• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Canon Tournament! (Mario Vs. ????) - 06/14/10

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Alright then. Well, Kirby can eventually knock Mario out. It would take ****ing forever, but he could do it eventually.

REL38

Smash Lord
Exactly what game does Kirby turn Metal?
Just for clarification.

Also, the Blue Shell is invincible except against Bowser.

EDIT:

actually, lava kills the shell also so it could just be considered a very good defense
>___>

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Kirby can eat the shell afterwards though and transform back into Metal Kirby via stomach holding abilities.
If Kirby doesn't have Metal, why would Mario go into Shell?

Also, think about this: Mario wouldn't have Blue Shell right off the bat, he'd attack with an AoE in order to see if it would damage Kirby.

BSP

Smash Legend
Kirby can eat the shell afterwards though and transform back into Metal Kirby via stomach holding abilities.
Ok, but kirby is insanely slow when he's in metal form, he'd have to transform to actually attack. If he uses another ability, can't mario just stopwatch him then?

Salem

Smash Champion
Ok, but kirby is insanely slow when he's in metal form, he'd have to transform to actually attack. If he uses another ability, can't mario just stopwatch him then?
He just needs to use his normal form to snatch/eat the shell after getting close with the Metal ability.

It would be dumb to just throw it off and run towards mario. lol

@Power_Bomb:

Kirby wouldn't have to have the ability right off the bat either, he could also instead be plasma Kirby, block and have a damaging great defense.

Instead of the useless Warp Star, you can't block and ride on a warp star at the same time. XD
Or better, the wheelie ability with it's haxxed invinciblity.

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
The reason the Warp Star is useful is because it can fire stars, and has unlimited ammo.

Combine that with an invincible Metal Kirby riding on it...

PowerBomb

Smash Master
The reason the Warp Star is useful is because it can fire stars, and has unlimited ammo.

Combine that with an invincible Metal Kirby riding on it...
Much better than Wheel.

iirc, Wheel doesn't have invincibility all over. Hits from behind and when it's turning make it vulnerable.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
If both Metal Kirby and Blue Shell Mario are invincible... Then Metal Kirby could just push Blue Shell Mario until they reach a pit (lava, spikes, bottomless), which exist in both games' universes. If Mario stands up, he gets mauled by Metal Kirby which is using his presence to bounce Mario closer towards the pit... And if he stays as a blue shell, Mario doesn't control where he rolls, so Kirby eventually makes it to the pit, and drops Mario to certain doom.

Salem

Smash Champion
If both Metal Kirby and Blue Shell Mario are invincible... Then Metal Kirby could just push Blue Shell Mario until they reach a pit (lava, spikes, bottomless), which exist in both games' universes. If Mario stands up, he gets mauled by Metal Kirby which is using his presence to bounce Mario closer towards the pit... And if he stays as a blue shell, Mario doesn't control where he rolls, so Kirby eventually makes it to the pit, and drops Mario to certain doom.
I wish we could do that.

But this is a nuetral field.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Well, since Mario becomes a Koopa shell, and Mario can grab Koopa shells... Kirby will be invincible, and he's shown to be able to carry items throughout the series... Can Kirby pin Mario's shell and grab it, or simply try until he finally does?

EDIT: Well, let's see... Blue Shell Mario has a Koopa's shell, right? It has the same mechanics a Shell does: is practically invincible, bounces off of walls, dies as soon as it touches a very powerful enemy or falls into a pit... Mario can destroy shells by shooting fireballs at them, and there are enemies where fireballs take longer to kill enemies than stomps on heads (Super Mario Bros 3, all of the airship bosses are examples), so this proves that the shell is either weak against fire, or weaker than it seems (i doubt it's a fire weakness, since in the games that Mario is able to shoot fireballs at koopa shells, fireballs are actually weaker than stomps... Some enemies just have increased resistance to jumps, like Super Mario World's blue dinosaurs that can be found on the map before the yellow switch: fireballs kill them in one hit, but you stomp them once, and they get squished but survive).

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Sorry, but Mario's Koopa Shell is impervious to everything except for falling off-ledge mechanics. He's also invincible to the fireball enemies in some of the castles.

Also, Kirby is 6 inches tall. Mario's Shell is about half his height. That shell is pretty **** tall to Kirby.

