• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Canon Tournament! (Mario Vs. ????) - 06/14/10

Sonic on the Rocks

Smash Lord
It's impossible for anyone here to actually kill Ganondorf unless they have Silver Arrows or some equivelant.
What's Captain Falcon gonna do, shoot him? He's lived through being stabbed in the brain.
Hit him with his car? Ganondorf's survived a castle collapsing on him.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Only a few select characters can kill Ganondorf, and that's not Captain Falcon, though he is epic sauce on the anime, but this is based on the video game.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Only a few select characters can kill Ganondorf, and that's not Captain Falcon, though he is epic sauce on the anime, but this is based on the video game.
I fail to see why this should not accept all of canon, including all games, anime, and manga, if there is one.

§leepy God

Smash Master
I fail to see why this should not accept all of canon, including all games, anime, and manga, if there is one.
Oh, I'm thinking this thread only base off the character game only and not anything else. Strange, now I have to think harder on more character fights since I haven't looked at all of what they can do.

Ferith

Smash Cadet
Oh, yeah, did some more research, sorry about that.

Falcon's got nothing on Ganon, he just doesn't die =/

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
Yeah I thought it was actually Falcon causing the explosion at first until somebody pointed it out.

On the bright side of things, Falcon is still Manlier than Ganon =P

LuLLo

Smash Ace
In a battle of manliness, we ALL know who would win.
In a battle of awesomeness/nipples/sweet Knee's/whatever, we ALL know who would win.
But in a head-on fight, Ganondorf would win due to his gayzz magic.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
No he would win due to being able to flick Captain Falcon and make him explode.
No "Gayzz magic" involved.

Isn't the canon separate though?
Like the pokemon games are separate from the pokemon anime which is canon only to itself?
Correct, Enso.
If we accepted the anime as Canon, Falcon would still loose.
Ganondorf could kill him before he even had time to breathe.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Isn't the canon separate though?
Like the pokemon games are separate from the pokemon anime which is canon only to itself?
I don't know. For example, the Metroid manga and the Metroid video games are canonical. If you talk about the Metroid Universe, you're also going to be using the manga and not just the video games. Besides, Captain Falcon is the sameself person. He isn't like the multitude of Link incarnations. Anyway, a Falcon Punch would take Captain Falcon's life. As for Pokémon, if the games used the mechanics as seen in the anime and manga, we'd have a totally different way of playing, wouldn't we? None of this turn-base RPG.

Should we move onto two more contestants?

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
The first post needs to be more organized...

How about....Ness vs Mewtwo?
Ness would wreck Mewtwo.

Mewtwo would attempt to "mindrape" Ness and Ness would KO him with PSI Rockin.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
The first post needs to be more organized...

How about....Ness vs Mewtwo?
Ness would wreck Mewtwo.

Mewtwo would attempt to "mindrape" Ness and Ness would KO him with PSI Rockin.
I'll make everything look ALOT neater, once I get some free time on my hands, I'm currently just rushing through stuff.

So Ganny wins. Let's start redoing characters, before we move onto the losers brackets. We should do more than one at a time.

Kirby Vs. Marth
Zss Vs. Snake
Luigi Vs. Pikachu
Ness Vs. Mewtwo
Pit vs. Dk

If you're going to vote, vote for all of them (each match-up).

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
So. Now that this is, you know, true to their games...

Kirby wins because he can't die. Marth is a regular human.
Kirby wins the entire tournament. Now we're just fighting for second place.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
So. Now that this is, you know, true to their games...

Kirby wins the entire tournament. Now we're just fighting for second place.
Glad to see you back here :).

Can you give a vote for each match-up though?

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
But... it doesn't matter because Kirby's gonna win the entire thing. :(

Kirby Vs. Marth
Zss Vs. Snake
Luigi Vs. Pikachu
Ness Vs. Mewtwo
Pit vs. Dk

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ Is Kirby really strong enough to beat everyone? I thought Samus would be, I guess I don't know Kirby that well like I thought. ♥

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
WhatIsRaizen said:
Kirby Vs. Marth
Kirby, he could go ghost form the turn to stone once inside of Marth's brain.
Or he could just Warp Star divebomb Marth till he dies.
Unless Marth can get a hit in with the Earth Orb he is done for.

