• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
If it's that dumb PK LUVA thing I'm gonna be sad.

Hmm, but it might fit. If we look at it not as the whole hint, but as the first step. Is there something in the Ness/Lucas character specific boards we should be trying to find?

Edit: Hahaha, PKLuva is the name of a smashboards user with 1 post, that says "I fight for my friends." His only friend on the boards is Overswarm. I think we've got it :)
Problem is he joined on Sep 30th which is the day after the hint was posted?

Edit 2:
Daaaaaaaaaamn.

It was right under my nose. :( I sneezed it out in the beginning of this thread and left it to hang there...not knowing it was the very thing I needed most. :'( lolmetaphors

I say Ike, for obvious reasons. But I think I'm going to snoop around a bit more to make sure.

BTW, a few tidbits that now make sense (that weren't already posted):

Panda said this hint required set up. He was referring to the creation of this faux-member, and the posting of the messages in the Lucas and Overswarm's...wall thing (I dunno what it's called '_' ).

The breadcrumbs refer to the "band names>PK LUVA> Member called PK Luva > Post about fighting for his friends> Ike" trail of clues that were left for us.

Overswarm posting a lot. Perhaps he was baiting us to click on his profile and notice that a user named "PKLuva" added him as a friend...

The only thing I need closure on is THOSE GOD DARN ELIPSES! :mad:

EDIT: Also, this was a test to see if we all use the search function.

We failed.

Hard.

:urg:

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
They were just there to show they were taken from songs, and where the songs continued after that.
...What. Elipses don't necessarily equate to lyrics. I don't know where you got this. By that logic, I can put elipses in front of or after any sentence and they would be song lyrics. Like so:

I enjoy my salami with large helpings of mustard...
...What kind of pickles do you put in your eggs?

I'm not sure what you mean by that.

And where the song continued after that...so you're saying there is nothing before the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th and 6th lines? That those are the opening lines of those songs? Because they're not.

Besides, if they were showing where the songs continued after that, and Panda included them in the hint...wouldn't that mean that we should follow the dots? See where the song continued after?

I reaaaaaaally hope it's just epic mindgames.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Odd... PK LUVA fights for his friends and shows us what Oli Oli Oxen Free really means at the end of the line...

I even noticed the PK LUVA profile, didn't think much of it though.

Everything you need is right there, eh, overswarm? someONE guessed the first step? Its all within the word? trial of breadcrumbs, missing letters, word games...

Its very ironic that I DIDN'T know the answer when I saw it.

Ike. Dang.

JLynn943

Smash Ace
Even though I know it could be Ike or Lucas even, I'm going with Olimar.

What made me choose him over Ike/Lucas is that "this is the end of the line" post on OS's profile. I think the "end of the line" is the end of the trail of breadcrumbs, which leads us right up to the "oli oli oxen free" which not only tells us it's olimar, but also tells us to stop looking

i really hope OS didn't mean "olly olly oxen free" and just misspelled it

edit: bottom of page :(

guild525

Smash Rookie
Nice job to the people who helped solve the hint. (I'm among the people who randomly guessed and I guessed Ike out of personal bias woot!)

JJR.O.B.

Smash Ace
Even though I know it could be Ike or Lucas even, I'm going with Olimar.

What made me choose him over Ike/Lucas is that "this is the end of the line" post on OS's profile. I think the "end of the line" is the end of the trail of breadcrumbs, which leads us right up to the "oli oli oxen free" which not only tells us it's olimar, but also tells us to stop looking

i really hope OS didn't mean "olly olly oxen free" and just misspelled it

edit: bottom of page :(
I can't decide, Ike or Olimar. This person ^^^ makes me want to say Olimar. . . . .

Okay I guess Oli

Tenki

Smash Hero
I'm gonna laugh if for some minute reason not yet mentioned, it's actually ZSS.

Kirby-oh

Smash Apprentice
Okay, so if we are not done, where do we go now?

