• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Canon Tournament! (Mario Vs. ????) - 06/14/10

PowerBomb

Smash Master
That build is terrible. Mewtwo has no attacks except for Me First, and that's not a really great move.

Mewtwo has no options to attack characters with pure invincibility.

I don't care for this match-up anymore. But Mewtwo doesn't win, it's a draw. Yeah, just do that.

EDIT: YLink wins. He can just use _____ mask or the Boomerang. Pichu sucks in general.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I know, Mewtwo doesn't win. I also forgot the reasoning Samochan provided. If it had anything to do with PS1 or PMD1, PMD2 and the other Stadium-ish games should over-write those, since they're more recent or something.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, it doesn't rule out that Mewtwo could still levitate so...

Yeah we better make it a draw then I guess?

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Done.

New match-up.

VS.

Current Match-Up:
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG Vs. THE DREAM PUFF

Sonic Vs. Kirby

:sonic: vs. :kirby2:

Round 2, Match 6.

Who will win? YOU decide!

Overall Results

Wins +2:

:samus2:, :ganondorf:, :mario2:, :toonlink:, :younglinkmelee:,

Wins +1:

:sonic:, :ness2:, :snake:, :kirby2:, :pit:, :yoshi2:, :wolf:, :dedede:, :ike:

Neutral:

:peach:, :zelda:, :bowser2:, :mewtwo:, :luigi2:, :fox:, :roymelee:, :diddy:, :falco:, :lucario:, :lucas:, :metaknight:, :falcon:, :pt:, :pikachu:, :pichu:,

Loss -1:

:jigglypuff:

Loss -2:

:zerosuitsamus:, :dk2:, :marth:, :rob:, :gw:, :wario:, :popo:, :olimar:

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
Well, it doesn't rule out that Mewtwo could still levitate so...

Yeah we better make it a draw then I guess?
What exactly would result in a draw being called?

@New matchup: Kirby can't compete with 16 minutes of supersonic/hypersonic invincible assault.

If Kirby goes Metal or Stone to try and outlast Super Sonic, he gets Chaos Controlled into space or something like that. I think Sonic can do that...

Technologikall

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure that Bowser would definately lose form Mewtwo with it's full movepool to choose from.

Embargo
Thunder
Recover
Taunt / Anything else cause what status move can Bowser do without items?

Bowser can use nothing but his Clown Car. Thunder hits even Pokémon when they are in the air, so that's pretty GG. Iif Bowser stays on the ground Mewtwo just uses Recover/Thunder. Taunt prevents anything that's not a direct attack, so the
only way for Bowser to win this is if Bowser can 2HKO Mewtwo. Which he can't if Mewtwo uses Bold with Max HP and Defence. Even T-Tar who can crush mountains doesn't OHKO this.

Ah and also Mewtwo can Self Destruct ,has really good attack, and is 10 times faster than Bowser so Bowser really can not get better than a draw.

So it's obvious that Mewtwo would win but W/E everyone says draw now so I'll guess that'll have to do then?

YL vs Pichu is less obvious IMO. But I think that YL this wins since Pichu has very low stats and I think that according to the Pokedex his electric attacks hurt himself. Not sure about that though.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Draw is good for Mewtwo and Bowser, since they both belong in the same tier anyway I guess. We can always re-do this one later.

As for this match... I don't know anything about Sonic, but Kirby can suprisingly deal some good damage as well. The Stone ability also makes Kirby unable to get attacked, but there are ways around this move so... I'll leave it up to the Sonic fans.

Who will surely let him anyways.

EDIT: Ohh and Raizen, I wanna request a Young Link vs Ganondorf match up next round. Would be pretty awesome imo. :D

Technologikall

Smash Apprentice
I'm a Sonic fan, and Sonic has a nice Extreme Speed like move from Sonic Rush which will be very hard for Kirby to deal with. Though it's energy bar that it needs runs out rather quickly and Sonic can't refill it in an open field with nothing.

If Sonic may use the Emralds it's GG for Kirby though. I think Kirby stands a good chance against Sonic but doesn't stand any against Super sonic.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Ohh and Raizen, I wanna request a Young Link vs Ganondorf match up next round. Would be pretty awesome imo. :D
No can't do. I'm trying to refrain myself from pairing characters from the same series together, till I'll have to.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm a Sonic fan, and Sonic has a nice Extreme Speed like move from Sonic Rush which will be very hard for Kirby to deal with. Though it's energy bar that it needs runs out rather quickly and Sonic can't refill it in an open field with nothing.

If Sonic may use the Emralds it's GG for Kirby though. I think Kirby stands a good chance against Sonic but doesn't stand any against Super sonic.
From a more logical point of view, I was thinking the exact same thing. But can't Kirby just wait for Sonic's Emeralds to run out while he's in Stone? Or can Sonic do something about that?

