for the EQ missing, though (Flying sub-type/Levitate, birds fly when they attack in 3-D games). Unlike Lucas with PK Fire/Freeze/Thunder, since he canonically doesn't learn them, but you think he does.

Lucas is a cleric, not an outright attacker (like Kuma).

BSP

Smash Legend
guys, where exactly are we in the kirby vs. mario discussion?

this is kinda going back, but the ike vs. sonic summary says that even if sonic steals ragnell, ike has other weapons...as soon as sonic gets the sword, he could stop time and be totally defenselesss or sonic could just go hyper and keep attacking with the sword...idk, it seems like if sonic took ragnell for a second, ike's in serious trouble.

_clinton

Smash Master
Unlike Lucas with PK Fire/Freeze/Thunder, since he canonically doesn't learn them, but you think he does.

Lucas is a cleric, not an outright attacker (like Kuma).
Right...Lucas just learns more advanced moves than Kumatora...him using a simple move sure would be harder than PK Love Omega you know...even though the cost of PK Love is the highest in the game...which shows that in order to use it you have to strain yourself more than what you would for other moves...

And again...PK doesn't have any true definitions as far as using it goes like magic...if Mother 3 used a different type of battle system that said Lucas was limited in power selection (such as something like the Job system from Final Fantasy) you would have a point...

PK isn't the same as that though...the only thing that matters is the amount of stress said psychic can take...

Still want to know how Bowser expects to beat a person who is using a power that survived the end of everything though...or how Samus can expect to take a person down who has powers that can destroy planets/make them again?

How did he lose them again?

Salem

Smash Champion
guys, where exactly are we in the kirby vs. mario discussion?

this is kinda going back, but the ike vs. sonic summary says that even if sonic steals ragnell, ike has other weapons...as soon as sonic gets the sword, he could stop time and be totally defenselesss or sonic could just go hyper and keep attacking with the sword...idk, it seems like if sonic took ragnell for a second, ike's in serious trouble.
Only Ike can use the sword.
It's said in the game. (?)

Nobody can attack/equip/use it.

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
The Mario side is trying to figure a way for Mario to defeat Kirby when Kirby is constantly invincible due to Metal, and flying around on a Warp Star with the ability to shoot stars.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
The Mario side is trying to figure a way for Mario to defeat Kirby when Kirby is constantly invincible due to Metal, and flying around on a Warp Star with the ability to shoot stars.
lol I think Kirby won already. Unless Mario packs a Starman and has a Fire Flower for a Reserve Item. Maybe he could gun down Kirby with fireballs from a distance.

On the other hand, Kirby could just float over top of Mario and crush him with Stone, which, realistically, could incapacitate Mario. Or, he could just eat Mario's fireballs and get the Fire ability.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
But isn't Kirby like... real small compared to Mario? Olimar lost most of his battles because of his size, but Kirby isn't much bigger really. Therefore shouldn't Mario win by just overpowering Kirby?

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Right...Lucas just learns more advanced moves than Kumatora...him using a simple move sure would be harder than PK Love Omega you know...even though the cost of PK Love is the highest in the game...which shows that in order to use it you have to strain yourself more than what you would for other moves...

And again...PK doesn't have any true definitions as far as using it goes like magic...if Mother 3 used a different type of battle system that said Lucas was limited in power selection (such as something like the Job system from Final Fantasy) you would have a point...

PK isn't the same as that though...the only thing that matters is the amount of stress said psychic can take...

Still want to know how Bowser expects to beat a person who is using a power that survived the end of everything though...or how Samus can expect to take a person down who has powers that can destroy planets/make them again?

How did he lose them again?
Because he's not ZOMGAMAZING as you make him out to be.

EDIT: If you want a real reason, it's because Bowser being invincible and Samus being invincible. Unlike Bowser, Samus' invincibility cannot be canceled out, and is true invincibility. Bowser's invincibility can be canceled out, but Lucas does not have the means to do so. Shield Stealer =/= Invincibility Canceler.

But isn't Kirby like... real small compared to Mario? Olimar lost most of his battles because of his size, but Kirby isn't much bigger really. Therefore shouldn't Mario win by just overpowering Kirby?
Olimar is the size of a quarter. His Pikmin are a quarter of an inch. Kirby is 6 inches.

