• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

crosser43

Smash Journeyman
Let me guess, this is a tier list. Metaknight, Wolf, G&W, Snake, and Diddy are the top five.
No, it is not. It is basically an analysis of every character. Their strengths/weaknesses are summed up and a basic overview is written. Even week a different char. These are basically to help people understand each character more individually, so when you see the actual tier list, which is when kingdom comes, you'll know basically sorta what to expect. It could even be completely different from what you expect, but it is the results of tournaments. This is far from a tier list.

Read the first post. all of it

WhoseReality?

Smash Apprentice
Definitely not Olimar. Doesn't have a hard time KOing for sure. Pit, maybe. Toon Link is a good bet.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
olimar does not have a spammable projectile, you get 6 shots, then you have to reload, and you're very vulnerable at that time

6 is either
1. D3 - his really strong attacks are really slow, so unless your opponent screws up, you're just going to be poking him for 6-7% a whole lot (technically utilt is good, but most people know to stay back at high percents, because the reach of utilt is tiny) all his tilts and most of his aerials come out surprisingly fast for his size, and waddle dees/doos/gordos = spammable projectiles

2. Falco - his only really good non gimp killer is fsmash, which requires the opponent to screw up if you want to land the strong part of that attack, a combo has insane priority, he's undoubtedly quick, and laser/reflector spam and camp combo is deadly

3. Pikachu - doesnt kill well, very capable of spam, pretty good priority

4. Pit - see: pikachu

might be lucas, i have not played many lucas's, and have not screwed around with him enough to pass judgement

it is not toon link or rob, because they have enough kill options, and average priority, also, rob doesn't really have spammable projectiles

It is without question captain falcon though

iLink

Smash Champion
olimar does not have a spammable projectile, you get 6 shots, then you have to reload, and you're very vulnerable at that time

6 is either
1. D3 - his really strong attacks are really slow, so unless your opponent screws up, you're just going to be poking him for 6-7% a whole lot (technically utilt is good, but most people know to stay back at high percents, because the reach of utilt is tiny) all his tilts and most of his aerials come out surprisingly fast for his size, and waddle dees/doos/gordos = spammable projectiles

2. Falco - his only really good non gimp killer is fsmash, which requires the opponent to screw up if you want to land the strong part of that attack, a combo has insane priority, he's undoubtedly quick, and laser/reflector spam and camp combo is deadly

3. Pikachu - doesnt kill well, very capable of spam, pretty good priority

4. Pit - see: pikachu

might be lucas, i have not played many lucas's, and have not screwed around with him enough to pass judgement

it is not toon link or rob, because they have enough kill options, and average priority, also, rob doesn't really have spammable projectiles

It is without question captain falcon though
It isn't Falco, pikachu or C. Falcon... if you read it again, it says its a NEWCOMER

My best bet is Pit however.

Tien2500

Smash Lord
Lets look at the candidates.

Pit- Spammable projectile (but only one). Has a bit of problems KOing but its not that bad. Does have quick attacks and good priority.
Olimar- Somewhat spammable projectile. Doesn't have much trouble KOing an enemy. Awesome priority and pretty fast attacks.
Rob- Has two projectiles. Neither is spammable. Has a few quick attacks but alot of them have start up time. I guess he can have a little trouble KOing but not all that much.
Lucas- Multiple projectiles. Out of these PK fire is the most spamable. PK Thunder is somewhat spammable. PK Freeze is not very spamable. His priority is pretty good but his attacks aren't particularly quick.