Lovely

Smash Lord
how much hp does the warpstar have?
♣ If you base it off of Kirby Air Ride, the heath is medium, though in City Trials his HP can raise more than normal. However, if it's based off his other games, the Warp Star doesn't have any heath, and it moves so fast it destroys anything in it's path. ♥

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Tornado Kirby >>>> mostly everything Mario has, that power is so broken it should be banned. =3

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ Or Tornado Kirby, which doesn't stop if you can use effectively and will be an invincible force, it can absorb Fire, Ice, and Electricity and make it even more powerful as well. ♥

_clinton

Smash Master
Lucas and Ness don't get the same power, the Dark Dragon I guess only rules over the Nowhere Islands, while Ness' power absorbs the whole Earth's power.
Again…according to my quote from Leder in chapter 8 of Mother 3 when he is telling the history of the island…The dark dragon power is the power of the land…there might not even be a dragon under the island anyway due to the fact that the people living on the island are living a “fairy tale” in order to deal with the shock they were dealt with the whole being the last people alive thing…

And again…Ness’ power of the land…was moved at the end of Mother 2…and was absorbed into him, Lucas does the same things with this power…he absorbs it…

The power is able to be freely moved…

And Lucas doesn't become stronger ingame by pulling the Needles, he just learns a higher level of PK Love, which doesn't go higher than Omega.
Lucas’ PK Love getting stronger is a sign that he is getting stronger…PK Love is the canon representation of Lucas power for the 20th time…it’s what makes him important as far as the story in the game goes…

And have you even played Mother 3? Because you saying the power doesn’t get any higher than Omega makes me wonder if you even know when Lucas gets PK Love Omega…

PK Starstorm and PK Love do around the same damage. The difference might maybe be... 100 damage? PK Freeze still does more damage, but many enemies resist it in Mother 3. Kumatora also has PK Ground, which is pretty awesome as well.
PK freeze doesn’t do more damage…you should actually check this info before saying it…here…use this:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/914622/45491

PK Ground’s damage is too random to give a real number on…and the same is for PK Thunder’s high level

It doesn’t matter though because a real measure of their psychic power would come from the stat…psychic power…and Lucas can bypass Kumatora in this…

It wasn't an attack, it was a lightning bolt from Thunder Tower as I said before.
Again people don’t get my point…I don’t care if it was an attack or not…Lucas learned something automatically just by having something happen to him!

And it could have been an attack…not that it really matter though…by that point in the chapter they were being chased…and the foes where in control over what happened with the lightning in the thunder tower…

Well, eventually Ness and Lucas both used different moves of what the originally had in Smash so your most likely right. But this is being true to their actual games, so no... No other abilities than in game.
Again…the power that they are using is Psychokinesis…look it up and see how it works and why it should be clear on Ness/Lucas are being limited by game mechs only…not real canon…

No, I haven't played any Sonic game really.
Well I hope you understand what a piece of **** the Sonic canon is ^_^

Its even dumber than the Mario/Kirby/Zelda/Metroid/Pokemon/ect. canon...

_clinton

Smash Master
Also...Mario>Kirby

Mario has to deal with tornado's in his adventures all the time...

Plus I don't see how Metal Kirby will be such a threat to someone who can break metal with a hammer

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ See the gameplay of Tornado Kirby in Kirby Squeak Squad and you'll see what we mean. And Metal Kirby is like Stone Kirby much much more harder than Stone, and you know Stone Kirby is impervious to nearly every damage in the games. Let's not forget Kirby can also fight while he's on the Warp Star. ♥

_clinton

Smash Master
♣ See the gameplay of Tornado Kirby in Kirby Squeak Squad and you'll see what we mean. And Metal Kirby is like Stone Kirby much much more harder than Stone, and you know Stone Kirby is impervious to nearly every damage in the games. Let's not forget Kirby can also fight while he's on the Warp Star. ♥
I'm aware of what Tornado Kirby is...Squeak Squad isn't the only Kirby game to have it...the fact that Kirby has some down time in between the move and the fact that Mario can screw with things like that using his own "spin attack" is how he is going to counter that move...

I'm also aware of what Metal Kirby is and how its harder than Stone...that is why I said Mario has a hammer that lets him break though metal

Hell Mario has a metal form as well...

Also...Mario has various modes of transportation as well...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Again…according to my quote from Leder in chapter 8 of Mother 3 when he is telling the history of the island…The dark dragon power is the power of the land…there might not even be a dragon under the island anyway due to the fact that the people living on the island are living a “fairy tale” in order to deal with the shock they were dealt with the whole being the last people alive thing…

And again…Ness’ power of the land…was moved at the end of Mother 2…and was absorbed into him, Lucas does the same things with this power…he absorbs it…
Yeah so... That's the whole story of Mother 3 really. <_< What next, you gonna explain about Porkey? Dark Dragon or not, Lucas can't use it.

The power is able to be freely moved…
Yeah I guess so, still Lucas can't have it. The Dragon is part of Nowhere Islands. When Lucas is "fighting" here, there's no Nowhere Islands.

Lucas’ PK Love getting stronger is a sign that he is getting stronger…PK Love is the canon representation of Lucas power for the 20th time…it’s what makes him important as far as the story in the game goes…
Err no, pulling Needles is the only thing that makes him important. There isn't much importance in the characters in Mother 3 anyway. They just are... there, washed up in Porkey's ambition to rule the island.

