• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brawl UK Social Thread

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK

Smash Brawl UK Social Thread

Information
Hello and welcome to the official Smash Brawl UK Social thread. Here you can find all of UK's most active and best Brawlers. Below are the thread rules.

1. No spamming pointless +1's.
2. No 10 char dodging and no censor dodging, like i used to do.
3. No flaming, minor flaming is aight i guess.
4. No violence or racial abuse to people like Kasper and Cong as examples.
5. No X-Rated content, e.g. XXX Calzorz Files DVD.
6. No Johns, aka K.Mac's.
7. Only discuss things to do with Brawl and Tournaments/Fests etc.
General Gameplay Rules
1. 3 Stocks

2. 8 Minute Time Limit

3. Items set to "Off" and "None"

4. Pause set to "Off"

5. All infinites and chain grabs are legal.

6. There is a 40 Ledge Grab Limit for all characters except Metaknight who has a 30 ledge grab limit rule. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.

7. The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.

8. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

9. If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:

10. In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).

11. If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 18 is used for all characters.

Rules for Doubles
1. Team Attack set to "On"

2. Life stealing is allowed.

3. In the event of a game reaching the time limit, if a single player on a team exceeds their Ledge Grab Limit, that team loses. If one or more players on both teams exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then the Ledge Grab Limit rule is ignored.

4. In the event of a game going to time and the Ledge Grab Limit can not determine a winner and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.

5. If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.

Set Procedure
1. Player Port Priority is determined by one rock, paper scissors game.

2. Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.

3. Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.

4. The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 1-2-1 (Team 1 strikes one stage, followed by Team 2 striking two stages, with Team 1 then striking one of the two remaining stages).

5. The first match is played.

6. The team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first).

7. The Team that won the previous match may announce one "Stage Ban" if they have not already done so in this set.

8. The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a "Stage Ban" by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.

9. The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.

10. The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.

11. The next match is played.

12. Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches.

Stage List
Neutral Stages

1. Smashville
2. Battlefield
3. Final Destination
4. Yoshi's Island
5. Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages

6. Pokemon Stadium
7. Castle Seige
8. Battleship Halberd
9. Delphino Plaza
10. Frigate Orpheon

Brado

Smash Lord
**** JO3 got in the way of my invasion post ):

Yeeeeeeeenithsssss

On topic,

Sadly I cannot attend your fest as your Easter holidays is the week after ours, I would've enjoyed staying over a night or two.

The_Rake

Smash Lord
I wont be able to make it to darrens because id only get a few days there and have to leave early, and seen as i can only make one of these itd have to be one one i can be at the longest

K.Mac

Smash Lord
I'm under the belief that getting to Dooooooooooooooooooans may be a bit difficult for me (london makes me skint -.-) but for Andy's I should be fine.

IZAW! o_o

I WANT to go to dooans but don't guarantee it. Andy's is a defo though (ho **** man, we need to run a B- tourney or something). Just saying.

</crap internet>

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Because LEICESTER SUCKS. wut.

Get ***** by your school timetables homo <3.

ontopic

No johns. I am just going to hope like hell that I have at least £200 in my bank at the end of this month. I'll just make my mum do my paper round for two weeks in a row.

The_Rake

Smash Lord
hows mah wii yen? =P
Oh, what are the textures that you have for tlink and lucario?
I know you have that sexy vaati tlink though, please tell me you have either outset or zora tlink!!!

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Rake, don't forget to bug Yen to softmod it to play backups, so I can give you Brawl-

Unless the guys port it to ***. I should ask. ;)

edit

WHY DID IT CENSOR THAT. ugh. I'll say NTSC-J so it DOESN'T. >_>

Calzorz

Smash Lord
so im going to have to **** this event aswell k np all in a days work , i lol at darren intrested cos izaw is coming , but U GO WHEN U GOT BETTER STUF TO DO USER

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I'm not sure what my textures are MTR sorry...I'm going home this weekend so I'll take a look for you and bring my Wii back with me lol

Smudge

Smash Lord
There may be a coming up in my hometown of Congleton

Just stating this now, It will be Brawl only, Singles and Doubles. Doubt i'll have any places for people to crash either sadly, solely one day thing.

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman
awww QQ me and shiftingshadows only play melee. But if anyone drops out of either of these fests be sure to let me know.

Smudge

Smash Lord
Well there may be Melee there in the future and probably chance of a TV free for the game

Personally, I'm not a big fan of Melee, and thus i'd want to do Brawl only for the first one so I know what time constraints I have.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
lol.

WARNING. JOHN ALERT.

I went to the jobcentre today and I was told that next time I sign on, I will be going onto "Flexible New Deal."