With Kirby, it's like a large, mobile fly that would hurt if it landed on you.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Ah, right. Kirby is small. I think he's technically 8-inches. Which is more like a large softball. Mario is a fairly short fellow, but still much bigger. Hm... If that's the case, could Kirby even inhale Mario??

justaway12

Smash Master

About the warp star, this was on the Kirby wiki

# Somewhat light and easily knocked around.
All that really needs to happen is for Mario to stop time and use one extremly strong move, then Metal Kirby will be off of that warp star, Mario can easily knock of the warp star.

About Metal Kirby:
Metal Kirby isn't damaged by nearly anything-
He is damaged by somethings, since Marios Hammer can break things more powerful than stone, it would hurt him. Not to metion all the poweful things he destroyed. Even if he isn't, Kirby wouldn't do much outside of his warp star considering he is too slow.

Without the warp star, Kirby sucks as metal, and doesn't the warp star blow up against someone?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Infact, it's more his Mementos that make him good than his actual abilities... >_>

EDIT: If you want a real reason, it's because Bowser being invincible and Samus being invincible. Unlike Bowser, Samus' invincibility cannot be canceled out, and is true invincibility. Bowser's invincibility can be canceled out, but Lucas does not have the means to do so. Shield Stealer =/= Invincibility Canceler.
I'm thinking Lucas might even lose to Donkey Kong due to DK's invincibility, but we'll wait for that match up to see what happens. =)

Olimar is the size of a quarter. His Pikmin are a quarter of an inch. Kirby is 6 inches.

With Kirby, it's like a large, mobile fly that would hurt if it landed on you.
But Pikachu and Jigglypuff wouldn't be that much larger either wouldn't they? I'm guessing size wouldn't mather in things like this though. But Kirby wouldn't be able to inhale anything bigger than him.

Also, I remember something from Paper Mario from the GameCube now. There where also big stone enemies called Clefts there IIRC, how'd Mario beat those again? With his hammer?

_clinton

Smash Master

If you are talking about Phazon...I hardly see that as a plus for Samus...Samus using a power that slowly is eating away at her and killing her (the timer on the mode isn't a game mech. Samus really only had a limited amount of time to play around with that in game)

And Lucas' power is pretty darn impressive as well...its you who doesn't get it...

He can destroy/change/make whatever he pleases with his power...

With that info...I don't see how hard it would be to remove Phazon from the universe completely...Phazon is only a "substance" you know...

You thinking Bowser can't be harmed by Lucas is BS...you for one have no proof that Lucas' telepathic powers wouldn't have an effect on him...you also have no proof that Bowser is going to be able to hurt Lucas as well...remember...Lucas' power protected a place from the end of everything...

Oh and again...this thing Lucas has is god power...Porky said it pretty loud and clear in game...

missingnomaster

Smash Lord

All that really needs to happen is for Mario to stop time and use one extremly strong move, then Metal Kirby will be off of that warp star, Mario can easily knock of the warp star.

About Metal Kirby:

He is damaged by somethings, since Marios Hammer can break things more powerful than stone, it would hurt him. Not to metion all the poweful things he destroyed. Even if he isn't, Kirby wouldn't do much outside of his warp star considering he is too slow.

Without the warp star, Kirby sucks as metal, and doesn't the warp star blow up against someone?
Taking stuff from Kirby wikia over stuff in game isn't the best idea. I've already shown why Metal Kirby taking damage from bosses is a game mechanic.

Warp Star is rather quick to maneuver, and going by Amazing Mirror, Kirby -should- be able to get another one if it gets destroyed.

Joeadok

Smash Journeyman
Lucas' power? what? it was the dark dragon's power, Earthbound chars are kind of overated, especially in M3.

justaway12

Smash Master
Taking stuff from Kirby wikia over stuff in game isn't the best idea. I've already shown why Metal Kirby taking damage from bosses is a game mechanic.
I'll get back to that, I'll find the quote and since I didn't play a Kirby game, that's the only thing I have to go to. Well, it's the lazy mans way anyway.