Olimar is the end of the line, fights with his friends, and has shorthand Oli. I like that. :p
End of the Chain, and he even fights for the Pikmin (they were extinct and were dying again for the second game) Even more to the theory than the prior post. :D

It doesn't matter, though, because it's supposed to be obvious. :p

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Wait, it wasn't Mewtwo again? Panda, you lied to me!

I'm done for the week!
Hold on a sec...

These lines all from emo songs. Emo songs are depressing. Emos are generally shunned from the public.

This is hint 26. There were 26 characters in Melee.

Add those two together and the character is someone who is sad because they were excluded, and is the 26th of something.

The 26th character in the Melee tier list...is...

Mewtwo.

likomahgawd

Dude, that's like my favourite song.
The bass is phat. :lick:

infomon

Smash Scientist
Eck.... I don't know if I should jump on the Olimar bandwagon or not. I kinda feel like PKluva's post on Overswarm's profile is a step further than PKluva's post on that Introduce Yourself thread.

"This is the end of the line for you, buddy. I'll show you what oli oli oxen free really means." Sounds kinda like "Prepare yourself; you'll get no sympathy from me." lol :) But more realistically, it says "This is the end of the hint, and Oli Oli Oxen Free really means Olimar."

Sigh, this doesn't really seem like "if you get the hint then you got it without doubt". Waaaah!

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
i have almost figured it out.

after i youtubed every line one by one, like a trail of crumbs they have all turned out to be emo in some nature. because of all the emo tendencies i have deciphered that this week must be the most emo char of them all.

then i will ask this question to the community: Who is the most emo character ever?

Onxy

Smash Lord
PT because it's Pokemon, and the anime can sure be emo. Lol.

Ace55

Smash Lord
then i will ask this question to the community: Who is the most emo character ever?
Lucario, but he's already been done.

Kudos to the people who figured out the PKluva thing. If it's not Ike I'm gonna give up hope in the hints al together.

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
it has to be ike. if its an emo character. what do all and every single emo person do that makes them not their own unique individual because they are all copy cats cause they all do it?

/wrists
/wrists
/wrists

and whos the only char left who can do this succefully? ike
he has a sword. and he wears wrist guards to hide the evidence. hence why samurai panda had to make the hint so hard, to hide the truth!

JLynn943

Smash Ace
Eck.... I don't know if I should jump on the Olimar bandwagon or not. I kinda feel like PKluva's post on Overswarm's profile is a step further than PKluva's post on that Introduce Yourself thread.

"This is the end of the line for you, buddy. I'll show you what oli oli oxen free really means." Sounds kinda like "Prepare yourself; you'll get no sympathy from me." lol :) But more realistically, it says "This is the end of the hint, and Oli Oli Oxen Free really means Olimar."

Sigh, this doesn't really seem like "if you get the hint then you got it without doubt". Waaaah!
I'm with you on the "if you get the hint then you got it without doubt" thing. It isn't quite as obvious as they made it sound it would be.

I think that the post on the Introduce Yourself forum might be like last weeks hint though. Just like Rollin could obviously mean Jigglypuff's rollout, "I fight for my friends" should mean Ike. However, like last week, I think we need to look past the blatantly obvious. Like Kirby-oh said, Olimar fights for his friends too.

I think "I fight for my friends" was just to trick people who were too eager to find the answer and be done.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
it has to be ike. if its an emo character. what do all and every single emo person do that makes them not their own unique individual because they are all copy cats cause they all do it?

/wrists
/wrists
/wrists

and whos the only char left who can do this succefully? ike
he has a sword.
LMAO, I had thought about this earlier! :laugh: Never thought someone would say it...

No, we think it's Ike for a different reason. Give me a sec, there's a post that encompasses all of what's happened...

Here:

So, to sum it all up, and reiterate what others have said, it's IKE.

