• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brawl UK Social Thread

Heartstring

Smash Legend
nono, i live in east anglia, and ive only been to tournaments in london thus far, i dont think ive ever actually met you

Heartstring

Smash Legend
That's cool, be good to meet some of the new starters, need to shake off the old DeDeDe rust.

Any idea when the next fest is?
i think andy's holding one over christmas hols, but won't be going to that one, and i dont think shlurpie will be either XD

Heartstring

Smash Legend
srs smudge, gtf to a tourney, i wanna chaingrab your d3 xD

I remember playing yen ages ago, he went d3 and we just cg'd each other across fd xD
haha, catch is that new data has been found to show that d3 has a GUARANTEED u-smash on some members of the case out of d-throw, lucario being one of them (i think)

The_Rake

Smash Lord
yea, i've tried the same thing in other matches and lucario has never landed on the platform after going through it...think theres something to that :/

gp, you sure? lucarios usually one of the ones that this stuff is harder to do on. eg, falcos cg cops out very early, marth doesnt have guaranteed tipper etc

B.Mack

Smash Ace
Andy I'd love to see this on one of your stages or menu or whatever on ur Wii: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwtFebIaU98 < reminds me of Okami music... too f*cking awesome.

There arent any more smash events this year, but theres quite a few stacked up for the first 3 months or so of next year... I will be happy to hold monthlies as well, as long as I dont clash with CRZ... perhaps February and onwards. I'll post the next thread in here so its easier to find, lol.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yea, i've tried the same thing in other matches and lucario has never landed on the platform after going through it...think theres something to that :/

gp, you sure? lucarios usually one of the ones that this stuff is harder to do on. eg, falcos cg cops out very early, marth doesnt have guaranteed tipper etc
yes, its very surprising, you have to buffer the dash-u-smash out of d-throw, not only is it an effective way of finishing off the chaingrab at the edge of the stage (rather than jsut f-throw off) it also gives D3 a guarantee'd kill setup on you
congratulations lucario, you have your first hard counter XD

Heartstring

Smash Legend
nono, i said up SMASH, not up TILT, hyphen up-smash buffered can apparently hit thse guys
i haven't tested it myself, but the d3 boards are ******* buckets over it

Heartstring

Smash Legend
the only thing i use opinion for in brawl is the tier list and stage list. anything is a fact that ive read and/or seen tested
although apparently its been corrected about lucario, supposedly he can powershield it

Just popping my head in to say that everything GP has said is true.

Also GP, you were right about Snake. He is 3rd heaviest. NO idea where I got 4th from :/.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Just popping my head in to say that everything GP has said is true.

Also GP, you were right about Snake. He is 3rd heaviest. NO idea where I got 4th from :/.
thank you my friend, although i can understand where you got 4th from
the big-*** penguin with a giant mechanised hammer should not be lighter than an above average sized human. it doesnt make sense XD
but damn this needs quoting, new sig tiem!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
lol at the sig xD
MTR is still doubtful though
to be honest so am i, it says in the thread revealing it that lucario CAN be caught by it, but ive read in other places that this isnt the case
ill be back in roughly 10 minutes to confirm this or not
EDIT:
okay just bgot back from the thread
first off for this to work you have to jump cancel the dash u-smash
(so input is dthrow>dash>jump>u-smash)
also it only works on lucario if d3's d-throw has 5 or less d-throws in its staling registry
(a.k.a if over 6 of d3's last ten moves to connect was a d-throw, it gets powershielded, if under 5 d-throw are registered, it hits, similar to d3 and his infinite on samus that only works 5 times)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
bowser, dk, snake, d3, charizard, ganondorf, samus, yoshi, wario, r.o.b, ike and link/falcon are the same weight
need to delve further?

The Filth

Smash Lord
Its a dodgy subject to explain, because some people don't want to understand the difference between the numerical value of weight, and the effect that fall speed/sped of aerials has on your survivability.

Snakes ACTUAL weight is 4th or 5th iirc, but in practice, his fall speed and very strong DI oriented aeriels make his effective weight 3rd heaviest. As in, D3 is heavier, but snake lives longer.

Scrubs :3

Edit: May as well go the whole hog. Floaties die quicker off the top, but are harder to kill off the sides.Hence why you see Jiggs/Samus/Marth etc dying so quickly to Utilts

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Yeah it is rly hard to explain, some chars weigh more than others. yes other will survive longer. For example Link survives longer than Bowser alot of the time, unless he gets gimped.

.... samus is heavier than yoshi?

.... heavy + floaty ...

what is this I don't even ...
Yoshi lives longer then Samus vertically however. Not horizontally, but still good to note. I often wonder why Samus can't just fall like a stone like I've ALWAYS wanted her to D:

Laem

Smash Champion
im no brit yeah
but i do quite like this ol' teaparty you chaps got goin on 'ere
Shall we contemplate the extraordinary attributes of the name Callum, ol' beans?

Top Bottom