• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
They all say something different... : /
I checked when he said the 10 posts thing.

He was either talking about my Mario image (which I pray he's not), Halloween Captain talking about how we need to look at that segment of the video clip as catching the nature of the character, rather than a direct reference to him, or another poster whose name I can't remember talking about getting into the mind of the BR.

I'm going to go double-check, but I'm pretty sure it's what HC said.

JJR.O.B.

Smash Ace
I like one of the previous 10 posters becasue they are smart.
Overswarm must be referring to the Halloween Captain because he is the only smart post 10 posts before him.

O.K., what Overswarm probably meant was that the moment captured at (2:44) is a look into the soul of the character being discussed. The character does not need to have any qualities in common with the song so long as the discussed timeclip is an accurate portrayal of the character's nature.

If you look at it through a tainted glass, specific details are useless. Picasso didn't exactly make his details all that accurate.

EDIT: or you could turn your screen upside down. I wonder if that was what Samurai meant when he said obtuse...

The time clip looks really awsome when viewed from odd angles on a flat-screen monitor, by the way.
^^ This

I think he is on the right track.

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
Well yeah, why else would he bring up Picasso?

But looking at deeper meaning behind some dude in green pants pretending to dance is making my brain hurt.

I spent my entire college career finding hidden meaning in the most profound texts of history, but this, this I can't get. I've gone through so many theories so far just to end up saying "No, no, that's dumb", I'm running out of storage space in my memory.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
oh come on guys... if it were luigi it would be a big huggy rainbow picture and that's all :laugh:

Rama

Smash Rookie
wario

rollin on his bike
puts his hands up for his up tilt and up air

just my guess

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Am I the only one who was been negatively affected by this? Forget the actual hint, I got this **** song stuck in my head.

Anyway.... Picasso.... obtuse.... abstract....

Those seem to be the keys.

Sonic and Jigglypuff... out of the question. Anyone who's been paying attention knows that much.

I wonder if it has something to do with has dance moves....

Errrgh... I have a feeling that the answer just isn't going to make sense to the general public.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
WAIT WAIT WAIT, lets look at it from SBR's perspective. If you were in the SBR and had to find an obscure hint, would you send everyone off into youtube and have them look through thousands of vids until one found one that somehow has the right hue/hidden letters/guy doing a char taunt exactly? I'd think that they were having a discussion, a guy ran into the forums and went,

"hey guyz, I was watching this video and at 2:44, that_____ randomly reminded me of this weeks character. It was like the weirdest thing ever, but I found a super random connection "

"Hey, we should use that as our hint!"

OK, it probably didn't go like that, but still, if you had been playing Brawl and randomly watched that video and it suddenly reminded you of a character at 2:44 while just normally watching it(though I don't know why anyone would...), who would that char be?
I like this post.

I'm tellin' you guys... Luigi.

Kirby-oh

Smash Apprentice
That post is really great for two reasons:

1) It is very logical and gives us a reasonable basis for forming opinions, and
2) It means that people in the Back Room are pathetic enough to routinely watch Limp Bizkit music videos.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I'm surprised people didn't look at the 10 posts before the post where I referenced 10 posts exactly for a clue.
If I had to guess, it was half because your other hints were so clearly straightforward, they thought the whole post was a joke. Also I am always surprised how much simpler it is to thumb through obscure references that are probably useless, rather than actually consider another perspective on a problem. I mean the mathmatical properties of 2:44? And yet, this takes less effort than looking through Samurai's wording and OS's advice about new perspectives, as it doesn't require all that different a frame of mind.

While it's surprising that only one ar two posters did that, it is also a pretty typical outlook. Heck, if Samurai didn't post a hint one week, it wouldn't matter if the entire Broom told us the next character in every other post; I'd say a good 90% of the posters would ignore them.

RedSnowman

Smash Apprentice
The colors in the room are like the gey bubble of Luigi... initially I was thinking mario and I want to believe this hint is not that easy... but more and more people say it's Luigi, and I believe it.

AlexX

Smash Ace
Heck, if Samurai didn't post a hint one week, it wouldn't matter if the entire Broom told us the next character in every other post; I'd say a good 90% of the posters would ignore them.
To be fair, it can be hard to tell if they're joking or not. After all, they just did a "chain throw" hint where it turned out to be referring to Shiek's side B, they claimed Ganondorf had a "devistating" air game, and I highly doubt too many took the Mewtwo thing seriously until it actually turned out to be true... Darn them and their mindgames...

Snail

Smash Lord
These hints haven't been serious since the Mewtwo one (well, okay. Pit was a serious hint), and if a BRoom member "spoils" anything 90% of the time it's not true or irrelevant.

<_<

PCHU

Smash Lord
Jigglypuff.
That's my guess.