Warp Star is rather quick to maneuver, and going by Amazing Mirror, Kirby -should- be able to get another one if it gets destroyed.
Mario has a stop watch, that should stop Kirby in time, then it's easy, just use his hammer or whatever.

How long does it take to get another? How many can he have?

missingnomaster

Smash Lord

I'll get back to that, I'll find the quote and since I didn't play a Kirby game, that's the only thing I have to go to. Well, it's the lazy mans way anyway.

Mario has a stop watch, that should stop Kirby in time, then it's easy, just use his hammer or whatever.

How long does it take to get another? How many can he have?
Lol hammer. Metal Kirby cannot be hurt. The game tells you this, and there are examples that support bosses hurting you when Metal being a game mechanic.

It takes several seconds to get another Warp Star, but there isn't shown to be any limit. Kirby uses his cellphone to call one, which flies down and picks him up.

justaway12

Smash Master
Hammer the star I mean.

Mario can use the stop watch while Kirby is on the phone.

And what do you mean a game mecahnic? The starman makes you invincible, as it says on game, yet, Mario dies when he falls.

Metal Mario makes you invincible, yet he gets hurt when he falls.

And since Kirby isn't immune to status effects, I don't think, Mario can do that.

Mario also has an item that prevents OHKO, I forget it's name though ¬_¬

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Ah, right. Kirby is small. I think he's technically 8-inches. Which is more like a large softball. Mario is a fairly short fellow, but still much bigger. Hm... If that's the case, could Kirby even inhale Mario??
That would depend, Kirby did inhale big enemies that was 10x his size, (Flame Lion or Fanfan for example), but to inhale them, they have to be defeated, or he could use his Super Inhale, which he is able to inhale an enemy that's 3-4x his size at least if an enemy is too big for a regular inhale. He's able to inhale a human size, but that would depend how strong they are to withstand Kirby's inhale.

Warp Star moves too fast to get hit around, lol. Also in the games not the anime or the mini game, Warp Star can crash through enemies. Of course all Kirby needs to do is call the Warp Star at his aid at any time, (as seen in Kirby 64 and Kirby & The Amazing Mirror).

Yea, like Kirby is going to stand around and let Mario use his Stop Watch or Clock Out. =P

It takes five seconds to activate both so no bother, Super Mario Bros 2 you have to find a field of grass to find a Stopwatch, which I don't think is the field to find it in. And how will Mario knock Kirby off the Warp Star when he's moving too fast? It moves as fast as a shooting star, and in the video game, you have to destroy the whole Warp Star to knock it off of Kirby.

About Metal Kirby:

Like Stone, Metal Kirby can also transform to make himself invincible to all attacks if you look more in the Kirby Wiki or seen the gameplay of it in Kirby Squeak Squad, I mean Metal Kirby looks cool, but I never like playing it because it's too slow, I like to pick Magic, UFO, Tornado, Sword (Thunder Form), Bomb (Ice Form), Laser, Hammer, Ninja, and Throw ability in Squeak Squad, which is waaaayyy more useful than Metal will ever be.

Metal Kirby just sucks and shouldn't be used for attacking but showing off, that power isn't even good for boss battles at all, lol. Like I said, Mirror Kirby should be looked into more, it's a powerful ablity, which the best defense due to Mirror reflects every projectile, Reflect Force can reflect as well, and can attack at a good distance, Mirror Body can split Kirby into to two and attack you at the same time, he can dodge damage with Mirror Body as well, Mirror Cut does a lot of damage, and is one of the top best looking ability that Kirby as.

Also, I remember something from Paper Mario from the GameCube now. There where also big stone enemies called Clefts there IIRC, how'd Mario beat those again? With his hammer?
Clefts are Rock monsters with high defense, Iron Cleft Mario can't even damage, (or anyone of his Party's except for Yoshi that needs to use Gulp to even damage), anyways, if your attack power is strong enough you can jump on them, (if you have the Spike Shield that is, lol). You would need to use a Special attack if you don't have a badge to damage them earlier in the game until your hammer powers up.

God ****it, I'm to slow posting. >.<

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
1Hammer the star I mean.

2Mario can use the stop watch while Kirby is on the phone.

