• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Canon Tournament! (Mario Vs. ????) - 06/14/10

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
About time you got to Ganondorf.

Ganondorf is the strongest/best out of all the smash characters, and I'll be making sure that he wins this tournament.

Ganondorf is a immortal Warlord, commander of dark arts/magic, he's impossible to kill. Only a few weapons hurt him.

Captain Falcon on the other hand is a high-speed racer, the highest level of threat he can pose to Ganon is running him over, which won't even harm Ganon since he's invulnerable.

All Ganon really has to do is choke Falcon's life out of him.

Ganon would win.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
Votes do not make illogical outcomes possible.

I'm not sure if you resolved this but Pit's shield kills everything.
It blocks EVERYTHING.
Donkey Kong would be destroyed by the arrows.
He wouldn't even be able to get close to Pit.

The "other thread" used reasoning and factual data from the games to support our points.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546

It blocks EVERYTHING.
Pit has a shield in his game(s)?

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace

It blocks EVERYTHING.

The "other thread" used reasoning and factual data from the games to support our points.
I know but, I could always get certain flawed match-ups re- done. I mean, we all know Pikachu beats Luigi, some people were just biased with their votes.

I definitely WILL get certain match-ups re-done, and provide non-flawed data.

Once this tournament finishes, I'll make sure the summaries on why a character got its current spot is backed up with proper reasoning and factual data.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
Ganondorf would win.
No question about it.

Captain Falcon's only strength is that he can run away with his car.
Even then Ganondorf is a sorcerer and could explode Falcon at will.
He can also teleport.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Captain Falcon's only strength is that he can run away with his car.
Give Falcon a bit more credit. He's also a bounty hunter.

Even then Ganondorf is a sorcerer and could explode Falcon at will.
In what game did Ganondorf ever blow something up at will? If Ganondorf could do that, then why doesn't he ever save himself the trouble and just blow up Link?

He can also teleport.
What game, and how far can he teleport?

I'm going to give the win to Ganondorf, simply because he's a powerful man, and only Light Arrows, Silver Arrows, and the Master Sword can affect him. Well, in the Ocarina of Time, you can use the Biggoron Sword, too, so I'm wondering if Ganondorf can be affected by other weaponry.

I'm curious on whether or not Luminoth technology can help Samus if she were to ever fight Ganondorf, what with the Light Beam and all. Let's save that for some other time.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Give Falcon a bit more credit. He's also a bounty hunter.

In what game did Ganondorf ever blow something up at will? If Ganondorf could do that, then why doesn't he ever save himself the trouble and just blow up Link?

What game, and how far can he teleport?

I'm going to give the win to Ganondorf, simply because he's a powerful man, and only Light Arrows, Silver Arrows, and the Master Sword can affect him. Well, in the Ocarina of Time, you can use the Biggoron Sword, too, so I'm wondering if Ganondorf can be affected by other weaponry.

I'm curious on whether or not Luminoth technology can help Samus if she were to ever fight Ganondorf, what with the Light Beam and all. Let's save that for some other time.
Ganon teleports in Twilight Princess, I don't think that there's a restricted distance. And, while Ganon can't really blow things up at will, he has powers that come really close to it.

I'm pretty sure that both Ganon and Samus would make it to the grand finals of this tournament, if it doesn't turn completely biased, and yes, let's save that for when we actually get there.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I'm going to go with Ganondorf, for the reason previously stated:

I'm going to give the win to Ganondorf, simply because he's a powerful man, and only Light Arrows, Silver Arrows, and the Master Sword can affect him.
Ganondorf for the win.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
He doesn't blow up Link at will because that would...ruin the game.
Would you just want to be blown up and then the game is over?

He nuked the castle in TP.
When he kicked Minda's butt then exploded/teleported.

He teleported from the Center of Castle Town to Hyrule Field...atleast a mile.
And he can do short range teleporting in almost every game.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
He doesn't blow up Link at will because that would...ruin the game.
Would you just want to be blown up and then the game is over?

He nuked the castle in TP.
When he kicked Minda's butt then exploded/teleported.

He teleported from the Center of Castle Town to Hyrule Field...atleast a mile.
And he can do short range teleporting in almost every game.
Nevermind this.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I'm going to want a rematch between Zero Suit Samus and Snake. I feel that it was a bit biased.

I'm pretty sure that both Ganon and Samus would make it to the grand finals of this tournament, if it doesn't turn completely biased, and yes, let's save that for when we actually get there.
Yeah, these two are basically the most powerful characters in the Nintendo Universe.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I'm going to want a rematch between Zero Suit Samus and Snake. I feel that it was a bit biased.

