• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

DarkISDA

Smash Lord
Exactly lol. We have the character this paragraph is referring to (Makoto), but we need to know how to apply Makoto to Brawl and the remaining characters to understand who it is...
Makoto uses martial arts right? Well if you go on the Dojo on Wario's page, it's stated that Wario uses some kind of weird martial arts.

''It’s rumored that this unpredictable character will give birth to a form of martial arts that other characters cannot even see.''

So who knows? It may be the missing piece.

Shaky

Smash Ace
Makoto Saito, better known by his stage name K-Ness (born April 14, 1974 in Nerima, Tokyo, Japan) is a Japanese professional wrestler for Dragon Gate. He was previously a part of the faction Final M2K.

If this has anything to do with the character I will lol (My best guess is Ness if that info is a hint)

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Makoto Saito, better known by his stage name K-Ness (born April 14, 1974 in Nerima, Tokyo, Japan) is a Japanese professional wrestler for Dragon Gate. He was previously a part of the faction Final M2K.

If this has anything to do with the character I will lol (My best guess is Ness if that info is a hint)
lolllll

I'm changing to Ness now for the sheer coincidence of "M2K".

I'm no help in this hint at all lol, my knowledge of other fighters is limited.

Nanaki

Smash Lord
Some "translations" from the Makoto guide to Sliq's hint:

Makoto = This character

her = them

n = 4

Down Special = Karakusa (command grab to combo out of)

Side Special = Hayate (Dash Punch)

Up Special = Fukiage (Upwards Punch)

2nd Final Smash = Abare Tosanami (Jump away and dive kick)

Neutral Special = Oroshi (Overhead Karate Chop)

1st Final Smash = Seichusen-Godanzuki (multiple punches)

Probably means nothing, but thought it was worth posting.

Sliq

Smash Master
When do they announce who it is, because I'd like to give more hints if you guys are lost but I don't want you to get it immediately then wait 4 days for them to make a new one and look like an *******.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
When do they announce who it is, because I'd like to give more hints if you guys are lost but I don't want you to get it immediately then wait 4 days for them to make a new one and look like an *******.
Not my fault no one understands it but me so far. :p

Overswarm

is laughing at you
We announce on mondays, generally

Give 'em another hint. They'll be working on this forever, and forever is a long time.

Sliq

Smash Master
Here's another hint:

"It's not about the characters, it is about the people."

I hope this is vague enough to not give it away, but not too vague that it doesn't help.

Also, when someone get's it right with all the right reasoning I'll let you guys know.

Also, there are 2 ways to solve this weeks puzzle.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
+ Their moves have exceptional priority
I say jiggly puff because I feel their, referring to multiple was just used to cover gender, female.

If they put he then everyone would eliminate jiggly puff because she is referred to as she.

If they put she then everyone would say jiggly puff.

Or if they used he to cover gender and it was jiggly puff then, people would probably make jokes/complain.

So yeah....

aeolous

Smash Apprentice
Makoto Hirashima is one of the programmers for Brawl, and apparently was also associated with the Pokemon franchise. No idea if that has anything to do with the hint though.
If we just keep listing people named Makoto, maybe eventually we'll find the right one?

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Holy freaking crap.
ROFL!

What's this Makoto thing about anyway?
The hint is a copy/paste with changes from a guide on how to play makoto from SF3. Go look at my posts in this thread and you'll get a direct link to the guide.

Scorptile has the right idea but he's a little off.

OK, if thats what sliq is referring to, we might want to find someone high profile that mains Makoto in SF and plays brawl. I however, know nothing about the SF community.

Or maybe we need to find someone who mains makoto and uses a tag that's the name of a brawl character.

Or maybe Someone named makoto that plays a beastly (wario/jiggs/ness)

or maybe...

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/supersmashbros/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-42646585&pid=928518

the roster is really 36 characters.

Nanaki

Smash Lord
ROFL!

The hint is a copy/paste with changes from a guide on how to play makoto from SF3. Go look at my posts in this thread and you'll get a direct link to the guide.

OK, if thats what sliq is referring to, we might want to find someone high profile that mains Makoto in SF and plays brawl. I however, know nothing about the SF community.

Or maybe we need to find someone who mains makoto and uses a tag that's the name of a brawl character.

Or maybe Someone named makoto that plays a beastly (wario/jiggs/ness)

or maybe...

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/supersmashbros/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-42646585&pid=928518

the roster is really 36 characters.
"J" is one of the best Makoto players in Japan. A video featuring him is also featured in the guide that Sliq's hint is based off of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaLxqiCWImE

http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2008/jan/05/makoto-street-fighter-3-third-strike-character-guide/

The only "J" reference I can find in Brawl is, well, Jigglypuff (J-Money!)

A quick YouTube search for J and Brawl brings up this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD1U6YZ0Y-M

So, my guess has become Jigglypuff, I suppose. Best I could do in the 10 minutes I looked over stuff.

Or were you saying I was on the right track with my other post, Sliq?

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
"J" is one of the best Makoto players in Japan. A video featuring him is also featured in the guide that Sliq's hint is based off of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaLxqiCWImE

http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2008/jan/05/makoto-street-fighter-3-third-strike-character-guide/

The only "J" reference I can find in Brawl is, well, Jigglypuff (J-Money!)

A quick YouTube search for J and Brawl brings up this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD1U6YZ0Y-M

So, my guess has become Jigglypuff, I suppose. Best I could do in the 10 minutes I looked over stuff.
You know, that makes alot of sense. But i thought they would be doing Jiggs last, oh well

Snare

Smash Lord
Still no new character? Lazy motherf*ckers.
take a chill pill mate, they announce on monday, plus they dont have to tell us anything, just be glad the sbr cares enough to tell us what they are thinking.

@hint: im guessin its the Grinch, i mean he freakin stole christmas and is really easy to combo with.

Sliq

Smash Master
Getting warmer. Scorptile is apparently the only smart person working on this.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Sounds like weegee to me, but then again, he;s my main so all the good stuff said about him will identify with me. >_>

edit: oh wait, weegee's been done already.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
OK, I think I got it.

Makoto is from Street fighter.

...Street fighter is capcom. Capcom vs marvel

...It's mahvel baybee, where's you're curly moustache at.

...Oooh he's got that mango sentinel.

...Mango plays jigglypuff.

....The character is wario.

Sliq

Smash Master
OK, I think I got it.

Makoto is from Street fighter.

...Street fighter is capcom. Capcom vs marvel

...It's mahvel baybee, where's you're curly moustache at.

...Oooh he's got that mango sentinel.

...Mango plays jigglypuff.

....The character is wario.
ಠ_ಠ

10 pringles

Top Bottom