Toon Link- Spammable projectiles and good priority. Has some trouble KOing. Fsmash can be hard to connect with. Dair and Uair are pretty easy to see coming. Dsmash and Usmash are viable for KOs but not that great. Has some quick attacks. Most likely in my opinion.
Dedede- No problem KOing really. Spammable projectile. Can be projectiles depending on how you look it it. Good priority and has some quick attacks. I don't think its him though due to his major power.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
It isn't Falco, pikachu or C. Falcon... if you read it again, it says its a NEWCOMER

My best bet is Pit however.
it is always captain falcon

but yeah, i didn't see newcomer, its probably pit, d3, or maybe even lucario now that i think about it, has to be patient because he can't kill until he's at around 70-80%

Dedede- No problem KOing really. Spammable projectile. Can be projectiles depending on how you look it it. Good priority and has some quick attacks. I don't think its him though due to his major power.
he doesn't have problems koing on the condition that they runstraight into his smashes, however, they do not come out fast, so you have to wait for them to slip up for them to hit

KhannKlan

Smash Cadet
Toon Link (can he be called a newcomer?), ROB, or Pit. I would say pit for sure but he doesn't have multiple projectiles though. The rest of the description fits him, since both Rob and TL can kill fairly easily.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Wow, so #5 WAS Diddy.. hopefully, they have good things to say about him.. or I'll....

Edit: #6 is Olimar. If it's not, I'll main Ness...

Well..maybe not main Ness....

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
its a newcomer, says so in the post

and it says projectiles plural, however, it does not say that they have to be different, there just has to be more than one usable at one time (you can have 2 waddles out, so its two different projectiles, you can fire off thousands of arrows, and you can easily spam shadow balls

Kabii!

Smash Rookie
I think that it is Toon Link. He has many many projectiles (Like the spammable bow), quick attacks, and good priority.

petrie911

Smash Journeyman
Toon Link and Pit come immediately to mind. Olimar doesn't seem to have that much trouble finding openings for his KO moves, and Dedede and Link hardly qualify as quick in any sense of the word.

Anyways, with that out of the way, the Diddy analysis seems pretty spot-on. Much like all the other analyses.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
ummm, olimar kos pretty easily

and dedede does have several quick attacks, his tilts are all very fast, most kill moves are very slow so you have to be "patient"

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
The description for #6 really does seem fit for Olimar...he can spam projectiles, he has a hard time KO'ing his opponents, and he requires both patience to use and face.
Uhh, Olimar kills really quickly. All his smash moves, 4 of his aerials, and many of his throws are kill moves.

I'm going to guess Rob or Lucario for #6.

JJ259

Smash Apprentice
#6 is definitely going to be lucario...think about it.

The combination of awesome priority,
Lucario has some of, if not the best, hit boxes in the game.
quick attacks
His aerials are insanely fast
and projectiles you can spam
Aura sphere
playing with this character also requires patience as it is difficult to KO an opponent until they show an opening.
He needs patience to be able to get in an opening because sometimes it's necessary for him to have damage and put himself at risk to get enough knock-back to KO people. Some of his big KO moves are somewhat slow and require being able to punish someone in order to get them in.

Metadour-2

Smash Apprentice
guys, it specifically says spammable projectile(s). Hence, though pit first came to mind, he only has the bow. Toon link can totally spam his projectiles, is quick, with high priority (sword. duh.) the only thing that i found troubling was the patience part.

Illussionary

Smash Journeyman
#6 is definitely going to be lucario...think about it.

Lucario has some of, if not the best, hit boxes in the game.

His aerials are insanely fast

Aura sphere

He needs patience to be able to get in an opening because sometimes it's necessary for him to have damage and put himself at risk to get enough knock-back to KO people. Some of his big KO moves are somewhat slow and require being able to punish someone in order to get them in.
QFT

10Chars

Smashless

Smash Apprentice
idk about rob or lucario- rob can't "spam" his projectiles, as they have a cooldown or charge up time. and lucario only has one projectile, not multiple ones, and can't really "spam" that either.

Finch

Smash Lord
It is without a doubt Toon Link. Every word of the descrption fits perfectly.

Edit: hmm, it could also be Lucas.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
People, keep in mind that the hint does NOT cover every advantage the character of the week may have. Just a few. And also keep in mind that "spammable projectiles" carries many meanings. I want to give more insight into what that means, but I doubt I can do so without giving it away.

This weeks hint is a bit more difficult. It requires that you have some experience about how the character can be played at high levels for you to understand where each point comes in.

...I've said too much >_<

Ills

Smash Apprentice
Something tells me the #6 update is either Toon Link or Pit.

You heard it here first! 8D

Top Bottom