Yeah, these two are basically the most powerful characters in the Nintendo Universe.
That, they are.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Giygas is also powerful but moving on.
Ganon in canon has only died to one weapon with the triforce of power in his possession.
It's not the master sword.
In Twilight princess, if you do not recall, when Link impales him, he tries to use the Triforce of Power and save his life, however somehow it is taken away from him. This is likely symbolic of the execution where it was just given to him. So in the same manner he got it, he lost it, and funny enough in the same situation, with a sword in his gut. That being said, he died with a mortal, where as with the ToP it's known that he's immortal. The only game he died in with the ToP is the original Legend of Zelda where the silver arrows take his life, with the ToP in his possession.

That being said.
No Links at ALL in Smash have the silver arrows.

It's also stated by ganondorf himself that a weapon(sword) that can't repel evil can't beat him.
Theres also the fact that when his Skull was impaled by the Hero of time by the master sword he survived, and because of this the OTHER sequel to OoT the Wind Waker was able to occur, because he had to be sealed.
Nobody in this competition can actually Kill him.
So unless they can seal him, nobody can actually win.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
That being said.
No Links at ALL in Smash have the silver arrows.
We're not talking about the movesets in any of the Super Smash Bros. series. We're talking about the characters that have appeared in Super Smash Bros. and are giving them the same qualities as found in the games. I assume we're using Link from TP. We're not discussing Ganondorf vs. Link, though.

Nobody in this competition can actually Kill him.
So unless they can seal him, nobody can actually win.
So, in other words, your vote goes to Ganondorf. All right. Thanks for telling us. You didn't need to write a huge explanation.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
The bigger the explanation, the better.

I'm coming to know why Sakurai made three different Links in the Smash Brothers series. It was for games like these (thread), Ganon would completely dominate if there weren't more than one Link to stop him.

Drig786

Smash Journeyman
NNID
i-DRIG-i
ganon punch vs falcon punch xD

well ganon would win since he is very powerful and he has a sword (which nobody knows where he puts it) plus he can go beast form o.o

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
Ganondorf gets run over.
Ganondorf gets up unharmed.
He teleports into Captain Falcon's car and punches him in the face shattering his skull into a million pieces.
Ganondorf wins.
Good Game Falcon.

Thats assuming Falcon can even HIT him with the car.
Ganondorf can just short range teleport out the way.

Ganondorf would also kill Anime Falcon.
Falcon attempts to punch Ganondorf.
Ganondorf flicks his hand and Falcon explodes.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Ganondorf gets run over.
Ganondorf gets up unharmed.
He teleports into Captain Falcon's car and punches him in the face shattering his skull into a million pieces.
Ganondorf wins.
Good Game Falcon.

Thats assuming Falcon can even HIT him with the car.
Ganondorf can just short range teleport out the way.

Ganondorf would also kill Anime Falcon.
Falcon attempts to punch Ganondorf.
Ganondorf flicks his hand and Falcon explodes.
This.

10this.

bow master1

Smash Apprentice
c.falcon cause he has speed and most of ganons strength and COSMIC KNEE!!!though he is a very corny character.

:falcon:show me ya moves.
just die captain falcon

outside of the game ganon wins hands down

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
c.falcon cause he has speed and most of ganons strength and COSMIC KNEE!!!though he is a very corny character.

:falcon:show me ya moves.
just die captain falcon

outside of the game ganon wins hands down
Excuse me sir.
What the flapjacks is the Cosmic Knee?
Knee of Justice.
KNEE. OF. JUSTICE.
And how is he corny?
My mistake sarcasm is hard to detect through the interwebs xD

I do believe this thread is about the actual characters outside of the Smash Universe.
Posting that you think Ganondorf will win would have sufficed instead of mentioning something irrelevant to the current discussion.

bow master1

Smash Apprentice
Excuse me sir.
What the flapjacks is the Cosmic Knee?
Knee of Justice.
KNEE. OF. JUSTICE.
And how is he corny?

I do believe this thread is about the actual characters outside of the Smash Universe.
Posting that you think Ganondorf will win would have sufficed instead of mentioning something irrelevant to the current discussion.
sorry guess i was just confused a little.and cosmic knee is wat i call his knee of justice.also sotr is right.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Yep, this thread is when they are true to their games, like how Ganon has his magic, piece of triforce and all that.

(shameless plug is shameless: My thread discusses if they were real entities)

Top Bottom