• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

Dubz

Smash Cadet
Does ZSS count lol? I guess you could spam her gun, and most of the time you have to wait for a chance to side b for the kill.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Very very close tie between Lucas and Toon Link.

Projectile Spam; Windwaker Link has the bow, Lucas has PK Freeze. Wink wins because the bow is faster to pull. PK Fire is better than Ness' for aerial projectile spam, but it's still not as good as the Boomerang. PK Thunder for Lucas has a better turning radius but leaves Lucas pretty exposed, so it's the Bombs again.

I really think Wink wins out.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
The only thing that makes me think twice is that they say that he requires patience, KOing during the openings you are given. Somehow that doesn't seem like it fits Wink, whom pretty much is all over the place.

Meanwhile Lucas is floaty enough and has enough startup lag on his KO attacks (Running A, Fsmash, etc) that would pretty much solidify him as a "Wait for the right moment" fighter.

Than again Wink's finishers aren't that great and are kind of laggy, so eh.

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
After thinking long and hard, I think it's Ganondorf.

jk I think it's TL, I can't wait for the Marth update though.

Grandeza

Smash Master
I know they're not going in a tier list order or Diddy wouldn't have been done yet but they seem to be doing the better characters before the worse(so far) so I think Toon Link is definitely viable for next. It could be Lucas but something tells me it's not. Deep down I hope it's Lucario but I think it's Toon Link.

-sonny-

Smash Journeyman
I think it's TL. He's great at racking up the damage and putting pressure on, but his only real good kill moves are fair, fsmash and sometimes uair.

ikesonroids

Smash Rookie
i think its pikachu...

hes definitly got a spammable projectile, above average priority, and definitly some quick attacks (no puns intended).

But then again i dont believe he has any troubles KOing

Im still going with pikachu to be different

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
No question. Toon Link. Olimar kills well, Lucas can only spam one projectile.

bacun

Smash Rookie
No question. Toon Link. Olimar kills well, Lucas can only spam one projectile.
You've obviously never played a good Lucas. If he's up against someone with a good top-down aerial game and poor to decent DI (falco, fox, dorf, and cario come to mind), PK thunder spam on an aerial opponent can **** their **** up. 2-3 hits on a single thunder is nothing to scoff at.

Although the thing about the opening is kind of inaccurate. Lucas's stick can KO lighters at 60% if it's fresh and you sweetspot it, but too many nubcakes spam it every time they have a chance and it ends up sucking hard as a KO.

I think that Lucas needs more of an opening than TL to get a KO because besides stick (which doesn't come out slow, what the hell are people talking about?) his main killers, dsmash and usmash, have plenty of lag and need to be predicted well to kill. Meanwhile, his spikes are VERY situational. Tlink, all of his smashes come out quickly enough that it's really not as much of a problem.

My money's on Lucas, but maybe that's just me.

manhunter098

Smash Lord
Its definitely not Lucas, you can KO heavy characters with his stick at a little over 100% and its fast as hell for a smash attack, maybe faster. Plus hes got the whole issue with now being useless against like half the cast with that whole grab thing now...

Toon Link fits well, but I really dont thing there is too much trouble when it comes to getting kills with him, his attacks are all at reasonable speeds, and down smash can kill pretty well if you save it up and its pretty darn fast to come out. Rob doesnt fit too well either since hes great at gimping his opponents, all he has to do is get them off the stage and they arent coming back.

All I have to say is that this is a really tough one, and if it werent for the plural use of the word projectile in the hint...Id pour all my money on Lucario.

Zindura

Smash Cadet
I'm thinking either Lucas or Pit.

Lucas has massive priority and PK Fire is a very spammable projectile. I don't think he has that much of a problem KOing, however. His main KO tool, the F-smash, isn't all that slow or laggy. His up-air also serves as a quicker KO tool at higher percents, and his b-air can send his opponent to some very premature deaths off the bottom of the screen.

I'm not sure if the "patient" part applies to Lucas, though. He can be played very aggressively. You can approach with PK Fire too. His F-air, B-air, and dashing B-down facilitate a strong offense. He can transfer seamlessly from his air moves to his excellent ground moves, such as jabs or f-tilt.

Though Pit may not have massive range, his swords are still disjointed and therefore have great priority. God only knows he can spam it up. He definitely has a problem KOing while he's not edgeguarding, due to his lack of range on KO moves. He has to punish to get kills.

I'm a Lucas main, though, not a Pit main... I think it could go either way.

frankisvital

Smash Journeyman
Definitely Toon Link. Lucas has no problems killing, and the term "projectiles" instead of the singular makes me doubt Pit.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
depends if people consider Toon Link a newcomer. I sorta just consider him a vet. He's a revamp of my old main, Young Link.

Erucolindo86

Smash Rookie
So does anyone think the Diddy post lacked a lot of the in-depth analysis of the other previous entries? It's seems pretty obvious that the BRoomers put less emphasis on Diddy and have either relegated him to a lower tier, or have yet to dissect his metagame. I was really looking forward to having significant, in depth analysis of each character straight from the reputable sources. This little scrap of basic info was really kind of a letdown. . .

Erucolindo86

Smash Rookie
Oh, and I'm calling Lucas for next week. Insane priorities, both side-b and up-b projectiles, and he can have trouble with KO's against stronger players as his u-smash is horribly powerful, but just as horribly telegraphed and easily punishable. Take those away and he's left with a gimp b-air and the stick. Certainly dangerous, but manageable with enough concentration.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
The in-depth wasn't that bad. Showed his strengths and weaknesses. The rest of the in-depth worked with characters who were much less clear cut and contraversial. (Wolf and Metaknight have long been praised as "Way too good" and "New Shiek/Marth.")

Browny

Smash Hater
Oh, and I'm calling Lucas for next week. Insane priorities, both side-b and up-b projectiles, and he can have trouble with KO's against stronger players as his u-smash is horribly powerful, but just as horribly telegraphed and easily punishable. Take those away and he's left with a gimp b-air and the stick. Certainly dangerous, but manageable with enough concentration.
dont forget his long lasting dsmash to punish rollers which also hits behind him, pkthunder to chase people off the stage and his f-air isnt too bad

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
I think pit...his only kill move is his back air and his smashes has god awful range...after having a pit for a teammate for a month...i think its him.

-Linko-

Smash Journeyman
It's either Toon Link or Pit.

I think it's Toon Link, Pit hasn't got that big ammount of projectiles to spam, only one. Toon Link can spam arrows, bombs, boomerangs...

KURiSUTARU

Smash Rookie
I say Toon Link, for two reasons: Pit (the only other character I can see fitting the hint) only has one progectile, and if it was Pit there would have to be *something* about recovery. Then again, I've never had trouble KOing with Toon Link, so...

EDIT: I just saw the post saying that the hint may not refer to all the strengths. I'm going with Pit, I guess.

Top Bottom