3And what do you mean a game mecahnic? The starman makes you invincible, as it says on game, yet, Mario dies when he falls.

4Metal Mario makes you invincible, yet he gets hurt when he falls.

5And since Kirby isn't immune to status effects, I don't think, Mario can do that.

6Mario also has an item that prevents OHKO, I forget it's name though ¬_¬
1. In the ~ 4 seconds it takes a Stop Watch to activate, Kirby could easily get out of range.
2.True.
3.Dieing from falling is a very noticeable game mechanic that causes anyone to die, even Super Sonic.
4.Same case.
5.What do you mean by this?
6.Ok, but Kirby doesn't have any OHKOs that would work on Mario anyway (Magic maybe, but that is way too slow to consider using)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Lucas' power? what? it was the dark dragon's power, Earthbound chars are kind of overated, especially in M3.
True. Besides, when Porky was talking about this "god-like power" he was talking about himself. <_< Unless the Japanese script says otherwise, Lucas isn't and doesn't has "god-like powers". The power of the Dark Dragon is strong yes, but as the name suggests... it's the power of the Dark Dragon and nothing else.

Lucas just send the thing FREE when pulling the final Needle. We don't know what happened afterwards, cause the screen went all black. Dunno, but I think that had to be one of the worst game endings I ever saw... Just when the game finally got a little bit of worthwhile story, you beat the boss and you get such a sucky end. But yeah, guess that's just my opinion. >_>;

Bowser is invincible by using the Star Rod. Nothing more, nothing less. Sonic only beat Bowser by stealing the Star Rod, and Mewtwo got a draw because he's able to stop Bowser from using the Star Rod briefly with Embargo.

There's no Needle, or Dark Dragon where these character's are fighting as it's a neutral field. There's no proof Lucas can control the Dragon at his own free will as it has never shown in game. Lucas only gets ingame abilities. That means only his PK attacks, weapon based attacks and items. Why I'm saying only there I don't know, cause there's no more effidence Lucas can do anything else. =/

Bowser CAN hurt Lucas cause 1) Bowser's a fricking badass. 2) He's likely physically stronger than Lucas anyhow. 3) Lucas can be hurt by things weaker than Bowser, it isn't like he's unable to get hurt or anything <_< his defence or HP is nothing special (Duster being better in both for example).

Now quit your whinery please _clinton...

_clinton

Smash Master
The point of Mother 3's story is that Lucas/Claus will end up with the power...you can see this because their power gets stronger as each needle is pulled...another thing which is according to Leder is the power of the earth (land)...as in what was in Mother 2...

I hardly see EB characters as being overrated when one of them has enough power at one point to destroy the universe but is afraid of Ness...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Except Lucas isn't getting the Dragon's power here cause it'd be refered to as back up. >_> In game abilities only.

justaway12

Smash Master
That would depend, Kirby did inhale big enemies that was 10x his size, (Flame Lion or Fanfan for example), but to inhale them, they have to be defeated, or he could use his Super Inhale, which he is able to inhale an enemy that's 3-4x his size at least if an enemy is too big for a regular inhale. He's able to inhale a human size, but that would depend how strong they are to withstand Kirby's inhale.
He withstanded a miniature black hole in SPM, as well as other things, I don't think it will be easy :p

Warp Star moves too fast to get hit around, lol. Also in the games not the anime or the mini game, Warp Star can crash through enemies. Of course all Kirby needs to do is call the Warp Star at his aid at any time, (as seen in Kirby 64 and Kirby & The Amazing Mirror).
If it OHKO's Mario he has something to stop that, if not he will attack while on the cell phone. And I didn't mean while he is flying, I meant while time is stopped

Yea, like Kirby is going to stand around and let Mario use his Stop Watch or Clock Out. =P
They won't be standing anywhere close too close :p
If he summons another Mario can stop watch then.

It takes five seconds to activate both so no bother, Super Mario Bros 2 you have to find a field of grass to find a Stopwatch, which I don't think is the field to find it in. And how will Mario knock Kirby off the Warp Star when he's moving too fast? It moves as fast as a shooting star, and in the video game, you have to destroy the whole Warp Star to knock it off of Kirby.
It does blow up on impact right?