EDIT: Oh there's also a Metal ability for Kirby. Also makes him unable to get damage, but it makes him too heavy to attack properly.

Unknownlight

Smash Journeyman
This very much depends on how we measure Sonic's health. Are we using the ring system? Because not only does having Sonic health measured by the ring system change a lot of things, but it also determines whether he can use the Sonic Boost or not.

To those who don't know what the Sonic Boost is: It's basically like being able to kill enemies by touching them as if you were invincible...just by holding down a button. With Sonic's speed, Kirby would be screwed.

Likewise, what type of homing attack can Sonic use? Is it like Sonic Heroes where the only limit to how many homing attacks you can use in a row is how fast you can press the button, or is it like Sonic 2006 where there's a delay between homing attacks?

Technologikall

Smash Apprentice
Both homing attacks I think. Samus and Bowser can use everything from every game combined even thought hey never had it at the same time. If Sonic has two Homing attacks, why would he have to choose?

Samochan

Smash Master
I rather settle with draw for Bowser vs Mewtwo than go through all that debate again. >.> It drained me from all brainpower to make up all those arguments and evidence to support it, ugh, but in the end my reasoning just didn't catch on with those most adamantly against them. And I still cannot fanthom how information found within the main games should be considered uncanon when they seemingly contradict rpg handheld game mechanics, which battle system is so straightforward and simple even a 7 year old can catch on (lol), while everything else contradictory (like the examples I pointed out, lol at sonic running/falcon driving at speed of sound ingame) on other games was ignored. But I'm done with that. If my arguments, evidence and reasoning fail to convince, then there's no need to continue that anymore. :/

--

Sonic has teh super sonic thingy which itself grants invulnerability to stuff and he can run at veeery high speeds. Kirby on the other hand has many abilities he can use, like Crash, Stone and Mike.

Unknownlight

Smash Journeyman
No, I mean, it's the same attack in both games, but in Sonic 2006 they added a delay to the attack because is was too cheap before. Is Sonic still allowed to use the cheap version of his attack?

Samochan

Smash Master
No, I mean, it's the same attack in both games, but in Sonic 2006 they added a delay to the attack because is was too cheap before. Is Sonic still allowed to use the cheap version of his attack?
I do think that the retcon of a same attack should be used if it really is the same attack, only modified. Kinda like Samus grapple beam getting new stuff to latch onto on Corruption. But there's also the problem of making characters here display their maximum potential and making sonic's attack worse is the other way around. :/

Technologikall

Smash Apprentice
I rather settle with draw for Bowser vs Mewtwo than go through all that debate again. >.> It drained me from all brainpower to make up all those arguments and evidence to support it, ugh, but in the end my reasoning just didn't catch on with those most adamantly against them. And I still cannot fanthom how information found within the main games should be considered uncanon when they seemingly contradict rpg handheld game mechanics, which battle system is so straightforward and simple even a 7 year old can catch on (lol), while everything else contradictory (like the examples I pointed out, lol at sonic running/falcon driving at speed of sound ingame) on other games was ignored. But I'm done with that. If my arguments, evidence and reasoning fail to convince, then there's no need to continue that anymore. :/

--

Sonic has teh super sonic thingy which itself grants invulnerability to stuff and he can run at veeery high speeds. Kirby on the other hand has many abilities he can use, like Crash, Stone and Mike.
Haha I know. XD
But draw can happen in Mewtwo vs Bowser since Mewtwo can Self Destruct so let's just assume he wanted to end the battle quickly and used that. XD

anyway Super Sonic is invincible but with how many ring does he start? He takes one ring per second and no rings = no Super Sonic. Don't know if Kirby could outstall that though since Super Sonic is really fast and Strong. Actually I think that Super Sonic already IS true to his game.

Samochan

Smash Master
Can't you initiate super sonic when you've just collected emeralds, for reasonable amount of time? >_>

I'm no expert of sonic games, but I did recently see something akin to this happen when one of my buddies played it on a console..

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Kirby's a bit over 8 inch tall, and the closest thing that he has which can compare to Sonic's speed is Dragoon.

Unknownlight

Smash Journeyman
I'm no expert of sonic games, but I did recently see something akin to this happen when one of my buddies played it on a console..
You would be correct. Storyline-wise, Sonic doesn't need any rings to go Super, the ring countdown is merely a gameplay mechanic. In Sonic Unleashed the ring countdown system isn't even used, Super Sonic just has a health bar.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
The question of the day would be, what advantages should Kirby have? Should Kirby have the Kirby Super Star Milky Way Wishes advantage where he can able to use any ability that's not a limited time use, should he have the Kirby Squeak Squad ability to able to have five items in his stomach, (ability bubble, Star Shot bubble, Hyper Candy bubble, or Healing item bubble). And also his Super Inhale so he can able to inhale bigger enemies? His Kirby 64 ability to mix his powers and move while he's inhaling, not to mention his inhale goes farther?