WhatIsRaizen said:
Zss Vs. Snake
Snake, though if ZSS gets a shot with her gun he is done for.
It doesn't paralyze...it kills.
I think Snake would win though becuase of the fact he has more weapons and could probably hit her first.

WhatIsRaizen said:
Luigi Vs. Pikachu
Luigi would win.
He could use the Chaos Heart to become all powerful again and just destroy Pikachu. Even without doing that he has a vast arsenal of weapons and abilities to kill Pikachu.

WhatIsRaizen said:
Ness Vs. Mewtwo
Ness would destroy Mewtwo.
Mewtwo wouldn't be able to even charge an Shadow Ball before Ness uses PSI Rockin.
Anything Mewtwo does can either be absorbed or reflected by Ness.

WhatIsRaizen said:
Pit vs. Dk
Pit would win hands down.
Pit could just snipe DK and Dk wouldn't be able to do anything.
The Crystal Rod and Mirror Shield can protect him from anything DK throws at him.
And if DK somehow gets close, Pit can use the Pegasus wings to fly away and resume sniping.

Source: http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Kid_Icarus/Items

-----------------------------

Kirby is not strong enough to beat everyone.
Ganondorf would beat everyone.
Even Link.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
♣ Is Kirby really strong enough to beat everyone? I thought Samus would be, I guess I don't know Kirby that well like I thought. ♥
I was just thinking the same thing. Viper's reasoning was that Kirby's been in explosions, space, and all this other crap. Meaning he can't be harmed by any physical weapons. So nobody with a sword, bombs, etc can hurt him.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Doesn't matter. I made the same argument, yet they still insisted Kirby is invincible. Think of this in real terms.

If Kirby tried to inhale Marth, his sword would poke a hole inside of him and he'd just die. The OP says they can have any power they would in the game. So Kirby is incredibly broken because he can just eat anyone alive.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
8 inches tall.
Kirby is 8 inches tall.
Impossible for Kirby to eat anyone besides Meta Knight and maybe Olimar.
It matters.

Marth could step on him with enough force to kill him.
Kirby would win becuase of his abilities not eating people.

Those that insisted on his invincibility are either ignorant or idiots.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Kirby won against Marth because of this. I stopped coming to this thread after that.

And Kirby can only use those abilities once he sucks up enemies. There are no enemies he could steal powers from if he was fighting Marth.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Kirby can't use his powers because there wouldn't be any enemies for him to suck up.

But he has a giant warp star so he wins.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
Kirby has ALL of his powers.
He gets every power and ability he has ever had.

Also the Warp Star isn't giant.
Its only a bit bigger than Kirby.
The thing is an object going at that speed will kill any human no matter how small.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
In a battle of manliness, we ALL know who would win.
In a battle of awesomeness/nipples/sweet Knee's/whatever, we ALL know who would win.
But in a head-on fight, Ganondorf would win due to his gayzz magic.
In a battle of manliness, Ganon would win. Nuff said.

I'll give you an explanation of why I think the following characters should move on, later.

Kirby. Snake. Pikachu. Mewtwo. Pit.

I want to see who the final 5 would be. If it isn't Ganon, Samus, Sonic, Kirby, and Mewtwo, this thread's biased.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
In a battle of manliness, Ganon would win. Nuff said.

I'll give you an explanation of why I think the following characters should move on, later.

Kirby. Snake. Pikachu. Mewtwo. Pit.

I want to see who the final 5 would be. If it isn't Ganon, Samus, Sonic, Kirby, and Mewtwo, this thread's biased.
This.

100,000 times this.

Sonic on the Rocks

Smash Lord
Kirby Vs. Marth
Zss Vs. Snake
Luigi Vs. Pikachu
Ness Vs. Mewtwo
Pit vs. Dk
Marth ? Kirby, I can't call it because I know little about the Fire Emblem universe. However, Kirby does have access to most of his abilities (if any of you remember the Copy Essences Deluxe from Mily Way Wishes in Kirby Super Star).