Like Stone, Metal Kirby can also transform to make himself invincible to all attacks if you look more in the Kirby Wiki or seen the gameplay of it in Kirby Squeak Squad, I mean Metal Kirby looks cool, but I never like playing it because it's too slow, I like to pick Magic, UFO, Tornado, Sword (Thunder Form), Bomb (Ice Form), Laser, Hammer, Ninja, and Throw ability in Squeak Squad, which is waaaayyy more useful than Metal will ever be.
Well, then he can't be invincible on the star :p
Which will make things easier for Mario
And how many hats can he stomach?
Metal Kirby just sucks and should be used for attacking but showing off, that power isn't even good for boss battles at all, lol. Like I said, Mirror Kirby should be looked into more, it's a powerful ablity, which the best defense due to Mirror reflects every projectile, Reflect Force can reflect as well, and can attack at a good distance, Mirror Body can split Kirby into to two and attack you at the same time, he can dodge damage with Mirror Body as well, Mirror Cut does a lot of damage, and is one of the top best looking ability that Kirby as.

We are only using metal kirby because he is good on a warp star, you can pick another if you like :p

Clefts are Rock monsters with high defense, Iron Cleft Mario can't even damage, (or anyone of his Party's except for Yoshi that needs to use Gulp to even damage), anyways, if your attack power is strong enough you can jump on them, (if you have the Spike Shield that is, lol). You would need to use a Special attack if you don't have a badge to damage them earlier in the game until your hammer powers up.
So Mario can do it? This is when he is at his highest potential :p

1. In the ~ 4 seconds it takes a Stop Watch to activate, Kirby could easily get out of range.
if he then attacks with the star rod, then Mario can do what he wants :p

4.Same case.
Not at all, fall of a high place, you don't die, just get hurt, it takes away some bars of your health meter, gives you that ouch invinciblilty, when you get hurt, he doesn't die or anything. Same could be applied with Kirby

5.What do you mean by this?
Status Effects. Sleep, dizzy, lack of something.

6.Ok, but Kirby doesn't have any OHKOs that would work on Mario anyway (Magic maybe, but that is way too slow to consider using)
That means when Kirby hits Mario on his warp star with Metal Kirby, I think it makes him miss or something then Mario is free to attack Kirby, if it doesn't miss, Mario is free to attack :p

And how will Kirby see him if Mario uses Repel Gel =P
He will be flying everywhere looking for nothing.

_clinton

Smash Master
True. Besides, when Porky was talking about this "god-like power" he was talking about himself. <_< Unless the Japanese script says otherwise, Lucas isn't and doesn't has "god-like powers". The power of the Dark Dragon is strong yes, but as the name suggests... it's the power of the Dark Dragon and nothing else.
Porky was saying he was becoming god like because he was about to get the power that Lucas/Claus was working for...how is that hard to understand?

Lucas just send the thing FREE when pulling the final Needle. We don't know what happened afterwards, cause the screen went all black. Dunno, but I think that had to be one of the worst game endings I ever saw... Just when the game finally got a little bit of worthwhile story, you beat the boss and you get such a sucky end. But yeah, guess that's just my opinion. >_>;
Lucas absorbed the power just like he did with the other needles when he finally let the whole thing free...

Again...PK Love getting stronger is proof that they are absorbing the power...because Leder in chapter 8 points it out that the power is about to wake up...when it was sleeping still...Lucas' power was weaker (PK Love only had one level) but has it has been waking up...PK Love has been getting stronger

Claus is another bit of proof...for the 2nd time that you fight him with only 5 needles pulled...he only has access to PK Love sigma...but for the 3rd time that you fight him with 6 needles pulled...he has PK Love omega as well...this proves that Lucas and Claus are linked to the power...which is another thing Ness had in common with his power...

Bowser is invincible by using the Star Rod. Nothing more, nothing less. Sonic only beat Bowser by stealing the Star Rod, and Mewtwo got a draw because he's able to stop Bowser from using the Star Rod briefly with Embargo.
And Lucas could confuse Bowser with his telepathic powers and have Bowser throw away the star rod/use it on him in a + way...