And have you even played Mother 3? Because you saying the power doesn’t get any higher than Omega makes me wonder if you even know when Lucas gets PK Love Omega…
Dude I played this game. I know all about those mushrooms, gay pixies, gay "oxygen machines", Salsa the monkey who's controlled by an undercover betrayer gay pixie ect. ect. The game's enjoyable, played it for the 3rd time a few weeks back but I doubt I'll be playing it again really.

I'm sorry, gonna skip a the rest of your post now... short answer to everything: Lucas only gets what he gets ingame. And PP isn't how strong PK attacks are, the IQ stat does that. Kumatora gets more IQ than Lucas, so my point still stands. Also Paula > Ness in terms of PK attacks.

EDIT: @ Match up: I'm going for Mario here. Dunno why, it just seems logical that he'd win this.

Another edit: I had an idea for this thread a little while. Why don't we try to summarise how badly each character beats the other? That'd make it easier to determine who's the overall best.

Say, Mario wins this fight, but just barely... we say that he'd beat Kirby 55% of the time or something. Just like the real match up charts for Smash, we could make one for here to.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
A 6 inch tornado? o_O

Isn't Kirby's tornado limited vertically? Like it can't rise vertically quickly. Mario could just jump over the small tornado.

EDIT: Lolwut? Lucas doesn't learn everything by being hit by attacks. If he's hit by PK Freeze alpha, he doesn't learn that move. Unless you can prove that's a game mechanic that limits Lucas, then Lucas isn't learn any new PSI moves.

Samochan

Smash Master
EDIT: Lolwut? Lucas doesn't learn everything by being hit by attacks. If he's hit by PK Freeze alpha, he doesn't learn that move. Unless you can prove that's a game mechanic that limits Lucas, then Lucas isn't learn any new PSI moves.
At the same premise, I could argue pokemon not learning all sort of moves they should learn (liek fire type pokes not learning all fire type moves) being a game mechanic that is obv there to limit the pokemon. Oh wait... =D

Usually on RPG, there are set limits for each character and they learn certain type of skills, just to differ them from each other. Everyone learning the same stuff would be very boring and the whole reason rpg has many chars is to learn to utilise different types of characters in different scenarios. So for Lucas being limited by any game mech just because is bs reason to allow Lucas any more abilities. That's how he was constructed and that's how it's gonna stay. Nowhere in the storyline says "Lucas, you have awesome pk skillz but unfortunately most your skills are blocked, thus you're not godlike and cannot use every pk skill" or something like that.

justaway12

Smash Master
You just HAD to start it now :mad:

Oh well, Mario has the crystal stars from TTYD, what do they do :O

The stars were created by the Shadow Queen to hold the essence of the heavens, but the four heroes collected them and used their power against the Queen.
That's all I got on them, stone Mario never broke, did he? But he never moved as well, so that could be used. I'll be back >_>

Also Metal Kirby is slow, pretty sure Mario can dodge his attacks

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Okay guys, seems like it's time to start making the overall series tier list.

This is how it'll work.

I'll use these logos/symbols:

DK Logo -

EarthBound Logo -

Fire Emblem Logo -

Fox Logo -

Game and Watch Logo -

Ice Climbers Logo -

Kid Icarus Logo -

Kirby -

Metal Gear -

Mario Symbol -

Pokemon Symbol -

Triforce Symbol -

Wario Symbol -

Yoshi Symbol -

R.OB Symbol -

Sonic Symbol -

Metroid Symbol -

Olimar & Pikmin Symbol -

F-Zero Symbol -

These are the character's groups:

DK Group - Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong

Earthbound/Mother - Lucas, Ness

Mario (this also includes Yoshi and Wario) - Yoshi, Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Wario

Ice Cilmbers - Ice Climbers

F-Zero - Capitain Falcon

Star Fox - Fox, Falco, Wolf

Game & Watch Games - Mr. Game & Watch

Gyro - R.O.B.

Metal Gear - Snake

Olimar & Pikmin - Olimar

Pokemon - Pikachu, Jigglipuff, Lucario, Pokemon Trainer, Pichu, Mewtwo

Metroid Prime - Samus/Zero Suit Samus

Sonic - Sonic

Kirby Games - Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede

Fire Emblem - Marth, Ike, Roy

Legend Of Zelda (Triforce) - Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Young Link.

justaway12

Smash Master
So is this match-up over? Don't end it now D:

unless Mario's won :p
or is it just to announce it?

And what does it mean? a teams tier or something? or just how much everbodies won? Because that thing does seem unfair to some.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
No, not gonna end it just yet.

Edit: Oh, you were talking about the series list.

Well, I'm only announcing it atm.

It, like the tier list, will change over time.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Raizen just to clarify, every character is gonna fight each other won't they? Cause so far, every character is set up to fight against another character that either won or lost an even amount of battles. But that doesn't mean that for example, a character with 2 loses by default is worse than one with 2 wins.

Top Bottom