Luigi > Pikachu, while Pikachu is a decent Pokemon, Luigi has a decent amount of offensive and defensive options. Zolga, Luigi cannot use the Chaos Heart as he was never actually in control of it. Dimentio fused with him and was in total control of both Luigi and the Chaos Heart the entire time.

Ness > to Mewtwo, no contest. Mewtwo is a hugely powerful Pokemon, but Ness is superior. Again, Zolga's word is flawed as Shadow Ball is not a move that needs to be charged prior to use, but Ness's PSI attacks are overwhelmingly powerful. Ness has an item that severly reduces damage he takes from certain elemental attacks (I know there's three, but I'm sick right now and can't quite remember them other than Freezing attacks). PSI Rockin Omega is a move with massive damage that hits everyone in the area. PSI Flash causes enemies suffer from uncontrolable crying (lowering their accuracy), numbness (effectively Paralyzing them (in Earthbound, Paralyzation leaves the target entirely unable to use phsycial attacks)), feeling strange (similar to the Confusion status effect) or they are instantly defeated. Ness's PSI Healing can cure a cold, sunstroke, sleep, poisonings, nausea, feeling strange, uncontrollable crying, and paralysis. Lifeup entirely restores Ness's health. Paralysis paralyzes an enemy. Shield reduces all damage by 50%. Ness's Teleport is also useful, as it causes him to run extremely fast (as seen in Melee's opening, and Ness's enterance animation in Brawl).
So long as this remains only for their games, Ness will not lose.

Pit > Donkey Kong, Pit can fly, rapidly fire arrows, and has a sheild that causes intense damage to anyone who touches it.

REL38

Smash Lord
This entire thing's rather biased and unorganized. Kirby's being seen as the most broken character here because it's assumed he's got ready access to all his ability's in his games. Besides, most of this can only be backed up by those who care for the character. It's really just a big popularity contest.

Some characters who should have moved on *cough*Mewtwo*cough*Pika*cough* didn't because people are only voting for their favourite character and not the obvious winner.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
Zolga, Luigi cannot use the Chaos Heart as he was never actually in control of it.
Oh oops I read the Wiki wrong thought he kept it.
(Oh god I'm turning into Wii)

Again Zolga's word is flawed as Shadow Ball is not a move that needs to be charged prior to use
I didn't mean literally charge.
Expression and context are hard to express via the internet xD.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
He can't? I hope no one was taking anything out of context. I said that Kirby wouldn't get stabbed if he swallowed Marth or Marth's Falchion. Not that he wouldn't get pierced by a sword.

Snake, though if ZSS gets a shot with her gun he is done for.
Play Metroid: Zero Mission. Samus still has fourteen Energy Tanks when she's outside of her Power Suit. Normally, Samus doesn't fight outside of her Power Suit

I think Snake would win though becuase of the fact he has more weapons and could probably hit her first.
All right, this is getting silly now. I'm just going to dump what I have been working on so far.

Samus Aran the Super Athlete by Dryn said:
Samus Aran is a super athlete, having been trained by the Chozo, an ancient race that is scientifically and technologically advanced. Samus had been trained by the Chozo since she was the age of three. Before that, she was integrated with Chozo DNA, which makes her "an extraordinary hybrid" of a human being and a Chozo, according to the Metroid manga. With this, we would expect some physical changes in Samus. She likely has improved strength, speed, and endurance, among other things. Her appearance, of course, remained the same. In the Super Metroid comic, Samus is said to have been given "Chozo blood," but this has changed. Nevertheless, it was also said that Samus was given this so that she would have the "natural powers" of the Chozo.

The Chozo exceed greatly in longevity, so we might expect this with Samus Aran as well. Not only is she greater than a human being, she probably will outlive human beings in her lifetime, especially since she is very athletic. Her athleticism would make her healthier, and generally, a healthier person lives longer. As it has been said before, Samus is a super athlete. Let us, therefore, go on to why I said this in the first place. In the DC Universe, you have a list, a "Strength Scale." I use the DC Universe, simply because you can find a bit more humanness within their universe than you could in the Marvel Universe. The Chozo would be considered to have an inhuman nature. This applies to aliens, as well as gods. "Inhuman" here refers to being non-human.

