• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Canon Tournament! (Mario Vs. ????) - 06/14/10

UncleSam

Smash Master
That's what I thought. Apparently it was totally okay for Lucario to have earthquake tm even though he's completely wild one, but when Bowser was seemingly losing to Mewtwo people suddenly disallowed tm's and imo, couldn't really bring up feasible enough arguments why they should be disallowed in the first place. :/
I just said EQ for the lulz.

Technologikall

Smash Apprentice
Victory should be Meta's destiny...

Edit: Oh lol how funny this is. On the synopsis of Lucario vs Olimar, Lucario uses earthquake which is a TM. This Lucario is also a wild Lucario like mewtwo is, yet somehow Lucario can use tm's still yet Mewtwo cannot, thus the reason why Mewtwo lost to bowser. This really needs to be rectified... doube standards are dumb.
If a character can use an item that isn't his and is taken away from him then Pokémon should definately be able to learn TMs. Especially Mewtwo who is supposed to be an intelligent character. Maybe he doesn't want to get TMs to keep a low profile ,but he would certainly be able to do it.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Mewtwo IS SO INTELLIGENT, that in the wild, he randomizes his attacks.

Also, OHKOs (as in instant-kill weapons that don't care about defense), will automatically end Lucas. Ultimate Chimera OHKOs him.

EDIT: Oh wow, I just realized the fail.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
That was my fault. Seriously thought earthquake was a non-TM move.

Eh, well Lucario would win the match-up anyways, I'll edit the synopsis to something different.

Technologikall

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo IS SO INTELLIGENT, that in the wild, he randomizes his attacks.

Also, OHKOs (as in instant-kill weapons that don't care about defense), will automatically end Lucas. Ultimate Chimera OHKOs him.

EDIT: Oh wow, I just realized the fail.
That's called mindgaming.

No but seriously I said SUPPOSED to. I didn't say he's smart in the game. I said he's supposed to be. Ofcourse I ment that he is smart in the story even though his AI is quite limited.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Interesting to note that Mewtwo's Dex entries tell nothing about his intelligence.

If you guys say "OH HE'S PSYCHIC", then look at Slowpoke. Slowpoke is part Psychic but not shown to be intelligent (in the gameplay, too).

Samochan

Smash Master
Interesting to note that Mewtwo's Dex entries tell nothing about his intelligence.

If you guys say "OH HE'S PSYCHIC", then look at Slowpoke. Slowpoke is part Psychic but not shown to be intelligent (in the gameplay, too).
Personally I've never said anything about intelligence being canon on games, but the most powerful psychic pokemon in the pokeverse, alongside being a genetically modified savage combat machine that escaped cinnabar lab probably possesses adequate amount of intelligence, as the next powerful non-uber psychic pokemon is said to be better than any supercomputer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiTcRsNQ8N4

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon :3

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Vs.

Current Match-Up:
THE POKEMON TRAINER Vs. THE SUPER BROTHER

Mario Vs. Pokemon Trainer

:mario: vs :pt:

Round 2, Match 3.

Who will win? YOU decide!

Overall Results

Wins +2:

, :ganondorf:

Wins +1:

, ,
, :toonlink:, :younglinkmelee:, :dedede:

Neutral:

, ,
, :lucas:, :metaknight:

Loss -1:

:jigglypuff:

Loss -2:

, ,
, :rob:, :gw:,

Edit: Sigh, not this again.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mario vs Pokemon Trainer?
Or Ganondorf vs MetaKnight?

Sasha

Smash Journeyman
Raizen, all you have to do is decide whether or not Pokemon are allowed to use TM's.

You've heard both sides of the argument and, last I checked, you were okay with allowing TM's.

If TM's are allowed, M2 > Bowser. If not, the other way around.

Also, Metal Mario ftw.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Raizen, all you have to do is decide whether or not Pokemon are allowed to use TM's.

You've heard both sides of the argument and, last I checked, you were okay with allowing TM's.

If TM's are allowed, M2 > Bowser. If not, the other way around.

Also, Metal Mario ftw.
Pokemon Trainer's pokemons aren't wild, he's capable of teaching them TMs.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Well, for that case, no, they aren't allowed. Unless you bring up any Pokemon walking and picking up their own TMs in game to me, then possibly I'll allow them.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Wait a second, how dare anyone start a Kirby character without someone with Kirby knowledge, does anyone play Kirby & The Amazing Mirror? Meta Knight sword is called Master in that game for a reason. =P

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Wait a second, how dare anyone start a Kirby character without someone with Kirby knowledge, does anyone play Kirby & The Amazing Mirror? Meta Knight sword is called Master in that game for a reason. =P
Metaknight was paired up against Ganondorf, so it doesn't matter.