For those of you who are still school script-kiddies and don't know what that is ... it's basically a ****ty government thing that tries to get jobless people (i.e. me) to get a job. Problem is, things have changed since last time I was on it, but two weeks from now is the same week of GT2 so if I'm correct, I will be having to attend jobsearch and training sessions starting from the week after

DURING
THE
WEEK

which would mean that I may not be able to come to either andy's or dooan's fests, especially if they make me go on thursdays or........... every day of the week like they do occasionally.
-_-

Just a heads-up. It may be that I don't have to go for a month or so but I CANNOT JUST NOT GO TO THE SESSIONS. if I don't, they stop my jobseekers, and then I can't come to fests OR tourneys.

sucks.

:<

note: this will NOT affect GT2. I guarantee it.

Smudge

Smash Lord
lol.

WARNING. JOHN ALERT.

I went to the jobcentre today and I was told that next time I sign on, I will be going onto "Flexible New Deal."

For those of you who are still school script-kiddies and don't know what that is ... it's basically a ****ty government thing that tries to get jobless people (i.e. me) to get a job. Problem is, things have changed since last time I was on it, but two weeks from now is the same week of GT2 so if I'm correct, I will be having to attend jobsearch and training sessions starting from the week after

DURING
THE
WEEK

which would mean that I may not be able to come to either andy's or dooan's fests, especially if they make me go on thursdays or........... every day of the week like they do occasionally.
-_-

Just a heads-up. It may be that I don't have to go for a month or so but I CANNOT JUST NOT GO TO THE SESSIONS. if I don't, they stop my jobseekers, and then I can't come to fests OR tourneys.

sucks.

:<

note: this will NOT affect GT2. I guarantee it.
You could just apply for a holiday like I did for a tournament

Marty - Also on Jobseekers Allowance.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Ok dates have changed abit, Izaw, Kira! and Calzorz are gonna be at mine from Friday the 9th of April until Sunday the 18th i think, simply because Izaw has booked to come stay over for that time and Kira is gonna help him get to my place from Gatwick Airport. Calz will be with me all way throgh easter holidays anyway.

So for every1 but me and the ppl i have just mentioned, can come over on the saturday and leave the saturday after, this will probably be what Ixis, Auro and possibly KJ want to do anyway. As for K.Mac, Rake and Cong, i suppose Cong can either leave with Kira/Izaw or Ixis/Auri/KJ, up to you, K.Mac will probz be going home Sunday with Cal, and Rake u can leave whenever u need to.

The Filth

Smash Lord
So yeah, what with all the fests going on either side of (and during) mine, I'm tempted to sack it off. Thoughts?

EDIT: Ok just had a word with a few people, I'ma cancel my fest. too much **** going on either side of it and I can't be arsed running a smaller fest. Gonna be having a houseparty instead :3

The_Rake

Smash Lord
I'm still intending on coming down on the sunday night, i'm playing guitar at a conference over the weekend so i need to be there for that and im goin church in the evening still. Depending on what holidays i get off work (im aiming for monday, wed and sat. my manager hasnt been in for 2 weeks so i havnt had it booked yet) will depend on when im there from/till. I'm gona get at least 2 of them off so ill be there from any of these

sunday night till sat
sunday night till friday night
monday night (like 11.30pm onwards) till sat
or worst case, monday night till friday night.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
You could just apply for a holiday like I did for a tournament

Marty - Also on Jobseekers Allowance.
Last I remembered, I was allowed one day off for "sickness" and "lateness" also counts as a day off -.- but stuff's changed so I don't know what will be going on.

So, if I have to be there at some point during the week then the possibility is that I get up early, catch a train, go back to scunny, do the crappy jobsearch, go back to barnsley. Problem with this is it's going to cost me £20 which I won't be able to get reinbursed. -.-'
Or I could just not come. but I want to. :<

Also congrats for changing the dates. I just realised that the week before and after are weeks I sign on on xD

edit

I gots painkillers for my back. yayuhz.

The_Rake

Smash Lord
alright lads I am now 100% confirmed for all nights now. No one else is off on those days at work so I'm there =)

GET RAKED!!!!!!!!1!!!!1111!!!1!!1!11!!!!1111!!!!!!

Calzorz

Smash Lord
good to hear rake , im kinda looking forward to this week get to see all u guys again and my freind izaw been too long xD

The_Rake

Smash Lord
defo bringing your 360 calz?

guitar hero ftw!

ill prob bring all 3 of my guitars with me (maybe just 2 as 1 of em sucks and can only use 3 in gh5) but i wont bring the drums, seriously not enough space lol xD

oh andy, would it be cool if i left the sunday when cal n kyle leave? =P can drop em at station then actually

Top Bottom