• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brawl UK Social Thread

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Also with certain floaty characters their dairs can aid their survivability, eg, kirby's is an amazing momentum canceller#

So just to clarify, the actual weight will determine how early a character will die unaided (for the purpose of this unaided means not momentum cancelling or di'ing)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Also with certain floaty characters their dairs can aid their survivability, eg, kirby's is an amazing momentum canceller#

So just to clarify, the actual weight will determine how early a character will die unaided (for the purpose of this unaided means not momentum cancelling or di'ing)
theres a small difference between fallweight and weight, natural weight effects how early you die unaided off the side and to a certain extent off the top too, whereas fallweight determines the strength of your momentum cancel and also towards unaided death off the top, determining each one is kinda hard

The Filth

Smash Lord
Yeah, not quite right MTR. Weight is a value that influences survivability, where as fallspeed determine how that weight is represented in death percentages off the top and side.

As in smaus + yoshi weigh the same. Samus dies faster off the top, slower off the sides. Simples.

B.Mack

Smash Ace
Doesn't link have the best DI in the game or something? Bcos of the huge difference btwn his fall speed and fastfall speed.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Its pretty godly, Warios is as well, cuz of his momentum, as Darran said, its a ****ing complicated topic.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
there are a ton of different options, there are 3 different stages of hitstun which effects momentum cancel
we'll jsut take the data given to us by the people with no lives and were able to actually work this **** out and be done with it
but for the record the best momentum cancel in the game is d3 because he has the fastest fall speed AND second highest fallspeed acceleration (fox being first) and he's also a fatty
without DI, d3 is the hardest to kill of the top, let alone WITH DI
and best horizontal momentum cancel is G&W because of bucket braking
certain b-moves halt and/or slow momentum, like the bucket, yoshi's side-b, dk's up-b and (to a lesser extent) samus's bombs

K.Mac

Smash Lord
certain b-moves halt and/or slow momentum, like the bucket, yoshi's side-b, dk's up-b and (to a lesser extent) samus's bombs
Which is why I'm glad they removed the special fall out of yoshi's side-b for bbrawl and brawl-

side-b on vbrawl is a deathwish otherwise. ~.~

Yeniths

East Midlands!
His name is Willz
Hes got the Skillz
To give the girls Chillz
And give them pillz
To get the killz

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
you have to be drunk to be posting that here

plus that's the dorkiest look I've ever seen on you.

Silva

Smash Apprentice
there are a ton of different options, there are 3 different stages of hitstun which effects momentum cancel
we'll jsut take the data given to us by the people with no lives and were able to actually work this **** out and be done with it
but for the record the best momentum cancel in the game is d3 because he has the fastest fall speed AND second highest fallspeed acceleration (fox being first) and he's also a fatty
without DI, d3 is the hardest to kill of the top, let alone WITH DI
and best horizontal momentum cancel is G&W because of bucket braking
I'm pretty sure DK is the best at horizontal momentum cancelling?
His Spinning Kong is like...the second best move for momentum cancelling after Oil Panic if I recall.
Plus he's the 2nd heaviest and his BAir comes out really fast.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Silva

Smash Apprentice
Thanks KJ, thought I should make use of this account seeing as I've had it for a while now.

@Anaky: I don't do dittos son, would rather play your Marth tbqh.

Top Bottom