Or perhaps Sonic.
My guesses are very easy to see.
I'm pretty sure it's one of those two, but if I must choose one, Sonic.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
"Hands in then hands out"

Luigi's Front-Smash is kinda like that. He puts his hand out and then back in at a quick speed. Plus, he does dance funny in his Final Smash.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
I'm surprised people didn't look at the 10 posts before the post where I referenced 10 posts exactly for a clue.
O.K., what Overswarm probably meant was that the moment captured at (2:44) is a look into the soul of the character being discussed. The character does not need to have any qualities in common with the song so long as the discussed timeclip is an accurate portrayal of the character's nature.
Is what he was referring to. (or the one right after it, hah, but that doesn't tell us anything).

Why? Because of the painter's hint, which is really easy to figure out if you know who the **** Rembrandt is (how do you guys not know him?). Rembrandt was a realist painter, he painted detail and form. Most of what he did were portraits.

Picasso is not a "cubist painter', though he did invent cubism, and used it alot. He's an abstract painter. In other words he sees the world through symbolism and conceptualization. i.e. the quote above.

Cubism is just a form of abstraction.

As for the whole obtuse view of your monitor? Hogwash.

WAIT WAIT WAIT, lets look at it from SBR's perspective. If you were in the SBR and had to find an obscure hint, would you send everyone off into youtube and have them look through thousands of vids until one found one that somehow has the right hue/hidden letters/guy doing a char taunt exactly? I'd think that they were having a discussion, a guy ran into the forums and went,

"hey guyz, I was watching this video and at 2:44, that_____ randomly reminded me of this weeks character. It was like the weirdest thing ever, but I found a super random connection "

OK, it probably didn't go like that, but still, if you had been playing Brawl and randomly watched that video and it suddenly reminded you of a character at 2:44 while just normally watching it(though I don't know why anyone would...), who would that char be?
also intelligent.

edit: now that i look at both of those posts, they pretty much say the same thing. I guess it must be luigi. lol.

infomon

Smash Scientist
cr4sh is absolutely correct, but I still can't follow it up with a direction that easily distinguishes one character out of the others. :(

CR4SH

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure it's not you idiot!!!!
ROFL! owned.

Well, I would guess his rembrandt/picasso hint was about all the people dissecting the song's title and exactly what all the blocks looked like and stuff. OMG, its called air raid vehicle, that must mean starfox's spaceship! Rather than just looking at it for what it is (the one second of video at least).

Thinking about it further, taking into account the "they're really not interested in trying that hard to make a hint" angle. Imagine you're sitting in front of a screen, playing brawl, someone's at the computer on youtube. You look to your left and see that piece of video. ZOMG? Wtf is that? Luigi final smash?

And everyone laughs.

later, they're looking for a hint about luigi. You say, hey this one time i saw this, and it made me think of luigi. "That's just ****ed up and weird enough to work"

Bang, luigi. Or as luigi might say, bang bang.

Miller

Smash Lord
You guys are just thinking to much about this. The mods are just trolling to make things more fun, which they've succeeded ^_^

CR4SH

Smash Lord
You guys are just thinking to much about this. The mods are just trolling to make things more fun, which they've succeeded ^_^
Its more fun for everyone :chuckle:

Why else would we be here making up weird theories about who the next character is going to be? Like it actually makes a difference?

Also, as for mr. wiggles. Thats luigi again, plus he's a break dancer. Luigi's dsmash is a breakdance, and when I kill people with it I like to yell "Served!"

I'm convicnced now.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Hey guys, guess what? The guy dancing?

His name is Mr. Wiggles. *lol*

Discuss.

PS: I'm serious, his name is Mr. Wiggles. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Wiggles)

Edit: Another, possibly better, link on the wiggleman: http://www.latinrapper.com/featurednews24.html

Edit II: My final answer (until further notice) is Ness.
The person in the youtube comments section is a liar. <_>

So, it isn't Salah...and is instead this Mr. Wiggles fellow.

Still doesn't change much. >_<

In light of the Picasso hint, I think I may be going for Luigi now. However, I'm gonna spend today and tomorrow night watching that vid and trying to "abstractly" connect it to something...

Panda's evil. <____>

EDIT: Oh, and did anyone catch this?

Panda, I think you also need to ANSWER this in video form.
That can either mean OS is telling Panda to make a video of him explaining the hint...or there's a video that this is refrencing. Hopefully the former, or we'll be searching for that video forever. :urg:

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
or maybe it'll be a video review?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
It's Ike

10 Ikes
I know this is completely off topic, but that kill in your sig is way too epic to go unoticed.

EDIT: It's Sonic. The songs called Rollin'. Sonic is always "Rollin' around at the speed of sound!" City escape. At 2:44 he's in a blue room. Sonic is blue and rollin'. Therefore, it's Sonic.

Geou

Smash Apprentice

Everyone needs to listen to this guy for he is the master of logic. 3 simple steps to do now:

STOP

LISTEN

AND OBEY

Top Bottom