• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

CR4SH

Smash Lord
It's obviously Makoto from 3rd Strike.
Yeah, its a direct copy/paste from a guide website. Except that he took out the makoto part, maybe a few other things.
http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2008/jan/05/makoto-street-fighter-3-third-strike-character-guide/

The first thing that pops up in my mind with makoto is from the MK debate. Alot of people were relating MK to Yun from sf3, and others were mentioning that Makoto is a possible counter. Along the "mk has no counters" vein of argument. So are any of the remaining characters a possible MK counter? Where's that gif with everyone on it.

I read somewhere a long argument that Jiggs is the MK counter. So I think I might have to go with that. Plus stealth thinks it sounds like the puff, and has a crazy looking pikacario avatar.

WITH

Smash Apprentice
the up B stuff sounds like ness but does he really play for the down b???
i'll go ness

mimic_king

Smash Lord
The answer is either Wario since he's the only character left that doesn't suck, except Fox who is decent, but Wario fits the description better.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
It can't be Jigglypuff. She sucks. This character is supposed to be really good, which leaves Wario since he owns.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
jiggles doesn't suck that much.

anyway, make some kinda connection between makoto and brawl...

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
warios forward special is NOT his main offensive move. the only chr i can think of forward special as a main offensive move is marth but hes already covered...
jigglypuff's pound.

anyway this is stupid. everyone has to stop thinking literally here. like wtf, it talks about high punch/low punch and corner combos. :dizzy:

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Remaining Characters Pic:

It is definitely Makoto we are trying to find in order to proceed from there, but what we do with this info, I do not know.

First thing I though of is perhaps we are supposed to find "n" (like a math problem), n being the charcater's place overall. However, the tier list and the character rankings list do not have any of the remaining characters as 4th, so that is a dead end. I also tried looking at the way the Smash Roster is organized on the select screen, but the 4th character going both right and down are Samus and Bowser, so it couldn't be that. Wiki says that Makoto was ranked 23 out of 25 Street Fighter chars, so I looked for the 23rd char as well, but again, no dice. If the nth term is really what we need to solve, then the list we need for it is not the tier list or character rankings list.

Another possibility is that Makoto's moveset's, characteristics, and backgrounds may be similar to a character in Brawl. Seeing as I have never heard of this guy (gal?) until now, I am definitely not the one to make any comparisons.

But for now, my best guess is that, since Makoto seems to be a primarily combo oriented character, and Fox is the closest thing we have to that in Brawl, I'll guess Fox for sex now.

Also, ATE hundredth post.

EDIT: Although...Jigglypuff is the 4th WORST character on the tier list...maybe...?

The character rankings list has Lucas as 4th worst, but seeing as the rankings list is not constant and is lesser-known compared to the tier list, I don't think it's him. Me checking the rankings list to begin with was kinda a stretch, anyways. :/

So I guess I'll change my vote to Jigglypuff (again, for now).

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
He says it's one of his favorite characters. Therefore, it's not Fox. (at least it shouldn't be.) [/jk]

-----------

If you want to take the two phases of the Final Smash seriously, for Jiggly, there's the Puff Up (which blocks) then there's the Explosion (knocks people away.) Of course, this shouldn't be taken literally.

But I guess Jiggly.

FunkMaster

Smash Journeyman
caome on, really?

it's a perfect description of testament from guilty gear. traps and stuff

but obviously there is some obscure hidden message in that thing.

I belive there is someone out there with an absurd amount of patience or something that will

figure this out.

edit

or not. so then fox or wario maybe. who knows. I certainly don't.

Grunt

Smash Master
It fits Makoto far better than Testament.
It fits exactly.
Second final smash = the II Super in 3rd strike.
so obvious.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
There are no "reversals" in GG.
There is only one "Final Smash/Super" in GG. In 3s, you can choose from 3. Her second (Wall jump kick thing) Is the one that the "Down special" (Command throw) combos into "Neutral special" (Karate chop) which Cancels into said second Super.
"Up special" (Reverse Dragon Punch) is delayed on both ends of the attack, but is great at juggling.
Also, Makoto has the best dash in 3s by far.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
I would have said Jiggz, but look at the first line:
"This character is one of the best fighters in Brawl."

Yeah, no offense to Jiggly users. I'll have to go with Wario.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
But they aren't talking about a Brawl character...
Exactly lol. We have the character this paragraph is referring to (Makoto), but we need to know how to apply Makoto to Brawl and the remaining characters to understand who it is...

It's been said before, but that "TODay" is really bugging me.

Top Bottom