• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brawl UK Social Thread

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
vouch shlurp

I've never seen a community moan so much over even matchups.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
I dont rly mind dittos, just some of them are boring, like Meta and Marth. But Link and Ike dittos are fun.

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
OMG DIS HANGOVER IS STILL GOIN AH ***KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

YOOO HERES ME N BRADO SMOKIN A HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE SPLIFF IN MY ENDZZ (LCLCLCLCLCLC), SOZ THE QUALITYS **** BUT WE WERE WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASTED LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!i

B.Mack

Smash Ace
How late someone dies is different from how good their DI is, For example Link dies at 120 with no DI but dies at like 180% with DI(hypothetical values). However D3 might die at 170% normally and dies at 186% with DI. D3's fall speed may be greater than link's, but the difference between his fall speed and fastfall speed is not as much as Link's.

That's what I was saying about 4 pages back, sorry if I'm being redundant.

Also, the most fun dittos in my opinion are just manly dittos(Ganon, Falcon or Wario)
Most disgusting dittos are olimar, samus and perhaps diddy.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
How late someone dies is different from how good their DI is, For example Link dies at 120 with no DI but dies at like 180% with DI(hypothetical values). However D3 might die at 170% normally and dies at 186% with DI. D3's fall speed may be greater than link's, but the difference between his fall speed and fastfall speed is not as much as Link's.

That's what I was saying about 4 pages back, sorry if I'm being redundant.

Also, the most fun dittos in my opinion are just manly dittos(Ganon, Falcon or Wario)
Most disgusting dittos are olimar, samus and perhaps diddy.
we mean the same thing but are saying it differently, but d3 still has the best di in game, his difference between living with no DI and with DI is greater than that of link's
as for horizontally, dk has the best DI, but his vertical DI isnt all that sharp

Silva

Smash Apprentice
oic, with 15 posts i assumed he was new
Its cool, I guess you could say I'm a lurker but the truth is I just forgot about this account of mine. Derp...

But as KJ said, I'm not really new. Just never come here often.

Btw how come you decided to main R.O.B? Ike is cool...besides sucking *** against the majority of the cast :/

</3

I love you Silva

There is plenty of useless knowledge for us to gather, heck, just go take a glance at the tactical boards for that. You get the best possible knowledge from playing, not from reading what you find on the boards.

cong

Smash Journeyman
I love you Silva

There is plenty of useless knowledge for us to gather, heck, just go take a glance at the tactical boards for that. You get the best possible knowledge from playing, not from reading what you find on the boards.
but its all the little extra things that make you average player good

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Lol, I know that. Any Ike main will say the same thing.

I meant was there another reason besides that which prompted him to switch to R.O.B.
because he was beginning to be depressing to use.
although r.o.b is techier than i signed up for, why does every character have all these gameplay essentials which I CAN'T DO!

but its all the little extra things that make you average player good
That's true, but there is far too much useless information out there. For example, who on earth could possibly care about what % a character will die WITHOUT DI? Everybody has SOME form of DI (inb4mtr) so it's practically useless knowledge.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
That's true, but there is far too much useless information out there. For example, who on earth could possibly care about what % a character will die WITHOUT DI? Everybody has SOME form of DI (inb4mtr) so it's practically useless knowledge.
well yeah that knowledge i dont have.
but however jsut by donig my own personal research i found that almost all neutral/counterpick stages have the exact same height on their blast zone from the floor
out of the ones i tested, only halberd had a different percentage than the others, and these were:
final destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's island
Lylat cruise
Pokemon stadium
Castle seige (all three tranformations)
Brinstar (was very, very slightly lower)

i think thats pretty legitimate

cong

Smash Journeyman
well yeah that knowledge i dont have.

Pokemon stadium
Castle seige (all three tranformations)
check ps ceiling again, im almost certain its higher than the regular neutrals.

castle seige 2nd transformation is way higher than neutrals

i didn't test it but i'm pretty sure that's right.

That's true, but there is far too much useless information out there.
yeh i can agree with that.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
check ps ceiling again, im almost certain its higher than the regular neutrals.

castle seige 2nd transformation is way higher than neutrals

i didn't test it but i'm pretty sure that's right.
although the camera angle makes it look higher, the 'magnifying glass' zone is a lot smaller than on other stages
for a more extreme example, look at times when we've played on temple for lulz, and with most characters as sono as they touch the top of the screen they die rather than going into the magnifying glass zone. sorta like that only with a less extreme case.
on all of these stages i stated, i tested with ikes u-tilt as it's one of the few moves hits directly upwards without any deviation in angle. it killed mario at 101% off the top on these stages, whereas on halberd it killed at 86% and on pictochat it killed at roughly 110%, and jungle japes it killed at 130%. i'll figure out a method of finding the exact height of all these stages soon ^.^

Top Bottom