But whatever...the power Lucas has is god like...I don't see how it wouldn't hurt Bowser who has stolen a god like power...

Bowser CAN hurt Lucas cause 1) Bowser's a fricking badass. 2) He's likely physically stronger than Lucas anyhow. 3) Lucas can be hurt by things weaker than Bowser, it isn't like he's unable to get hurt or anything <_< his defence or HP is nothing special (Duster being better in both for example).
Again...you are comparing Lucas to Duster when it isn't even at the end game point...the fact that there is proof that Lucas gets stronger with each needle pulled is proof that Lucas chances are would have got the same thing that Ness had by his end game (because again...the power is nothing more than the power of the land)

Oh and the power is mobile...it was moved there and sealed there in the 1st place...god...it isn't the island that has the power...the island is only there because the power was there...

Except Lucas isn't getting the Dragon's power here cause it'd be refered to as back up. >_> In game abilities only.
Its not back up...its his own power...

And again on the point of a dragon being there...the people where living in a fantasy world...the dragon was a part of that fantasy world...Leder points out that it is the power of the land...as in what Ness had...

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
I don't know what Viper was talking about with Metal Kirby transforming. You can turn into a ball, but just having the ability activated makes you invincible.

Repel Gel would be useful, but Kirby can stall for as long as he wants until Mario runs out.

justaway12

Smash Master
But where would he go? If he goes out of sight, Mario can go hide too. If he doesn't, stop watch!

Again, if Kirby does hit with the warp star, then by the time it takes to call, Mario would already do things. Though, to be on the safe side, stop watch! or on the fast side, super jump!

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
Kirby doesn't have to crash into Mario. The Warpstar can shoot stars, as shown by Amazing Mirror. Kirby really never needs to get close to Mario.

Though unless someone comes up with a better idea, this matchup is looking like it could end in a draw.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
He withstanded a miniature black hole in SPM, as well as other things, I don't think it will be easy :p
True, I'm not too sure how strong Count Bleck's black hole is though. =3

If it OHKO's Mario he has something to stop that, if not he will attack while on the cell phone. And I didn't mean while he is flying, I meant while time is stopped
I haven't seen it OHKO a mini boss or a boss so I can't confirm that it does, but it OHKO enemies though. That would depend, the Warp Star come's at least 3 seconds after you call it, even on Kirby 64 in another planet. O_o

They won't be standing anywhere close too close :p
If he summons another Mario can stop watch then.
Kirby will just have to make sure Mario doesn't escape. =P

It does blow up on impact right?
If it crashes to a hard wall, ground, etc.

Well, then he can't be invincible on the star :p
Which will make things easier for Mario
And how many hats can he stomach?
Well, technically no, but in the gameplay he should be, but that's also in the game. Also Kirby can have 5 items in his stomach, in Kirby Super Star/Ultra he has the Deluxe Copy Ability from Milkyway Wishes which he can automatically switch his abilities.

We are only using metal kirby because he is good on a warp star, you can pick another if you like :p
That would really depend on who he's fighting. I'm surprised no one used Plasma Kirby as an example.

I don't know what Viper was talking about with Metal Kirby transforming. You can turn into a ball, but just having the ability activated makes you invincible.
That was the transformation I meant to say is what you said. =P

justaway12

Smash Master
True, I'm not too sure how strong Count Bleck's black hole is though. =3
Well, he has stood extremly powerful things, you should know some of them, since you seem to be be a big fan of Mario and Kirby. :p

I haven't seen it OHKO a mini boss or a boss so I can't confirm that it does, but it OHKO enemies though. That would depend, the Warp Star come's at least 3 seconds after you call it, even on Kirby 64 in another planet. O_o
By the time it takes to call them, Stop watch would be in activation already :p
Or he can Super Jump, it can techinacally go on forever :p

Kirby will just have to make sure Mario doesn't escape. =P
Easier said than done xD

Well, technically no, but in the gameplay he should be, but that's also in the game. Also Kirby can have 5 items in his stomach, in Kirby Super Star/Ultra he has the Deluxe Copy Ability from Milkyway Wishes which he can automatically switch his abilities.
What's that mean o_O
If he can absorb hats then he can, but maybe hats work on a different mechanic that makes him not able to do it?
When you say automatically change, does that mean if he changes to, lets say bubble Kirby, he can change again to Anmial Kirby? Or is it just one hat?