For the Strength Scale, you have:

• Below Normal: Cannot lift one's own body weight.
  • Normal: Can lift one's own body weight.
  • Athlete: Can lift one's own body weight up to double one's own body weight.
  • Peak Human: Can lift double one's own body weight up to 800 lbs.
  • Superhuman: Can lift 800+ lbs. to 2 tons.

The list goes further with Superhuman, but this is fine for now. The question is, Where would Samus Aran land? We get the word "super" from the Latin, which would mean "above," or "over," or "beyond." So, in other words, a super athlete would be one who is athletic, but above, over, or beyond a normal athlete. Would it be right to consider Samus as someone who possesses peak human strength? Batman is at peak human condition, but he was not trained by an alien race, nor was he integrated with alien DNA. Let's also think about the word "superhuman." This would simply mean that the person can do things that are beyond human limitations. This is done through genetic modification, cybernetic implants, or even evolution.

What are some of the things Samus is capable of doing? Well, for one, Lance Armstrong's resting heart rate is 32 BPM. In Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, at the beginning, Samus' is 15 BPM. Snake's codec notes that Samus can run faster than a normal human. Not even Snake, if he were to get rid of his equipment, would be able to keep up. In the Power Suit, when Samus has the Speed Booster, she is able to run at supersonic speeds. Her body would have to be capable of keeping up with this, lest she injure herself. We notice that Samus can jump higher than any human being in the Metroid Universe. She has also completed missions others had thought were impossible.

I personally think that Samus would fit in the Superhuman category outside of her Power Suit as far as strength goes. I'm not saying she would be able to lift 2 tons, but somewhere in between 800 lbs. and 2 tons. Now, what about speed? Don't be surprised. There is a Speed Scale as well. It's not called that, but that's what I'm calling it, since it works similarly to the Strength Scale. This is slightly different, though. I am using this from the Marvel Universe Handbook Master Edition, with Speed of Light and Warp Speed being a slight modification, since these do not exist in the handbook. The list is as follows:

• Below Normal: Cannot attain 3-5 mph.
  • Normal: 6-10 mph.
  • Athlete: 11-23 mph.
  • Peak Human: 23-35 mph.
  • Enhanced Human: 36-65 mph.
  • Superhuman: 111-115 mph.
  • Speed of Sound: 761 mph (Mach 1).
  • Supersonic Speed: 763 mph (Mach 1.2 to Mach 4.6).
  • Speed of Light: 670,616,629.4 mph.
  • Warp Speed: Incalculable.

The fastest man in the world is Jamaican sprinter, Usain Bolt. He holds the Olympic record for the 100 meter dash at 9.69 seconds, the 200 meter dash at 19.30 seconds, and the 4x100 meter relay at 37.10 seconds. I doubt this is a problem for Samus. If, in reality, she existed, she'd be the fastest person in the world as far as humans go. In the Power Suit, with the Speed Booster, Samus is said to run at "supersonic speeds." This is found in both the Metroid Fusion Instruction Booklet, as well as the Metroid: Zero Mission Instruction Booklet. She would be capable of running at Mach 1.2 to Mach 4.6. If anything, with the Speed Booster, Samus is capable of running as fast as an F-Zero Machine on foot, as well as running at the same speed as Super Sonic.
I'm not done with this yet, but **** Solid Snake.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Dryn, that was the driving force behind the Kirby argument. That Kirby can't die by simply being stabbed. Not saying it was you, I faintly remember that fiasco. But I'll go ahead and jump on the invincibility bandwagon.

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
Snake would get ***** by Samus hands down. I mean she has a stun gun to set up Snake for the kill. She also has been trained to the point that she has Super Human speed, strength, and reflexes. There is no way Snake could compete even with his CQC techniques.

Top Bottom