Also this may not occer to many, but couldn't Kirby just inhale the Chaos Emerald with ease? =P

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Also this may not occer to many, but couldn't Kirby just inhale the Chaos Emerald with ease? =P
Is that possible? Hmm, never occurred to me. Would that give him Super Sonic's speed?

Unknownlight

Smash Journeyman
While not canon (the games don't bother to explain how Chaos Emeralds work) a very popular theory is that Chaos Emeralds are more like energy amplifiers, they have an energy field surrounding them. Kirby inhaling a Chaos Emerald wouldn't really do anything, Kirby would already have to know how to utilize Chaos energy in the first place. And Sonic would still be able to use the Emerald's power by just being near it. So it really makes no difference.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I'm not sure how fast the Dragoon is, but from the cut-scene in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, when Kirby is using the Dragoon, he breaks the sound barrier. According to Wikipedia, "the sound barrier usually refers to the point at which an aircraft moves from transonic to supersonic speed" (Wikipedia - Sound Barrier). So, it seems like from the cut-scene in SSBB would have a similar speed to that of Captain Falcon's Blue Falcon when it's at max speed with the use of Boost Power, which was Mach 0.8 to Mach 1.2. I inferred that the speed would be at least able to break the sound barrier, considering that the Dragoon is "A legendary machine that cuts the sky!" (Kirby: Air Ride) I tried to find out how fast the speed of the Dragoon was, but I've been unable to. In-game shows around almost 60 mph. I usually have seen 58 mph, and the speed increases when you hold down the A button while in the air. This is because you're dropping faster. I have no other way to find out. I had to use a YouTube video.

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ Kirby Air Ride strongly decreased the speed on all Air Ride Machines if you can see the game play, poor things can't even fly, but glide. ); ♥

♣ I can't speak for the rest of the Air Ride Machine, but the Warp Star is able to move very fast, speed to go to other planets very quick. ♥

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
That's an interesting point. Wouldn't Kirby be able to eat the Chaos Emeralds?
I can't imagine them having an effect on Kirby, but sucking up even one will stop Sonic from becoming super.

Unknownlight

Smash Journeyman
That's an interesting point. Wouldn't Kirby be able to eat the Chaos Emeralds?
I can't imagine them having an effect on Kirby, but sucking up even one will stop Sonic from becoming super.
While not canon (the games don't bother to explain how Chaos Emeralds work) a very popular theory is that Chaos Emeralds are more like energy amplifiers, they have an energy field surrounding them. Kirby inhaling a Chaos Emerald wouldn't really do anything, Kirby would already have to know how to utilize Chaos energy in the first place. And Sonic would still be able to use the Emerald's power by just being near it. So it really makes no difference.
No, it wouldn't stop Sonic from going Super. He just has to be near the emeralds to go Super, he doesn't actually have to be touching them.

Lovely

Smash Lord
Considering that the only time they are even visible is when Sonic first goes Super, Kirby wouldn't get the chance.
♣ That would depend if Sonic is already Super Sonic. ;p ♥

No, it wouldn't stop Sonic from going Super. He just has to be near the emeralds to go Super, he doesn't actually have to be touching them.
♣ Which Sonic game this occurred at?! I must had over looked... or haven't played enough of. ); ♥

BSP

Smash Legend
Unless kirby can out last sonic 999 rings, he's done. Sonic still has time stop too. And kirby eating the emeralds...sonic could run/warp away, transform, and come right back and own him.

Kirby's only viable option is to use something that makes him invulnerable, since sonic has time stopping.

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ That would depend. If Kirby is able to use Stone, Sonic won't damage him as long as he doesn't unstone. ♥

REL38

Smash Lord
Does Kirby have the ability start out with a set power?

If so, then Kirby can use the Stone ability to turn into a stone.
Nothing hurts him while he's a stone.

He only stays that way for 15+ minutes to outlast SSonic.

EDIT:

You guys beat me to the punch >__>

BSP

Smash Legend
♣ That would depend. If Kirby is able to use Stone, Sonic won't damage him as long as he doesn't unstone. ♥
Does kirby start the battle with the stone ability? If not, how does he get it?

@Rel: Sonic doesn't have to transform immediately in this match. Depending on how long it takes kirby to actually turn stone, sonic may have already rammed him/ frozen him.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Kirby could well start out with many abilities. There's a Smash ability IIRC in a GBA Kirby game which gave him all his B moves from Smash including Stone and Hammer. He could have that I think for starting out.

REL38

Smash Lord
Big deal kirby has stone. Sonic will stand there and just wait while tapping his foot on the ground with a chili dog in hand

So doesn't this technically come down to a tie, of all things :/

Kirby has the perfect defense. There's no need for him to ever come out of Stone.
Sonic can't do anything to hurt Kirby nor should Kirby take the risk of trying.

Top Bottom