That would really depend on who he's fighting. I'm surprised no one used Plasma Kirby as an example.
Well, pick your poison =P

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Porky was saying he was becoming god like because he was about to get the power that Lucas/Claus was working for...how is that hard to understand?
Likely not, cause Porky traveled through time and became ageless. That's likely why he'd refered to himself as "god-like". And, he's a boastful fat *******. >_> At least, that's my vision about it. Not really important actually.

Lucas absorbed the power just like he did with the other needles when he finally let the whole thing free...
PK Love didn't grew stronger every time when he pulled out a Needle IIRC. But it doesn't mather really, cause he only get's in game abilies like as in actual fighting. >_> Lucas never fought again after pulling the last Needle, so he gets everything up untill then.

Again...PK Love getting stronger is proof that they are absorbing the power...because Leder in chapter 8 points it out that the power is about to wake up...when it was sleeping still...Lucas' power was weaker (PK Love only had one level) but has it has been waking up...PK Love has been getting stronger
Yes, Lucas can use PK Love Omega as it's an actual in game ability of his. Moving on...

Claus is another bit of proof...for the 2nd time that you fight him with only 5 needles pulled...he only has access to PK Love sigma...but for the 3rd time that you fight him with 6 needles pulled...he has PK Love omega as well...this proves that Lucas and Claus are linked to the power...which is another thing Ness had in common with his power...
What does Ness have anything to do with this? The games take place in complete different times and places.

And Lucas could confuse Bowser with his telepathic powers and have Bowser throw away the star rod/use it on him in a + way...
Using PK what? Brainshock? Sorry, that's Kumatora's ability, not Lucas'. Moving on...

But whatever...the power Lucas has is god like...I don't see how it wouldn't hurt Bowser who has stolen a god like power...
The Dragon is back up and part of Nowhere Island. There's also no effidence what the Dragon could do, so it'd only be confusing if we'd use it... So we don't. Ganondorf and Link get the Triforce, and yet we've banned the "wishing to win" thing. So even IF Lucas could get the Dragon's power, he may not use it cause it'd be wishing to win.

Again...you are comparing Lucas to Duster when it isn't even at the end game point...the fact that there is proof that Lucas gets stronger with each needle pulled is proof that Lucas chances are would have got the same thing that Ness had by his end game (because again...the power is nothing more than the power of the land)
I don't understand, and I don't really care anyhow. Duster > Lucas stat wise, and that's where we are accounting him for. >_> Cause that'd actually be you know... true to the game? Wishing to win = banned, lemme say it here again.

Oh and the power is mobile...it was moved there and sealed there in the 1st place...god...it isn't the island that has the power...the island is only there because the power was there...
Okay, you have a point here but still... The Dragon is both back up which is banned, and wishing to win, which is banned. If Lucas is so awesome... why don't you try to defend him with his in game abilities then? =/

Its not back up...its his own power...
*screen turns black*

And again on the point of a dragon being there...the people where living in a fantasy world...the dragon was a part of that fantasy world...Leder points out that it is the power of the land...as in what Ness had...
It wasn't a fantasy world, they were simply starting the world all over. The main difference with Lucas and Ness is that Ness actually gets an in game boost in stats and abilities, Lucas doesn't... He just gets a stronger PK Love everytime which Ness just got on his own (PSI Rockin in this case). Besides, PK doesn't go higher than Omega anyways.

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
Uhh, -clinton, I'd like to point out a couple things.

1. You say that it was Lucas who destroyed and recreated the world, not the Dragon.

If it was him who did it, why did he do it in such an apocalyptic way? That completely goes against his nature. If he was that powerful, he could have done it in a more peaceful way, and probably wouldn't have even needed to destroy the current world.

2. In debates, you say that Lucas would win because he could destroy and/or recreate the world to win the match/defeat his opponent. Or at least that's what it sounded like to me.

It took quite a while for the world to be destroyed at the end of Mother 3. And while Lucas is causing 2012, a lot of characters could continue fighting despite the destruction going on.