Overswarm alluded to the"six letter word" and when someone re-quoted his hint and explained how we need to pull a word from letters in the lyrics (or something to that effect), Overswarm replied with a broken link to the cigar photo.

This meant, "Close but no cigar". Overswarm also said previously that someone had figured out step one.

Step one was to get this 6 letter word. and as many people have pointed out, (first letters of) the band names form the word PKLUVA.

What's the next step? To apply it. Like infzy (i think) pointed out, PKLUVA is a member on these boards who joined the SAME DAY THE CLUE WAS POSTED.

His only quote? "I fight for my friends" (Ike's taunt)

So, there's your bread crumb trail. It led to PKLUVA's profile which led to IKE.

The answer is IKE, i don't think there's much question about it...no?

comboking

Smash Master
Maybe PKluva's comment on overswarms page was just a trick kind of like the whole account.
Oh and who ever made the account can i have it plz. just for fun

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
LMAO, I had thought about this earlier! :laugh: Never thought someone would say it...

No, we think it's Ike for a different reason. Give me a sec, there's a post that encompasses all of what's happened...
lawl, no way that sums it up. it cant be anyother character.

or what you quoted, wich is still ike.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
lawl, no way that sums it up. it cant be anyother character.

or what you quoted, wich is still ike.

Its not any other character, its Ike. :/ Read the post I edited into my other post.
lawl Ok you did.

Well, it's possibly Olimar. <_> I still need to think this over...

JLynn943

Smash Ace
Maybe PKluva's comment on overswarms page was just a trick kind of like the whole account.
Oh and who ever made the account can i have it plz. just for fun
true, it's possible that the PK Luva = PK Love, meaning Lucas thing is where we should have stopped, but I like my olimar reasoning, so I'm sticking with him.

ftl

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it should be more obvious than this... a Lucas-related name saying "I fight for my friends" and then saying "It's the end of the line... OLI!" ? No closure for me, there. Is there any further step to take?

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Love is a four letter word. Here in this prison.....

I don't know. I'm not sure I believe the "logic" train that's been followed. I'm just going to say Olimar and be done with it.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
It isn't Olimar.

I just realized something.

If this weeks character was Olimar, then I'd assume the sbr members might come to our board and maybe check their facts or something before posting in the official "Olimar Discussion Thread" or w/e in the backroom. (There's just way too much info about Olimar for even the sbr members to know everything. I'd assume they might take a glance or something at least. Such as pikmin characteristics or something. idk) If they came to the Olimar boards though, they would have seen the many threads that should be closed...and aren't. They haven't closed any though- proof that they haven't been into the Olimar forums in a while. Just a thought, lol.

eh?

asob4

Smash Champion
hmmmm well i know mookierah knows about pikmin's

maybe they did that on purpose to keep their presence unknown as to make the hint difficult
they are omnipresent o.o

Tenki

Smash Hero
It isn't Olimar.

I just realized something.

If this weeks character was Olimar, then I'd assume the sbr members might come to our board and maybe check their facts or something before posting in the official "Olimar Discussion Thread" or w/e in the backroom. (There's just way too much info about Olimar for even the sbr members to know everything. I'd assume they might take a glance or something at least. Such as pikmin characteristics or something. idk)
If they came to the Olimar boards though, they would have seen the many threads that should be closed...and aren't. They haven't closed any though- proof that they haven't been into the Olimar forums in a while. Just a thought, lol.

eh?
Well, I guess it isn't Sonic then :laugh: it took them way too long to close certain threads that should have been closed, and there's still a few survivors floating around.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
If they came to the Olimar boards though, they would have seen the many threads that should be closed...and aren't. They haven't closed any though- proof that they haven't been into the Olimar forums in a while. Just a thought, lol.

eh?
I don't think that's relevant. The same thing could be said for every board. They close threads if someone reports them or are REALLY offtopic/useless/flamewar. Stupid threads just die in 3 days.

Top Bottom