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
Let's see... What does Mario have that's extremely quick and accurate? His Super Jump might be pretty lethal in this matchup. Though it would be funny to see Kyogre blast Mario sky high by using Water Spout as Mario tried to jump on Red.

At the moment I'm really not sure what would be best for Mario, so I don't know what Red should do against him.
I do know that this is not an easy matchup for Red though.

EDIT: Calling a sword Master does not make it the blade of evil's bane.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Metaknight was paired up against Ganondorf, so it doesn't matter.
Ganondorf can still get hurt.... just that he won't die. 3=

Calling a sword Master does not make it the blade of evil's bane.
Actrully Meta Knight's Galaxia is umm stronger than the Master Swrod, (inb4 LoZ debate). I guess I can't turn back the clock. =/

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
Does the Minder Reader and Sheer Cold combo work?
It should, provided Red can get it off before getting killed. EDIT: Actually, Mario may have a badge that prevents OHKOs, but I really don't know.
Ganondorf can still get hurt.... just that he won't die. 3=

Actrully Meta Knight's Galaxia is umm stronger than the Master Swrod, (inb4 LoZ debate). I guess I can't turn back the clock. =/
It may be stronger, but that doesn't make it Evil Repelling.

Technologikall

Smash Apprentice

Lol I hate that argument. So don't worry about that. XD

One reason is that Pokémon can use TMs in PMD.
And another reason is that Mewtwo has a background story about being angry at the scientists that created him. though I'm not sure how many details the games provide you with, he's supposed to think about life and all.

Also Mew is inteligent according to Bulbapedia, and Mewtwo is a cloned version of Mew.

Anyway, what makes you think that Mewtwo would be too dumb too use TM anyway if he wanted to?

Samochan

Smash Master
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon also very much tells about Mewtwo like the way pokedex entries say, along with Mewtwo's persona that matches that of the pokedex one.

It is also proven through Gardevoir and her master that Pokemon world and Human world are interlapped, but there is really only one Pokemon world. Only few humans are aware of pokemon societies and the main character, human turned pokemon, is in awe about it.

Mystery Dungeons are basically pokemon games from the pokemon point of view, while the main series is from Human point of view.

There's nothing really to disprove their canonicity.

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon also very much tells about Mewtwo like the way pokedex entries say, along with Mewtwo's persona that matches that of the pokedex one.

It is also proven through Gardevoir and her master that Pokemon world and Human world are interlapped, but there is really only one Pokemon world. Only few humans are aware of pokemon societies and the main character, human turned pokemon, is in awe about it.

Mystery Dungeons are basically pokemon games from the pokemon point of view, while the main series is from Human point of view.
Then why are the worlds so different, and the legendary pokemon in such different places?

Technologikall

Smash Apprentice
Then why are the worlds so different, and the legendary pokemon in such different places?
Pkmn Stadium and XD(In the japanese one you could catch celb, right?) have Mewtwo and Celebi in different places respectively. I guess this just proves the point that legendarys can be mobile and change their location, thus Mewtwo should be able to get a TM if he wanted to.

What makes you think that they would be stationairy?

And the world is different because it's the Pokémon world, hidden from humans. That's the story. That guy got changed into a Pokémon and teleported away.

justaway12

Smash Master

Samochan

Smash Master
The Pokemon societies (least the villages) are not exacly humongous and for the sake of new game experience and the lack of humans, the maps are different. But really, what stops legendary pokemon from moving around in the first place? There are plenty of roaming legendaries around that can roam in multiple regions, those that only appear with certain items and to different places too, pokemon swarms and whatnot. some legendaries have also swapped placed between generations. However, Mewtwo for example is still found secluded in a cave just like in the originals.

Mario Party is.. a party game, not a game with storyline or anything of such. They're not even remotely comparable. >_>;

Sasha

Smash Journeyman
To the first part: Dunno, never played PMD.
To the second part: They moved, cause they felt like it.

As far as the canonicity (word?) of the games, according to Bulbapedia, the non-spinoff games are in this link:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Template:Main_series

Strangely enough, Poke Stadium 1/2 and Colosseum are both considered main series games. PMD and Poke Rangers are not. I'm not sure entirely what that implies as far as this thread is concerned, but Bulbapedia is pretty much the go-to place for all things Pokemon. Interpret how you will.

Samochan

Smash Master
Oh yea. Colosseum and XD feature legendary pokemons in very different locations, one could say there are even multiple legendaries (cept those like Mewtwo and Arceus). Colosseum and XD are both main series games.

And not even going to Pokemon Box and Ranch...

Top Bottom