_clinton

Smash Master
Likely not, cause Porky traveled through time and became ageless. That's likely why he'd refered to himself as "god-like". And, he's a boastful fat *******. >_> At least, that's my vision about it. Not really important actually.
Porky becoming ageless wouldn't be a big deal as well...the power made a certain group of people have unlimited life...

He was talking about the power...

PK Love didn't grew stronger every time when he pulled out a Needle IIRC. But it doesn't mather really, cause he only get's in game abilies like as in actual fighting. >_> Lucas never fought again after pulling the last Needle, so he gets everything up untill then.
The order of needle pulling as to what the game wants you to do...

Castle
Lab-power up
Mountain
Volcano-power up
Island
Chamber-power up
Final-After effects not fully known...however you thinking Lucas wouldn't get stronger from absorbing this power is just you forgetting that Ness didn't reach his full power until he absorbed all of it as well...

Oh and would you please review the rules stated at the start of this thread? It says they are using their in game abilities…The dragon’s power is Lucas’ ability!

Yes, Lucas can use PK Love Omega as it's an actual in game ability of his. Moving on...
PK Love Omega takes more effort to use than any other psychic ability as well…how about that...Lucas shows he has more talent than Kumatora ^_^

What does Ness have anything to do with this? The games take place in complete different times and places.
Again…The Dragon’s power=Ness’ power…they are both the power of the land according to Leder

Using PK what? Brainshock? Sorry, that's Kumatora's ability, not Lucas'. Moving on...
PK Flash actually…fun fact…it’s a telepathic power…

The Dragon is back up and part of Nowhere Island. There's also no effidence what the Dragon could do, so it'd only be confusing if we'd use it... So we don't. Ganondorf and Link get the Triforce, and yet we've banned the "wishing to win" thing. So even IF Lucas could get the Dragon's power, he may not use it cause it'd be wishing to win.
The Dragon isn’t back up actually…it’s use behind the power is pretty much the same idea as to what is behind the Triforce…in that its affects depend on the user…Oh and your wishing to win thing is ****ing funny…how is Bowser winning this again? Wishing…that’s what I though…

Okay, you have a point here but still... The Dragon is both back up which is banned, and wishing to win, which is banned. If Lucas is so awesome... why don't you try to defend him with his in game abilities then? =/
The Dragon’s power is his in game abilities…it’s the power of the earth for the 40th time…and Lucas has control over it!

It wasn't a fantasy world, they were simply starting the world all over. The main difference with Lucas and Ness is that Ness actually gets an in game boost in stats and abilities, Lucas doesn't... He just gets a stronger PK Love everytime which Ness just got on his own (PSI Rockin in this case). Besides, PK doesn't go higher than Omega anyways.
You miss my point about it being a “fantasy” world…again…even though I’ve brought it up like 50 times…

It was real…but the roles of the people on the island…even the island history itself which includes chances are...the dragon…was fake…this is again…according to Leder in Chapter 8…where he points out that everyone on this island is living a lie...

BTW…ever read “The Book of Lies”?

And PK doesn’t go higher than Omega mainly because of game mechs...you know there are limits put in on purpose...Lucas getting a move that would wipe out a boss in one hit does sort of remove some points to this game…a more appropriate example of PK power would be to look at the amount of PP each character has…which stands for “Psychic Power”

Uhh, -clinton, I'd like to point out a couple things.

1. You say that it was Lucas who destroyed and recreated the world, not the Dragon.

If it was him who did it, why did he do it in such an apocalyptic way? That completely goes against his nature. If he was that powerful, he could have done it in a more peaceful way, and probably wouldn't have even needed to destroy the current world.
It wasn't Lucas who destroyed the world...the world was destroyed because the power left the island...remember...the Island was only there because of the power...because...the world was destroyed

This is even pointed out in the game that the island is only still there because the power has been protecting it...if the power is no longer there...than the protection is gone...

It took Ness a long time to absorb the full power...I don't see why it would be any shorter for Lucas...hell in order for Ness to do it in the 1st place...he had to kill his evil side (which again is my point that the power judges you before you can absorb it)

Top Bottom